Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,350 members, 7,937,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:11 PM

Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” (1476 Views)

Sunday Igboho: Full List Of Yoruba Leaders Assembled By Ooni Of Ife / Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses / Akwa-Ibom Stadium: A Review Of Nigeria's Finest And Best Stadium So Far!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by chichar1(f): 8:56pm On Jul 24
GeneralPula:

The question you’re asking him is even a long thing. The question I’d like to ask him is when she was still working for Nigeria government, what did she achieve?

Because I could remember vividly, she was the one that told us FG will have to be borrowing to pay salaries and Nigeria should get ready for recession..

Nah all these kind news the woman dey every dish out then. So, what exactly did she do for Nigerians that was extra ordinary?

Those hyping her are doing so cuz of Tribalism and Bigotry..
Madman anthem. You couldn't remember when she urge the presidency to save for rainy days.

But due to the weakness of Jonathan Goodluck and pressure from NGF like Rotimi Ameachi and Oshomole that made idea didn't materialise.

So don't envy the woman jaree.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by chichar1(f): 8:57pm On Jul 24
RepoMan007:
Iweala performed negatively under GEJ unlike under OBJ.
Bloody lie.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by chichar1(f): 9:00pm On Jul 24
Richtaiwo:
Too much an epistle for a person you say is not your president. Send it to the "actual" president. It will guide him in assembling the best brains.
TRASHY COMMENT as usual. Mtcheeewww Yeyemmadu.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by alimiadedayo1: 9:05pm On Jul 24
opamoses1:

Obasanjo wasted $16B dollars on fixing power. Money went to waste.
The same format you have been saying for the past 10 years and yet the evil party you are supporting has turn this country to garbage.
Useless human being
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by chichar1(f): 9:06pm On Jul 24
kedeojo:
She is WTO president. Can you measure just one gain the country has made through her.
TRASHY COMMENT as usual.

A God damm called Nigeria with a nonentity called Tinubu as your President can never progress or make any gain through her. Simple the best.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by alimiadedayo1: 9:07pm On Jul 24
GeneralPula:

The question you’re asking him is even a long thing. The question I’d like to ask him is when she was still working for Nigeria government, what did she achieve?

Because I could remember vividly, she was the one that told us FG will have to be borrowing to pay salaries and Nigeria should get ready for recession..

Nah all these kind news the woman dey every dish out then. So, what exactly did she do for Nigerians that was extra ordinary?

Those hyping her are doing so cuz of Tribalism and Bigotry..
The economy was in danger but people were living better than now.. Can you see your life..compare Jonathan's era and this regime which one is better..just give simple answer
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by Shikini: 9:08pm On Jul 24
Thiefņubu's is paddy paddy
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by highchief1: 10:11pm On Jul 24
Sapasenator:

I will choose Jona over three of them but Nigeria deserves better.
better is not good enough,the best is yet to come.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by LandMann: 10:20pm On Jul 24
If we have Tinubu today it is because of Jonathan.

Buhari ascension to power was because of Jonathan.

Jonathan ran a corrupt regime and people genuinely wanted things to change for the better.

From Alison Madueke the petroleum minister who went on self exile after looting billions of dollars to Dansuki the NSA crook who embezzled security funds, Jonathan with a PhD gave room for opposition to grow by allowing thieves in his government to loot state funds...

Time and time again, Jonathan kept defending their actions, denying the poor state of electricity in Nigeria on international media, allowing boko haram to grow wings....

I just hate Jonathan because he's such a disappointment.

True development in Nigeria died with Yar Adua.

Jonathan's actions and inactions gave the likes of buhari and tinubu the opportunity to get to power and today Nigeria is paying the price.

May it never be well with anyone who defends any Nigeria president since 1999 till date apart from Yar Adua.

May your family and life be run aground the way all of them have run Nigeria aground

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by CSTRR: 10:41pm On Jul 24
nobaga:
Placarding different ethnic groups cannot hide the fact that it was an Igbo dominated Government. Not surprising in that Jonathan himself was or is a Biafran. Maybe that is why the Op thinks it was the best Government.

Comparatively, OBJ had the best brains. Brains are not enough. Nigeria has never been short of brains. It is the leader and those elected that make the difference.

Ironically, Ikonjo Iweala you portrayed as a star, never had a private sector job. The same lady that did well under the supervision of Obasanjo and lectured us about paying off our Debt, did badly under Jonathan.

