Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,350 members, 7,937,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:09 PM

Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest (32613 Views)

NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike / Yahaya Bello Explains Why Fani-Kayode Did Not Join APC / FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by Stayingalive: 5:34pm On Jul 25
JASONjnr:
There should be protest....

But let all of us return to our respective states to protest and call our state governors to order....

The hardship is across the nation and not in cities like Abuja and Lagos alone.....
You just dey online since dey foam for mouth
Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by VTJN(m): 5:34pm On Jul 25
phemray:

That protest you are mentioning came after Jonathan has stayed more than 3 years
you want us to die before emilokan 3 years in office?

1 Like

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by nnamdi640: 5:34pm On Jul 25
JASONjnr:

Oga Wiseman, are you saying that "sit at home" helping ibos to generate revenues in those Ibo states?

Since you're not tribal and sentimental, why can't you condemn the act cause by UGM?

Why are you protesting for hardship when you never protested against terrorism in your region?

You must be really stupid to accept one wrong and condemn another wrong.

Terrorism is not just in the east alone, why concentrating in the east when one of the person leading the protest is even a Yoruba man. Am sure hatred has made you to run m*d for comparing sit at home to protest against hardship. You just need to check yourself at Yaba ment*l hospital
Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by Subonbon(m): 5:35pm On Jul 25
Dpharisee:
Is Nairaland now a Government operated anti protest website?
What's happening here, while I don't give a damn about any protest but pushing thread after thread against peaceful protests shows grotesque bias by the Mods and owners of this site.
How much did Bayo Onanuga pay to promote the kind of threads I have been seeing on FP?
i wonder o!!

1 Like

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by JASONjnr(m): 5:37pm On Jul 25
nnamdi640:

Terrorism is not just in the east alone, why concentrating in the east when one of the person leading the protest is even a Yoruba man. Am sure hatred has made you to run m*d for comparing sit at home to protest against hardship. You just need to check yourself at Yaba ment*l hospital

Is the Yoruba person leading the protest in the east or north or in his state of origin?

Why you go follow person go him house to go fight him family member? You no get shame? Abi you be mumu ni?
Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by VTJN(m): 5:37pm On Jul 25
JASONjnr:

Go to your state and hold your governor accountable..... Leave Lagos for lagosians.....
when I'm protesting you can come and stop me. Everybody will protest where they live. Tinubu must resign or take fuel, electricity and school fees back to how he met it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by Stayingalive: 5:37pm On Jul 25
Yugoslavia247:
Ronu mods on the beat

Whatsapp group update

Write a an essay about why u should not join the protest

Winners get 50k

Include your pics wearing a corporate wear.
Kikikiki I don laugh tire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by JASONjnr(m): 5:37pm On Jul 25
Stayingalive:

You just dey online since dey foam for mouth

And you deh online since the monitor me.... Olodo...
Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by olamilekan9(m): 5:38pm On Jul 25
You want to protest against people that will order their men to shot at any glance meanwhile u no get bulletproof or correct Evian or any Ak for ur possession,dey play ooo u hear,that energy u wan use protest ehn baba use am hustle money japa and be protesting from Abroad or try find sniper gun take kill all these yeye politicians one by one,other than that omo no try am ooo
Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by CSTRR: 5:38pm On Jul 25
JASONjnr:

Oga Wiseman, are you saying that "sit at home" helping ibos to generate revenues in those Ibo states?

Since you're not tribal and sentimental, why can't you condemn the act cause by UGM?

Why are you protesting for hardship when you never protested against terrorism in your region?

Who is supposed to fight the terrorism and insecurity in their region?

Your father?
What kind of clowns do we have on this platform?

Is this clown expecting the civilians there to fight the insecurity themselves?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by nuruajao: 5:38pm On Jul 25
TrendieJosh:
Okay.. So make I come collect 1 cup of garri for your house
Why going to his house, join protest and drink enough garri
Osuo
Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by Stayingalive: 5:38pm On Jul 25
JASONjnr:

And you deh online since the monitor me.... Olodo...
Tinubu 30k don block your brain

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by JASONjnr(m): 5:39pm On Jul 25
VTJN:
when I'm protesting you can come and stop me. Everybody will protest where they live. Tinubu must resign or take fuel, electricity and school fees back to how he met it

I hope you get what you seek in fighting in another man's state to destroy their state assets... While your state assets are intact...
Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by VTJN(m): 5:40pm On Jul 25
JASONjnr:

Tinubu hardship and suffer head government has done worse and destroyed Nigerians than South East sit at home

1 Like

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by phemray(m): 5:40pm On Jul 25
nnamdi640:
Whether he has stayed more than 1000million years or less than 1 one year, all what the masses are saying is to reduce the hardship by stopping the policies that led to it. It is only a foolish person that will float naira know fully well that the country heavily depends on importations

Ok, but you think stoping the policies will revert back to old prices of items? If it's in another country where people love themselves I will agree, but in Nigeria? I laughed. Reason we should not suffer for nothing. We know how much a lot of people make from flying petroleum tankers in the midnight across borders and people hoarding dollars.

