Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,827 members, 7,902,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:39 PM

Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers (9612 Views)

Is Nigeria’s Fuel Price Cheapest In The World Like Eniola Badmus Said? / Fuel Price Soars By 81% Despite N6tn Subsidy Payment – NBS / I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by ogododo: 7:51am On Jul 23
The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria, IPMAN, has said Nigeria’s fuel subsidy expenditure might cross N700 billion monthly.

The Secretary of IPMAN, Abuja-Suleja, Mohammed Shuaibu disclosed in a statement on Monday.

He was reacting to data released last Wednesday by the Major Energies Marketers Association of Nigeria, noting that the landing cost of petrol as of the preceding day was N1,117/liter.

Speaking to the MEMAN’s data, Shuaibu contended that the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited and the Nigerian government may not be telling the truth about the country’s fuel subsidy expenditure.

He warned Nigerians to be prepared for fuel pump price hikes.

“Petrol price is determined by the forces of demand and supply in the international market. When there is a global price increase, we should experience it in Nigeria.

“Therefore the N1,117/litre is not just based on our foreign exchange rate, but also the global PMS cost. The sole importer of this product is NNPC and the company is not telling us the truth.

But data sourced by our counterparts, the major marketers, showed clearly that the landing cost of petrol is above N1,100/liter. This means that the monthly subsidy has crossed N700bn.

“That also means we should be prepared so that any time the price of petrol jumps, we should not be surprised because they have already told us,” Shuaibu stated.

However, the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources (Oil), Heineken Lokpobiri on several occasions had insisted that fuel subsidies remain removed in Nigeria.

Further analysis showed that although petrol goes for between N617 per liter and N750 per liter depending on the location, dealers said the ex-depot price of the commodity by NNPC is N585/liter.

This brings the difference between the landing cost of N1,117 and an ex-depot price of N585 to N532.

According to the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources, petroleum consumption figures of 44.3 million liters in October 2023, multiplied by the estimated N532 subsidy paid on each liter of petrol, give N23.57 billion as the daily subsidy spending.

The figure of the estimated fuel subsidy thereby amounts to over N700 billion in 30 days.

This comes amid the impasse between Dangote Refinery and the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority over substandard petroleum products.

Meanwhile, the Lokpobiri on Monday, presided over a meeting with the heads of the Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission and Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited.

Recall that the former governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, had claimed that the President Bola Tinubu-led Federal government is paying more on fuel subsidies than before.

Similarly, the President of the Trade Union Congress, Festus Osifo had also hinted at the government is applying a quasi-fuel subsidy on petrol.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/07/23/nigerias-fuel-subsidy-payment-exceeds-n700bn-monthly-marketers/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by chiiraq802(m): 7:52am On Jul 23
I thought A Town Hall Different From Bala Blu, Blu, Bulaba openly stopped subsidy
Anybody that tells you Nigeria will be great, cari hand slap that person.

And even in church and mosque, when ur pastors and imam tells you to pray Nigeria, lay curse on that ur pastor and imam cuz dey're deceiving and misleading you.

Una goodmorning.

91 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by Racoon(m): 7:52am On Jul 23
shocked Just imagine the damage this overhead cost will do to the already destroyed and bleeding Nigerian economy especially with most of the fraudulent loans the NNPC and FG have obtained to financie this subsidy corruption.

Now, Buhari and Tinubu have wrecked this nation beyond measures with lies and propaganda on this subsidy issue. Then now damaging economic realities are staring it in the eyes. This country needs to be resetted.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by designking: 7:53am On Jul 23
NNPC and the Cabal wants it to continue. They will do everything to kill local refineries to ensure this subsidy money keeps coming.

Tinubu is not a reformer. Without reforming the NNPC, every other reforms will fail. How can you stop petrol subsidy and FX subsidy without probing and reforming NNPC?

