Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,301 members, 7,928,956 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 06:22 AM

Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. (582 Views)

Seven Ekiti APC Aspirants Withdraw Amid Protest, Call For Cancellation / Dogonyaro’s Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985 / 'Revolution Now' Protest By Sowore: Live Updates On August 5th Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Femizin: 8:57am On Jul 25
Amid plans for a nationwide protest, Oro festivals and Osun Oshogbo festivals has been fixed on same days as these protests. Read more about this here.

https://www.mavisblog.com.ng/2024/07/yoruba-oro-osun-oshogbo-festivals-fixed.html

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by ClearFlair: 8:58am On Jul 25
Funny
Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:14am On Jul 25
I understand what the 2020 protest was projected at and we all participated in it which yielded the result of nullifying the SARS, even though we still have Police atrocities too, but my question is what is the end game of this protest?

If it's because prices have gone up, you must be deluded because this is our new economic reality, price of commodities may have gone up but there's way too many advantages to it but most Nigerian youths are lazy, the only thing they know is drinking, smoking and having children with one teenage girl they are not married to

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Mystic216: 9:28am On Jul 25
Tajbol4splend:
I understand what the 2020 protest was projected at and we all participated in it which yielded the result of nullifying the SARS, even though we still have Police atrocities too, but my question is what is the end game of this protest?

If it's because prices have gone up, you must be deluded because this is our new economic reality, price of commodities may have gone up but there's way too many advantages to it but most Nigerian youths are lazy, the only thing they know is drinking, smoking and having children with one teenage girl they are not married to
🚮
Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Jokerman(m): 9:43am On Jul 25
What bothers me is a Christian or Muslim supporting Oro...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by CyrusVI(m): 9:45am On Jul 25
Jokerman:

And what are u proofs to support this??

Besides, Yorubas are very tolerant and would stand in the way of people with a diff religious belief...thats why they have almost equal numbers of Christains and muslims
Traditionalists go do their thing and christians go go their church
Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Melagros(m): 9:49am On Jul 25
COMRADES, that doesn't bother us, what will happen, will definitely happen that day

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by JAMO84: 9:52am On Jul 25
This is the result of 2020 mass destruction in the SW, those whose states weren't burnt down like Lagos would not understand why Lagos and other Yoruba land must be protected at all cost. Anyone who has a message to give the President should direct it to Abuja.

16 Likes

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by mrvitalis(m): 9:53am On Jul 25
Tajbol4splend:

Do u have a business ? If yes what business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Racoon(m): 10:00am On Jul 25
Lagos was the center of the June 12 riots and uprisings?
Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Jokerman(m): 10:01am On Jul 25
CyrusVI:

And what are u proofs to support this??

Besides, Yorubas are very tolerant and would stand in the way of people with a diff religious belief...thats why they have almost equal numbers of Christains and muslims
Traditionalists go do their thing and christians go go their church

But a Christian must never bow down to false idols... Anyone who does otherwise cannot call himself a Christian.

Same as a Muslim

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by fourboys: 10:03am On Jul 25
The gods don see APC moniii grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Morenikeji090(m): 10:40am On Jul 25
Yes coz Abuja is the federal capital..
JAMO84:
This is the result of 2020 mass destruction in the SW, those whose states weren't burnt down like Lagos would not understand why Lagos and other Yoruba land must be protected at all cost. Anyone who has a message to give the President should direct it to Abuja.

15 Likes

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by papyjaypaul: 11:11am On Jul 25
Femizin:
Amid plans for a nationwide protest, Oro festivals and Osun Oshogbo festivals has been fixed on same days as these protests. Read more about this here.

https://www.mavisblog.com.ng/2024/07/yoruba-oro-osun-oshogbo-festivals-fixed.html

You attached the wrong pucture because you don't know what it is for.
Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by toneroforever(m): 12:14pm On Jul 25
Tajbol4splend:

Senseless
Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Chinkoalhaji34: 1:07pm On Jul 25
Toh, the festival must go on! Yoruba culture is rich, and these celebrations are a testament to our heritage. Protests or not, let the spirit of Oshogbo shine through!