It was the same Iweala that praised the benefit of a good debtor under Jonathan to plunged us into the beginning of incurable debt.

Our money, our oil, we can do anything we want with it. Nigeria went from the richest to the poorest in the world. Even when there were surplus foreign Oil Income.

The most important people in OBJ govt were igbos too.

So they are also biafrans too.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by agadez007(m): 11:03pm On Jul 24
Tinubu exposed Yoruba education as a huge scam,imagine tinubu filled the whole office with his tribesmen and for one year they cannot even achieve just one feat

Make I hear una boast about sophistication again
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by ednut1(m): 12:10am On Jul 25
Ali pate is currently working for Tinubu. No impact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by Pasako(m): 2:51am On Jul 25
Racoon:
Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” To Run His Govt - Can Tinubu Learn?

https://x.com/afrisagacity/status/1815747655722778690?t=ylyp-QxFvzJGXnSk3cZeLA&s=19 nlfpmod
check your list well!
Amina was Buhari minister not Goodluck
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by jumobi1(m): 3:14am On Jul 25
Amina Mohammed was under Sai Baba not GEJ
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by nnamdi640: 3:28am On Jul 25
Remman:
This is like comparing Messi (GEJ) to Lampard (Tinubu)! The records will say for itself...
One year in office, Lampard has already destroyed everything

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by nairalanda1(m): 4:32am On Jul 25
opamoses1:

Obasanjo wasted $16B dollars on fixing power. Money went to waste.

That's what I originally thought, until 2013, when the enormity of the financial need of our power sector first struck me.

Once you get it, that 16 bn cannot do nothing....even if it was spent as advertised.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by Tianamen1: 4:44am On Jul 25
nairalanda1:
And by the start of 2015, we were borrowing to pay salaries, and the economy was in freefall, and the revenue was falling, and one of the brains was being honest and saying that whoever wins, the economy is going to crash.

Remember, the period 2008-14 reminds one of the period 1973-82. As someone growing up in the 1980's...by 1991, people were telling us about the good old days of the 1970's and 80's when people were enjoying and when one naira was equal to one dollar....

The same thing happened between 2008-14.

High oil prices fuelled an illusion of a perfect economy. BY the time oil prices crashed, the illusion was gone. It happened in 1982, and it happened again in April 2014.

The first sign that there was palaver with the regime was when GEJ did not totally remove subsides. Problem 1. Problem 2 was the failure to develop a plan to get us off oil. Problem 3 was our very low tax to gdp ratio.

All the above meant that even during the time of plenty, we were taking high loans.

Now, does that mean that Tinubu and Buhari did well? NO. The two of them knew our problem, but chose to keep on spending, and used loans to hide the cracks. Result...by 2023, we had 99 percent of our revenue going to y'know.....

And one can see the same problem in Venezuela...which was not run by PDP or APC....

I will drop this link here. Those who want to read the link and understand why we have issues as a nation economically can read it. Those who want to bow down and praise GEJ, TINUBU and buhari, and all our past leaders since independence, you are free to abuse me and my dog. I defend no one, I never voted for this government, I wish APC had been voted out in 2019 and last year, and I believe we have never had a good government since 1960.....because of the resource curse.

Resource curse

Exceprt..https://www.nairaland.com/7526493/managing-dutch-disease-nigeria-excerpt

That is why despite all the brains we can appoint, NIgeria;s economy has been on a free fall.

DUTCH DISEASE.
This is your best write-up. I agree with 99 per cent of what you wrote. Brilliant work.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by Congrats321(m): 5:37am On Jul 25
You honestly think she's on the run? Have you even heard of interpol? Why are some people so ignorant? Do you even understand what extradition means?

Sapasenator:

How can you convict someone who is on the run
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by Remman(m): 7:45am On Jul 25
nnamdi640:
One year in office, Lampard has already destroyed everything
Very correct!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by grandstar(m): 1:11pm On Jul 25
nairalanda1:
And by the start of 2015, we were borrowing to pay salaries, and the economy was in freefall, and the revenue was falling, and one of the brains was being honest and saying that whoever wins, the economy is going to crash.

Remember, the period 2008-14 reminds one of the period 1973-82. As someone growing up in the 1980's...by 1991, people were telling us about the good old days of the 1970's and 80's when people were enjoying and when one naira was equal to one dollar....

The same thing happened between 2008-14.

High oil prices fuelled an illusion of a perfect economy. BY the time oil prices crashed, the illusion was gone. It happened in 1982, and it happened again in April 2014.

