Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,821 members, 7,902,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:22 PM

My Advice To Mr Dangote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Advice To Mr Dangote (578 Views)

My Advice to APC, Tinubu,South West And Osibanjo For 2023 Presidency / Ndigbo Please Listen To My Advice / 5,000 Unpaid N-Power Beneficiaries From Kano State Write To Mr. President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Advice To Mr Dangote by DeLaRue: 4:48pm On Jul 22
I have always been an advocate for free enterprise as I believe this is the best way to improve living standards and prosperity in society.

As a result, I have always had time for hardworking, successful, business people like Mr Dangote.

However, recent developments concerning Dangote Refinery and its much publicised challenges have given me cause to write here to sound a note of caution to Mr Dangote.

Mr Dangote, you are becoming political. This is not going to end well.

1. When concern surfaced a few months ago about the currency for selling crude oil to local refineries, the President intervened and mandated that NNPC may sell crude to refiners in naira. YOU ARE THE BIGGEST BENEFICIARY OF THAT POLICY.

2. The President followed up (I'm not sure which came first) with a series of Executive Orders to ease some of the systemic arrangements that have strangulated crude exploration activities for decades. YOU ARE/WILL BE A BIG BENEFICIARY OF THE EXECUTIVE ORDERS.

3. However, some weeks back, you appeared on TV to castigate the CBN for devaluing the naira - a key government policy enacted more than 8 months earlier. Elumelu, Femi Otedola, Adenuga and others like them do not come out publicly to attack key government policies. If they didn't like a policy, they kept their discontent from the public space. But you, in an unprecedented act of public intervention in politics, directly attacked the CBN and therefore the government. But during 8 years of Mr Buhari's dual foreign exchange rate policy that ruined the economy and contributed to the reason for the current government devaluing the naira, you did not say anything. MR DANGOTE, WHY DID WE NOT HEAR PIM FROM YOU UNDER PRESIDENT BUHARI? Is it true, as we read in the media that you were a big beneficiary of that anti-people policy of the Buhari administration. You and others that I mentioned above all have access to the corridors of power and can raise concerns directly with the CBN Governor, and I suspect, in your case, even the President. Afterall, we see you guys taking pictures with him on your various visits to Aso Rock. Instead of discussing your concerns directly with the President, you chose instead to intervene publicly. ŴHAT IS YOUR MOTIVE MR DANGOTE. TO INSTIGATE PUBLIC OPINION AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT?

4. Shortly afterwards, you came on TV again to castigate the CBN for raising interest rates. You said it would harm businesses. You said no one is going to borrow at over 30% interest rate to set up businesses or expand existing ones. I was surprised by a couple of things. 1) that you didn't know that in a high inflation environment, a Central bank has to increase interest rate in order to control inflation. I learnt this in high school economics, and that principle continues to be taught today in Havard, Cambridge, in Nigerian and other universities across the globe. No alternative method has been found to be as effective in controlling inflation. Surely, as a no doubt, clever and successful businessman, you too must know this. SO WHAT WAS YOUR MOTIVE FOR COMING TO TV (again!) TO ATTACK MR TINUBU'S GOVERNMENT. The American central Bank raised interest rates to very high levels between 2022 and 23 due to very high inflation, we did not see BILL GATES or other American billionaires coming on American TV to attack the US Central Bank. Why? Because they know raising interest rates was the right thing to do.

5. ANOTHER COUPLE OF WEEKS LATER, you were on stage at an international symposium abroad and announced to the world that a cabal in Nigeria, which you said was worse than the international drug mafia was putting obstacles in the way of Dangote Refinery. So, Mr Dangote, you travelled all the way abroad to announce to the world that the image of your country as a crime-ridden, ungovernable, and chaotic entity is true. Are there more economic cabals or mafia in Nigeria than India, Pakistan, USA, Brazil? Have you ever seen the richest man in India, who recently hosted a much-talked about wedding for his son travel abroad to lampoon and cast his country India in such bad light as you did to Nigeria? MR DANGOTE, I ASK AGAIN, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?

2 Likes

Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by PresidObi: 4:48pm On Jul 22
Wait, because I don't understand you.

Are you advising someone who is seeing his whole life works being destroyed by stupid policies to just keep quiet and enter prison when the loan sharks come for his neck? Are you that wicked?

The man is drowning and he has to at least shout so that people will save him if possible.

