Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,126 members, 7,943,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 01:47 AM

Laptop Gurus Pls Check This Out - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop Gurus Pls Check This Out (180 Views)

Laptop Gurus Please Recommend A Laptop For Me / I Need The Help Of Laptop Gurus!!!!! / Laptop Gurus Come And Help Me Make A Choice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Gurus Pls Check This Out by biggal: 7:19pm On Jul 21
Sorted
Re: Laptop Gurus Pls Check This Out by udemzyudex(m): 7:21pm On Jul 21
You requested for 256gb SSD and he sent the one with 500hdd.

Lol.. Just tell him to give you the one with SSD, it is better.
Re: Laptop Gurus Pls Check This Out by biggal: 7:23pm On Jul 21
Ok thanks alot I appreciate

udemzyudex:
You requested for 256gb SSD and he sent the one with 500hdd.

Lol.. Just tell him to give you the one with SSD, it is better.
Re: Laptop Gurus Pls Check This Out by udemzyudex(m): 7:24pm On Jul 21
biggal:
Nairalanders pls help me explain this. I bought a laptop from someone I know who sells laptop. I gave him my specs as

Dell latitude 7450
PROCESSOR: INTEL CORE i5
5th generation
RAM: 8GB
STORAGE: ssd 256
Screen size 14".

See what he gave me below. And then when I checked the laptop storage. The second pix is what I saw.

The price is 250k.
I want to be sure before I raise issue with him.
Pls is this what I actually sawm as what I wanted?

I wouldn't even advice you to get this particular model of Dell, whether the 14 or 15 inch.

It always develop display issues, even if you change the RAM or program the bios chip.
Re: Laptop Gurus Pls Check This Out by biggal: 7:34pm On Jul 21
Which is better for data analysis pls??

Also he's insisting that it's SSD. Pls how do I check if it's SSD or not. I just tire

udemzyudex:

I wouldn't even advice you to get this particular model of Dell, whether the 14 or 15 inch.

It always develop display issues, even if you change the RAM or program the bios chip.
Re: Laptop Gurus Pls Check This Out by obiekunie01: 8:15pm On Jul 21
biggal:

Also he's insisting that it's SSD. Pls how do I check if it's SSD or not. I just tire

type disk on the search box on taskbar and press enter
you will see defrag and optimize as one of the options - click to open the app

you will see list of drives.

your c-drive will show SOLID STATE DRIVE.

SSD IS EXPENSIVE THATS WHY THEY ALWAYS STEAL IT. 256gb is about 50k or thereabout.

IF IT DOENT, THEN ITS NOT SSD.

256gb ssd is about 40k while 500gb hdd is not up to 10k. reason am.
Re: Laptop Gurus Pls Check This Out by udemzyudex(m): 8:59pm On Jul 21
biggal:

Lol.. Check bios setup, system information, scroll down you'll see the hard drive information.

If it is SSD then he should have written 512GB instead of 500GB but in other to be sure just check the system information.

Any laptop with that suspect will do your data analysis job.
At least 5th gen
8gb/256gb SSD for speed.

Just like cars, some issues are peculiar to a particular model that's and this model always have that issue.

(1) (Reply)

Clean Laptop For Sale / Grade One USA HP Laptop / Direct Phone Plug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.