Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,821 members, 7,902,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:23 PM

Real Estate Chief Accuses EFCC Of Denying Husband Staff Unjustly Over Civil Case - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Real Estate Chief Accuses EFCC Of Denying Husband Staff Unjustly Over Civil Case (187 Views)

Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation / Man Punches His Girlfriend To Death In Oyo For Denying Him Sex (Photos) / Husband Kills Wife In Jigawa For Denying Him Sex Days After Their Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Real Estate Chief Accuses EFCC Of Denying Husband Staff Unjustly Over Civil Case by chiboyz1: 9:55pm On Jul 20
Abuja Real Estate CEO Accuse EFCC Of Detaining Her Husband,Staff Unjustly Over A Civil Matter In Court As Anti-Graft Agency Deny Allegation,Police Speaks

Hajiya Bilikisu Ishaqu, Proprietress of Homadil Reality,a real estate firm in Abuja has alleged that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in the Federal Capital Territory(FCT),Nigeria is detaining her husband,Mr Isaac Ishaku Yusuf and some staff of the organization unjustly over a landed property case which is in court awaiting judgement.

Mrs Ishaqu made the allegation in an audio speech which was made available to Journalists on Saturday,20th July,2024.

She said "I received numerous messages while I was abroad from family and friends about a libelous story published across various media platforms.

"The responses suggest that the story was sponsored and clearly intend to tarnish my good image,that of my company homadil reality.

"I bought the land and have all the necessary documents,i will forward to you for further investigation.

"As a business woman with integrity,I have never defrauded anyone in Nigeria or abroad.

"I am a law abiding citizen.I have never heard of the Yesefu family,I have never had an encounter with them.The family never contacted me or surfaced.The first time i heard of them was on 10th July through the media publication.

"The only person who contacted me was Michael Bara from development control saying his Boss Aisha from FCDA want to know who i bought the land from. I told them and presented all the necessary documents for verification.

"It is important to let you know that no court order was violated by me or the Police in this matter.I was the one who took the matter to court and we are still waiting for the judgement yet the story has been distorted to suit their purposes"

Mrs Ishaku further alleged that the faceless contenders of the landed property she bought at 4022A09 Guzape Abuja are using the media and EFCC to harass,intimidate and expose her financial status to the public .

She disclosed that the faceless contenders even went ahead and created a fake instagram account in her company name.

"I dont know what they are upto. They have shown disregard to justice and judicial process.of our beloved country Nigeria.

"On 12 July about 10am EFCC officials arrived at our residence without prior notice,and forcefully arrested my husband and thirty five others without presenting a warrant or providing an explanation.

"They use forces and pointed gun at them,why did EFCC arrest my husband and workers immediately after the libellous publication against me.This sudden interference left our house wide open posing significant risk to us and our property .

"The conduct of EFCC officials is alarming and distressing .The manner in which the operation was conducted has caused destruction to our family, leaving us feeling vulnerable and violated

"Till date no formal charges has been brought against my husband or any of the workers arrested.Despite meeting all the high bail condition set by the EFCC,they refused to release my husband and some workers.

"I am now seeking a proper and lawful means to request investigation into this matter" she said.

In the meantime, the spokesperson of EFCC,Dele in a telephone chat with one of the Journalists who contacted him stated that EFCC do not go for arrest without warrant and do not keep suspect beyond the provisions of the constitution.

Adewale also explained that EFCC cannot sponsor anybody to publish account detail of suspects and the agency operates within the confines of rule of law.

Meanwhile the Nigeria Police has released a statement on the allegation against the Police on the matter.

Attached is the press statement by the Police

PRESS RELEASE
IGP HAS NO BUSINESS WITH CIVIL MATTERS,
AS POLICE WARNS MISCHIEF MAKERS DRAGGING IGP'S NAME INTO LAND MATTER.

The Nigeria Police Force has noted with amusement the recent allegations made against the Inspector General of Police, IGP Kayode Egbetokun, in connection with a land dispute involving one Ms. Bilikisu Ishaqu Aliyu and the Yesufu family. We find it necessary to address these unfounded claims and provide clarity on the matter, more so that the claims painted the police as an irresponsible, meddlesome, and lawless agency.

It will be recalled that the AIT in their publication of 10th July, 2024, titled 'Yesufu Family Seeks Justice As Police Authorities Fail to Investigate Bilikisu Ishaqu', distorted the facts in the case in question and thus misled the public.

First and foremost, it is important to emphasize that the IGP shouldn't be dragged into civil matters such as this land dispute. The NPF’s role is primarily to maintain law and order and ensure public safety. The police only intervene in disputes when there are clear criminal elements involved.

Similarly, the assertion that the police are at odds with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is unfounded, laughable, and without merit. The NPF maintains a cooperative and professional relationship with the EFCC, and there are no conflicts between the two agencies on this extant case or any other matter whatsoever. Any suggestion to the contrary is a blatant attempt to mislead the public and create unnecessary tension between both agencies.

It is also vital to make it clear that if the parties involved in the dispute in question feel aggrieved and require the intervention of the IGP, there are proper channels to follow. Instead of resorting to media blackmail and attempting to malign the IGP’s reputation or ridiculing the Police institution, the concerned parties should make an official contact through the appropriate channels. The NPF is always open to addressing legitimate concerns and providing assistance where necessary, provided the correct procedures are followed.

The Nigeria Police therefore urges the public to disregard these unfounded claims in the media and continue to seek intervention from the police on issues capable of triggering crisis and violence, as the Force is committed to promoting peace, unity and progress in our dear country.

ACP OLUMUYIWA ADEJOBI, mnipr, mipra, fCAI,
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPARTMENT,
FORCE HEADQUARTERS,
ABUJA

20TH JULY, 2024

Re: Real Estate Chief Accuses EFCC Of Denying Husband Staff Unjustly Over Civil Case by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:52pm On Jul 20
when in Rome at the zoo...
Re: Real Estate Chief Accuses EFCC Of Denying Husband Staff Unjustly Over Civil Case by MaziObinnaokija: 12:15am On Jul 21
sad

(1) (Reply)

. / . / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.