Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,831 members, 7,902,648 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:51 PM

When Is The Best Time To Tender My Resignation Letter? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Is The Best Time To Tender My Resignation Letter? (123 Views)

Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. / Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? / The Perfect Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is The Best Time To Tender My Resignation Letter? by GravityDefier: 10:20am On Jul 25
Have scaled through to the third stage of the screening process in two different organisations and I have been requested to submit my credentials and other necessary papers. Inner source has revealed that offer letter in one of the organisations will arrive this week and training is likely to commence on the 1st of August but haven't received the offer letter yet.

When will it be best to tender a resignation letter to my boss and the management of my organisation so that it won't be too hasty for them to bring a replacement for training. Do I wait until I get offer letter before doing so?

My resignation letter is ready but haven't submitted yet. I'm holding to the bird at hand before letting go for the two in the bush grin

Pls, I need insight on how it is done.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Time To Tender My Resignation Letter? by EreluRoz: 10:22am On Jul 25
Don't resign till you get your appointment letter in your hand. Be smart

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Time To Tender My Resignation Letter? by Solofresh2: 10:58am On Jul 25
You can take some days leave for the training.
Resign only when you have fully gotten the job and told to resume
Re: When Is The Best Time To Tender My Resignation Letter? by GravityDefier: 1:26pm On Jul 25
Solofresh2:
You can take some days leave for the training.
Resign only when you have fully gotten the job and told to resume
My leave is not yet due.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Tender My Resignation Letter? by GravityDefier: 1:30pm On Jul 25
EreluRoz:
Don't resign till you get your appointment letter in your hand. Be smart
Noted
Re: When Is The Best Time To Tender My Resignation Letter? by IyaTola: 5:21pm On Jul 25
If you haven't seen the offer letter don't resign because a friend had similar issues. Insider sources gave him the info (which was not legit yet), he immediately resign unfortunately it was actually a hearsay based on I hear when them talk am, the changed their mind and went for the less qualified candidate. His job hunting currently
Re: When Is The Best Time To Tender My Resignation Letter? by Esthered: 9:15am
Dear OP, when the offer letter drops, resign. Your worry may be about the salary and if the new opportunity is worth it, forfeit it.
I got my letter on a Wednesday to resume training school on Monday in 2019. I resigned on Friday sef. Although it's risky but for entry level role, worth it for me.
I never looked back and I don't have regrets.
Remember that employers don't notify before disengagement of staff especially when they want downsize and if you drop dead, there's a replacement waiting.

(1) (Reply)

. / Gis Training In Portharcourt / All Writing Related Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.