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by magoo10(m): 7:55am On Jul 23
But tinubu's government tells us they are no longer paying subsidy.how dubious and irresponsible can a people be

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by Racoon(m): 7:57am On Jul 23
magoo10:
But tinubu's government tells us they are no longer paying subsidy.how dubious and irresponsible can a people be
Lies and propaganda from a government ran by 2 kleptomaniacs.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by magoo10(m): 8:00am On Jul 23
Racoon:
Lied and propaganda from a government ran by 2 kleptomaniacs.
It will definitely lead them no where.Certain

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by DMerciful(m): 8:25am On Jul 23
All Tinubu's reforms have been reversed so if you're waiting for the reforms to yield fruits, you'll wait in vain grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by Xox1945(m): 8:47am On Jul 23
Thieves

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by Nbote(m): 8:48am On Jul 23
Hahahahahahah

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by Artscollection: 8:57am On Jul 23
The guy at the helm of affair don't give a damn about you or where you are from so brazen up all you folks.
This is a guy that denied his existence and root, attended a school that was not established at the time and some people voted and defended him. IQ from those region that voted him should be examined

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by iwaeda: 9:04am On Jul 23
ogododo:
The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria, IPMAN, has said Nigeria’s fuel subsidy expenditure might cross N700 billion monthly.

The Secretary of IPMAN, Abuja-Suleja, Mohammed Shuaibu disclosed in a statement on Monday.

He was reacting to data released last Wednesday by the Major Energies Marketers Association of Nigeria, noting that the landing cost of petrol as of the preceding day was N1,117/liter.

Speaking to the MEMAN’s data, Shuaibu contended that the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited and the Nigerian government may not be telling the truth about the country’s fuel subsidy expenditure.

He warned Nigerians to be prepared for fuel pump price hikes.

“Petrol price is determined by the forces of demand and supply in the international market. When there is a global price increase, we should experience it in Nigeria.

“Therefore the N1,117/litre is not just based on our foreign exchange rate, but also the global PMS cost. The sole importer of this product is NNPC and the company is not telling us the truth.

“But data sourced by our counterparts, the major marketers, showed clearly that the landing cost of petrol is above N1,100/liter. This means that the monthly subsidy has crossed N700bn.

“That also means we should be prepared so that any time the price of petrol jumps, we should not be surprised because they have already told us,” Shuaibu stated.

However, the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources (Oil), Heineken Lokpobiri on several occasions had insisted that fuel subsidies remain removed in Nigeria.

Further analysis showed that although petrol goes for between N617 per liter and N750 per liter depending on the location, dealers said the ex-depot price of the commodity by NNPC is N585/liter.

This brings the difference between the landing cost of N1,117 and an ex-depot price of N585 to N532.

According to the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources, petroleum consumption figures of 44.3 million liters in October 2023, multiplied by the estimated N532 subsidy paid on each liter of petrol, give N23.57 billion as the daily subsidy spending.

The figure of the estimated fuel subsidy thereby amounts to over N700 billion in 30 days.

This comes amid the impasse between Dangote Refinery and the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority over substandard petroleum products.

Meanwhile, the Lokpobiri on Monday, presided over a meeting with the heads of the Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission and Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited.

Recall that the former governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, had claimed that the President Bola Tinubu-led Federal government is paying more on fuel subsidies than before.

Similarly, the President of the Trade Union Congress, Festus Osifo had also hinted at the government is applying a quasi-fuel subsidy on petrol.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/07/23/nigerias-fuel-subsidy-payment-exceeds-n700bn-monthly-marketers/

Subsidy is Gone! Yet the landing cost of PMS According to official NBS is N1117, but we are still buying less than N1000, who is defraying the balance. Some as lickers will still tell us we can't comprehend what is written, Nlfpmod. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry grin grin grin angry angry grin grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by mrvitalis(m): 9:08am On Jul 23
The fact that Tinubu paid over 5 trillion naira in subsidy without budget provisions and without telling Nigerians is treason

This is an impeachable offense

If labour Party are serious their members should raise an impeach against Tinubu...would it fly absolutely no...but let it be on record you did the right thing

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by Melagros(m): 9:20am On Jul 23
COMRADES, Tinubu is a crook
Tinubu is fraudster
Tinubu is a joy killer and
Tinubu is a unity destroyer

I will rather believe the devil than to believe Tinubu and APC

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by ogododo: 10:24am On Jul 23
iwaeda:

Subsidy is Gone! Yet the landing cost of PMS According to official NBS is N1117, but we are still buying less than N1000, who is defraying the balance. Some as lickers will still tell us we can't comprehend what is written, Nlfpmod. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry grin grin grin angry angry grin grin
Nawa oo my bros.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by ogododo: 12:02pm On Jul 23
Dis kountry self taya person.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by ogododo: 1:26pm On Jul 23
Nlfpmod.
Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by vowiski(m): 1:44pm On Jul 23
Imagine what 700 billion monthly can do to our infrastructure, if subsidy was really gone

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by Nahunger(m): 3:15pm On Jul 23
grin

I kept telling people subsidy is back but they kept arguing.

