Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:53 PM

Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest (23668 Views)

I've Known Orji Kalu, We've Been Together For A Very Long Time - Tinubu / Emefiele Begs NLC To Shelve Protest Over Naira Scarcity / Governor Ayade's CSO Kneels Down, Begs Youths Not To Burn FGGC, Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by ogododo: 3:52pm On Jul 23
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has asked those planning to protest against his administration’s policies to shelve their plan.

Addressing State House reporters after a meeting with the President on Tuesday, the Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, declared that the President asked him to communicate to Nigerians, especially the youths, that he has listened to all their concerns, adding measures are already ongoing to address the challenges.

The Minister said, “We also discussed the issue of the country generally and Mr President has asked me to again inform Nigerians that he listens to them, especially the young people that are trying to protest.

“Mr President said he listens to them and takes what they say seriously; and he is working assiduously to ensure that this country is good not just for today but also for the future. The issue of the planned protest, Mr President does not see any need for that, he asked them to shelve that plan and he has asked them to await government’s response to all their pleas, he has listened to them.”

The Minister said a lot is happening already, saying “Only today the NASS has expeditiously passed the bill on National minimum wage. You can see how the President is working. The bill was transmitted only yesterday and today it has been passed. A lot of other interventions that the President has put in place are also going to be looked at expeditiously in the interest of Nigerians, so there is no need for strike {protest}.

“The young people out there should listen to the President and allow the President more time to see to the realization of all the goodies he has for them.”

Highlighting other policies aimed at cushioning the effect of hardship Nigerians are facing, the Minister said the government approved grains and rice for state governments, which was delivered to them, adding, “Like I said that time it is just the necessary first step, government is going to continue in that direction supporting them and assuring that whatever intervention the Federal Government has put in place go to those that should benefit, it is very important that is being put out.”

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-shelve-protests-give-me-more-time-tinubu-begs-youths/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by AqualinaXYZ: 3:52pm On Jul 23
With all due respect Tinubu

Thunder fire you

We need his brain not his body

They didn’t know he has a body of a snail and brain of a fowl

Werey wey brain box don knock engine

439 Likes 45 Shares

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by AqualinaXYZ: 3:53pm On Jul 23
Gbeng30:
Do you beg Nigerians when you keep implement policy that has making life difficult for every Nigerians.. rubbish

His supporters said he was on the right track

The one this idiot for just retain his kingmakership and his reputation as the only Lagos governor who built Lagos and divided Atlantic Ocean

Now his failure and uselessness has been shown to the whole world making everyone know he didn’t so shiiiith while he was the governor

205 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by Massiveglory: 3:54pm On Jul 23
Stinking hypocrisy from tinubu and his boys.
From old to young, tinubu and every person with him and around him stinks of sheer hypocrisy and premium cluelessness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEvSnqGNcEI?si=80K3IxpQCRK7v8aK

101 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by Chinkoalhaji34: 3:56pm On Jul 23
Toh, we no go rush am.

A good leader deserves patience. Let's see the plans unfold before we start making noise.

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by Remman(m): 3:56pm On Jul 23
After this statement, you'd go back to hiding again until things get worse.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by Thewrath(m): 3:59pm On Jul 23
Tell them,tell them all,whoever comes,whoever they may be,protest shall hold,protests shall hold all over!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by Ritchiee: 3:59pm On Jul 23
We are giving you more time.Just sit up and act because the nation is hurting.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by mrvitalis(m): 4:03pm On Jul 23
So the president himself can't give us a live media chat?

I don't blame him sha idiots would still support him no matter what

If you know nigeria is choking u you are free to protest... For me and my family we are not doing sh.it

If I am in Nigeria come next election I won't even vote

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by Righthussle: 4:04pm On Jul 23
T
Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by OfoIgbo: 4:06pm On Jul 23
Ritchiee:
We are giving you more time.Just sit up and act because the nation is hurting.

He has from now till the 1st of August to make things right, otherwise northerners may hit the streets.

After all he had more than a year, but all that Nigerians got was starvation, price hike, petrol price hike, electricity tariff hike, multi billion naira home for the vice president, multi billion naira presidential jet, nepotism and tribalism and ethnic profiling of the Igbos.

226 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by Galinton(m): 4:06pm On Jul 23
Ok, we don hear you

1 Like

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by Kobojunkiee: 4:09pm On Jul 23
ogododo:
The Minister said, “We also discussed the issue of the country generally and Mr President has asked me to again inform Nigerians that he listens to them, especially the young people that are trying to protest.
“Mr President said he listens to them and takes what they say seriously; and he is working assiduously to ensure that this country is good not just for today but also for the future. The issue of the planned protest, Mr President does not see any need for that, he asked them to shelve that plan and he has asked them to await government’s response to all their pleas, he has listened to them.”
The Minister said a lot is happening already, saying “Only today the NASS has expeditiously passed the bill on National minimum wage. You can see how the President is working. The bill was transmitted only yesterday and today it has been passed. A lot of other interventions that the President has put in place are also going to be looked at expeditiously in the interest of Nigerians, so there is no need for strike {protest}.
“The young people out there should listen to the President and allow the President more time to see to the realization of all the goodies he has for them.”

Tinubu Calling on NIgerians to come out during JOnathans Regime

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by ogododo: 4:26pm On Jul 23
Nlfpmod, nawa oo. Tinubu no fit address Nigeria, he de send emissary.

