Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,479 members, 7,978,562 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 10:18 AM

5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye (25007 Views)

Northern Group Writes I.G Of Police, DSS On The Planned Protest. / I Am Now Fully Obidient - See The Reasons - Odewale Adesoye / No Politician Is Worth Fighting For - Odewale Adesoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by MaziObinnaokija: 3:58pm On Jul 25
cool Even though I'm IGBO man,i still remember this Evergreen song of King Sunny Ade* E KILO F'OMODE****
Odewaleadesoye:

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.[/font]
Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by blaise26abj(m): 3:58pm On Jul 25
Release Kanu ? One of the demands ? Sowore is very stupid for this . I think he has been bribed to douse the zeal for the protest .

Letting Sowore hijack this protest will result in chaos . During Endsars , he was trying to push the revolution now agenda but the protesting youths shut him down . Same with the LGBTQRSTUV people. The real protest across the country was peaceful and it was hijacked by hoodlums .

We don’t need protest . We need a national reform starting from every individual . The nation is super corrupt
Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by Angelfrost(m): 3:58pm On Jul 25
Oga, stick to BBNaija topics abeg.

Would there be protests or any need for protests if the nation is properly run?!!

Look at the threads and energy you guys spend on preventing protests...

If you all devoted the same energy and threads towards correcting and curbing poor governance, things might improve.

All of una go lock up in the face of retrogressing sectors of the nation, but suddenly become vociferous when citizens decide that they can't continue suffering.

Selfish people!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by MikeofKd(m): 3:58pm On Jul 25
For the past few days the Nigerian government hasn't been having any peace of mind due to the nationwide protest set to hold on the 1st of August 2024.

I honestly think Nigerians have had enough , we've been toyed with , we've been humiliated and intimidated a lot, I think its now time for Nigerians to demonstrate through a protest how government should represent her citizens and not turn deaf ears to her pleads, enough is enough.

My only prayer is that, this protest doesnt get hijacked; reference to what happened during the end Sars protest where people's businesses were being looted. There's enough hunger and anger in the land , lets show this government that we the people are the real power and They are just mere representatives.

Let's protest in unity and solidarity , The problems of Nigeria are too numerous in this 21st century where issues of power supply shouldn't even still be a problem but yet it's one of our major problems , what about inflation, insecurity ? You can't even travel on road as freely as you would back in the days , these days kidnappers would kidnap a poor member and lets the family go and squeeze their already poor selves for money , bandits too , common , who did we offend , what sins did we commit to be facing all these undue hardships , haba mana !!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by Truthsandtrusts: 3:59pm On Jul 25
Odewaleadesoye:

Your head nor correct

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by tishbite42: 4:00pm On Jul 25
Beautifulday:

The exile happened after the protest.
Na Fasehun dem protest
Sowore them
Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by Smartcitizen: 4:00pm On Jul 25
EreluRoz:
Don't join any protest. Op is young and cute. He's advertising himself for the interested ones 😂

Waooo!

How times flies.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by NaijaCover(m): 4:01pm On Jul 25
Following
Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by condralbedez: 4:01pm On Jul 25
Where you not an adult when Tinubu and his tribesmen lead protest against GEJ,what was your stand thenlets see your post that time to counter the protest....tribal sentiments has ravaged this nation.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by Fernandeswagger(m): 4:02pm On Jul 25
Beautifulday:
Those who think twice about life have never mattered. Life one deadly opportunity. If you miss it. You are done.

Tinubu would have been nothing without NADECO protest.

People talk about dying as if it is a big deal. Anybody can die anytime. People commit suicide everyday.

The big question is.

What did you do with your life before you die?

Living 10000 year begging and being oppressed is not living.

It is better to die for something than to live for nothing.

Words on marble!!!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by placeofallure(f): 4:02pm On Jul 25
CyrusVI:

That u think everyone is a closet bigot is baffling

U even think he; 's saying all these because he is Yoruba

This even makes me wonder if u guys are pushing for this without any ulterior motive

It's not about Obi... don't make it about him. It's just about safety and logical reasoning

This is the exact thing I told some people on another platform but they think I'm suffering and dying of hunger so my brain is corroded. By God's grace, I eat well and I'm not exactly suffering but these protests don't end well. The night of END SARS, I never slept one bit and I cried till morning. I don't have any relatives among the victims, not even remotely, but they're humans and blood runs in their veins. My goods were not looted but they belong to some Nigerians who work hard for their daily resources.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Obi, Hausa, Yoruba, or Igbó. It's about humanity. Will people be safe protesting? Will some unscrupulous elements or overzealous zombies not hijack the protest? Will people's businesses and properties be protected? Will we have a Utopia after the protest? Consider these things before you carry that placard. As far as I know, in Nigeria, there's nothing like a peaceful protest. The word 'peaceful' is a mere appendage, nothing more than that!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by ElevationD: 4:02pm On Jul 25
haslaw:
Alex Otti is paying their fada 18K and is still owing many months of salaries yet it is Lagos that is paying over N70,000 without owing any month they want to protest.

