Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,200 members, 7,897,096 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 08:33 AM

LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour (19774 Views)

Lagos Govt To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour / Nnamdi Kanu To FG: "I Will Start Charging You For Free Education On Facebook" / Commercial Buses & Cars Parked At Ekiti Government House On The Order Of Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by Paramount01(m): 9:36am On Jul 21
Hezzyluv:

They will certainly be in cluded. But if you try this in the north, Nigeria go catch fire grin

That is why Lagos state seems to be the only state working in Nigeria
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by Paramount01(m): 9:40am On Jul 21
Remman:
A discouragement for people who wants to buy cars. Policy not bad but not appropriate as there could be car breakdown or some emergency could lead to roadside parking of cars. Even the islamic world don't have this level of strict policy on vehicles. But I want to believe that there's a reason why this is coming now. But there should be exceptions to cars in some situations otherwise taskforce personel would take advantage of the situation negatively.

Secondly, it will be a bad move if targeted against churches only simply because rich pastors Lagos don't pay tax and it's annoying the government. A battle against God whether Jew, Islam, Christian or traditional gods always have spiritual repercussions, one has to be very careful dealing with worshippers of unseen (spirit) beings.

Very good policy,I am a Christian,a born again for that matter,I support the policy very well,just imagine ,a father has a car and likewise the wife ,instead of them to enter a single car to cheuxh to reduced hold up in Lagos but no! They want to show off.
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by complet: 9:43am On Jul 21
Why not mention mosques and other religion body, until you politicians set this country on fire, mosques can put speakers outside their mosques and every morning disturb the environment, no memo or means to regulate but you guys can regulate churches, God will send his fire on all of you
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by Tallesty1(m): 9:46am On Jul 21
Hezzyluv:

They will certainly be in cluded. But if you try this in the north, Nigeria go catch fire grin
People don't take cars to most mosques in the north. They trek to the place, the rich and the poor alike.
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by Zakarara(m): 9:53am On Jul 21
Hope this replicates itself for the Jumaat prayers as well.
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by ultim: 9:58am On Jul 21
iwaeda:
Sanwo-Olu and cars parked on a street in Lagos

https://gazettengr.com/lagos-govt-to-start-charging-cars-parked-outside-church-premises-per-hour/

On the road built by LASG or the one built by church?

1 Like

Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by Elsueno: 9:59am On Jul 21
Malroux:
How about taxing musque too?

True, let all be fair.... But them no go make much money from mosque sef, thier prayer no dey tey like churches... Tops, 30 minutes & them don finish everything
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by Panda7(m): 10:02am On Jul 21
In other electrode, the news would be 'cars parked outside churches fully charged free by public electrogens.
Leaders need to hear more often from jehovah witness faithfuls. I understand they have more references to human existence and insights.
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by BABANGBALI: 10:05am On Jul 21
Very good

You are AA and O+ and you are begging for love?
E be like you no know your worth🤣😂😂.
Na them suppose dey rush you fa my darling,🏃🏃🏃
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by Abee79(m): 10:10am On Jul 21
Beverlyjean:
And mosques ??
Nah! Lagos people don't go to mosques with cars. Only mats 😁✌️
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by Tijani009: 10:16am On Jul 21
On Fridays north me go spreed mat for federal road day pray no body go question them
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by geewean(m): 10:23am On Jul 21
I love this.People will know that election has it's consequences.

I hope redeemed Christian church of God outside redemption camp all over Lagos will be heavily charged.
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by Tayorshd87: 10:29am On Jul 21
princepeter566:
Mosque fa
What about those that always block federal road on Fridays to pray??

God bless u óò they haven't say anything Abt that yet nonsense
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by adefitim(m): 10:30am On Jul 21
Mosque will surely be included or are you expecting LSG to include Mosque in a letter addressed to Christian Religion Body?

1 Like

Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by drlateef: 10:35am On Jul 21
NwaNimo1:
Mosques exempt?

They don’t pay tithes in mosque. And government needs to collect their own share of tithes.
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by ucbenjamin696(m): 10:39am On Jul 21
For street wey dem no fit takia of,anyway naw Muslim own worst pass,esp dat alaba rago road on Fridays, dem go juz block everywhere..., make government self do something
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by Damseldammie(f): 11:00am On Jul 21
Hope this will affect those fellas observing jumat prayer on the roads too, especially central mosque @ sabo, Ibadan & mosalashi jimoh @ idumota Lagos & so on
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by aigbokiejohnson(m): 11:07am On Jul 21
It has been clarified by LASG. Headline was sensational
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by aigbokiejohnson(m): 11:08am On Jul 21
*Press Statement*

The Lagos State Parking Authority (LASPA) has noted with concern a recent Social Media post regarding parking charges for churches and worshippers in Lagos State. The post incorrectly stated that “ Lagos State parking Authority (LASPA) on Saturday announced it will from October 2024 charge churches and worshippers in Lagos state, who parked vehicles on designated streets around places of worship.”

To clarify the matter, LASPA wishes to emphasize that this information is inaccurate and does not reflect the true intent of our communication. The Lagos State government is not imposing parking fees on churches or worshippers for parking on streets around religious institutions. Rather, LASPA is implementing the Lagos State Parking Policy to mitigate parking induced traffic congestion across the state.

Like many other major cities worldwide facing similar challenges, Lagos is experiencing a high demand for parking spaces that exceeds available supply. Therefore, we are adopting a regulated on-street parking model to better manage parking resources efficiently.

