Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,221 members, 7,910,308 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 03:10 AM

Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest (29969 Views)

Drenched In Blood - How Bangladesh Protests Turned Deadly / Kenya's President Withdraws Tax Plan After Deadly Protest / Chad's Army Dissolves Parliament, Government. Imposes Curfew, Shuts Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by chopnaira: 3:45pm On Jul 20
Remman:
I've been to Rangpur, Dhaka and Bengal. Nice people? Yes! But their angry side is never forgiven.

Confidential: I offended a guy who didn't forgive me till i left, not racism related. I also had hostile encounters with two of their ladies from two different cities and their anger issues were non-forgiven. One threatened with her brother inlaw who leads a gang.

But i was somewhat untouchable because we were on a charity program (part of Mason elite program we do in our lodge every year) that took me to different parts of Asia, Africa, Europe, and South America. I stopped the trip in 2020 during the pandemic era. Although we've commenced the program in 2022, I no longer volunteer for the trip for it makes one spend a lot aside the benefitual rituals we encounter with other members of the international brotherhood and luxury cares, the trips were stressful.
Thanks for the explanation and context.
Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by richie240: 3:47pm On Jul 20
Nobody is even asking anybody not to join in the protests DESTRUCTION , what we are saying it: "do it in your own region".

Don't enter night bus from ur region that's in a worse state to destroy another region all in d me of 'protests'. Should charity/chiamaka not begin from home??
cool

spiSeyi:
Preview of August 1 grin if you love your life don't join any protest. Don't allow yourself to become a scrificial goat, those who died during ENDSARS died 4 nothing no one remembers them or even check up on the family they left behind. sad

2 Likes

Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by chopnaira: 3:47pm On Jul 20
PortHarcourtcit:
I'm from ikwerre and I don't take sides but we already know the plan of the GBAJUE'S, they want to start with the guice peace protest then before you know it BOOM, They'll be calling for revolution... And I say no to that evil plans of the GBAJUE'S... Unperturbedpota maybe one of the organizers of the protest... I have the eagles eyes on them...
Exactly.
Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by RealLordZeus(m): 3:47pm On Jul 20
blowjohn:

Yes it not.

But he was trying to explain the reason why Bangladesh is taking a hard stance with the shoot on sight and that's because, frm his inference, the Muslim citizens there can be very difficult to contain

Oct 7 2020, the FG allegedly asked for protesters to be shot at Lekki Tollgate , we all heaped curses on Buhari for being a failed leader and dictator, it was not because the protesters are Muslim and difficult to contain

In Kenya, the President call protests "Treason" and live bullets were used by policemen to kill ppl.. the protesters are not Muslims and difficult to contain

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/06/25/africa/kenya-protests-tax-rises-intl/index.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by chopnaira: 3:48pm On Jul 20
Jovi10:

I'm not a coward like you.
Okay. Alagbara malero, just make sure that your protest is done in your Abia since Otti is still paying 18k as minimum wage and even owing months of salary.

1 Like

Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by Eriokanmi: 3:51pm On Jul 20
spiSeyi:
Preview of August 1 grin if you love your life don't join any protest. Don't allow yourself to become a scrificial goat, those who died during ENDSARS died 4 nothing no one remembers them or even check up on the family they left behind. sad
agbadorians and fulani youths no go eva listen. Go on twitter and see chest beating, saying it has to hold
Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by richie240: 3:52pm On Jul 20
RealLordZeus:

You are a religion extremist too...
Kenyans protest over increased tax, the government responded with some measures before it later submit, there wasn't a religious undertone.

Bangladesh are protesting over lopsided civil servants appointment, their government responded with brutality, and you came into a conclusion that Muslims are bad

If there's a shooting in the west especially US, and the shooter is a Christian, it will be attributed to mental issues

If there is a stabbing in France, and the culprit is a Muslim, it will be a case of Islamic terrorism.

I said this before, Thomas Matthew Cook, a Jew and the shooter of Fmr President Trump, had it been, the name is Muslim related, it will be a case of Islamic Terrorism

Ppl always say but why is there a problem in the middle east, why are those Muslims dominant countries prone to violent etc..

Middle Easterns have been living in peace before the invasion of westerners...

The West will invade a country living in relative peace in the name of liberation and start justifying the invasion after..

Iraq, Afghanistan were invaded on the pretext that they have nuclear weapons, till date, it has not been proven.
Libya is one of the best country in Africa till Obama invaded under the guise of liberation, Now Libya is the source of nearly all the Islamic terrorist bedevilling the Western Sahara

When discussing on public forum, let's be critical and sensible and always maintain decorum.

There is a reason we are gifted that grey matter in between our skulls

Shalom
PS: I am no supporter of terrorism in whatever guise but the western propaganda and misconception is irritating

You are barking at the wrong tree.
The average obidient isn't capable of logical reasoning.
If u like write epistle, tmr they will still make d same conclusion!
#confirmation_bias!
cool

3 Likes

Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by chopnaira: 3:52pm On Jul 20
richie240:
Nobody is even asking anybody not to join in the protests DESTRUCTION , what we are saying it: "do it in your own region".