Go home to the SE and protest for the sake of your fada

I am not a Lagosian but I fully support Lagos people that insist that let everyone go back to his state and protest.

Must IIGB0S protest in Lagos?
Why are IIGB0S hell bent on protesting in Lagos?
Do IIGB0S have a diabolical and sinister reason for desperately wanting to protest at all cost in Lagos?
The worst governors in the history of Nigeria are in SE yet IIGB0S are not making efforts to protest in the SE
IIGB0S have not protested Monday sit-at-home that has been going on for years yet want to protest in Lagos
IIGB0S have not protested the wanton killings by IP0B and UGM yet are desperate to protest in Lagos

This protest is just another ploy for Chinasa/Charlyboy/IP0B/0BIDIENTS to burn down Lagos

Says a fellow who’s not a Lagosian and thinks that the protests are meant to destroy properties in Lagos

Says a fellow who has never paid taxes

Says a fellow who does not know that the Igbos lost billions in cash and properties in the endsars protests because of tribal sentiments by reckless social media talkers like him.

Says a fellow who does not know his left or right.

Says a fellow who can only rant on social media

Says a fellow who wants to reap from where he did not sow

Says a fellow who’s only thinking is tribalistic

Says a fellow who thinks everyone should be impoverished.

Says a fellow who was not even born when BAT was protesting with NADECO against Abacha

Says a fellow who was not born when Nigerians protested against IBB in 1993

Says a fellow who does not know that the protest is not sectional

Says a fellow who does not know that if BAT was not in power, he would join protests demanding for a better society

Says a fellow who does not know that protests are meant to demand for better conditions of living from those voted for into power.

Before commenting about Igbos, please take a look at that mirror in front of you. Look at your tolotolo neck and ask yourself some deep questions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by Bluegrass727: 4:02pm On Jul 25
We should learn to attack the issues we are facing and not any tribe we dislike for unjustifiable reasons.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by zagorakis(m): 4:03pm On Jul 25
OP how much did they pay you? No matter what the protest must hold.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by bixton(m): 4:03pm On Jul 25
Odewaleadesoye:

No one plans that the protest turns disruptive but I guess that's why the security operatives are for and even if it does turns disruptive then it means those who caused it are sponsored by those who don't want the protest to be.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by Kennitrust(m): 4:03pm On Jul 25
SadiqBabaSani:
Good points made unlike thos cursed animals that call them selves corn warriors.

May their end be as they wish other Nigerian suffering masses
If you protest, you die

If you don't protest, you die

So it better to die for something than to die for nothing.

The situation of Nigeria today is already "a mass killing weapon" and we have the duty to rescue ourselves and the generation unborn

Protest against bad government is inevitable for all well meaning Nigerians

I'm coming well prepared

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by mysticwarrior(m): 4:03pm On Jul 25
LoveTalk:
I think you are very correct because I don't see this protest changing anything
Most times, it leads to violence and lost of lives
Though people are hungry and angry as well. Seriously, Nigeria is bleeding but these protests don't work
The Endsars protest led to violence and at the end of the day the purpose of that protest was actualized. If this coming protest is going to lead to violence in order for the hardship, and bad government to be brought to a reduction of an understandable level then it's welcomed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by lereinter(m): 4:04pm On Jul 25
First you are cursed

The evil happening in nigeria will reside in your life and generation forever

Nobody will plead your cause

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by Tresh339: 4:04pm On Jul 25
Do we need to think twice when we have already been thinking more than one million times based on this APC led suffering

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by haslaw(m): 4:05pm On Jul 25
Mitsurugi:

To call you a pig is tempting.

