Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,293 members, 7,934,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 08:25 PM

Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin (34528 Views)

Niger State Residents Protest High Cost Of Food, Living / Breaking News . Anambra Billionaire Juju-priest Likely Dead. / Bukola Saraki Drives Into Offa Town In Kwara State, Residents Cheer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Gistmedia10: 1:29pm On Jul 23
Scores of youths from Ekpan community in the Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State protested at Chevron Nigeria Limited on Monday, alleging that the community was being denied employment opportunities. The protesters chanted and danced around the company’s fence, holding placards with various inscriptions to voice their demands.

The protesters maintained that the community was neither hostile to Chevron nor other firms in Ekpan. They stormed the facility early in the day, threatening to disrupt its operations, leaving workers stranded both inside and outside the company's yard.

Some of the protesters accused Chevron of ignoring the provisions of the Local Content Act, which mandates the employment of a certain percentage of the workforce from host communities.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/07/22/community-storms-chevron-facility-delta-over-lack-local-employment-disrupts-operations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGAzhcL3j4o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Zonefree(m): 1:41pm On Jul 23
In whatever you do in this life, avoid Ekpan Boys.

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Sonnobax15(m): 1:58pm On Jul 23
lipsrsealed
Area don para grin

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Massiveglory: 2:02pm On Jul 23
Naija na cruise.

Tinubu de share 1500 to hire people to fight protest.
Our brothers here hire babalawo to protest.

Meawhile lagos kings and traditional rulers after dem hear the price dangote say e pay for the land .

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by obcpascal: 10:12pm On Jul 23
Delta State Road Traffic Control Agency along Ekpan Link Road(Warri) from Airport Road are worst than Lastma, They keep exploiting motorist, jump into people's vehicles like thieves and money exploited sent to their individual accounts. Please Delta State Government should come to our aids.
Now they want to Upgrade to Mobile Court as a means of exploitation from 23nd of July, 2024. Black Man.
Allow us to Breathe.

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Dangrace01: 10:12pm On Jul 23
Omo

1 Like

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Anguldi(m): 10:13pm On Jul 23
Old Format
Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Viridis(m): 10:13pm On Jul 23
Noth related to this but I am regretting why I learnt and because addicted to reading news and checking local and world politics. I envy my friends that don't who the U.S president is.
In politics you will see people supporting what is blatantly wrong but you have no power to change it. No amount of long epistle of insult and correction can change that

37 Likes

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Melagros(m): 10:13pm On Jul 23
COMRADES grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Vyzz: 10:13pm On Jul 23
grin

This coming protest na Humans and The gods go join hand protest am abeg grin

Na all of us the suffer am

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Caramia2020(m): 10:13pm On Jul 23
It's the right of the community to have some slot, we are aware but my question is will the youth allow the qualified members of the community to get the work? I doubt because it's only the warlords in the community that get the employment slot after which they will sell out the slots to strangers.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Rebuke: 10:14pm On Jul 23
Hmmm. Na to just fold hand sit down dey watch now..... Different issues and challenges here and there in this same one country.

The kind wahala wey this oil matter don cause for this corn-tree no be small.

It's the only cash cow available to both greedy citizens and politicians both in and out of power.

No wonder, una government banned importation of everything the common Nigerians benefit from, promising it will help the country to be productive but importation of oil is never banned grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Angelfrost(m): 10:14pm On Jul 23
The oil company knows what to do...!

Just spend a few millions greasing the dirty palms of elders and youth leaders, then they are home free to keep exploiting and polluting the region.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by GboyegaD(m): 10:14pm On Jul 23
The level of hardship in recent times will lead to various level of accountability demands. Resorting to fetishism isn't the best approach in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Enddy50ty(m): 10:16pm On Jul 23
Dem for use this same juju get work for the oil companies, use the same juju get contacts instead of threatening the peace of the community.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by jordyspices: 10:16pm On Jul 23
Dem think say white man no get him own juju dey play

1 Like

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by datola: 10:17pm On Jul 23
Nonsense and ingredient
Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by frog12: 10:18pm On Jul 23
nigeria na zoo. trouble everyday grin

1 Like

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Stephaniegold(f): 10:19pm On Jul 23
Delta and juju

1 Like

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by southsouthking(m): 10:20pm On Jul 23
Good radiance to bad rubbish.
Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Quest7777: 10:21pm On Jul 23
Their grievances are justified. There is so much wealth coming out of those oil-producing communities with little or nothing to show for it.

If not that they're in the minority, there would have been strong agitations for secession.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Talkisneeded: 10:21pm On Jul 23
Ohhh, funny ooo... Na chevron be federal government now... If your indigene are not qualified and ready to work, what should chevron do??
Give job to incompetent folks...

I sell herbs
Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by grandstar(m): 10:23pm On Jul 23
Michael Fridman if I'm correct said the only social responsibility a company owes is its bottom line.

Demanding companies employ a certain percentage of their workers from a given area is unfair.

Oil drilling is not labor intensive. It's not like a garment factory that can provide jobs for 10,000 people.

Nevertheless, companies ready to thread such waters and have a great relationship with their host communities will hit gold.

If I had an oil company, setting up a school, empowering youths through skill training and helping the poor would be an integral part of the firm's policies.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Rebuke: 10:24pm On Jul 23
Viridis:
Noth related to this but I am regretting why I learnt and because addicted to reading news and checking local and world politics. I envy my friends that don't who the U.S president is.
In politics you will see people supporting what is blatantly wrong but you have no power to change it. No amount of long epistle of insult and correction can change that

Lol. If yhu talk, they will immediately start raining insults on yhu. Na why these days, I dey stay away from anything politics related thread on nairaland.

I don't have that time and energy to start responding to some irredeemable and lost souls who are ready to defend their paid masters at all cost, even when it's glaring that their slave masters in power are clueless and messing up the country.

4 Likes

Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by ednut1(m): 10:26pm On Jul 23
Juju no dey work . Next
Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by godofuck231: 10:27pm On Jul 23
There's nowhere in warri called uvwie, another issues of land and aboriginal rights grabbing
Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by AudaciousMorse: 10:27pm On Jul 23
Na so e don reach?
Re: Delta State Residents Protest At Chevron Facility With Juju Priest And Coffin by Lordbinsmar: 10:29pm On Jul 23
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We're Happy To Hear That You Want To Step Down For Us—Obi Campaign Replies Atiku / Air-Force Jet Hit By Boko-Haram Missile / Peter Obi: The One Of PDP Is Over 70 Yrs; The Other One, We Don't Know His Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.