Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,846 members, 7,902,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 02:21 PM

It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job (732 Views)

Graduate Begs For N18,000 Job On Facebook / N100,000 Job Or Five Million Naira Cash? / With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by Yehwind02(f): 10:09am On Jul 26
I am a mother of two, working as a teacher for over 6 years and the school just increased my salary to 30,000 this year. I just feel it's a waste of time and energy considering the present economy.
I am urgently in search of a job within Ikorodu, Maryland, Ojota Axis because I have decided to resign.
Nairalanders please help a sister🥲biko!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by ojun50(m): 10:51am On Jul 26
Good decision, there are big schools around you can drop yr CV now before school resumes. You should be earning above 60k
Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by Legendguy(m): 12:13pm On Jul 26
Yehwind02:
I am a mother of two, working as a teacher for over 6 years and the school just increased my salary to 30,000 this year. I just feel it's a waste of time and energy considering the present economy.
I am urgently in search of a job within Ikorodu, Maryland, Ojota Axis because I have decided to resign.

What kind of job are you skilled at?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by Yehwind02(f): 2:04pm On Jul 26
Legendguy:

What kind of job are you skilled at?
I have a Bed in Management, so I can do any administrative jobs sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by Yehwind02(f): 2:08pm On Jul 26
ojun50:
Good decision, there are big schools around you can drop yr CV now before school resumes. You should be earning above 60k

This job has really made teaching tiring for me, I just want to go into something else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by ojun50(m): 2:40pm On Jul 26
Yehwind02:

This job has really made teaching tiring for me, I just want to go into something else.

Ok
Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by Bakrabas: 4:39pm On Jul 26
Yehwind02:

That's a good idea, the day you decided was the day you're freed. Meanwhile, don't quit yet if there's no room for another job.

Since your mind is no longer in there, instead of doing nothing continue pushing till you are sure of another job

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by NaijaphiliaBlog: 7:55pm On Jul 26
Congratulations on taking a quality decision that will eventually lead to very positive outcomes for you and your family.

Check out the thread below. There are lot's of opportunities there, especially for remote jobs (which you might initially combine with your teaching job before eventually resigning):

https://www.nairaland.com/7851192/thread-job-seekers/6

Best of luck!

Yehwind02:

1 Like

Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by Rexymania(m): 9:35pm On Jul 26
Lemme see your CV
Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by RealityKings: 10:18pm On Jul 26
You better don't quit. Woo you go beg taya for nairaland
Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by northbird: 3:41am
Yehwind02:

30k month is really low, especially in a place like Lagos. Only science teachers have a good shot at improving their incomes.
Let me be honest with you. As long as you are in the teaching line, your income won't really change.

Forget your degrees now. What vocational skill set do you have? Or what other things are you good
at?. if you want your income to improve, you must shift away from the 8am to 4pm mindset.
Sit down and ponder on this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by Karleb(m): 3:48am
northbird:

As long as you are in the teaching line, your income won't really change.

This is what they don't understand.

Teaching is meant to make you poor and dependent for life. There are few exceptions tho.

What she needs is a change in career.

Pick up something profitable, learn it, master it. Do it. If you have to go study more, please do it because it will pay off.

She's even in Lagos. All she needs to do is go to hotjobsinnigeria and apply to jobs for 6 months. She'll get a good job I can guarantee that.
Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by Karleb(m): 3:54am
Thinking about I again, so all those years you were not earning upto 30k! shocked shocked

You can't blame anyone for that because you allowed it.

A lot of married women are normally not ambitious, novex o.

1 Like

Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by Yehwind02(f): 1:20pm
northbird:

30k month is really low, especially in a place like Lagos. Only science teachers have a good shot at improving their incomes.
Let me be honest with you. As long as you are in the teaching line, your income won't really change.

Forget your degrees now. What vocational skill set do you have? Or what other things are you good
at?. if you want your income to improve, you must shift away from the 8am to 4pm mindset.

Thank you so much sir, you really made a lot of sense
Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by Yehwind02(f): 1:21pm
Karleb:
Thinking about I again, so all those years you were not earning upto 30k! shocked shocked

You can't blame anyone for that because you allowed it.

A lot of married women are normally not ambitious, novex o.

You are actually right, I keep saying am doing it for my children.
Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by Yehwind02(f): 1:23pm
northbird:

I actually learnt bakery, but I have not been able to get a shop or some gadgets I need for the business
Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by Yehwind02(f): 1:25pm
Rexymania:
Lemme see your CV
Alright sir, will forward it to you.
Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by Karleb(m): 1:40pm
Yehwind02:

You are actually right, I keep saying am doing it for my children.

I'm very sure you kids don't appreciate that.

Go out there and get the bag! It may be hard at first but with tenacity, it gets easier.

People earning well don't have two heads.
Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by Yehwind02(f): 1:43pm
Karleb:

This is what they don't understand.

Teaching is meant to make you poor and dependent for life. There are few exceptions tho.

What she needs is a change in career.

Pick up something profitable, learn it, master it. Do it. If you have to go study more, please do it because it will pay off.

She's even in Lagos. All she needs to do is go to hotjobsinnigeria and apply to jobs for 6 months. She'll get a good job I can guarantee that.

Thanks for the advice bro, really appreciate
Re: It's Time I Quit My #30,000 Job by Yehwind02(f): 1:44pm
Karleb:

I'm very sure you kids don't appreciate that.

Go out there and get the bag! It may be hard at first but with tenacity, it gets easier.

People earning well don't have two heads.
Of course, thanks

(1) (Reply)

What About Irs Airlines / Industral Attachment Placing Any Help / Vacancy For LLB Youth Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.