Just go back to Abia and protest

There are many reasons to protest in the SE such as UGM, sit-at-home, baby factory etc
Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by Anguldi(m): 4:06pm On Jul 25
Odewaleadesoye:

Pure Agbado Advice undecided💯

Meanwhile, How's Gombe , Hope you are in a safe part. Just Incase things turn out awry !!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by Blackdisciple(m): 4:07pm On Jul 25
Oga forget that 5 points you have written.....

Besides hijacking of protest is caused by the government itself

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by haslaw(m): 4:08pm On Jul 25
Cowrdyorubas:

Rabid tu Face Dog

There are many reasons to protest in the SE such as UGM, sit-at-home, baby factory etc
Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by haslaw(m): 4:08pm On Jul 25
ElevationD:

Says a fellow who’s not a Lagosian and thinks that the protests are meant to destroy properties in Lagos

Says a fellow who has never paid taxes

Says a fellow who does not know that the Igbos lost billions in cash and properties in the endsars protests because of tribal sentiments by reckless social media talkers like him.

Says a fellow who does not know his left or right.

Says a fellow who can only rant on social media

Says a fellow who wants to reap from where he did not sow

Says a fellow who’s only thinking is tribalistic

Says a fellow who thinks everyone should be impoverished.

Says a fellow who was not even born when BAT was protesting with NADECO against Abacha

Says a fellow who was not born when Nigerians protested against IBB in 1993

Says a fellow who does not know that the protest is not sectional

Says a fellow who does not know that if BAT was not in power, he would join protests demanding for a better society

Says a fellow who does not know that protests are meant to demand for better conditions of living from those voted for into power.

Before commenting about Igbos, please take a look at that mirror in front of you. Look at your tolotolo neck and ask yourself some deep questions.

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by Yadaddy(m): 4:09pm On Jul 25
The more government is trying to stop the citizens from protesting, the more the protest is gaining momentum. All these people crying foul now, have led many protests in the past.
Why are they all hitting on the protest being hijacked?
The truth is every hijacked protest is been done by the Government.
Peaceful protest is one of the fundamental human rights of every citizen..
Instead of trying to suppress the citizens from protesting, they should simply provide security like GEJ did.
Imagine fixing oro festival on that same period, they are just been petty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by Deefirm: 4:10pm On Jul 25
By their name you shall know the reason for their wack write up/summation.

Odewaleadesoye:

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by livebullet(m): 4:13pm On Jul 25
Odewaleadesoye:

I will join the protests when the mob begin to move to the the seats of power. Otherwise I cannot be in a protest that will be we against we.
Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by Seunfretty: 4:13pm On Jul 25
Leave the English let people protest...why are u Been concerned about people's life and property ...is it ur property...not everyone will be a coward that will only come and rant on social media ...not everyone will lack the balls to demand for a good life

I ask u ...go check the book of history ..which nation ever got it right talking what belongs to them with leaf hands....u think government of Nigeria don't know what to do in some segments to make life better ?....they are not stupid bro...they just can't do it cos it will mean Doom for their contemporaries and allies...

Some of us fuell our cars with the money we should have saved to make a good life ...some corperw graduated today and will revert back to their parents house for meal everyday...some will retort to selling petty tings on line cos they don't have any connect to get a good job....some of them will face sporty bet and hope for a miracle .

Is that the kind of life u want ur children to come up with.... some of u still can afford a good meal...but fingers are not equal and will never be...the basic need if life must be affordable for every citizen...beans is almost 6k per congo...bread is 1500....and u come up here and tell people not to protest...don't u have any shame
Don't u feel u are nothing but a dirty coward....

Kindly keep your opinion to yourself and let people who want to fight for the future of their kids do it if yours is inconsiquential to you

Sela!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by ChrisblaOffurum: 4:14pm On Jul 25
THE TIME IS NOW smiley cool

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by Andrea781: 4:16pm On Jul 25
Odewaleadesoye:

This Op is too young to understand the pains people are passing through and rot in the government

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by 66ungs(m): 4:17pm On Jul 25
Omo ale ni guy e sha

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Think Twice Before Joining The Planned Protest - Odewale Adesoye by Zealag(m): 4:17pm On Jul 25
Protest or no protest things will still continue been worst,with out protest FG can make things better but their selfish and greedy mentality won’t allow them,bunch of corrupt clowns 🤡 please don’t go and kill your self for nothing.no be today nyash Dey back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! / Polls Celebration Gone Wrong: Lamido’s Aide Kills One, Injures 4 With Car / Buhari Arrives Nigeria From Saudi Arabia And Qatar (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.