Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,633 members, 7,951,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:57 PM

I Confronted My Pastor Today . See What He Said Next [CONVERSATION] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Confronted My Pastor Today . See What He Said Next [CONVERSATION] (467 Views)

Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. / 12 Types Of Pastor Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Confronted My Pastor Today . See What He Said Next [CONVERSATION] by ErnestNc: 1:02pm On Jul 21
So today, after service I was so hungry and hanging around the church premises scouting for what to buy so I can quench my hunger and thirst under the burning sun. From afar I heard someone shouting , coming towards my direction... " My father my father the horses and chariot of Israel!!"

I looked , lo, it was my Prayer band coordinator . This man has come again with his endless sermons. With a very large sheepish smile , he held my hands and the long sermon and conversation began...( I'll summarize)

The conversations began thus

PASTOR : Why haven't you been coming to prayer band? you have backslided

ME : you know, when a man begins to grow , he starts to find his identity and purpose in life...

ME : Also I don't flow with the practices of the modern day "Christianity ". Today, every biblical terminology has been redefined i.e Faith is no more belief in God , his Christ and his kingdom to come but in self affirmation, faith in one's self for miracles( no apostle taught this) .

Jesus taught that when we give, the other hand should not know . When we pray , we shouldn't be like the hypocrites that stand to pray in public so they can be seen , or blab with many speakings thinking we would be heard. Not so today. You must pray for 1-2hrs because if you don't your prayer won't be effective.

and pastors and members take scriptures out of context and personalize them especially the ones that talks about prosperity and good stuffs ) meanwhile the apostles of the bible sought and revealed Christ in every scripture they quoted .

80% of things we preach in church like Prosperity doctrine, seed sowing, altar vs altar ... etc were never taught by the apostles neither were they approved as christian doctrine by them. Who made them the basis for Christian worship today?.

PASTOR : I have been a Christian for over 30years. you are gradually heading towards apostacy and that can lead to death. You are a small boy and don't really know much about the ministry .
Don't isolate yourself just like what mama preached today.

ME: but sir I know what apostacy is and that's not where i'm heading. I'm simply advocating for simple biblical Christianity to be practiced the way the apostles taught in the bible and CHRIST IS ENOUGH ! but we have deviated into other things .

PASTOR : Dont argue with me. You still need training. You don't have the experience to make such observation or to correct people who have been there before you.

you have to subject yourself under supervision because the devil wants to destroy you. I have so many boys I have trained that are now big men of God. You can't speak ill of a system that has stood for many years.

ME : But sir, my message is simple . why don't we focus on just Christ alone ?

PASTOR : You are talking about focusing on Christ as if , if you're called upon to speak, you'd be prepared. ( goes on to preach to me about how I'm lost and approaching death... for another 30minutes )

At some point I had to keep mute and to listen because I knew I wasn't going to be heard . Infact all my objections and observations were hastened.

It was as if I was saying nonsense as he interjected me at every point , and hindered me from saying anything further.

I've discovered and also come into conclusion that you cannot truly disillusion anyone who has been of a certain ideology or practice for decades.

I'm far from perfect, but the Christianity we practice today in the world at large is an adulterated one. we don't have true christians today. Probably 0.5- 2% of the total christian population in the world truly believes the words of the apostles and focus on Yahushua alone.

I'm imperfect and my heart cry is for perfection and the least I want to be , is to be part of a system that has lost its bearing from God, and is deep in the practice of idolatory, covetousness and blasphemy brought by false doctrines of devils .

.Finally, many will say unto him on that day " Lord Lord , did we not prophesy in your name, heal the sick and cast out devils in your name and He will say to them depart from me ye workers of iniquity "

These were probably the greatest men of God in their time with more than 30-50yrs in ministry. We all probably worshipped in their fellowship and worshipped them , but yet, still , The Lord never knew them .

What could have been their Crime? For the Lord to say he never knew them? It means they were presumptuous all their life and were never truly serving The Lord Jesus . It has started already, it's in their Doctrine. Watch out so you'll not be denied too on the last day.

Don't presume you're serving the true Jesus . Open your bible and read. know God for yourself!

Many unsuspecting and gullible christians today have been induced Into this strange worship tagged as modern Christianity . There is danger and they are oblivious of it. BEWARNED. FLEE !!

Re: I Confronted My Pastor Today . See What He Said Next [CONVERSATION] by StillDtruth: 1:12pm On Jul 21
ErnestNc:

Don't presume you're serving the true Jesus . Open your bible and read. know God for yourself!

Your guy knows they aint serving God, so dont sweat it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Confronted My Pastor Today . See What He Said Next [CONVERSATION] by Xscape047: 1:30pm On Jul 21
Lots of unanswered questions
Re: I Confronted My Pastor Today . See What He Said Next [CONVERSATION] by Sonnobax15(m): 1:53pm On Jul 21
lipsrsealed
Re: I Confronted My Pastor Today . See What He Said Next [CONVERSATION] by soundofcalm: 2:06pm On Jul 21
When you know the truth, don't argue much with people.
Learn to turn a blind eye at their imperfections. If they insist on arguing, attack them on their conscience, not with the scripture. Anyone can quote a biblical passage to support their position.
But their a certain universal truth that no one can deny.
I created a thread for atheists and invited them to argue with me on the universal truth about the meaning/sense in life and it's source. Go see how they're blabbing.

If your argument is with a believer like your pastor, ask him simple questions.
1. Am I already saved by Jesus? Yes or No.
2. Was I saved by my merit? Yes or No?
3. Do I need to go to Church everyday, pay tithe, pray 5 hours a day, fast, to be saved? Yes or No.
4. If NO, why border me with his religiosity?
5. If YES, doesn't that mean I'm saved by my own effort and not by Jesus?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Confronted My Pastor Today . See What He Said Next [CONVERSATION] by Sucre6: 2:39pm On Jul 21
What I have done and will continue to do
1. Go to church
2. Study the Bible and follow it's teachings
3. Pay no attention when the man of God deviates from preaching the word of GOD TO blabbing.
4. Never worship a pastor, God forbid, anytime a church makes an announcement of donation and emphasizes how higher your donation, higher your blessing, I walk out of that church and go home.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

By His Doing / New Pope Elected / Five Things To Know About The New Pope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.