Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:45 PM

August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents (16937 Views)

10 States With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters As Of August 1, 2022 / HURIWA: Hardship, Fuel Scarcity: You’ll Go To Hell If You Don’t Protest / June 12: Don’t Protest – Abiodun Begs Ogun Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:35pm On Jul 22
The FCT Commissioner of Police, Bennett Igweh, has called on residents and indigenes not to partake in the nationwide protest.

Some groups and citizens had scheduled a nationwide protest for August 1 in response to the economic hardship in the country.

However, the FCT CP, while speaking with journalists in Abuja on Monday, urged residents to shun the protest.
He stated that the police have made significant efforts to ensure security in the FCT, adding that the protest could jeopardise it.

Igweh said, “I want to appeal specifically to the residents and indigenes and everybody in the FCT. Please, lions do not destroy their dens. You cannot see a lion who destroys its den. No, I would not like you to join this protest. I plead with you because we have worked hard to ensure your safety.

We have fought those people outside Abuja. We have been to Kaduna, Nasarawa, and Niger to fight criminals so that you can be safe. I have lost men. Last week alone in Gidango, I lost two policemen. The other day, I lost two more. Let our loss pay for the protest. I want to plead with you.

We don’t need you to be in the streets before somebody will say they are trying the police’s might. Or you will say, you will do this, you will do that. Please, please, don’t destroy where you are living.”

Igweh added that the government was doing its best by providing good roads.

“If you check, the government has provided good roads. Whether it’s from the minister of FCT or the president, check the streets in FCT, from Wuse to anywhere you can check, even in the hinterlands.

“They are trying their best. I don’t need to talk to anybody, but I’m saying it because we have been in the FCT. We know when there are changes. There are changes now in the FCT.

“And we don’t want miscreants outside the FCT to come and start destroying them. We will go back to square one where we were before. I plead, I beg of you, do not join this protest,” he added.

He urged the FCT residents to ensure the nation’s capital remains safe by shunning the protest.

“Let us continue collectively to make the FCT safe. Let them go and do what they want to do. But not with us.

“Act maturely. Act maturely. Act like people who appreciate. Even the losses we have suffered to ensure your safety. Use it to appreciate us. If you do this, we will be happy. We will continue to provide security for you. God bless all of you,” he said.

https://punchng.com/dont-protest-in-fct-cp-urges-residents/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by MasterJayJay: 5:39pm On Jul 22
Dumb folks!!

Tinubu, Buhari and co protested during Jonathan tenure.

220 Likes 22 Shares

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by Zxcvbnmghtr: 5:40pm On Jul 22
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by tony0806: 5:41pm On Jul 22
Hmm
Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by Olachase(m): 5:42pm On Jul 22
This country is not funny again

Baba god take Peter Obi and give us Mr Ibu

Na me first start this vawulance business hoo grin grin

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by yarimo(m): 5:44pm On Jul 22
Criminals looking for a way to steal in the name of protest undecided undecided criminal Obidients won't like this advice

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by helinues: 5:58pm On Jul 22
He who has ears.....

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by CyrusVI: 6:16pm On Jul 22
Ben Igweh, the CP
Day don dey break. No one needs a nuisance in their environment

4 Likes

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by Oxb90: 6:28pm On Jul 22
Wonders shall never end.
Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by Kingray10: 7:20pm On Jul 22
The Govt is afraid of protest like maddd, I bet it's after they saw what happened in Kenya. grin grin grin

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by Meti99(m): 7:20pm On Jul 22
Nigerians:. There is HUNGER in the Land😥 😥

Bola Ahmed Tinubu: Where is the Hunger?
Let us see the hunger physically.

Nigerians: Ebi Npawa oooo

Bola Ahmed Tinubu: Those that are shouting Hunger must have done something to hunger , if not hunger will not hunger them..

Nigerians: We don die

13 Likes

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by davosea(m): 7:20pm On Jul 22
G
Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by babaRUNtinz(m): 7:20pm On Jul 22
Why are you begging?

2 Likes

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by Nahunger(m): 7:21pm On Jul 22
He spoke modestly, no threats, I commend him for that..

