Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,822 members, 7,902,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:25 PM

Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? (44160 Views)

Cooking:Why Should The Man Be In The Kitchen? / Nigerian Wives Say They Prefer To Hire Filipino Nannies To Nigerian Nannies / House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by Mikel99(m): 5:01pm On Jul 25
It is explicitly stated in the Quran that the affairs of women are majorly in the HOUSE. And I agree with that. Advocating for husband and wife co-cooking is not wrong and not entirely right. It is right in the sense that it is a form of family romance. It is wrong in the sense that it creates room for cheating and unfaithfulness. We all know that the way to a man's heart is his stomach. When the wife is not cooking for her husband,the husband can seek out alternatives. The worst of them is having a side chick outside who knows how to cook. Women will still be the ones to claim victim when their husbands are eating outside and having side chicks who take care of their stomach needs.
If we check well, one of the major reasons why husbands cheat on their wives or have side chicks outside because their wives don't cook for them.The society is Just too hasty to judge men.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by yahmohy27: 5:02pm On Jul 25
VinnyBaba:
Our Nigerian Ladies can Visit and cook for their YAHOO boy Boyfriend at every Hour he Desires
But once they get Married to a Man, Cooking becomes STRESS for them. undecided

They start Disturbing the Husband for Housemaid.
But during their University Days, some of these same Ladies Co-habited and cooked for their Boyfriend before going for Lectures. sad sad

PLEASE, MARRIED MEN AND WOMEN HERE, What's the Cause of This? πŸ€”πŸ˜’

because Many Married men do NOT have Breakfast b4 going to Work
as their Wives always claim they are Tired. 😟
I'm not surprised at all ,why would a lady trying to collect free money and eat free and better food get tired? Meaning there must be that energy cuz free thing is going to follow it and besides not everyday and she does it at her own free will ,so it not comparable
As for wives ,it depends on the type of lady you married and how you treat/ spoil her
If by mistake you start by buying foods from outside anytime she claim to be having headaches then she will eventually build on that especially if she likes what bring home as foods from outside........Ladies are different sha

4 Likes

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by sherylbaky(f): 5:05pm On Jul 25
Kukutenla:

You can be rest assured that majority of those liking your post are same women you hate.
You know why, women read selectively. They'll psychologically jump and pass your paragraph 2
Reason I didn't tap the like button πŸ˜…

1 Like

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by Wahala90: 5:07pm On Jul 25
abc115:

Olodo, we are not spending dollars and no civil servant will receive less than 110k because no one is on level 1 step 1 . Entry level for school cert is level 4

Your certificate must be missing. Every sensible person knows that those figures are the various minimum wage figures expressed in dollar at corresponding periods. No need going further because I know your sense can't grasp the concept of inflation and purchasing power.

1 Like

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by Idaytesj29(m): 5:08pm On Jul 25
VinnyBaba:
Our Nigerian Ladies can Visit and cook for their YAHOO boy Boyfriend at every Hour he Desires

But during their University Days, some of these same Ladies Co-habited and cooked for their Boyfriend before going for Lectures. sad sad

To make love to you sef gan go become stress. See forget about being well fed or having a lot of sex cos you are married. It's 50/50, depending on the woman you are with.

When we accuse some men of having girlfriend or side chick or marrying a second wife, this is one major cause. You marry a woman finish like this, she just stopped performing her responsibilities. Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by Mikel99(m): 5:10pm On Jul 25
Men should be able to cook if their wives are in demanding occupations that require them to travel a lot so that they will be able to cook for their children if their wives are not around.

3 Likes

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by victorDanladi: 5:13pm On Jul 25
Obierika:

Do you still do campaign after election victory? grin
Yes...if the opposition party will not let us hear word with their frustration and pains!
Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by victorDanladi: 5:14pm On Jul 25
showby:
Hehehe!
Add Abacha minimum wage na...Abacha,babangida and obasanjo.
Or did Nigeria start with GEJ?
Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by Brownemeka: 5:15pm On Jul 25
VinnyBaba:

A Man should be able to cook... cooking doesn't make someone less of a Man...I cook in my home most times...I go to the market to buy foodstuffs most times...I wash dishes most times...my wife and I are happy in love...I don't do those things to please my wife...I do them because is what I'm used to even before I married Her.. sometimes when I'm at home and doing nothing...I pick dirty clothes and wash them... including my wife's clothes... marriage is about understanding...is not rocket science... the important thing is just to marry a woman who loves and respect U... doing those things won't be difficult for You... sometimes me and my wife will be joking about who's the better cook among us...so we do everything together in love...it makes my home full of love... even when we don't have enough money to do basic things....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by sherylbaky(f): 5:21pm On Jul 25
efighter:

Stop saying this outside, you are disgracing your family. Nobody will read this and allow their family member to marry from this dysfunctional family you painted
He has a responsible and loving father

2 Likes

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by Don27tiky(m): 5:23pm On Jul 25
Zonefree:

This is wrong and also the reason most marriage fail.