But wait, why do nigerians easily refer to countries like China and others to be successful without recognizing the crazy policies they went through that time. So, you mean we will just wake up in Nigeria and everything will be fine? Miracles can never solve Nigeria problems.
Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by Blizzy9ja: 5:42pm On Jul 25
Wisdomkosi:
OPINION : Four Reasons You Should Think Before Joining The Nationwide Protest

By Wisdom Nwedene

Ahead of the planned nationwide protest scheduled to kick off on August 1st, 2024, I strongly believe that Nigerian Youth should think twice before joining the protest.

Though, there are genuine reasons for the protest but I have four strong reasons which made me to believe that this protest is not in the best interest of the country at the moment.

Below are my reasons

1. The organisers Of The Protest Are Faceless Individuals : It's crystal clear that those organising this protest are not known till now. I recommend that this type of protest should have leaders that should be calling the shots in case things go wrong. In a protest where everyone is a leader, many things can happen. The organisers should be at the forefront, leading the protesters and controlling the crowd so that things won't go wrong.

2. Thugs Can Hijack The Protest: It's very difficult to organise a peaceful protest in a country battling with bandits, criminals, hoodlums and expect things to go fine.

3. It's Still Early To Judge Tinubu’s Government : I still believe that it's too early to judge Tinubu’s Administration by leading this type of heavy protest against him. Despite that his policies are too harsh, Tinubu still needs time to address issues and bad policies of previous administrations.

4 All of us can still remember what happened during the EndSARS protest. Many lives were lost and property worth billions of Naira destroyed. How sure are we that this Nationwide won't degenerate to what happened during EndSARS protest? I think we should think twice. We can't afford to lose more lives and our national assets destroyed again just like what is happening in Kenya.

(Wisdom Nwedene is a Nigerian social media strategist, writer, journalist.)

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1469964/opinion-four-reasons-think-joining-nationwide-protest/
God will still punish you for supporting that Nigerians should shut up in the face of this provocative government...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by Bayyajidda(m): 5:42pm On Jul 25
ChizzyBuna:
Any Igbo that join this protest is a BSTARD

Speak for yourself. You're not feeding anyone

2 Likes

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by VTJN(m): 5:42pm On Jul 25
JASONjnr:

I hope you get what you seek in fighting in another man's state to destroy their state assets... While your state assets are intact...
I'm not a slave like you bro that thought being slavery is patriotism.

1 Like

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by Judolisco(m): 5:42pm On Jul 25
ChizzyBuna:
Any Igbo that join this protest is a BSTARD
relax igbos are hiding under their beds every Monday....
Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by JASONjnr(m): 5:43pm On Jul 25
nnamdi640:

You sound stupid....

Is sit at home a good thing or not?

If it's not a good thing, why are you not doing anything to stop it?

Do you know how much your region is losing from generating revenues on the days you declare work free day?

Do you know it contributes to the hardship? As the revenue shortens the effectiveness of the state government? Especially in resource management?

Is like you are really stupid in real life.

If you feel like overlooking sit at home... You should justify your conscience and overlook the hardship in the country and if you must complain, then complain for all
Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by jeromestarks: 5:43pm On Jul 25
Wahala90:
Is your Nation currency Dollar?
You and your likes are the problem of this country. Please relocate out and let use build our nation in peace.
Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by phemray(m): 5:44pm On Jul 25
VTJN:
you want us to die before emilokan 3 years in office?

Never, we will not die but leave to witness the success of the administration. My believe in this guy since 1999 never failed in turning things around and he will not start failling now.
Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by nnamdi640: 5:44pm On Jul 25
JASONjnr:

Is the Yoruba person leading the protest in the east or north or in his state of origin?

Why you go follow person go him house to go fight him family member? You no get shame? Abi you be mumu ni?
If you have shame, you won't be commenting like a f*ol. So you think the protest will only happen in Lagos, that shows how stup*d you are....
You forgot that during Gej regime, thesame man you are worshipping now called outsiders to protest in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by Bayyajidda(m): 5:45pm On Jul 25
Wisdomkosi:

By Wisdom Nwedene

Ahead of the planned nationwide protest scheduled to kick off on August 1st, 2024, I strongly believe that Nigerian Youth should think twice before joining the protest.

