Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,064 members, 7,973,620 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 09:11 PM

Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT (1422 Views)

Oduduwa Republic: Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Abeokuta Despite Police Ban / Shiites Hold Ashura Procession In Abuja Despite Police Warning / Omoyele Sowore Announces African Action Congress (AAC) As His Political Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by thekokofacts: 9:59pm On Jul 23
On Monday, Omoyele Sowore, former presidential candidate of the African Action Congress, announced that the nationwide protest will begin in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

This follows a warning from FCT Commissioner of Police, Bennett Igweh, who cautioned residents against participating in the protest.

Igweh advised residents and indigenes not to join the movement scheduled for August 1, aimed at protesting the country’s hardships.

Speaking to journalists in Abuja, he emphasized that the police have made significant efforts to ensure security in the area, warning that the protest could undermine these efforts.

Source: https://opdato.com/sowore-announces-nationwide-protest-despite-police-warning-in-fct/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by Hezzyluv: 10:04pm On Jul 23
Obi would be drag to this as well. undecided

In as much as I don't like Tinubu's approach that has cause this untold hardship, the planned protest would do more harm then good. Can a hungry man protest peacefully?

1 Like

Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by IamANigerianMan: 10:04pm On Jul 23
Me, protesting against government just one Year in the office is politically motivated.. I don't like TINUBU and I cannot vote him but let give two years to three years first.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by GreenxGreen: 10:06pm On Jul 23
grin

Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by SeeWahala: 10:06pm On Jul 23
Na wao undecided everybody wants to protest đŸ™„

I thought helinues, Goodvibes007 and Christistruth00 are always pointing at igbos and Obidients as the instigators of the forthcoming protests sad

What is happening? Be like fear don dey catch me self shocked

6 Likes

Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by Guestlander: 10:06pm On Jul 23
It is within our democratic right to protest. But the organizers should also be ready to take responsibility if it turns to violence.
No excuses like it was hijacked or any nonsense like that.

3 Likes

Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by Bobloco: 10:06pm On Jul 23
IamANigerianMan:
Me, protesting against government just one Year in the office is politically motivated.. I don't like TINUBU and I cannot vote him but let give two years to three years first.

Tinubu's calamitous regime began from day one right at the swearing in podium

16 Likes

Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by Throwback: 10:07pm On Jul 23
IamANigerianMan:

Spoken like a sensible Nigerian who is not hungry.

A hungry man has no sense, so I can understand when those who cannot feed tomorrow protest today.

But those who want to protest but give 2weeks or 4weeks notice like a labour union, are nothing but political opposition venting their frustration of their electoral loss.

32 Likes

Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by SeeWahala: 10:08pm On Jul 23
IamANigerianMan:

No sorry we can't wait like you till half the country's population is dead before we protest. wink

You can sit in your house during our protest and watch how the wicked ones run upandan on tv. You will be fine cool

Selfish human being like you angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by Hezzyluv: 10:10pm On Jul 23
IamANigerianMan:

Na 2rut you talk. But people don die of hunger n more dey die of hunger.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by IamANigerianMan: 10:12pm On Jul 23
SeeWahala:

No sorry we can't wait like you till half the country's population is dead before we protest. wink

You can sit in your house during our protest and watch how the wicked ones run upandan on tv. You will be fine cool

Selfish human being like you angry
Please now
Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by SeeWahala: 10:16pm On Jul 23
IamANigerianMan:

Please now

Better tell your tilumbu to sit up, all these talks of 'me I don't like tilumbu BUT etc' will not fly when time reach let me just tell you

The whole country is in turmoil economically and its worst in the north. Do you think endsars was a joke? Back then things were not even a quarter as bad as this and see what happened then cry

I tell you today that if this protest I'm seeing coming is not nipped in the bud . . . Hmm, I pity many people in this country when it starts because even police and army will join the masses to protest against the bad politicians we have amongst us.

Rubber band is elastic and can stretch + bend BUT it has its breaking point wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by helinues: 10:17pm On Jul 23
grin

Harry Kane

1 Like

Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by dangermouse(m): 10:19pm On Jul 23
They will leave Sowore now and start mentioning Obi there nightmare.

Obidients has protested already with their votes during the election.

They would not join any protest again.

This protest is for the doubters and those who refused to listen initially and didn't learn any lessons from the former government and who sheepishly supported the uglier extension we are witnessing today
Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by Tsarbomba(m): 11:24pm On Jul 23
Nigerian govmnt don't give a rat ass about the life of Nigerians. All they care about is 2027. It's time to show them that POWER belong to the YOUTHS, and that there's no 2027, without stoping the hunger pandemic in the land.!
#EndBadGovernment
#EndCorruption

1 Like

Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by specialmati(m): 1:37am On Jul 24
Throwback:

A hungry man has no sense, so I can understand when those who cannot feed tomorrow protest today.