Don't enter night bus from ur region that's in a worse state to destroy another region all in d me of 'protests'. Should charity/chiamaka not begin from home??
cool

But
- Alaba international untouched
- Computer village untouched
- Festac untouched
- Ladipo untouched
- Luxury buses stations all over Lagos from jibowu to mile 2. Untouched
E.t.c.

1 Like

Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by beyondPen(m): 3:56pm On Jul 20
Augustine2244:
Alas! This is one of the Muslim countries that practice Honour Killings "
Alongside Iran, Pakistan and Somalia.
No wonder Donald Trump imposed his controversial Muslim ban on them.
Anyways,they can annihilate themselves for all I care.
One of the world's greatest problems is Religious Extremism.

Why will you bring Religion into this if you are not a religious extremist as well?

2 Likes

Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by Ironbull: 3:56pm On Jul 20
Tempulated:

Give me your location, Onikuuree.

Pls speak English this is English platform.and stop being stupid.

Na laziness dey kill you go and find work to do.

You first send your location infact I don't need your location , I repeat if dem born your fada well enter the street to destroy peoples properties I promise you they will bury you.

Lazy idiot.
Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by richie240: 3:57pm On Jul 20
chopnaira:

But
- Alaba international untouched
- Computer village untouched
- Festac untouched
- Ladipo untouched
- Luxury buses stations all over Lagos from jibowu to mile 2. Untouched
E.t.c.
Exactly!
Naive nigerians (sw especially) still think the event of Jan 15 1966 was by chance.
Endsars 2020 and other events afterwards should put a nail to this.
Their actions are premeditated with precise precision.
cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhj-wyqfS1I

Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by Afamsi: 4:00pm On Jul 20
celestineteryim:
Bitter grieving Pandora obituary and LP supporters should assemble their protest in Anambra or abia state,they should keep off in Lagos
goat igbos have said over and over that they wont participate in the protest yet your useless agbado filled brain can not cant assimilate
Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by Litmus: 4:01pm On Jul 20
nairalanda1:

SO, we should all keep quiet and look as NIgeria continues to have bad leaders, because your side is in power?

Better stop supporting sides. The leaders of the side you support and the leaders of the side they support are laughing at both of you.

As long as a nation practices multi party politics, there will always be "bad leaders". If or when Obi leads Nigeria, the opposition will ensure millions of Nigerians see him as a Bad Leader, regardless of what he does for Nigeria. Millions of America see Biden as a bad leader.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by 89green: 4:01pm On Jul 20
Augustine2244:
Alas! This is one of the Muslim countries that practice Honour Killings "
Alongside Iran, Pakistan and Somalia.
No wonder Donald Trump imposed his controversial Muslim ban on them.
Anyways,they can annihilate themselves for all I care.
One of the world's greatest problems is Religious Extremism.

This is why it's hard for people like you to contribute positively to yourself and those around you because you always view things from the sentimental unrealistic side. Make sure you always take your meds.

2 Likes

Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by Jeyun: 4:01pm On Jul 20
oneMalik:
Shoot on sight will soon happen here .

i think una no deh hear word ?

we deh wait for una protest .

make una come tell me how govt go plant cassava for una to eat garri .

you are a fool

The protest go shock una, the few political elite benefiting from the failed system are not more than the million hungry Nigerians. Them no dey threaten a dead man with death

The people are already dead with hunger.
Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by NewHe: 4:05pm On Jul 20
That's a clear warning to defiant Obidients hell bent at destroying our economy!
Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by richie240: 4:05pm On Jul 20
At least ThatFairguy1 left his state 'osun' for lagos (both sw states) and is not wishing the destruction of lagos that is putting food on his tables unlike chinasa and co.
cool
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You leave your state Osun dey claim Lagos.Maybe you are even one of my tenants in Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by Tempulated: 4:07pm On Jul 20
Ironbull:

Pls speak English this is English platform.and stop being stupid.

Na laziness dey kill you go and find work to do.

You first send your location infact I don't need your location , I repeat if dem born your fada well enter the street to destroy peoples properties I promise you they will bury you.

Lazy idiot.

Wereee e pain am to the bone 😂

Empty threat as always. You will first bury your entire family first before you think of even challenging me by the time i am done with you. Eleriberuku.
Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by Ironbull: 4:10pm On Jul 20
Tempulated:

Wereee e pain am to the bone 😂

Empty threat as always. You will first bury your entire family first before you think of even challenging me by the time i am done with you. Eleriberuku.

Just enter street first and touch people's properties if dem born you well that is all I asked for.

Are you scare? If No, then hit the street and let's see how far u will go.

Lazy idiot!!!
Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by bobby007(m): 4:11pm On Jul 20
Obidense will get same treatment
Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by osuofia2(m): 4:13pm On Jul 20
RealLordZeus:

You are a religion extremist too...
Kenyans protest over increased tax, the government responded with some measures before it later submit, there wasn't a religious undertone.

