Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,689 members, 7,902,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges (10966 Views)

Jos North Re-run: INEC Suspends Electoral Officer Over Missing Ballot Papers / Police Arrest Ebonyi LP Senatorial Candidate, Okorie Over ‘Drug-Related Offence’ / NDLEA Arrests Six Over Drug Cookies, Intercepts UK, Saudi-bound Cocaine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by Newlymarried(f): 2:09am On Jul 26
The Nigerian Immigration Service says it has suspended one of its officers serving at the Murtala Muhammad International Airport, Akomolafe Michael, for multiple charges of alleged drug trafficking.

The Service Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Udo, revealed this in a statement on Wednesday titled, ‘Nigeria immigration service places officer on suspension over drug charges, awaits court judgement for further action.’

It read, “The attention of the Nigeria Immigration Service has been drawn to a publication by sections of the media that linked Akomolafe Michael, one of its Officers serving at Murtala Muhammad International Airport, to multiple charges of alleged drug trafficking which resulted in his arraignment before a Federal High Court in Lagos.

The Service wishes to inform the public that the officer in question has since been subjected to internal processes and placed under suspension following the allegation of his involvement in the case in May 2024.

The Service, therefore, fully supports the court proceedings aimed at determining the level of his culpability.”

NIS says it awaits the court’s judgment before making further comments on the matter to avoid subjudice.

“The Service reaffirms its commitment to excellent service delivery, discipline, and zero tolerance for criminality and will not hesitate to sanction any officer whose conduct is contrary to these ideals,” wrote Udo.
https://punchng.com/immigration-suspends-officer-over-drug-charges/?amp

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by Olamideayomide(m): 2:44am On Jul 26
Toor
FTC
Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by STEWpid(f): 3:25am On Jul 26

Na such person dey plant drug for travellers' bag be that o.

Some have been beheaded or imprisoned in their destination countries even when they never knew anything.

C h a i..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by Racoon(m): 3:30am On Jul 26
The other day, it was the "NDLEA Arrests Sulaiman Jimoh, Most Wanted Lagos Drug Baron" that was caught in the biggest drug baronism within the Lagos area of the NDLEA.

Today, the "Nigerian Immigration Service has suspended one of its officers serving at the Murtala Muhammad International Airport - Akomolafe Michael, for multiple charges of alleged drug trafficking."

When told crime have no barrier or any other criteria for stratification into any divide, some demented fool keep on trying claiming intelligence for being wokeness. NCAN over to unu

26 Likes

Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by Remman(m): 4:12am On Jul 26
99 days for the thief. Only one day for the master.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by Boogyman557: 4:22am On Jul 26
Holly Gram cool

Am not gonna take it easy on my haters HEHEHEHEHE grin

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by Nanauju2(f): 6:32am On Jul 26
The level of corruption and misconduct amongst government agencies is alarming

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by ApcBacteriafonj: 6:33am On Jul 26
STEWpid:

Some have been beheaded or imprisoned in their destination countries even when they never knew anything.

C h a i..
Kai, Kai , very bad because of money shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by omoyankee3(m): 6:33am On Jul 26
International thief thief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by Obyangel: 6:33am On Jul 26
NDLEA and Immigration guys are the real Messi and Ronaldo of helping the drug barrons in our country.

Investigate him Wella jare

5 Likes

Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by Ogbuu101: 6:34am On Jul 26
Google “Nigerians on death row for drug trafficking in Saudi Arabia”,you’ll be shocked

1 Like

Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by ClassicMan202(m): 6:35am On Jul 26
Let him cook ... Him go sing out the names of him bosses and accomplices
Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by UselessBuharist: 6:36am On Jul 26
Why suspend him when the overall drug lord was not disqualified from contesting the 2023 election

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by newnet: 6:36am On Jul 26
H
Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by atobs4real(m): 6:37am On Jul 26
Na family matter be that.
Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by atobs4real(m): 6:38am On Jul 26
Na family matter be that. Wi it reduce the cost of high commodity?
Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by NACE13: 6:55am On Jul 26
Send the man to jail abeg. Tarnishing the image of the uniform service. Almost all uniform men are criminals hiding behind the government's garment. Fish them all out and do the needful.
Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by Vintage001(m): 6:55am On Jul 26
Omo na wa o. If you reside in Nigeria, checkout my thread, I have something huge for you
Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by femi4: 6:55am On Jul 26
STEWpid:

C h a i..
Not sure that's what they mean by "drug trafficking "
Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by Nonexisting1: 7:00am On Jul 26
Westsiders are taking over our rightful business from us. Why can't they focus on their regular skull mining and leave our drug business for us? Nnaa lekwanu trouble.

1 Share

Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by jeff1993: 7:04am On Jul 26
As Usual WE know THEM!!!!!
Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by SensualMan: 7:05am On Jul 26
It's a big shame that sane Nigerians from other divides share the same existential space with these things. Very shameless and foul mouthed imps. Always disgracing Nigeria both home and abroad.
Most of us that stay abroad know very how much to avoid these shameless people from the other divide cos they will always disgrace u with the funny names they bear, funny English, thick yeriba accent, beggarly in nature, tendency to defraud u and card identity theft.

I believe it when they say these people are cursed cos they are always up to no good.

Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by Olalekanbanky1(m): 7:08am On Jul 26
Na one great job opportunity you troway enter gutter so. Hope you already made millions and set up Giant business to use sustain your family cos ur wife go almost kee you for house for loosing ur job

1 Like

Re: Immigration Suspends Officer Over Drug Charges by Enddy50ty(m): 7:13am On Jul 26
I always ask myself, how do drug traffickers get to beat the whole airport security system with sophisticated and cutting-edge technology.?

What do they do with all the drugs they seize from these drug traffickers at the airport.?

I guess this is the answer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola Shuts Aswani Market / Soon, We Shall All Be Trekking- Reuben Abati / Kidnapped ESUT VC Finally Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.