Well, Nigerians don't like the truth..
So the country will keep running in circles

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by Angelfrost(m): 3:15pm On Jul 23
Lol... Tinubu and his people actually believe Nigerians are imbeciles.

Meanwhile, I just learnt that a cup of beans is now #450.

Many of you will truly eat grass under this administration.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by olax02(m): 3:15pm On Jul 23
ogododo:

Good day everyone. I am seriously in need of a job. I lost my job three months ago and since then this Earth has been like hell for me. If anyone can link me up with any Administrative job I would appreciate it. I had an HND in Public Administration. I reside in Lagos. ( 081 2622 4876) Thank you.
Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by Klington: 3:15pm On Jul 23

But BATeria told his brainless zombie followers that "subsidy is gone" even before taking over fully.

Today their clueless disaster is spending more on subsidy than the previous govts.

You can't give what you don't have.
Man is the real packaged FRAUD.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by olatade(m): 3:15pm On Jul 23
"subsidy is gone"
Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by MasterJayJay: 3:15pm On Jul 23
NNPC cabals are cashing out.
Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by goodyvin02(m): 3:15pm On Jul 23
Please anyone that can accommodate someone for three months in Lagos, I don't mind paying for the time I'm to be there, I'm planning on relocating to Lagos and I need where to crash for at most three months while I find my footings...
Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by Anguldi(m): 3:16pm On Jul 23
Agbado founder of Lagos undecided
Amala Emilokan politics, ronu gang tongue

That mannequin is irredeemable
E go reach everybody ai

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by Kaiseer(m): 3:16pm On Jul 23
Isokay, let the government just try to bring tmit the normal price they met it before Jonathan tenure ended
Meanwhile at a cheap price dm me for your logo and flyer design

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by EyeCumInPiece: 3:16pm On Jul 23
Walahi Thïefnubu is a demonic plague upon this Corn3.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by malali: 3:16pm On Jul 23
GOVERNMENT IS FACING LOUDER CRITICS.

WHERE WERE THESE CRITICS WHEN BUHARI WAS THERE.

ITS HIGH TIME THE GOVERNMENT EXPOSES A LOT MORE PEOPLE.

GET A MINISTER OF INFORMATION , A PROFESSIONAL PERSON TO ENGAGE MISCREANTS AND OPPOSITION, YOUR LUKEWARM ATTITUDE WILL COST YOU. PEOPLE ARE JUST TALKING WITHOUT JURISDICTION ON THE ISSUE AT HAND.

THE GOVERNMENT IS PLAYING TOO MUCH DEFENSIVE WITH THE INFORMATION, SOMETIMES YOU NEED TO STRIKE FIRST AND STRIKE HARD.

BECAUSE CRIMINALS ARE COMING ONLINE TO PREACH RIGHTEOUSNESS
Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by Angelfrost(m): 3:17pm On Jul 23
goodyvin02:
Please anyone that can accommodate someone for three months in Lagos, I don't mind paying for the time I'm to be there, I'm planning on relocating to Lagos and I need where to crash for at most three months while I find my footings...

E don reach like this?!!

You wake up and decide to submit your life to ritualists and organ harvesters!

It is well with you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Fuel Subsidy Payment Exceeds N700bn Monthly – Marketers by Funkyswagzz(m): 3:17pm On Jul 23
Agbado miscreants sheh the marketers are lying.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chisos!!!! Everybody See Pictures Of GEJ Counting Billions Of Dollars! / False Asset Declaration: Saraki’s Trial At CCT Adjourned Indefinitely / Nigerian Airforce Foils Suicide Bombing Attempt At UNIMAID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.