The first sign that there was palaver with the regime was when GEJ did not totally remove subsides. Problem 1. Problem 2 was the failure to develop a plan to get us off oil. Problem 3 was our very low tax to gdp ratio.

All the above meant that even during the time of plenty, we were taking high loans.

Now, does that mean that Tinubu and Buhari did well? NO. The two of them knew our problem, but chose to keep on spending, and used loans to hide the cracks. Result...by 2023, we had 99 percent of our revenue going to y'know.....

And one can see the same problem in Venezuela...which was not run by PDP or APC....

I will drop this link here. Those who want to read the link and understand why we have issues as a nation economically can read it. Those who want to bow down and praise GEJ, TINUBU and buhari, and all our past leaders since independence, you are free to abuse me and my dog. I defend no one, I never voted for this government, I wish APC had been voted out in 2019 and last year, and I believe we have never had a good government since 1960.....because of the resource curse.

Resource curse

Exceprt..https://www.nairaland.com/7526493/managing-dutch-disease-nigeria-excerpt

That is why despite all the brains we can appoint, NIgeria;s economy has been on a free fall.

DUTCH DISEASE.

Your paragraph 5 was point on.

I had long speculated that from 2015, for the economy to grow faster than 5%, structural reforms were necessary.

The disproportionate reliance on oil and gas for both government revenue and forex was no longer enough.

Sadly, the bunker busting incompetence of Buhari just left an incomprehensible mess behind.

Tinubu who is trying to sort out the mess seems to be interfering with economic restructuring. The refusal to deregulate the petrol price, the dovish reaction to inflation despite how high it is, the absence of a privatization and commercialization program and so on are a source of concern.

Tinubu with his body language wants to push further reforms till a second term.

The pity is that the country has no such luxury.

The purported $6bn owed to international oil traders bears this out. That's 2.4% of GDP in 1 year, and the president keeps insisting the subsidy is gone.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by ChiefS(m): 1:28pm On Jul 25
Sapasenator:
Finest brain like Diezani Alison Madueke?

Jonathan was one of the most clueless president Nigeria was ever cursed with, unfortunately Buhari and PBAT are worse in comparison but that does not make Jona any better.
Out of every 12 there is a Judas. Jonathan was not clueless. He might not be an orator or a very strong personality but he was 10 times better than Buhari and Tinubu put together.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by grandstar(m): 7:49pm On Jul 25
Racoon:
-1). Quality of Appointees: Jonathan appointed high caliber people( Okonjo-Iweala, Akinwunmi Adesina, Amina Mohammed efc).

-2). Economic Growth and Development. Nigeria was the 3rd world's fastest growing economy and viable destination for DFI as our GPD was superb. Though the insecurity have started peaking us with the APC forcing it way to the center.

-3). Strength of the Naira: The naira was exchanging @ 216 = $1. But the demons in the APC said it is not OK. Today it is exchanging @ #1543

-4). International Diplomacy; The foreign relations of Nigeria was good as a lots of nations see in us the potential to become a world power. The Nigerian passport still commands high respect globally.

-5). Fuel/Energy. Petrol costs #96/liter but these wicked souls that were involved in the occupy and save Nigeria groups said no, it is so expensive that Jonathan broke his social contrast with Nigerians.

Today the APC have enslaved the same citizens with petrol @ #700/liter while the hypocritical lion-roaring activists of then have even refused to acknowledged the hardship their wicked political choice have inflected upon this nation. The argument have no ending.

The fact remains that President Jonathan left many good legacies comparable to the 2 Disasters and catastrophes that fought to disposed him based on their senseless, impactless, directionless and destructive presidency.

Jonathan lost the election because his government failed. He was a very weak ruler who allowed some fraudulent minsters walk over him. He also allowed corruption to boom under his watch due to his perceive weakness. He won the vote in 2011 due to the perception that he'll turn the economy into a dynamo. He dashed the huge hopes Nigerians placed on him.

Buhari was a bunker busting disaster compared to GEJ, and his Northern fanbase got him a second term. Had they been as well educated as Southern votes, he would have lost the elections.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Assembled “Nigeria’s Finest Brains” by Aurelius1(m): 8:30pm On Jul 25
You won't see Helinues and his cohorts on threads like this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Approves Eni’s Proposal To Sell Agip To Tinubu’s Nephew / Is It True,if Power Is Shifted To South South In 2007 They Will Secede In Collab / After Saula's Death What Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.