My dad used to cook better egusi soup with tomatoes back then. I don't know where he learnt that, maybe Lagos, cos that's where he grew up. Na me dey help am grind the tomatoes while my mum , sister and other siblings will be watching movies at the sitting room.

Cooking doesn't stop a man from being a man.
yes that’s the reason why many marriages fail. Why will a man wake up early morning preparing for work and cooking what he will eat when he has a wife sleeping. Of course such marriage will not last. If he has a female colleague that gives him food then the wife is a goner

1 Like

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by sherylbaky(f): 5:26pm On Jul 25
Berankis:

Na see finish dey cause am. And somehow I dey believe say women are lazier than men. Their complaints dey pass work wey them dey do. Men work hard and quietly... May be becos they are always expected to work hard and provide for the family. So, they have resolved to their fate, while women come into marriage with the mentality of - I will be taken care of.
Na so God program am, naturally the energy of a woman cannot be compared to that of a man. I'm not saying one should therefore enslave the other, but we are meant to always help eachother.

3 Likes

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by deavicky(m): 5:47pm On Jul 25
Zonefree:

This is wrong and also the reason most marriage fail.

My dad used to cook better egusi soup with tomatoes back then. I don't know where he learnt that, maybe Lagos, cos that's where he grew up. Na me dey help am grind the tomatoes while my mum , sister and other siblings will be watching movies at the sitting room.

Cooking doesn't stop a man from being a man.
go and marry then continue cooking while ur wife and daughters watch TV and see how it will end. Go ask ur father why he take the pain to cook, u will realise that ur mum can not cook that dish well that why ur dad is going through that

1 Like

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by Neoteny(m): 5:51pm On Jul 25
VinnyBaba:

Soo... you used a picture of an obviously married woman cooking to insinuate married women don't cook.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by Medici777: 5:58pm On Jul 25
Do you know how early the woman would have to wake up to prepare breakfast?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by femi4: 6:01pm On Jul 25
VinnyBaba:

People always claim to be versatile n hardworking before you employ them. After getting the job, they will now claim they can only work in their field

1 Like

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by aalangel(f): 6:05pm On Jul 25
VinnyBaba:

Not true.
Married for 14 years.
No maid has ever cooked for my husband.
I've been waking 4am for like almost my whole married life to make breakfast for the family.

....and there are many women like that.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by purples25(f): 6:13pm On Jul 25
Mikel99:
It is explicitly stated in the Quran that the affairs of women are majorly in the HOUSE. And I agree with that. Advocating for husband and wife co-cooking is not wrong and not entirely right. It is right in the sense that it is a form of family romance. It is wrong in the sense that [b]it creates room for cheating and unfaithfulness.[/b]We all know that the way to a man's heart is his stomach. When the wife is not cooking for her husband,the husband can seek out alternatives. The worst of them is having a side chick outside who knows how to cook. Women will still be the ones to claim victim when their husbands are eating outside and having side chicks who take care of their stomach needs.
If we check well, one of the major reasons why husbands cheat on their wives or have side chicks outside because their wives don't cook for them.The society is Just too hasty to judge men.

So men have what creates room for unfaithfulness. Una dey enjoy.

I no think say woman get any room sef, talk of what will create the room for the unfaithfulness.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by purples25(f): 6:17pm On Jul 25
Don27tiky:
yes that’s the reason why many marriages fail. Why will a man wake up early morning preparing for work and cooking what he will eat when he has a wife sleeping. Of course such marriage will not last. If he has a female colleague that gives him food then the wife is a goner

Should this theory also apply for women who don't see money from their husbands, should they also collect money from workmates? So that we can know we are equal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by bigcasava1(m): 6:28pm On Jul 25
VinnyBaba:

if my wife allow house help cook for me I go bleep the house help

1 Like

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by missyblissy: 6:49pm On Jul 25
It depends on the training the girl received from her mom, as all fingers are not equal and not all women are the same. I cook for my family every day before I leave for work at 7 am, and I get home late most times, around 8 pm or 9 pm. So cooking is easy for me because my mom trained us to wake up at 5 am to clean the house and cook. I am used to it, so it's easy for me. Please don't compare women, as some women do their cooking over the weekend.

My dad is a better cook than my mom, and we love it whenever he cooks for us. His food is very delicious.

