Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,334 members, 7,974,423 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 01:46 AM

SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today (15504 Views)

Minimum Wage: NLC, TUC To Hold Emergency Meeting On Wednesday / PDP To Hold Emergency NEC Thursday Over Planned Defection Of Umahi / South-South Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over CJN Onnoghen Corruption Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by Bennycollins: 8:29am On Jul 24
jyz200:
No protest in South Western Nigeria
I wondered what they want Mr President to achieve In 1yrs in office
Growth need times
Let's be patient
This president has been very influential in government, infact he was the national leader of the ruling party for close to ten years now. The first person to hold such position over the sitting president.

Make Una get sense o.
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by dandollaz: 8:31am On Jul 24
jyz200:
Growth need times
Let's be patient
Oga go to Abia state and shut your mouth its not magic.since you know growth is slow why remove subsidy in day 1 instead of gradual process and mess the dollar up at same time.appointing old crook and expect magic from them.your shame dey shame me.
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by Raph82(m): 8:34am On Jul 24
In the wake of all these, this is my take, so this government is this scared of protest? The same protest they sponsored for days at Ojota in those years against GEJ without any violent opposition from the government. They are now so scared because the protest is starting from the north.
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by ConfusePoint: 8:37am On Jul 24
U na never see anything. Wait for us.
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by ConfusePoint: 8:40am On Jul 24
jyz200:
Growth need times
Let's be patient

May the same thunder that killed one man kill you too for this nonsense you've put up here.
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by CHAQUR: 8:50am On Jul 24
Protest should be quarterly... Seems like it's the language this government understands.
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by LandMann: 8:51am On Jul 24
jyz200:
Growth need times
Let's be patient

He can't achieve much in one year but he has been able to completely destroy the livelihood of majority of Nigerians and also rendered them poor.

Tinubu is good at destroying but bad at building and achieving.

Shame on your vulturelike bald head for supporting this wicked government
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by ambale(m): 8:53am On Jul 24
For the presidency to be this afraid, then they know they are an absolute failure

If you say you are doing well, why not just wait and see the protest fail

But they know and they know it might be bigger than them

I just pity there foot soldiers that have been standing on the mandate with no food in their stomachs

I pray make Dem no go fall and die Sha😂
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by TheRealestGuy(m): 9:04am On Jul 24
Magnumproperty:
Alex Otti should be given more time but BAT shouldn't ?
August 1 is almost here. We will all be alive to witness the drama.

Another batist using ethnic dogwhistling to redirect issues.

What does Alex Otti have to do with a protest Nigerians are planning?

Igbos have already told you we're not going to be part of any protests so what exactly is the colour of your problem?
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by UKEMY(m): 9:11am On Jul 24
The Meeting is Long Overdue.
Most of the political Appointees behaves like touts ;
Ononuga and Uju kennedy and some of the Ministers are very useless
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by ogelekpomgam(m): 9:18am On Jul 24
GOFRONT:
August Festival.......We cNt wait
Lols.This one na August meeting Special.. grin grin
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by ogelekpomgam(m): 9:19am On Jul 24
DMerciful:
You think this is a joke?
DMerciful..Be Merciful.. grin grin
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by gotnel: 9:21am On Jul 24
The meeting will not solve any problem.
Rather, the meeting will create more problems.
It is obvious that this administration of Tinubu is capitalist government being driven by imf and world Bank who are addicted to seeing Nigerians suffering in the middle of plenty.
Tinubu administration will spend 8 years and that 8 years will only see Nigerians suffering more and more from year to year.
Tinubu has failed those of us that have beliefs in his capacity.
If he wants to exhibit a good idea, it is just a matter of addressing the issues that need to recharge the system to a better extent.
Today's meeting will not work out any solution
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by Haaland21: 9:23am On Jul 24
phemmie06:

Yes so no protest, you're the coordinator and the pay master of the southwest to have said this.
He achieved a lot in the past one year and some of them are:
1. Increasing the pump price of PMS.
2. Destroying the Naira to achieve his windfall tax
3. Over 100 millions cars for the lawmakers
4. Increasing the hardship
Do you still need more

Since you have a special economy in your own part of the southwest, you won't love the protest.
Ari je ni bi madaru

Come and see a misguided youth, who cant think for himself.
Tinubu has done what no other government in the administration of this country has gone. He is the only one who can confront the cabals holding this country.

1st.....stopped fuel subsidy
2nd....harmony the exchange rate to the bearest minimum.
3rd.....Dared the governors by winning the LG autonomy.

All these changes definitely would have repercussion.

Emefiele printed not less than 30 trillion naira without equivalent substance to back it off, that is partly responsible for the inflation.
Emefiele was using 1.5 billion usd to padd our Naira monthly, we cant do continue with such practice.

Tinub has cleared over 7 billion usd, Nigeria was owing foreign airlines that made Emirates to stopped coming to Nigeria.

Leave give him time

2 Likes

Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by Magnumproperty: 9:28am On Jul 24
Haaland21:

Tinubu has done what no other government in the administration of this country has gone. He is the only one who can confront the cabals holding this country.

Emefiele printed not less than 30 trillion naira without equivalent substance to back it off, that is partly responsible for the inflation.
Emefiele was using 1.5 billion usd to padd our Naira monthly, we cant do continue with such practice.

Tinub has cleared over 7 billion usd, Nigeria was owing foreign airlines that made Emirates to stopped coming to Nigeria.

