Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,557 members, 7,926,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 06:50 PM

58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG (15388 Views)

WTO: US Leaders Write Biden To Back Okonjo-Iweala / #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala / President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by slivertongue: 2:37pm On Jul 23
she is a good brand
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by casualobserver: 2:38pm On Jul 23
Trump will be in office by then. I doubt he will endorse her especially as he needs an ally in his trade battle with China

2 Likes

Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by Commanderinpips: 2:41pm On Jul 23
SmartPolician:
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is a big name around the world. She should be going for the overall head of World Bank or IMF. Those are the rich organisations.

Nothing dey WTO! I watched her saying that WTO doesn't have money to finance projects across member nations and that got more wondering why Donald Trump frustrated her nomination the first time.

IMF is solely for Europeans which she is not.
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by Focusmind: 2:42pm On Jul 23
They better confirm her before the orange comes into white house.
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by Funkyswagzz(m): 2:42pm On Jul 23
Let's see how agbado miscreants will chase her out. Sheh they've been fuming all day long😂😂 tribal bigots
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by OPICANTO2223: 2:43pm On Jul 23
Wole Soyinka is better than her in global relevance

1 Like

Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by ewedunamala: 2:44pm On Jul 23
Congratulations to her. I hope they won't demonize her cos her tribe. Reno na Onitsha and Aba blood ooo. Attack Reno bwala onaniga
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 2:44pm On Jul 23
The real slay queen.

Oga Jona really did well in assembling eggheads as his cabinet ministers.

1 Like

Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by phorget(m): 2:45pm On Jul 23
Boyooosa:
O ga ju
Abeg do finish, come help us to become Nigerian president

"No igbo man or woman will ever rule Nigeria"... (anthem 2024)
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by MaziObinnaokija: 2:46pm On Jul 23
cool Very Good. She didn’t STEAL/LOOT their money like the famous Diezani(I saw the THIEF in Ore crying over deplorable potholes/craters their that year).None open HERO BEER for people(s)to drink themselves to stupor

Congratulations ma
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by tete7000(m): 2:47pm On Jul 23
The stone which the builder rejected has become the corner, this indeed is the Lord's doing and we are glad in it.

Nigerians will reject their best and opt for Charlatans. Can't forget Adam Oshiomole with his apc cohorts trying everything possible to malign this beautiful woman of excellence.
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by Emmabyte: 2:49pm On Jul 23
This is the kind of product we all should be fighting to have as president

NOT

the useless old coward Tinubu

AND

Only in Igbo land you can find such
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by olax02(m): 2:50pm On Jul 23
SmartPolician:

Source: https://www.channelstv.com/2024/07/23/58-countries-back-okonjo-iweala-for-second-term-as-wto-dg/
Good day everyone. I am seriously in need of a job. I lost my job three months ago and since then this Earth has been like hell for me. If anyone can link me up with any Administrative job I would appreciate it. I had an HND in Public Administration. I reside in Lagos. ( 081 2622 4876) Thank you.
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by RealDaughter(f): 2:50pm On Jul 23
Mrchippychappy:
World stage.

Dem no dey do quota system for there. If you are qualified and have something upstairs then you get the job.

No be matter of na my turn, na my turn

grin

Say that again Bro grin grin grin
My turn my nyash

1 Like

Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by Emmabyte: 2:53pm On Jul 23
Who is the soyoinka that name sounds like a cultist
OPICANTO2223:
Wole Soyinka is better than her in global relevance
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by Hotzone(m): 2:55pm On Jul 23
Nigerians make bigger strides abroad but babe movement in Nigeria
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by thesicilian: 2:56pm On Jul 23
She's a great woman. She deserves it
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by haslaw(m): 3:07pm On Jul 23
This is great..

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala would forever be grateful to Muhammadu Buhari for helping her to achieve that position
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by Gbeng30(m): 3:15pm On Jul 23
What name with a good reputation,not like some criminals we called leaders in this country
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by CorrectionFLuid: 3:17pm On Jul 23
I remember when north and Yoruba opposed her candidature. Bashir Ahmad went as far as writing the WTO. And Yorubas supported it.

Las las she won in spite of them. In fact, their actions made them to have no choice but to reluctantly support her, because buharis previous opposition to a candidate from the east came back to light.

Self sabotaging of Nigeria by Nigerians did not start today. SMH
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by CorrectionFLuid: 3:23pm On Jul 23
PHIPEX:
I hope Nigeria will behave.

If we can stand in the way of Dangote refineries, am managing my expectations

During her candidature, Buhari's men opposed it. Bashir Ahmad went as far as writing the international community. And the Yorubas supported it.

That administration later had no choice but to support her reluctantly.

It was on this nairaland that Yoruba and Igbo threw banters over her candidature.

1 Like

Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by CorrectionFLuid: 3:24pm On Jul 23
900warriorz:
Still them no go see Nigerians as superior angry

Why would you want to be seen as superior?
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by sacajawea: 3:26pm On Jul 23
She is part of them, but Pretends...
Rubbish
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by Afonjah: 3:28pm On Jul 23
Now compare this woman to the riff raff, Wole Soyinka.

1 Like

Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by JobAndVacancies: 3:39pm On Jul 23
frog12:
i say am before, na just paycheck for this woman. she no accomplish anything grin grin grin
honestly I no see her achievements.
Na only Igbos dey hype am

1 Like

Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by Mrexcell(m): 3:58pm On Jul 23
Trump won't support her if he gets reelected.
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by Mrexcell(m): 4:03pm On Jul 23
eldoradoxx:
In Nigeria, Tinubu and his APC mocked and derided this woman's management of the economy first under Obasanjo and later under Jonathan out of either jealousy or hatred, only for APC to get into power and APC's three Finance Ministers from 2015 till date, namely; Kemi Adeosun, Hajia Zainab Ahmed and Wale Edun crashed the economy with incompetence. Its a lesson for Nigerians

Apc nuked nigeria's economy from no. 1 position to no. 4 in africa very useless party.
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by Codes151(m): 4:09pm On Jul 23
GEJ and this woman kept us.

But as usual, we fed and fed and deceived to over do.

The devil came and used them overfed dogs. Today they are wallowing in hunger.

I happy that I never voted Buhari.
Re: 58 Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala For Second Term As WTO DG by dododawa1: 4:17pm On Jul 23
What is benefits of

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

To

NIGERIA economy

If not

Borrowing borrowing borrowing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos PDP Commends Ambode Over Abandoned Projects / DSS: Hijack Of Luxury Buses Along Lokoja-Okene Road Is Fake News / Kano Special Constabularies Are Not Police Officers - Police Service Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.