Men learn how to cook, so some ladies won't use food to do shakara for you

3 Likes

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by descarado: 6:50pm On Jul 25
VinnyBaba:

These are men better than you in everything and making their food. What stops you. Who told you cooking is meant for the wive alone?

2 Likes

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by Laideabdulahi: 7:15pm On Jul 25
Zonefree:
Men should try and learn how to cook. Don't allow any woman hold you hostage because of food.

If she refuse cooking, enter kitchen, make your meal, eat and bounce. Then, deprive her of things she normally gets from you.

I hate to see men complain about food every time. Cooking is a basic survival instinct not gender based.

Men, don't need to learn how to cook. It is not compulsory,
They can easily find a good bukka and go eat.
The #1500 meal i was served sef, I didnt finish this afternoon. The egusi was very nice
Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by PeaceMaker24: 7:39pm On Jul 25
Obviously nobody campaigns after Elections

1 Like

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by Love800(m): 7:50pm On Jul 25
So what is ur point actually?
1Sharon:
If your wife refuses to cook for you, you'll sit there and starve?

1 Like

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by Love800(m): 8:05pm On Jul 25
18,000 will get one two bag of rices in 2015?
michaelang:

Yes 18,000 will get you two bags of rice, while 70,000 can't buy you one
Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by Love800(m): 8:14pm On Jul 25
What do you mean by "most times"? Is it when ur wife is down and tired or when she is agile and watching Netflix?
Brownemeka:
A Man should be able to cook... cooking doesn't make someone less of a Man...I cook in my home most times...I go to the market to buy foodstuffs most times...I wash dishes most times...my wife and I are happy in love...I don't do those things to please my wife...I do them because is what I'm used to even before I married Her.. sometimes when I'm at home and doing nothing...I pick dirty clothes and wash them... including my wife's clothes... marriage is about understanding...is not rocket science... the important thing is just to marry a woman who loves and respect U... doing those things won't be difficult for You... sometimes me and my wife will be joking about who's the better cook among us...so we do everything together in love...it makes my home full of love... even when we don't have enough money to do basic things....

1 Like

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by Giftcelestine(m): 8:16pm On Jul 25
If your wife refuses to cook you will starve
Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by Saintmary(f): 8:25pm On Jul 25
VinnyBaba:

Boyfriend gives you all the sex you want, while husband is too tired from plenty side chicks.

No be me talk am o

1 Like

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by Lovelydaisies: 8:29pm On Jul 25
GRACEGLORY:
As simple as cooking sounds, it could be difficult when either of the party is tired. Many women burn water on fire let alone foods. And some house getting burnt could have been saved if a tired person had not forgotten food on fire as a result of being tired.

It is the job of the husband and wife to manage the house, which includes cooking and providing revenue for the household. If both husband and wife work, they should share cooking responsibilities. If only the husband works, the wife is responsible for cooking; however, the husband should assist her in cooking.
Here in lies wisdom.

You have spoken well.

3 Likes

Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by LabStores: 8:42pm On Jul 25
VinnyBaba:

Agreed, But in Marriage Setting, a Husband should NOT be cooking when the Wife is in that Living space with him. undecided

Most of our Girls who Date YAHOO boys, they cook at the Guy's Beck and call. smiley

But when they get into Marriage, Most claim Tiredness. embarassed sad
Re: Cooking: Why Do Some Nigerian Wives Do This? by Xpol: 9:06pm On Jul 25
MaziObinnaokija:
Wen you marry MBEKE with LONG NAIL,JEZEBELS eyelashes, behave like somebody wey nor dey drink GARRI plus EPA.U take her to those sophisticated eatery, instead of buka ,.U MARRIED A LIABILITY, USELESS THING. and the RESULT u get is I YAM TIRE sad sad.

Enter village/Town go find wife material nor these nowadays things that tied ⛓️ πŸ”— ⛓️ πŸ”— on their legs, wear short/jumpers around. Some of them are EMPTY UPSTAIRS
This notion of getting better housewives from village is long gone. These days when village girls open eyes for cities na cry dey always end am.

Concerning the topic, both my wife and I are working, most times I close before her, it's not compulsory to cook before the family eat so men should stop that kind of mindset, if your wife no cook and you think cooking is always an easy task, oga enter kitchen and Cook for the family.

As for me, I'm not good in that aspect so whenever wifey can't cook na buy we dey buy food and I'm always ok with that, how do you expect somebody daughter to close late at night and still enter kitchen. Na lack of understanding dey break most homes. Women go don tire like kilode Dem go reach house still enter kitchen no be say e easy for them but they just wan please the family.

Make her full housewife and be taking care of her needs then I'll blame the wife for not always cooking for you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf / Woman Attacks Co-Wife With Hot Water In Plateau State (Graphic Pic) / Marriage Gone Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.