Bad government na your mate? grin

9 Likes

Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by DeLaRue: 4:50pm On Jul 22
6. NOT LONG AFTERWARDS, you threw a tantrum over the government's policy of allowing importation of diesel. You came on TV (again!) to accuse the government of not supporting local industries. My first reaction when I heard your criticism was, yes, the government should support Dangote and stop importation of diesel. But the more I thought about it the more I became convinced stopping diesel importation would be a bad idea. Competition is in the public interest. If imports are stopped, and some unfortunate incident happens at Dangote refinery that stops production for a few weeks or months, what do we do. Even if you disagree with further imports Mr Dangote, would it not be better for you to discuss your concerns with the federal government and quietly accept their decision, however frustrating it is. Afterall, they are the government - they have the final say on policies. You chose instead to announce to the public that the government was not supporting local industries by not giving you the exclusive right to supply diesel in the country. For many years, the ERISCO tomatoes paste gentleman called for previous governments to ban importation of packaged tomatoes from China. Did those government's agree? Did the government ban import of vehicles to favour INNOSON? Are both companies not surviving? Before rice imports was stopped, was there not a big price difference between local and imported rice. The moment government stopped imports, did farmers and distributors not increase price of local rice significantly? Mr Dangote, the government probably assessed that if they ban diesel imports, you will increase your price and the country will be at your mercy. MR DANGOTE, WHY SHOULD YOU BE TREATED DIFFERENTLY FROM ERISCO AND IVM. WHY ARE YOU POLITICISING A SIMPLE GOVERNMENT POLICY BY GOING ON A CAMPAIGN ON TV TO PAINT THE GOVERNMENT AS BAD AT A TIME OF HIGH TENSION IN THE COUNTRY.

7 A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO, you were on TV again with another tantrum. This time you stepped dangerously close to showing your political motive. You said '...I know the public are on our side'. On your side in what exactly, Mr Dangote? So you are daring the government to a contest in the court of public opinion? This is what politicians do. Not business people. At least not the richest man in a country. Mr Dangote, as I said earlier, I have personally not seen any reason to believe the government is mounting a concerted efforts to stand in the way of Dangote Refinery. For what gain. Like I listed above, the President even took steps to remove some of the perennial obstacles in the industry, and you are/will be a big beneficiary of those steps. Your grouse appears to be that the exclusive right to supply diesel must be given to you. If the government has said no, accept and move on. I have no doubt that you can still compete in the market and succeed.

Trying to unfairly drag the government into public disaffection because you can't get everything you want is unfair and smacks of a misplaced sense of entitlement.

Nigerian politicians, of whatever party, do not like to be challenged as you now appear to be doing. I advise you to go back to focusing on your business. Please draw on the experience of Mr Adenuga, the Glo gentleman in the hands of President Obasanjo. Infact, if Nigeria's palaver is too much (most people in business in Nigeria know what you're going through), please leave them and sell your goods abroad.

Mr Dangote. I like you as a business man. Get back to doing what you know best. Leave politics for politicians.

All said, I believe the government official/appointee that alleged that Dangote 's diesel is of poor quality needs to be sacked. Whether or not his statement is true.

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by bigpicture001: 5:05pm On Jul 22
Unbias!!!!!!!

But a Lil tilted towards blame shifting.

However what u failed to say is that this competition u crave can b ensued with the 4govt refinery. Nd never importation...fix ur own refinery or sell to other business person to compete with him nd not to continue import....

if u continue import massively naira will nerv ever gain...hope ur elementary economic alao told u that...if u devaluate ur currency it makes export import quite very expensive....meaning givt is hiding something in its claim of subsidy

Someone wants to help u end it, u refused citing import competition and inferior products...it is now very evidence u are a paid writer that hates Nigeria and only concerned about his paymaster...

Try and get a good job..allow ur kids to hv future, Nigerians are slaving away in Europe for peanuts...allow Nigeria to b a better country

2 Likes

Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by Revealpanda: 5:22pm On Jul 22
A peasant giving advice 😂

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:41pm On Jul 22
- so anybody who question or disagree with gov policies is automatically a politician?!
- in which world do you live in where the richest business man cannot/shouldnt voice his concern when gov policies directly affect his business?

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by EcoNews: 5:54pm On Jul 22
Don't mind him he does not know your father is an aristocrat in upper iweka.
The funny thing is this clown calling someone a peasant is most likely an Osu who is not free to open his mouth where free born talk.
Revealpanda:

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by flokii: 6:16pm On Jul 22
The guy is not enjoying the Monopoly he enjoyed in other sectors.. look at the spaghetti the man claims to be producing, not up to golden penny in quality and most people don't like it.

He has built refinery, he expects Nigeria to close her borders to all importation of petroleum products when infact his refinery located in the Lekki Free Zone is not under Nigerian Customs Territory, meaning they don't pay tax or any levy to Nigerian Government.

