Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,402 members, 7,968,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 05:31 PM

Cement: How Dangote Offended Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cement: How Dangote Offended Tinubu (4771 Views)

How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies / Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel / How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cement: How Dangote Offended Tinubu by Baronthecelebri: 7:37pm On Jul 23
Very bad from dangote
Re: Cement: How Dangote Offended Tinubu by walefresh3(m): 10:33pm On Jul 23
mrvitalis:

There is no artificial increase in dangote cement in fact dangote cement has never been this cheap ever in the history of Nigeria never

Cement is 5 dollars per 50kg in nigeria right now show me one just one west African country with cheaper cement I dare you

When you miss manage your economy and your currency loose value you expect things to remain same in your local currency?

Even in China with their advantage of scale the price is 4800 naira if you convert it

The problem with most Africans is they never tackle problems they only tackle systems
hypocrite, so you didn't blame Tinubu for hike in cement again ? I thought Tinubu cause everything
Re: Cement: How Dangote Offended Tinubu by Toluwanise247(m): 11:46pm On Jul 23
Ttalk:
This sounds truth but there are few questions to ask.

Where is the prove that Dangote asked FG to stop importation of refined oil?

Why is it taken so long for FG to fix it's refinery to serve as a buffer and check on monopoly they perceive Dangote is about to create with his refinery.

Oga do you have sense…. Obasanjo 8years he sell refinery, goodluck 6 years he did not do anything about it , Buhari start the project after 7 years 6month, Tinubu just spent 1year what do you expect him to do
Re: Cement: How Dangote Offended Tinubu by mrvitalis(m): 4:27am On Jul 24
walefresh3:
hypocrite, so you didn't blame Tinubu for hike in cement again ? I thought Tinubu cause everything
There is no hike in cement
... Just a reflection of Tinubu poor handling of naira
Re: Cement: How Dangote Offended Tinubu by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:00am On Jul 24
Biodun556:
Let me add that it is only Tinubu since 1999 that does not asked for financial help of any billionaire to be president
Are you saying he already made his Billions from Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Cement: How Dangote Offended Tinubu by SocialJustice: 7:46am On Jul 24
mycar:

This makes little sense. i think Dangote should find a way to bring his own price down and the marketers will have no other option than to patronize him. Air peace did that too
Read to understand before you rush to type rubbish. You are the one making no sense.

Dangote should answer for doubling cement price and until he does, let him refine his products and export because Nigerians won't be able to afford it to start with.
Re: Cement: How Dangote Offended Tinubu by DesChyko: 7:51am On Jul 24
mycar:

This makes little sense. i think Dangote should find a way to bring his own price down and the marketers will have no other option than to patronize him. Air peace did that too

The issue was not really about stopping importation. It was about buying crude from Nigeria and paying for it in Naira. I'm not so sure why the government is so much against it. If all of these are allowed to happen without dollar influence, we should be able to produce cheaper petrol at the detriment of the oil cartel.
Re: Cement: How Dangote Offended Tinubu by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:51am On Jul 24
This country no carry us for mind..everyone up there is just selfish!
Re: Cement: How Dangote Offended Tinubu by press9jatv: 7:53am On Jul 24
Biodun556:
Dave Umahi convinced Tinubu that concrete road is better than road constructed with bitumen that it last longer and cheaper. Then, a bag of cement was around 3,500 and 4,500.

Tinubu proposed construction of Lagos Calabar coastal highway and passed it in the budget. As soon as the project is about to start, dangote and other cement manufacturers met and increased the price of cement to 10,000 Naira from 4,500 naira. That is more than 100% price hike within few days .

Tinubu summoned dangote to Aso rock and demanded, why the sudden increase in the Price of cement. Dangote could not give any reason, he blamed the price hike on demand. Tinubu made it known that all the cement raw materials are locally sourced and wonder why they increased the price. Then he advised the price be reviewed.

Till now, no significant decrease in the price of cement and the this affects the price of road projects budgeted by the government.

Now, dangote is calling the Tinubu government to stop importation of refined fuel to assist local refineries and Tinubu turned deaf hears.

My take

Nigeria stop importation of rice to assist local rice producers when bag of rice was 10,000 naira. After importation was stopped Nigerian rice producers increased price from 10,000 naira to 30,000 naira per bag, then 50,000, and now 70,000 naira per bag. If you asked them, they will blame high demand.

Definitely if importation of fuel is stopped, local refiners will hold meetings again and start milking Nigerians with habitrary increase in fuel price.

Should dangote even demand for stoppage of importation of refined oil in the first place? After all he is exporting his refined oil and making money.

hmm 🤔 dangote is part of major problems we are battling in this nation
Re: Cement: How Dangote Offended Tinubu by aderadio1: 8:31am On Jul 24
How much is BUA cement? Is it cheaper than Dangote? Why not use BuA if Dangote is over priced.
Earlier this I year,I was in Nigeria, I saw the contractors on Lekki Epe asix using BUA cement for their work.

I don't believe this write up if BUA and Dangote price are similar.

Moreover can someone confirm the cement being used on the super highway.
Re: Cement: How Dangote Offended Tinubu by Mrexcell(m): 11:34am On Jul 24
malali:
DANGOTE IS DOING THE SAME THING AL CAPONE DID IN USA IN THE 1830's

EXCEPT THIS TIME HE IS MESSING WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, BRAZENLY AND WITHOUT FEAR.

OKAY THEY PASSED THE BUDGET AND HE DOUBLED THE CEMENT PRICE, TECHNICALLY BRINGING THE GOVERNMENT TO ITS KNEES SINCE HE HAS QUASI MONOPOLY OR HE IS THE HEAD OF THE CEMENT CARTEL.

NOW SOME DUMB PEOPLE WANT US TO ENTRUST HIM WITH THE ENERGY (DIESEL/PETROL) OF THE WHOLE COUNTRY.

THE DAY HE WAKES UP AND HE DOESN'T LIKE THE GOVERNMENT, HE WILL SABOTAGE THE WHOLE GOVERNEMENT SINCE HE HAS PETROL/DIESEL MONOPOLY.

HE IS ALREADY THROWING ENTITLED TANTRUMS, SELL AND BUY IN THE OPEN FREE MARKET. ITS NOT A MUST THAT NIGERIA MUST SELL CRUDE TO HIM OR BUY DIESEL/PETROL FROM HIM.

So where is the alternative to dangote refinery in nigeria?
Re: Cement: How Dangote Offended Tinubu by Ttalk: 11:56am On Jul 24
Toluwanise247:

Oga do you have sense…. Obasanjo 8years he sell refinery, goodluck 6 years he did not do anything about it , Buhari start the project after 7 years 6month, Tinubu just spent 1year what do you expect him to do

Na your generation no get sense. How does FG translate to Tinubu? If you don't know government is a continuum then go back to school.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons / Raining Heavily In Lagos Today. Please Post Pictures Of Your Area. / Court Sets Aside Warrant For Saraki’s Arrest !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.