Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,859 members, 7,902,719 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 03:04 PM

Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) (14899 Views)

Police Withdraw Magu’s Security As Family Raises Alarm Over Safety / Full List Of Nigerians Indicted For $1.1B Internet Scam In The US / Woman Raises Alarm Over Vulnerable Girl Being Used By Area Boys In Festac. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by officialwdhtvv: 10:54am On Jul 26
Businessman raises alarm over a new scam in town shocked

Take a listen and be careful out there folks!!!

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA8o6aFrFc4

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by Zonefree(m): 10:55am On Jul 26
Nigerians are creative in fraudulent ways.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by doggedfighter(f): 11:08am On Jul 26
Devious !

1 Like

Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by Bossconcept11: 9:38am
doggedfighter:
Devious !
The way all these scammers comes up with different methods is really crazy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by Risingblue008(m): 9:39am
Format dey sha

2 Likes

Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by Dnello: 9:39am
Some people are just criminal minds. You can use your sense for good thing instead

15 Likes

Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by Olachase(m): 9:40am
That was how two grown up men approached me 6 months ago, telling me they just arrived from cotonu they have some cotonu currency they needed to convert to Naira if I can please follow they since they were new in Lagos, I pretend like I have interest,

On our way going luckily a police van was passing I quickly stop the police and reported those guys as arm rubbers, come and see beating πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

A lot of people had been victim to those guys once you fall to their trick they would take you to one empty building around Mile 2, collect your phone and everything you have

I don't want to mention the region those two guys came from 🚢🚢

For this Lagos na God day save MUMU

28 Likes

Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by Trustme2(m): 9:40am
Hmmm
Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by MrHistorian: 9:41am
shocked
Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by Nonybb: 9:41am
Q
Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by GanagiBitrus: 9:42am
I don't think it's easy to pull this scam.
The delivery man has instructions & details of how you will make payment, which you as the buyer will confirm from him.

Also the Scammer must have forwarded the buyer's phone number & address to the Seller. Then the Seller gives that info to the Despatcher.

&Before the Seller sends the product, he must have called the Buyer to confirm the order.

The Buyer will immediately see they are different person's - the Seller & the Scammer.

Abeg this na cooked up story to trend on SM. The whole thing doesn't make sense.

14 Likes

Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by ZaddyJ: 9:43am
grin
Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:44am
Na Waa oo..
So,, why not buying directly from VERIFIED SELLERS.??

Why would I fall into the hands of a Scammer who would now Trust Another VERIFIED SELLER.??

SCAMMERS ARE JUST MAKING SIMPLE THINGS SO DIFFICULT..

BEFORE WE DO ONE SIMPLE BUSINESS ONLINE NOW, WE WOULD BE WASTING MUCH OF OUR TIME (AND MONEY) ON SERIES OF VERIFICATIONS,, WHICH IS NOT FAIR..!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by worldclass68(m): 9:44am
Oh boy.....
Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by Sheuns(m): 9:45am
angry
Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by youngestgrad(m): 9:45am
The guy be like person wey dey run the format grin

2 Likes

Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by Nonybb: 9:45am
It is NOT more complicated than the way APC scammed Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by Eteka1(m): 9:46am
Hmmm!
Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by alklas(m): 9:47am
Noted
Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by flexyrule(m): 9:48am
You must be a very careless person to fall for this type of cheap scam.

Most of the guys that I know who are into e-commerce usually ask their clients to pay to the delivery man. I usually feel very uncomfortable about this.... But the logistics company know the riders and the sellers know better than me.

Then as a buyer, I pay attention to details, especially when making purchases online.

Omoh. I act like FBI because I know the folks that I have in this geographical entrapment called Nigeria.

The other day, I saw a Eyeglass on jiji.... The store address was Garki. I chatted the seller... He said he is in Lagos...

That was the end of our conversation.

If I chat you on 12345 and you call me using 54321, end of deal.

You send account details, it doesn't match with the name on your profile or the company's name... End of deal.

If I ask you two to three questions, and you're not sounding convincing... I'm gone...

For instance, I saw one headphone on jiji last week. In the description, the er wrote "Active Noise Cancellation".. When I called him up, I asked him to confine the features, he said he had to go to the shop to check the carton... I blocked him immediately.

Sometimes, these guys might be genuine sellers who adopt unethical strategies to boost their sales... I don't care.

If I'm not comfortable, I'm out!

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by SpaceX: 9:49am
Remember one day for the owner

1 Like

Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:50am
Omo
Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by Anunakeeh: 9:51am
The merchant shouldn't be interacting with me concerning payment. My business and payment rest with the delivery man.

7 Likes

Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by iamoyindamola(m): 9:56am
Not new my friend got scammed with it about 3 years ago πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by Henrick007: 10:01am
I only send money to the account provided by the dispatch driver
Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by merits(m): 10:02am
Lajinako:

I have old Facebook account to sell,if you are interested dm me.
Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by Mistral(m): 10:03am
Here is a summary of the key points from the provided video for those without data:

The video describes a new social media scam targeting people who want to make purchases online, particularly on platforms like Facebook Marketplace or Instagram. The scam works as follows:

1. The scammer posts an item for sale, such as a phone or other product.

2. When someone is interested in buying the item, the scammer requests the buyer's address, but does not ask for payment upfront.

3. The scammer then goes to a verified seller on a platform like Google and purchases the same item, using the buyer's address.

4. The scammer has the verified seller ship the item to the buyer's address, but does not inform the buyer that they are getting the item from a different seller.

5. When the buyer receives the item, the scammer will ask them to make payment, claiming it is for the original seller.

6. If the buyer tries to contact the original seller to confirm, the scammer will block both the buyer and the original seller to hide the scam.

The advice given to avoid this scam is:

1. Always insist on meeting the seller in person to inspect the item before purchase.
2. Ensure the payment is made directly to the verified seller, not the scammer.

Overall, the video warns about this new social media scam tactic and provides tips to help buyers protect themselves.

20 Likes

Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by Michael547(m): 10:04am
Nice
Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by Ahmeddok: 10:05am
No peace for the wicked

1 Like

Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by Treasure17(m): 10:06am
Nigerians? Osiwin ni won. 99% are criminal minded.
Re: Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) by YeyeGbami: 10:10am
The thing don dey sup for a while

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mass Robbery In Auchi, Edo State? / Two Herbalists Arrested For Fraud In Enugu State (photos) / Kidnapped Bauchi Traditional Ruler, Alhaji Garba Badamasi Found Dead

Viewing this topic: emonis88, GeniusJ(m), pillarmaria(m), efelico, dyydxx, leo1234(m), deltapikin(m), hoodboy(m), emmyzy, oludy, j0rdannkyle, Harbehordun(m), Babanisharon(m), Ayantobi(m), Krismas(m), 4tomandchi, freshkpomo(m), kuntash, waziri4biz and 47 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.