Bangladesh are protesting over lopsided civil servants appointment, their government responded with brutality, and you came into a conclusion that Muslims are bad

If there's a shooting in the west especially US, and the shooter is a Christian, it will be attributed to mental issues

If there is a stabbing in France, and the culprit is a Muslim, it will be a case of Islamic terrorism.

I said this before, Thomas Matthew Cook, a Jew and the shooter of Fmr President Trump, had it been, the name is Muslim related, it will be a case of Islamic Terrorism

Ppl always say but why is there a problem in the middle east, why are those Muslims dominant countries prone to violent etc..

Middle Easterns have been living in peace before the invasion of westerners...

The West will invade a country living in relative peace in the name of liberation and start justifying the invasion after..

Iraq, Afghanistan were invaded on the pretext that they have nuclear weapons, till date, it has not been proven.
Libya is one of the best country in Africa till Obama invaded under the guise of liberation, Now Libya is the source of nearly all the Islamic terrorist bedevilling the Western Sahara

When discussing on public forum, let's be critical and sensible and always maintain decorum.

There is a reason we are gifted that grey matter in between our skulls

Shalom
PS: I am no supporter of terrorism in whatever guise but the western propaganda and misconception is irritating

Islamic terrorist. Why always
Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by Tempulated: 4:14pm On Jul 20
Ironbull:

Just enter street first and touch people's properties if dem born you well that is all I asked for.

Are you scare? If No, then hit the street and let's see how far u will go.

Lazy idiot!!!

Okay don't worry i know how and where to get you. You think i'm one of the regular people you can threaten on cyber space. You will learn great lesson in life.
Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by onuman: 4:17pm On Jul 20
God1000:
Why the shoot-on-sight order by the government, that's unacceptable

Meanwhile, Nigerian students and the youths in general enjoy suffering and smiling, nobody wants to die, so how can Nigeria be good

Suffering and smiling in Nigeria because Nigeria is made up of multi ethnic and multi religious groups with diverse value systems, every protest against government quickly takes ethnic and religious colours and dissipates.
Europeans were smarter after the fall of Berlin Wall when they tactically allowed nearly all the multi ethnic and multi religious countries in Europe to separate into more manageable countries, after all, such countries never thrive.

In Nigeria, cheap cash from crude oyel in the Niger delta region has kept the politicians together in one dysfunctional Nigeria. The masses suffer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:19pm On Jul 20
richie240:
At least ThatFairguy1 left his state 'osun' for lagos (both sw states) and is not wishing the destruction of lagos that is putting food on his tables unlike chinasa and co.
cool
But northerners are the one calling for protest,why no face then and stop blaming innocent people.Are you guys afraid of Northernerz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by spiSeyi: 4:19pm On Jul 20
Choiceone1:
. After after putting the rope ur neck give u bone to eat what's ur purpose in life. Read about Akoni yoruba they don't settle for less instead they prefer to leave the world
What are you still waiting 4 undecided anyways nah your life and August 1 isn't far from now
Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by richie240: 4:21pm On Jul 20
It's even too late for the sermon nwokem.
If una want violent plotest, we nigerians go support una with petrol and b*mb so long as na una region d violence take place, not that u go leave ur region enter night bus to another region to destroy it.
Dassol!
cool
jaxxy:

A country being good isn't achieved only buy violent protest.

Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by richie240: 4:23pm On Jul 20
And when have u ever seen northerners leave their region, enter night bus to another region to protest DESTROY it like the likes of chinasa and his blodas do?
Ehn??
cool
HIGHESTPOPORI:
But northerners are the one calling for protest,why no face then and stop blaming innocent people.Are you guys afraid of Northernerz

1 Like

Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by onuman: 4:25pm On Jul 20
richie240:
cool

FYI, the Alayes of Lagos do the destruction in Lagos during protests against government policies.

Igbos don't destroy what they built.

Akinola Aguda recommended that capital of Nigeria be relocated to Abuja. Yorubas trooped to settle in Abuja in search of cheap cash from crude oil diverted to Abuja; whereas Igbos remained behind in Lagos and contributed immensely in building Lagos.
Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by Xox1945(m): 4:25pm On Jul 20
APC zombies with backward thinking
This is Nigeria
Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by Mikelarteta(m): 4:27pm On Jul 20
Guller:
there is someone around Total Filling station Ojota

Can you pls send his contact?
Re: Bangladesh Imposes Curfew With A ‘shoot-on-sight-order’ Following Deadly Protest by richie240: 4:30pm On Jul 20
Ehn-ehn nwokem, you were saying ...... ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhj-wyqfS1I
cool

onuman:

FYI, the Alayes of Lagos do the destruction in Lagos during protests against government policies.

Igbos don't destroy what they built.

Akinola Aguda recommended that capital of Nigeria be relocated to Abuja. Yorubas trooped to settle in Abuja in search of cheap cash from crude oil diverted to Abuja; whereas Igbos remained behind in Lagos and contributed immensely in building Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Israeli Tanks And Troops Enter Rafah As Ceasefire Talks Collapse / Russian Forces Claim Control Of Ukrainian City Of Kherson. Surround Others. / Brazil Congress Under Siege, Ex-president Bolsonaro Supporters Overrun Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.