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Jokerman(m): 1:26pm On Jul 25
Chinkoalhaji34:
Toh, the festival must go on! Yoruba culture is rich, and these celebrations are a testament to our heritage. Protests or not, let the spirit of Oshogbo shine through!

Hope you are not a Christian or a Muslim?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Salewa97: 1:32pm On Jul 25
Yoruba culture is rich and vibrant. Festivals like these are essential for our heritage!

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Thormentor: 2:23pm On Jul 25
BATardized culture grin

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Thormentor: 2:24pm On Jul 25
cheesy

Cultural festival reduced to politics

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Thormentor: 2:25pm On Jul 25
evidently the Yorubas in twitter are different from the Ronu terrorists crawling over here in nairaland grin

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Thormentor: 2:26pm On Jul 25
Rich culture used messed up for political points grin

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Thormentor: 2:27pm On Jul 25
I'm glad the real omoluabi are speaking intelligently as always

Ronu terrorists wont stop the protest unfortunately grin

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Goodvibes007: 2:28pm On Jul 25
Jokerman:

The Ooni goes to church. The Alaafin goes to a mosque but they are also traditional worshipers. Muslims marry Christian in the SW.

We don't play Boko Haram style of religion. Or Ibo fanatical christianity.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Thormentor: 2:32pm On Jul 25
Goodvibes007:

The Ooni goes to church. The Alaafin goes to a mosque but they are also traditional worshipers.

That's why your Oro has been BATardised grin

I'm glad real Yorubas are speaking Ronu terrorists cool

Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Jokerman(m): 2:53pm On Jul 25
Goodvibes007:

The Ooni goes to church. The Alaafin goes to a mosque but they are also traditional worshipers. Muslims marry Christian in the SW.

No true Christian, who has heaven on mind, and has accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Personal Saviour will have his/her mind to worship other false smaller gods like Oro, Amadioha etc.... except those destined for destruction, but I trust my lord to save many of us
Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Beautifulday: 3:05pm On Jul 25
After the protest nobody will talk about oro again if Oro come out. It will be demystified for ever.
Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by chopnaira: 3:07pm On Jul 25
Beautifulday:
After the protest nobody will talk about oro again if Oro come out. It will be demystified for ever.
Dey okay.
Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by chopnaira: 3:07pm On Jul 25
Jokerman:

No true Christian, who has heaven on mind, and has accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Personal Saviour will have his/her mind to worship other false smaller gods like Oro, Amadioha etc.... except those destined for destruction, but I trust my lord to save many of us
Like the Soun of Ogbomosho abi. A RCCG pastor that became a traditional king.

In Yorubaland, there is a popular saying, especially if you grew up in a Yoruba household:

" A kin gba werey mo esin.."

meaning we don't become fanatics and mad about Abrahamic religion.
Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by nedu666: 3:07pm On Jul 25
Tajbol4splend:

Really inflation has advantages. Hyper inflation has advantages.
Do you think before you post a comment or you just feel you must comment.
Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by Beautifulday: 3:10pm On Jul 25
chopnaira:

Dey okay.

Lol! Wetin Oba see leave him throne run. You think say nah small thing? The biggest government is the people.
Re: Yoruba Oro, Osun Oshogbo Festivals Fixed On August Amid Protest Calls. by adekolaelect(m): 3:19pm On Jul 25
Jokerman:

But you are not bother by Yorubas, Ogbos or Ahisas that supported Islam or Christianity?

(1) (2) (Reply)

DAY 7: Massive Protest Continue In Portharcourt / Why Igbo Failed To This?.. / You Fix Your Salaries, Allowances Yourself, It Is Immoral - Obasanjo (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.