Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,962 members, 7,933,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 04:52 AM

I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner (1277 Views)

Emefiele: Dangote Paid Back 70% Of The Loan Used To Build Refinery / Lagos Traders Lament Market Closure, Appeal To Sanwo-Olu For Palliatives / Ambode Hands Over To Sanwo-olu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by bennybuhari: 1:30pm On Jul 23
By Amina Mohammed

Lagos state Commissioner for Information, Gbenga Omotoso on Tuesday said he was not aware if the $100m paid by Dangote Group to secure a land for the building of Dangote Refinery was done during the tenure of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Omotoso who spoke with TheScrutinyNG on telephone said he will have to find out the period the alleged sum was paid.

Chairman of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, has disclosed that he paid $100 million to the Lagos State government to acquire the land on which Dangote Refinery was built, contrary to the belief that it was offered to him free as an incentive.

Speaking on Saturday, the Africa’s richest man clarified that, “In the refinery, we did not, and I repeat, we did not collect one single incentive from the Federal Government of Nigeria or even Lagos State. Yes, the Lagos State gave us a good deal but we paid $100m for the land. It wasn’t a free land; we paid for it.”

When our correspondent enquired from Omotoso if the money for the land purchase was done during Governor Sanwo-Olu's tenure or his predecessors, the commissioner advised her to find out from Dangote himself

"I don't know. I will have to find out. Honestly, I don't know. But I don't understand, what is the point about that? If you want to know whether he is lying or saying the truth, why don't you ask him (Dangote)?". Ask him now" he said.

https://thescrutinyng.com/2024/07/23/refinery-i-dont-know-if-dangote-paid-100m-to-sanwo-olus-government-commissioner/

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by efighter: 1:32pm On Jul 23
We don collect the money, nothing wey Aboki fit do

27 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by Massiveglory: 1:33pm On Jul 23
Dangote don cause trouble. grin

7 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by GreenxGreen: 1:34pm On Jul 23
cool
Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by Beautifulday: 1:34pm On Jul 23
Nah the Lagos money them be this.
Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by Zonefree(m): 1:36pm On Jul 23
You won't know cos it didn't pass through Lagos state government...na through Tinubu.

All Tinubu did was to cough out about N35M for Eleko chiefs and Omoniles.

Jagaban is the master strategist, remember?

11 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by bennybuhari: 1:39pm On Jul 23
Money wey dem don take run presidential election grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by GanagiBitrus: 1:39pm On Jul 23
This is gross financial recklessness if the money can not be accounted for.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by Beremx(f): 1:44pm On Jul 23
The money was paid to the Omonile-General of Lagos. We know who he is.

Btw, all those shouting na we get Lagos,!! na we get Lagos, how far hope you guys got part of the largesse?
The real owner of Lagos has chop 100million dollars and clean mouth. Lol

8 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by slivertongue: 1:48pm On Jul 23
can of worms opening up

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:48pm On Jul 23
If sanwo olu doesn't know about the 100million dollars , money wey dey bourdillon.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by bennybuhari: 1:51pm On Jul 23
Abi na Im be this

7 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by DonMarkuzi(m): 1:52pm On Jul 23
The money was paid to the Lagos state developer.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by Chinkoalhaji34: 1:54pm On Jul 23
Why all the speculation? If Dangote did pay, it should be for the greater good of Lagos. Sanwo-Olu is all about progress, so let's focus on the developments instead of playing the blame game. Transparency is key, but let’s not forget the bigger picture here!

23 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by bennybuhari: 1:59pm On Jul 23
So, where is the transparency? Did Sanwoolu mention it if not that Dangote spilled the beans?
Chinkoalhaji34:
Why all the speculation? If Dangote did pay, it should be for the greater good of Lagos. Sanwo-Olu is all about progress, so let's focus on the developments instead of playing the blame game. Transparency is key, but let’s not forget the bigger picture here!

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by SocialJustice: 2:01pm On Jul 23
Massiveglory:
Big problem dey come.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by victory36(m): 2:16pm On Jul 23
Massiveglory:
😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by malali: 2:45pm On Jul 23
WHERE IS THE $100 MILLION DANGOTE PAID.

