Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,825 members, 7,902,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:32 PM

MPA Or PhD - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / MPA Or PhD (151 Views)

Meet The First African Woman PHD In Aerospace Engineering / Meet Lanre Udu, Medical Doctor With Two Bachelors, Two Master's Degrees, PHD / Phd From Abroad, Trying To Get Lecturing Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MPA Or PhD by yusufdayo1: 2:50pm On Jul 24
Pls, I need your opinion on this:
I have a cousin who is a civil servant in one of the federal agencies as an administrative officer. She has a masters degree in Anthropology.
The issue here is she wants to apply for a part time master degree in public administration and thereafter do her professional certification in public administration (CIPM or CIHRM) due to the recent circular circular by the head of service that all admin officers in MDA must be certified in order to advance from grade level 13 to grade level 14.
she thought of going for her MPA and then for her certification simultaneously and currently she is in grade level 10

Note: I have told her to go for the certification since already has her masters degree and later put in for her PhD instead.
Re: MPA Or PhD by Nadingo: 2:58pm On Jul 24
What's the question?
Re: MPA Or PhD by yusufdayo1: 3:33pm On Jul 24
Nadingo:
What's the question?
Should she go for her MPA or PhD

1 Like

Re: MPA Or PhD by Nadingo: 4:47pm On Jul 24
yusufdayo1:

Should she go for her MPA or PhD
Would the professional certification requires the MPA?
Re: MPA Or PhD by yusufdayo1: 6:58pm On Jul 24
Nadingo:
Would the professional certification requires the MPA?

No....it's not a requirement but if she wants some weavers, it's a requirement
Re: MPA Or PhD by Nadingo: 7:07pm On Jul 24
yusufdayo1:

No....it's not a requirement but if she wants some weavers, it's a requirement
Oh I get it. Let her go for what she wants. Not everyone wants to be a PhD.

(1) (Reply)

Managing Chaos: Tools To Set Priorities& Make Decisions Under Pressure Course / Join Me Today And Make A Lot Of Money On Digital Marketing / The Best Vessel-chartering Choice You Can Get

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.