Earlier this year, the Governor approved the introduction of regulated on-street parking, which was announced during a stakeholder’s forum held on February 14, 2024, at the Lagos Marriott Hotel, Ikeja.
As part of our efforts to inform stakeholders, including religious organizations who were adequately  represented at the forum, about the upcoming implementation in October, LASPA communicated with umbrella bodies representing these groups. One of such correspondences was referenced in a news release making the rounds.

It is important to clarify that no specific religious group is being singled out by this policy. Our aim is to ensure all stakeholders are informed and prepared for the implementation of the regulated on-street parking scheme.

Additionally, Lagos State Government has designated and lane-marked suitable roads for onstreet parking across major zones such as Ikeja, Surulere, Victoria Island, Ikoyi, and Lekki, creating approximately 1800 additional parking slots.
The communication sent to religious institutions serves to notify them of their respective roles and the financial aspects of utilizing these designated parking lots. The management of these facilities will be overseen by concessionaires under the regulation of the Lagos State Parking Authority.

LASPA remains committed to improving traffic flow and parking management in Lagos State through transparent and equitable measures that benefit all residents and visitors alike. For further inquiries, please contact LASPA on call 02-01-2275230 or 02-01-2275231. You can also Visit our office at 36b Sasegbon Street, Ikeja GRA, Lagos, or visit our website at www.laspa.lg.gov.ng,

*E-signed;*

Mrs. Adebisi Adelabu,
General Manager,
Lagos State Parking Authority.
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by DOM7: 11:10am On Jul 21
why not make motor parks for them and collect parking fee.
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by Sleekfingers: 11:12am On Jul 21
Lanretoye:
So the communique did not include mosques and other religions

They are included
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by InvertedHammer: 11:17am On Jul 21
/
If they are willing to be extorted by pastors, I don't see why the State government cannot partake in the extortion scheme.

/
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by HopeGying: 11:25am On Jul 21
You this sc@mmer, you dey tire? Ole

Surechi:
Please dear Daddy and Mommy, forgive me for bringing this here. am doing this because av run out of options and I don't have any other choice. My name is kęlly, I gave birth to my boy Ayomide 2 years ago and since then it has been a rollercoaster of one event to another. My fiance abandoned us and I move in back with my parents taking care of my son all alone without any assistance even though he was always falling very sick all the time. I notice that he always feels discomfort when his trying to breath so I looked for money to take my son to the hospital. He was diagnosed with congenital heart defect, a hole in his heart, as the cause of his breathing problems. I've cried my eyes out but if only crying can solve problem. I can't stand to see my child in pain.

I've gone almost everywhere I can possibly go but no hope except for hospital. Doctors say that he will need to undergo surgery at UCH for N4.5million and my family with the help of some very kind hearted people have been able to raise part of N3 million. We have sold off almost everything valuable to us but it's not yet enough, that why I am appealing to well meaning Nigerians, if you're touched to save my son's life, please find it in your kind heart to extend a hand of help to him. Nothing is too small in the sight of God. Am calling kind hearted people, please help save my boys life. Please am also calling upon any NGO that can accept my sons condition please. May God almighty bless you immensely and wipe away sorrow from your eye. Amen.

Video Prove;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phyi7nT0m7E?si=xNJ-mX-BHrDNYA8P

Access Bank
Kęlly
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by OriOko88(m): 11:26am On Jul 21
Lovenorth:

But not to the extent of president and his vice
Vice is just decorative post. A Senate president has more influence that a VP. We've had a president and Senate president of Christian faith
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by FireUpNow(m): 11:36am On Jul 21
They should also tax, mosques, event centers, hotels and joints and when politicians are doing campaign etc
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by HeroicMeastro: 11:54am On Jul 21
princepeter566:
Mosque fa
What about those that always block federal road on Fridays to pray??
Parked for how many hrs?
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by ufotunang: 11:57am On Jul 21
Nukilia:

The government is highly deceptive. They copy tax ideas from other countries but never copy the development of roads and infrastructure which will make life better for the citizens
..yes you are saying the truth...we have deceptive politicians and government
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by Lovenorth: 12:01pm On Jul 21
OriOko88:

Vice is just decorative post. A Senate president has more influence that a VP. We've had a president and Senate president of Christian faith
Either you like it or not, the vice president is higher than the Senate president in Nigeria. Number two is ahead of tree in leadership
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by FatherLord: 12:05pm On Jul 21
But agbero can collect money from the car parks and bus- stops you used tax payers money to build right ?
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by jaxxy(m): 12:28pm On Jul 21
Even for church services? This apc government has lost it.
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by Chibuezem(m): 1:16pm On Jul 21
Goodvibes007:
If true, then that's good. The streets are public property. When you inconvenience other road users, then be ready to pay some money for alternate roads to be built.

If the church doesn't want to pay tax, then they can construct a big car park for their worshipers and members.

Hopefully, it includes all religions.
let them revoke the statement and make it generally for all religious meetings.
Re: LASG To Start Charging Cars Parked Outside Church Premises Per Hour by themanderon: 1:27pm On Jul 21
Awon ole paraku. The only thing they do in that their coven of devils is to devise means of fleecing an already beleaguered people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

False Assets Declaration: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With Just 4 Senators / Federal Roads: FG Begs States To Take Over / El-Rufai: Emefiele's Grasp Of Basic Economics Is Abysmal

Viewing this topic: VnAhunnaPl, nwakibie3(m), Gyarah, Envick, nwirinedu(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.