Me I'm sha watching from the sidelines, I no get voters card, I don't belong to any political party and I don't care who rules Nigeria.

Anything wey anybody like make them do, my own na to see food chop and see place sleep.

Good luck to FG
Good luck to government
Good luck to intending protesters
Good luck to police, army etc
Good luck to NASS
Good luck to everybody

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by dododawa1: 7:21pm On Jul 22
CP

Dey play

1 Like

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by Smartcitizen: 7:21pm On Jul 22
Hmmmm!

AS OWNER OF FCT ABI?

MR BENEDICT , THAT PLACE IS A NORTHERN NIGERIA LAND O!

I DON'T KNOW WHY MOST IGBOS IN GOVERNMENT ARE SENSELESS.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by neonly: 7:21pm On Jul 22
But why are dis guys afraid of mere protest or der more to it than just protest

9 Likes

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by LegendHero(m): 7:22pm On Jul 22
I disagree

Citizens have the right to protest in FCT because that is the seat of power.

Opposition parties are cowards in Nigeria and Atiku and Obi would rather push docile kids on the internet instead of being on the frontline.

What we Yoruba just don’t want is any stranger protesting in our land. Carry your prowess to Abuja, Abia or Kano. It’s none of our business.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by Eriokanmi: 7:23pm On Jul 22
Stop saying nonsense. Tell Nigerians who want to protest that you'd offer full protection and advise them not to be violent, simple . Police in Nigeria are the least paid civil servants but the most used. That should bother you more oga

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by Rubyjade: 7:23pm On Jul 22
We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Role: Social Media Officer

Employment Type: Full Time

➡️ Job Description:

• Develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy that aligns with the company's overall marketing and branding goals

• Create engaging, informative, and visually appealing content for platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram

• Manage and monitor the company's social media accounts, ensuring timely responses to comments and messages

• Collaborate with the marketing and content teams to ensure consistency in brand messaging across all channels

• Analyze social media metrics and provide weekly reports on the performance of campaigns and content

• Stay up-to-date with the latest social media trends, best practices, and technologies

• Identify and build relationships with relevant influencers and industry professionals

• Assist in the planning and execution of social media campaigns for product launches, events, and promotions
Provide recommendations for improving social media performance and engagement

➡️ Requirements and Qualifications

• Strong video editing Skills

• Minimum of 1 year experience in Social Media Management, preferably in the IT industry

• Proficient in using social media management tools

• Strong understanding of social media algorithms, best practices, and trends

• Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to adapt content to different platforms and audiences

• Proven track record of creating engaging and shareable content

• Familiarity with social media analytics and the ability to interpret data to optimize performance

• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams

• Experience with social media advertising and paid campaigns

• Knowledge of SEO and SEM is important

• Familiarity with graphic design tools for creating visuals and infographics

• Understanding of email marketing and its integration with social media

• Ability to create and edit video content for social platforms

Salary: Negotiable
Benefits: Lunch, HMO & Data allowance
+234 816 475 0540

1 Like

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by Savedday2: 7:24pm On Jul 22
9ja go hear arhm!

No nonsense!
Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by Nonybb: 7:24pm On Jul 22
NIGERIA IS A CRIME SCENE

5 Likes

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by nwakibie3(m): 7:24pm On Jul 22
wink

6 Likes

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by LOVEGINO(m): 7:24pm On Jul 22

2 Likes

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by Samogloby: 7:25pm On Jul 22
Honestly, police don't have the power to ask anyone not to protest. Please be guided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by Smartcitizen: 7:25pm On Jul 22
helinues:
He who has ears.....

I already predicted that this coming days is a time to prove your mantle as a true

CONFIRMED APC ONLINE PAID AGENT.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by begge: 7:25pm On Jul 22
Akali officer where were you when agbado was protesting against goodluck?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: August 1: Don’t Protest In FCT, CP Urges Residents by Michael547(m): 7:25pm On Jul 22
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NJC Sacks Gbaja-Biamila And Idris Evuti / Onnoghen: ‘CCT Boss, Umar, Has No Pending Criminal Charge’ ~FG / Hisbah: The Poor Man’s Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.