THE SAME WAY WE CRITICIZE DANGOTE

SANWO-OLU SHOULD COME OUT AND STATE CATEGORICALLY IF THE LAND WAS PAID FOR OR NOT $100 MILLION IS A LOT OF MONEY.

IF THE MONEY CANNOT BE ACCOUNTED FOR, IF IT HAS DISAPPEARED,IF IT HAS BEEN EMBEZZLED

TINUBU SHOULD SET UP A PROBE AND ALL THOSE INVOLVED SHOULD BE MADE TO ACCOUNT FOR IT.

THIS WOULD SHOW FAIRNESS ON ALL SIDES.

TINUBU CANNOT BE USING EFCC TO HUNT EVERYBODY ELSE WHILE DANGOTE IS PAYING $100 MILLION IN LAGOS, AND THE COMMISSIONER IS NOT AWARE.

ACCOUNTABILITY SHOULD BE ACROSS THE BOARD, NOT ONLY AGAINST DANGOTE, YAHYA BELLO, EMEFIELE

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by LegendHero(m): 2:49pm On Jul 23
Lol, it was during Fashola time.

The commissioner is a dummy. Even in 2019, Dangote himself in an interview mentioned about him paying $100m for the land.

The purchase was even before 2015. Almost 9-10 years now.

Do people expect government to just move people from their land and not give them anything? Dangote just got those vast land at a good rate compared to how people will bill company owner land.

https://www.thecable.ng/the-dangote-refinery-when-2019-comes/amp/#

23 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by Chinjo2: 3:12pm On Jul 23
You are correct. Dangote just saw and empty plot of land and built refinery on it.q
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by Chinjo2: 3:13pm On Jul 23
You are correct. Dangote just saw an empty plot of land and decided to build a refinery on it.
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by Ebigwei007: 3:22pm On Jul 23
So if the commissioner doesnt no about the dollarz, then sanwolu knows about that money.
Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by Melagros(m): 3:28pm On Jul 23
COMRADES, the West because they own the president at the moment that is why they are dealing with Dangote mercilessly
Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by bennybuhari: 4:22pm On Jul 23
Na lie
Melagros:
COMRADES, the West because they own the president at the moment that is why they are dealing with Dangote mercilessly
Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by papyjaypaul: 6:23pm On Jul 23
They should stop all the drama. Why will Information Commissioner know this Is he the finance commissioner? Does he know the money that goes into state coffers? It's okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo4jCXuMCrk

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by Olachase(m): 6:40pm On Jul 23
If Dangote isn't capable to run the refinery again

Adenuga should purchase it
Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by IGBOPROMISE1: 7:01pm On Jul 23
GanagiBitrus:

This is gross financial recklessness if the money can not be accounted for.

Can you just imagine! A whooping $100 million supposedly came into the states coffers and they can’t say immediately if and how it was accounted for! The moment i heard Dangote say he paid that much for the land his refinery is sited on, i instinctively knew the money for don enter private pockets! Governance in Lagos state is a criminal enterprise, and this is why the mafioso and their godfather are prepared to do ANYTHING to keep control of it!

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by Racoon(m): 7:02pm On Jul 23
Okay Dangote just produce receipts or evidence of payment Who would have ever believe that one day the government and it capitalist collaborators will be engaged in open rofo-rofo fight as it is today? God indeed is wonderful.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by EngrKemp: 7:27pm On Jul 23
bennybuhari:
Abi na Im be this

Walahi

For Buhari to see this kind person with all the baggages make president .

For me tinubu vetr pass Buhari

If na tinubu be Buhari , trust me he won't make that choice Kai

Evil dey o
Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by Emmabyte: 7:48pm On Jul 23
Dangote will lead the protest
Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by Sheuns(m): 8:14pm On Jul 23
Ode. Na SANWO Olu government sell the land to am?

The man clearly said the land was acquired in 2007
Re: I Don't Know If Dangote Paid $100m To Sanwo-Olu's Govt - Commissioner by bennybuhari: 12:07pm On Jul 24
When did he mention 2007
Sheuns:
Ode. Na SANWO Olu government sell the land to am?

The man clearly said the land was acquired in 2007

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

PRONACO Confab: People's National Conference (PNC) / PDP: A Party Of Godfathers / If Obasanjo Was Igbo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.