Leave give him time
See you have the time to be educating those children of perdition. Let them try nonsense next week. They are expecting miracle in one year.

1 Like

Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by Okoroawusa: 9:31am On Jul 24
Risingblue008:
If them like let dem hold the emergency meetin in SPACE
We go protest and dis protest will not end
Till
Tinibu
Akpabio
Efcc boss
COAS
Steps down

Even though tinibu stole the pples mandate
He shuold try to do something
Not sitting to drug hes remaining life out of balance
Or his he sufferin from
Pakithson deases?
Everybody with their own agenda on top one protest. See this one wan overthrow government
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by Okoroawusa: 9:34am On Jul 24
TheRealestGuy:

Another batist using ethnic dogwhistling to redirect issues.

What does Alex Otti have to do with a protest Nigerians are planning?

Igbos have already told you we're not going to be part of any protests so what exactly is the colour of your problem
?
Tell Charly Boy, Racoon, DMerciful, Gidgiddy, valentineuwakwe, Beremx, mrvitalis and co that.
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by Jrevelation(m): 9:38am On Jul 24
The suffering of the masses is coming for you soon

jyz200:
Growth need times
Let's be patient

How much they pay you to do this

Be sincere
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by Kennitrust(m): 9:43am On Jul 24
TopBanter:

Talk like this shows some Nigerians are ignorant, biased and/or bigoted plus working with misconception or even outright fallacies.

Where did you get your own one year summation from when such is at odds with universal guiding parameters for start-ups?

Why wont intelligent folks conclude you people have a hidden agenda when you can casually make false or innacurate statement to justify not giving the Givernment reasonable time to turn around an inherited terrible economy .
the same you were commenting and advocating time span for buhari who ended up as a terrible disaster that befallen this country. Today, you are here again supporting what your educated brain showed you to be an uttermost failure in wait.

I don't why educated person like you cannot think like you have visited school before.
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by Basildvalour(m): 9:51am On Jul 24
jyz200:
Growth need times
Let's be patient
In the same one year, what am I even saying, from the first minute he spoke after becoming a president, he has achieved a lot but all of these achievements are negative.
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by phemmie06(m): 9:56am On Jul 24
Haaland21:

Leave give him time

Mr. Thinker.... What is the effects of all these
Harmonize the naira that he is defending, how come the sudden rise from 980 to 1500.

What about the price of commodities, you keep saying plants your food, so you make your beverages, manufature your milk, make your detergent etc.
Some are just blind followers
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by dododawa1: 10:07am On Jul 24
You Na.

see Na

LIFE
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by icedbreez(m): 10:10am On Jul 24
Lolz...to think that this baba called GEJ clueless when fuel was cheaper, rice was cheaper, dollar to naira was cheaper, beans was cheaper, yam was cheaper, i can go on and on.

Who is clueless now?
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by benjaminlawson(m): 10:18am On Jul 24
jyz200:
Growth need times
Let's be patient

If president can initiated hardship just few hours after assumption of duty, I think one year is more than enough to proffer solution to the problem he created just few ours of coming to office with just two words " subsidy gone"
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by Notatribalist(m): 10:34am On Jul 24
jyz200:
Growth need times
Let's be patient
They are not protesting because your Mr president has achieved nothing in 1year. They are protesting because your Mr president has made things worse in one year. Know the difference Mr dunce
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by Yusman316(m): 10:55am On Jul 24
jyz200:
Growth need times
Let's be patient
If his policies in just 1yr can make prices of goods and services shoot through the roof, he should also within 1yr come up with policies that can make life of Nigerians better. He said he could do the job, no one forced it on him. Why remove fuel subsidy without a contingency plan to cushion it effects on the masses?
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by Rybnyk(m): 11:09am On Jul 24
jyz200:
Growth need times
Let's be patient
He doesn't need more than one year to realize that the electricity tariff hike has crippled the operations of many fed universities and some concessions on the part of the govt should be made. Many businesses can't operate with such high tariff increase. Increasing import duty is a heavy burden for businesses. The additional electricity tariff increase was a bad move. The govt just has to make some concessions and reduce it. Tackling the root cause of food inflation is what will give Nigerians some hope. That will understandably take some time but the electricity tariff increase burden can be dealt with within a short time.

I
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by jattopeter(m): 11:10am On Jul 24
My brother , I wonder oh. At times i see comment and wonder if the writer really think before Writing. A year is not enough to asses his achievement, joke of century , Yet in Company they do assessment every year, which at the end of each year , they assess and some even get sacked. With the way this Man is Going , i just pray and hope we have not entered one chance.
Zonefree:

If he can't achieve anything in one year, is it in one century he will achieve it?

That's how you guys started with Buhari, telling us to give him more time, na so we take waste good 8 years for nothing. Never again will that happen!

A regional self acclaimed "master strategist" took Nigeria from bad to worst just in a year you're saying we should give him more time. More time to wreck more havoc, bah? undecided
Re: SGF, Ministers To Hold Emergency Meeting Today by BABANGBALI: 11:18am On Jul 24
It's fokn too late

Double dating in a relationship is not cheating is like waec & neco 💔📌 If Weac no favour u Neco go favour u 😂😂🤷🤷 Dey won't teach U this in school fa🤷🤷

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Justice Ignatius Agube To PDP: Stop Washing Your Dirty Linen In Public / How DSS Lied Against Magu, EFCC Boss - Sahara Reporters / 3 OPC Members Docked, Remanded Over Allegations Of Burning Wakili’s House

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.