Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,823 members, 7,902,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:28 PM

Pls Help My Phone Is Dialing Unknown Numbers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls Help My Phone Is Dialing Unknown Numbers (150 Views)

How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN / How To Get Free Internet By Dialing *#*#4636#*#* (updated) / How To Get Free Internet By Dialing *#*#4636#*#* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help My Phone Is Dialing Unknown Numbers by Saao(m): 6:19am On Jul 26
Good morning everyone
Please I need your help. Before now some foriegn numbers usuallycall me, some I hanged up others I blocked them. Of recent my airtime started vanishes from my both lines, some I will get a response that my last call is this without making any call. I called mtn and glo they said my phone dialled international numbers. I reset my phone to factory, still continue. Please what should I do to stop this?
Re: Pls Help My Phone Is Dialing Unknown Numbers by Mistral(m): 9:01am On Jul 26
Good morning, Saao.

It sounds like your phone might be compromised. Here’s what you can try:

1. Check for Malware: Download a reliable antivirus app and run a full scan to see if there’s any malicious software causing the problem.

2. Update Everything: Make sure your phone’s OS and all apps are up to date. Sometimes updates fix security issues.

3. Change Your Passwords: Change the passwords for your Google Account (Android) or Apple ID (iPhone), and any other accounts connected to your phone.

4. Review Your Apps: Go through your installed apps and delete any that you don’t recognize or remember downloading.

5. Contact Your Provider Again: Let them know the steps you've taken and see if they can offer any extra help or security measures.

If none of this works, you might need to get your phone checked by a professional or consider getting a new one.

Hope this helps!
Re: Pls Help My Phone Is Dialing Unknown Numbers by Saao(m): 9:15am On Jul 26
Mistral:
Good morning, Saao.

1. Check for Malware: Download a reliable antivirus app and run a full scan to see if there’s any malicious software causing the problem.

2. Update Everything: Make sure your phone’s OS and all apps are up to date. Sometimes updates fix security issues.

3. Change Your Passwords: Change the passwords for your Google Account (Android) or Apple ID (iPhone), and any other accounts connected to your phone.

4. Review Your Apps: Go through your installed apps and delete any that you don’t recognize or remember downloading.

5. Contact Your Provider Again: Let them know the steps you've taken and see if they can offer any extra help or security measures.

If none of this works, you might need to get your phone checked by a professional or consider getting a new one.

Hope this helps!
thank you so much for your help, I will try all the options you mentioned.
Re: Pls Help My Phone Is Dialing Unknown Numbers by Mistral(m): 9:48am On Jul 26
Saao:
thank you so much for your help, I will try all the options you mentioned.

You're welcome. Don't forget to share your experience.
Re: Pls Help My Phone Is Dialing Unknown Numbers by 13regular: 10:35am On Jul 26
Mistral:
Good morning, Saao.

Hope this helps!

@op, it's like you recently got a used phone.

No 3. Of the above suggestions is of great importance! Had this experience at a time I bought their so called London used phones which stopped after I changed my Google password. If possible effect the change on a different device first then factory resent the one they are using against you before setting up your Google account again.
Re: Pls Help My Phone Is Dialing Unknown Numbers by Saao(m): 10:57am On Jul 26
13regular:

@op, it's like you recently got a used phone.

No 3. Of the above suggestions is of great importance! Had this experience at a time I bought their so called London used phones which stopped after I changed my Google password. If possible effect the change on a different device first then factory resent the one they are using against you before setting up your Google account again.
it's not a used phone, it's a new phone less than 6 months used. Thank you I will effect that change as well
Re: Pls Help My Phone Is Dialing Unknown Numbers by Saao(m): 10:59am On Jul 26
Mistral:

You're welcome. Don't forget to share your experience.
sure I will.

(1) (Reply)

Swap Your Dashcoins For Bitcoins / We Repair Iphones In Abuja / How To Secure Your Mobile Device Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.