Though, there are genuine reasons for the protest but I have four strong reasons which made me to believe that this protest is not in the best interest of the country at the moment.

Below are my reasons

1. The organisers Of The Protest Are Faceless Individuals : It's crystal clear that those organising this protest are not known till now. I recommend that this type of protest should have leaders that should be calling the shots in case things go wrong. In a protest where everyone is a leader, many things can happen. The organisers should be at the forefront, leading the protesters and controlling the crowd so that things won't go wrong.

2. Thugs Can Hijack The Protest: It's very difficult to organise a peaceful protest in a country battling with bandits, criminals, hoodlums and expect things to go fine.

3. It's Still Early To Judge Tinubu’s Government : I still believe that it's too early to judge Tinubu’s Administration by leading this type of heavy protest against him. Despite that his policies are too harsh, Tinubu still needs time to address issues and bad policies of previous administrations.

4 All of us can still remember what happened during the EndSARS protest. Many lives were lost and property worth billions of Naira destroyed. How sure are we that this Nationwide won't degenerate to what happened during EndSARS protest? I think we should think twice. We can't afford to lose more lives and our national assets destroyed again just like what is happening in Kenya.

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1469964/opinion-four-reasons-think-joining-nationwide-protest/

All these Dave Umahi boys, go get a life. You ain't feeding anyone, allow people do what they feel will better their lives.

1 Like

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by JASONjnr(m): 5:45pm On Jul 25
VTJN:
I'm not a slave like you bro that thought being slavery is patriotism.

Lol....

I agree I am a slave..... At least, I be better slave weh no deh complain of hunger and starvation and I don't go to people's state to destroy their properties in the name of calling on the government to act....
Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by VTJN(m): 5:46pm On Jul 25
phemray:

Never, we will not die but leave to witness the success of the administration. My believe in this guy since 1999 never failed in turning things around and he will not start failling now.
unfortunately, i don't believe in him. Nigerians cannot be suffering while him and his family lives large with tax payers money. I have 3 graduates unemployed doing petty job just to survive. It's unfair

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by Didijiji: 5:46pm On Jul 25
Una just Dey open useless threads

If you put this effort to get Tinubu to work Nigeria would have been better

You all are eediots and hypocrites

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by VTJN(m): 5:48pm On Jul 25
JASONjnr:

Lol....

I agree I am a slave..... At least, I be better slave weh no deh complain of hunger and starvation and I don't go to people's state to destroy their properties in the name of calling on the government to act....
Then keep enjoying your slavery. Allow us that are hungry call out emilokan to the world. Very simple

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by AbujaCitiBlog: 5:48pm On Jul 25
Wisdomkosi:

By Wisdom Nwedene

Below are my reasons

You are a very very stupid human being to say that it's too early to judge. It's not too early to judge. Jonathan was sworn in in 2011 and by January 2012 Tinubu and Co were leading the petroleum subsidy protests. Stop decieving yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by nnamdi640: 5:49pm On Jul 25
JASONjnr:

You sound stupid....

Is sit at home a good thing or not?

If it's not a good thing, why are you not doing anything to stop it?

Do you know how much your region is losing from generating revenues on the days you declare work free day?

Do you know it contributes to the hardship? As the revenue shortens the effectiveness of the state government? Especially in resource management?

Is like you are really stupid in real life.

If you feel like overlooking sit at home... You should justify your conscience and overlook the hardship in the country and if you must complain, then complain for all

Lol, see fo*lish person commenting like an idio**t. The topic here is protest against serious hardship and bad leadership, get that to your skull. If sit at home is paining your, you can start your protest on that.

1 Like

Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by JASONjnr(m): 5:49pm On Jul 25
VTJN:
Tinubu hardship and suffer head government has done worse and destroyed Nigerians than South East sit at home

How?

You put a region into unproductive state for 24hrs and for years now...

You don't know that the revenues that was supposed to be generated on these days have had serious effect on the resource management for your region?

You don't know that this also shortens the overall generation of revenues and that will affect the payment of salaries in the state?

Why's Alex not able to pay 30k minimum wage? Bev6the state isn't generating enough due to ymsit at home policies that you're supporting.
Re: Four Reasons You Should Not Join The Nationwide Protest by Neoteny(m): 5:49pm On Jul 25
Emu4life:
Stfu!! Let the people do what dey feel is right.
Stop gaslighting them

I think it's right for someone to burn down your house and beat the living crap out of you.

I mean, i feel it's the right thing to do and we the people should do whatever we feel is right... right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Security Arrests Uyo Journalist, Flies Him To Abuja Over Dana Crash Post / Senate President: Tinubu Frustrated As Saraki Emerges Front-runner / Rochas Okorocha Welcomes Yemi Osinbajo - photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.