In the workings of a Free Zone, the refined petroleum products such as diesel from Dangote refinery should carry import duty and levy cos they are technically being "imported' from a Free Zone.
The Governmemt of Nigeria can ban sale and distribution of products from Dangote refinery from going into circulation in Nigeria to give room for Government owned refineries to function and supply the needs of Nigerians.

These Northerners think they are too smart and can beat the system, the question is for how long?..

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by Parable007: 6:23pm On Jul 22
Please keep your stup#id and bias advise to yourself.
I really wonder how APC supporters think. Someone built a $10billion refinery, and all of a sudden policies that are not favourable are enacted to crumble him, he even had to import crude into a crude producing country to refine.
Habaaaa let's have empathy please. Even though I know he's Monopolistic but it's better the money goes to a Nigerian than we buying from the west.
Before you advise have some business please

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by Revealpanda: 6:09am On Jul 23
EcoNews:
Don't mind him he does not know your father is an aristocrat in upper iweka.
The funny thing is this clown calling someone a peasant is most likely an Osu who is not free to open his mouth where free born talk.
Stop drinking your girlfriends urine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by Bigkoko: 6:28am On Jul 23
Only in Nigeria, people reason through their anus! Recently Elon Musk slugged it with the Swedish Govt, Labor Union and sympathetic Denmark and Norway joined until it was amicably resolved in respect to Tesla model electric cars!

Only in Nigeria will the Govt purposely destroy a fledgling business because they have a crony they want to go into that type of business too!

The way these online miscreants think baffles me! A man struggled whether by crook or hook, to build a $10B refinery and one old, deranged cocaine addict largely thought to be a rich man, a druggie without visible means of legit hustle other than he was a tin god in Lagos, has the temerity to create needless hurdle for his business.... mehnnnn

Hahaha 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣..... The audacity you know! It's so easy and he doesn't find a way to become the wealthiest person in his street!

Whatever made the wealthiest black man on earth to complain, especially one who doesn't complain before, must be choking! And I trust the North are taking notes!

Revealpanda:
Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by helinues: 6:29am On Jul 23
Toh

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by ScratchDtoto: 6:30am On Jul 23
helinues:
Toh

What dictionary can I find Toh ? Hurry up ok

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by BeardedMeat(m): 6:48am On Jul 23
Let the confusion and fighting continue. We will surely love to know what has been hidden under the rocks for ages and the romance between dangote and successive governments.
Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by Bigkoko: 7:06am On Jul 23
I tell you...the Op no understand what is at stake for Africa's richest man!

His hard work ruined by the Duo of BAT (Buhari and Tinubu)....

PresidObi:

Are you advising someone who is seeing his whole life works being destroyed by stupid policies to just keep quiet and enter prison when the loan sharks come for his neck? Are you that wicked?

The man is drowning and he has to at least shout so that people will save him if possible.

Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by shogotermies(m): 8:27am On Jul 23
This whole problem started after the NNPC shares in Dangote refinery was lowered due to NNPC not fulfilling their promise on time. If Dangote settles the scores with NNPC, the problems will fly away
Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by CyrusVI(m): 8:55am On Jul 23
Revealpanda:

No intelligent contributions in any way

U must be Igbo
Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by Iykopee(m): 9:29am On Jul 23
The idiot is talking about competition with imported products.... grin grin As in, a govt is competing with local investors with finished product from abroad?

You see, when you are hell bent on supporting criminality, all decorum is lost. You will be energised to write lengthy trash to support the very reason why Nigeria can never make progress for years to come.

No, Dangote shouldn't talk about bad govt policies because he wants to be in the good books of Thièfnubu, right? Only thieves can say so..

Let me not go down your levels trying to address the numerous bunkum and disjointed tirades you came up with.

The structure of criminality in NNPC and Thièfnubu, the patron of criminality is what Dangote is fighting to dismantle.
Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by Kukutenla: 10:42am On Jul 23
Another zombie writeup on Dangote head grin grin
Na wa o
This one is even stopping short of labeling Dangote an Obidient
Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by Britishpea: 11:29am On Jul 23
PresidObi:

WISDOM and common sense are very expensive and cant be bought... most times, education wont even offer it to you

2 Likes

Re: My Advice To Mr Dangote by Revealpanda: 7:25am On Jul 24
CyrusVI:

No intelligent contributions in any way

U must be Igbo
You must be Yoruba 🤡
Always ready to bring tribe into a conversation

(1) (Reply)

Gtbank Is Preferred Pick In Banking Sector / What Do You Think Of This Story? Is It Political Enough? / Where Is Nigerian President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.