But those who want to protest but give 2weeks or 4weeks notice like a labour union, are nothing but political opposition venting their frustration of their electoral loss.
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy all the agberos have the same thought process.is it not this same tinubu built lagos.since you agberos don't go to Market but chase after motorist for owumida how can you know who feed well or not.you are more wiser than tinubu that is even begging for the protest not to hold because he knows he messed up.check out from 2015 when you idiots took over till now .even your fellow agberos are all facing the matter on ground

1 Like

Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by Chikel20000(m): 1:46am On Jul 24
Dear Igbos pls don't partake in any protest for now
Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by agulion: 1:57am On Jul 24
Even we Yoruba Muslims will join the protest, hunger wan kill us
Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by EcoNews: 3:05am On Jul 24
Is tenure will be over in 2-3 years time, now is the best time for the protest so he will have sense. Me I supported him but he should get sense n know that people are suffering or was it not Tinubu that stated let the poor breathe.

Are the poor now able to breath under his administration ? He should face the protest, it is the result of the policies he initiated himself.

IamANigerianMan:
Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by DMerciful(m): 3:53am On Jul 24
So that people will keep dying of suicide while they buy themselves private jets, yatch, 21 billion vp house, 160m bullet proof SUV with our money?
IamANigerianMan:
Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by DMerciful(m): 3:55am On Jul 24
The protest must go on nationwide!
Throwback:

Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by snapshot: 4:00am On Jul 24
IamANigerianMan:
it is a warning protest ,that is why it will last for ten days,the idea is to put everything on the watch and point government's failures to Tinubu,if after this he doesn't take drastic steps to revamp the economy then something a million times bigger than endsars may hit the country ,I pray it doesn't anyway because we have no other place to call home
Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by Iamanoited: 5:00am On Jul 24
SOWORE IS HEREBY WARNED TO STOP THIS NONSENSE.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by Iamanoited: 5:08am On Jul 24
INFACT ASO-ATIKU SOWORE OBI WILL BE SEDITIOUS IN THIS GAME.
Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by Never4getU: 5:43am On Jul 24
thekokofacts:
On Monday, Omoyele Sowore, former presidential candidate of the African Action Congress, announced that the nationwide protest will begin in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

This follows a warning from FCT Commissioner of Police, Bennett Igweh, who cautioned residents against participating in the protest.

Igweh advised residents and indigenes not to join the movement scheduled for August 1, aimed at protesting the country’s hardships.

Speaking to journalists in Abuja, he emphasized that the police have made significant efforts to ensure security in the area, warning that the protest could undermine these efforts.

Source: https://opdato.com/sowore-announces-nationwide-protest-despite-police-warning-in-fct/

The involvement of opposition parties in the plan protest isn't a good thing to salivate for me. Allow the citizens to do their thing instead of giving the govt reason to clamp down on the protest and give a name to justify.
Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by samtheman: 6:11am On Jul 24
IamANigerianMan:

How many hours did he give us before he announce the removal of fuel subsidy?
Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by Tallesty1(m): 6:44am On Jul 24
IamANigerianMan:
He wrecked the economy in a second with his thoughtless and unguided unterance; a year should be enough to fix one second mistake.
Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by CyrusVI(m): 8:30am On Jul 24
This one is always acting like an SUG president

Upon on all these, when election come na still 1k votes him go get

1 Like

Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by NaMe4: 8:36am On Jul 24
Police warning or police pleas?

The FCT commissioner only pleaded, he can't warn citizens against protesting.

Nonsense journalism again.
Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by Okoroawusa: 8:47am On Jul 24
dangermouse:
They will leave Sowore now and start mentioning Obi there nightmare.

Obidients has protested already with their votes during the election.

They would not join any protest again.

This protest is for the doubters and those who refused to listen initially and didn't learn any lessons from the former government and who sheepishly supported the uglier extension we are witnessing today
Why are you pretending like Obidients are not the ones propagating and amplifying every piece of news about the protest on social media and right here on Nairaland?
Check out all the monikers on Nairaland supporting the protest, they were Atikulators in 2019 and Obidients in 2023. Apart from Gidgiddy most of them have deleted their IPOB/Nnamdi Kanu monikers. In fact I can ask helinues to help draw up a list.
Re: Sowore Announces Nationwide Protest Despite Police Warning In FCT by dangermouse(m): 10:16am On Jul 24
Okoroawusa:

Why are you pretending like Obidients are not the ones propagating and amplifying every piece of news about the protest on social media and right here on Nairaland?
Check out all the monikers on Nairaland supporting the protest, they were Atikulators in 2019 and Obidients in 2023. Apart from Gidgiddy most of them have deleted their IPOB/Nnamdi Kanu monikers. In fact I can ask helinues to help draw up a list.

So there is no freedom of speech again in Nigeria? Is that what you are trying to say. The media that are amplifying it too can you say they are The ones propagating the protest. We all as Nigerians have the duty to make our country better. Protest or demonstration is enshrined in the Nigerian constitution and is the right of every Nigerian regardless of tribe or religion.
You guys are trying to make itclook like a treason offence to protest. That is were the problem lies. Calling helinues or not, did people in Government now not carry out a protest under the Goodluck government?:was any of them intimidated or abused? Is the country not much worse now than before?
Nigerian has never had it bad like this in the history of the Nation and yet protests have been carried out.

Why not protest now that things are much worse? Because our brother is in power? Because of What you mean?

The work of a responsible police force is to protect the demonstrators and make sure it is not hijacked by hoodlums.

It is so appalling how we have gotten this low as a country.

(1) (Reply)

Is this third term politics or kill your opponent / Nigeria: $5m Fraud Rocks Ajaokuta Steel / No Ethnicity On Census Meant To Hide Past Lies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.