16 Likes

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by helinues: 4:29pm On Jul 23
Na so

Let those who want to hit their heads should do so jejeli without dragging others oo

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by SeeWahala: 4:31pm On Jul 23
No way. Youths are not giving you any single time. From one second past midnight on the 31st of July the mother of all protests must happen.

Afterall, you never gave anyone of us time before you made the announcement of subsidy removal thereby plunging the whole country into turmoil.

Na now you remember say Nigerians suppose dey check clock dey give people like you time okwa ya?

afor-gbawakpa-gi nimi eediot angry

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by Ritchiee: 4:40pm On Jul 23
OfoIgbo:

He has from now till the 1st of August to make things right, otherwise northerners may hit the streets.

After all he had more than a year, but all that Nigerians got was starvation, price hike, petrol price hike, electricity tariff hike, multi billion naira home for the vice president, multi billion naira presidential jet, nepotism and tribalism and ethnic profiling of the Igbos.
Those Northerners brought Nigeria to this sorry state.
They are the bko haram and bandits blocking farmers and also begging the govt not to import so it doesnt destroy their business.
Subsidy scam is mostly dominated by them and some other atrocities that they indulge in that had made Nigeria a sorry state.

There will be pain but Tinubu will fare best God's willing.
Rome was not built in a day.It has been years of enormous rot.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by saddler: 4:41pm On Jul 23
cool

Protest is your right.

#Endbadgovernance

18 Likes

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by GreatKingg: 4:41pm On Jul 23
In as much as I support the reform being carried out by this administration, I don't think it is wise enough to tell the citizens not to protest peacefully. Peaceful protest is part and parcel of democracy - which we currently practice.

Moreover, Tinubu and his goons protested against GEJ. If I'm not mistaken, it seems they even led the protest, not just a regular protester. They now sound more like hypocrites - urging and begging people not to protest peacefully.

Now, my only problem is Nigerians don't know how to protest peacefully. It is difficult for a peaceful protest not to be hijacked by criminals in Nigeria. That is my only fear in this.

The administration should not be afraid of a peaceful protest. But the fear of the mayhem(s) that has always followed the so-called peaceful protests in Nigeria is scary. A lot of criminals are waiting by the corner to unleash mayhem on people and businesses, all in disguise of protest.

All in all, the government should communicate clearly with its citizens, assist the poor and the needy in this difficult period of the reforms, and more importantly, cut down on government cost.

I was so disturbed and concerned when news broke the other day that the Nigerian government released N90 billion to subsidize the cost of the 2024 Hajj pilgrimage for citizens. This is not only wasteful, but so unreasonable in a country where over 50% of its citizens live below the poverty line. The government really erred on this. Imagine what that amount could have provided for each family in this difficult period.

But on a second note, Nigeria is a very religious country. The subsequent government tries to assuage different religious groups so as not to be labeled anti-christian/anti-muslim. At the end of the day, we (both citizens and leaders) are our own problem.

As I have always maintained, we need re-orientation as a nation.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by ogododo: 4:46pm On Jul 23
Kobojunkiee:

Tinubu Calling on NIgerians to come out during JOnathans Regime
Dem don forget 2012.

2 Likes

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by 96ACE: 4:50pm On Jul 23
Let the youths exercise their constitutional right as you also uphold your duty to provide security for lives and properties during the protest. Don’t forget that what’s good for Jonathan should also be fair for Tinubu. grin

24 Likes

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by fatherjesse(m): 4:50pm On Jul 23
This government will as usual, as was done with EndSars, infiltrate the protest with those that would give support to why they had to use armed men to waste lives of innocent Nigerians. It is so sad that Nigerians are hungry, angry and may soon lose their lives to the worst set of people to govern us. 😭😭😭😭😭

7 Likes

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by AdolfHitlerxXx: 4:50pm On Jul 23
grin

Protest all you want. Just do it in your region...otherwise... anything wey you use eyes see....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by Seunpapa65: 4:51pm On Jul 23
grin
We love you sir we would extend it to next 7 years
Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by Betanaija42moro: 4:51pm On Jul 23
Lol, Begging don set

5 Likes

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by EreluRoz: 4:51pm On Jul 23
I second
Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by OgaTheTop2: 4:51pm On Jul 23
More time from person that said he would hit the ground running from day 1... Omo, naija don enter one chance with this agbado government.

Thunder!

28 Likes

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by NaijaCover(m): 4:51pm On Jul 23
Nawa o
Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by Usmanovic95(m): 4:51pm On Jul 23
You sow wind, you will reap whirlwind.
You didn't beg for more time for Jonathan before you called for revolution.

18 Likes

Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by sofeo(m): 4:51pm On Jul 23
w
Re: Shelve Protest, Give Me More Time: Tinubu begs youths amid Aug planned protest by Sheuns(m): 4:51pm On Jul 23
Be like it is only this Idris that has sense amongst all the media aides Tinubu appointed. The rest are just old men behaving immature and talking irresponsibly. Onanuga is their grand patron.

Sun Tzu - Strike your enemy where they aren't.

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Islamization: Afikpo Igbos Are 80 Percent Muslims / South South Governors Agree To Join Supreme Court Suit on VAT / 35 Nigerians Arrested In US For $117 Million Romance Scam

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.