Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,689 members, 7,902,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 12:12 AM

How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo (3533 Views)

‘Only God Will Stop Nigeria From Breaking Up In 2035’ – Primate Ayodele / COVID-19, Ukranian War Might Stop Nigeria From Reaching SDGs In 2030 – UN / Presidency: I Want To Stop Nigeria From Disintegration, Says Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by Wisdomkosi(m): 6:13pm On Jul 26
How Tinubu can stop Nigeria’s bleeding, by Obidigbo

*Labour missed opportunity to redirect nation’s economy

Elder statesman and frontline industrialist, Dr. Chike Obidigbo, has stated that Nigeria is bleeding profusely without any hope for urgent healing and redirection.

He noted that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has found himself in a pitiable situation due to a number of reasons, regretting that none of the President’s aides has shown capacity to pinpoint the cause or strategies to salvage the ugly condition.

In a statement to media houses, yesterday, Obidigbo, who is the President of Osisioma Foundation, said President Tinubu should realise that he inherited a crop of kleptomaniacs from former President Muhammad Buhari’s eight years of maladministration and rejig his cabinet.

He stated: “Nigeria is bleeding profusely, and there seems to be no doctors around to control the loss. Although the current socio-economic chaos in Nigeria were not entirely caused by Tinubu, it is surprising that his foot soldiers cannot help him out in redirecting the country.

“No doubt, Tinubu inherited most of these crises from Buhari’s crass incompetence and ferociously corrupt crew of kleptomaniacs who surrounded him and drained the country’s resources to the point of near depletion. But, Tinubu’s calculations for power lured him onto an infested throne.

The President should urgently weed out incompetent aides that have not made any appreciable effort to revive Nigeria’s once robust economy. Tinubu’s failure to inform Nigeria about the status of the economy he met on ground at his inauguration makes him an accessory to Buhari’s years of the locust.”

While reminding President Tinubu that there are a lot of Nigerians with good heads to help him navigate the ship of state, he noted that the country “seems far too large for one black head to exclusively manage successfully.

“We claim to be wise people, but fail to recognise our shortcomings and limitations. At any event, this bleeding economy could make it imperative to consider the peaceful Balkanization of the country into smaller, more efficiently manageable units rather than continue this unending brotherly schism.

“Time has come for us to prayerfully and deeply reflect on the saying that when two brothers fight to finish, outsiders will takeover their inheritance. The wise thing remains for the brothers to share their properties and remain alive, rather than die and enrich strangers that might have been goading them on out of bitter jealousy

“I wont say that the creation of Development Commissions around the six geopolitical zones is a step in that direction, but the economy is currently exposing the ugly underbelly of Nigeria,” he stated.

On the recent hullabaloo over the minimum wage, Obidigbo said as an employer of labour he has to warn the President from throwing money to problems or pursuing policies of appeasement that could render the economy comatose.

He argued that kneejerk countermeasures after the hasty reversal of fuel subsidy should be avoided, stressing that the quality of decisions that attended the negotiation of the minimum wage remains suspect.

“To me, the recent debate over minimum wage seems a dumb trap to further diminish this seeming lone-ranger approach to managing the economy. On one hand, Labour was ignorantly pushed to maximise the minimum wage bargain in the erroneous belief that it will better the standard of living of the people and solve the economic challenges of labour.

“On the other hand, the government wrongly believed that the bitter anger of labour could be assuaged by irrationally increasing labour costs without a corresponding increase in productivity. Unfortunately, when the final decision is implemented, the net effect, with its wider implications will hit the country like a thunderbolt

“As an industrialist and employer of labour, I make bold to say that neither the demand nor the acquiescence makes realistic economic sense. The decision will soon backfire on all of us as soon as the wage increase comes on stream.”

Obidigbo remarked that the decision to increase the minimum wage to N70, 000.00 came off as the usual World Bank and IMF ready made prescriptions they mischievously dish out to keep down emerging economies.

“IMF derives pleasure in stagnating developing economies and making them difficult to govern. It is very unfortunate that Nigerians have lost all sense of history, because we have so quickly forgotten the Udoji award era and its devastating consequences on the country's economy.

What Labour and the Government should realize is that not the amount of cash in one’s pocket that determines purchasing power, or the standard of his living.

“Purchasing power of cash should be paramount. Simply, work does not follow money, because whenever money is in the forefront, work takes a back seat. Conversely, when work is in the forefront, money follows without question. So, in clear terms, money follows work and not the other way round.

The industrialist maintains that a sudden increase in minimum wage that has no relationship or bearing on productivity is akin to a mere candle in the wind, stressing that it will, in both short and long term, automatically translate into uncontrollable inflation.

According to Obidigbo, by accepting an instant massive pay raises without correspondingly discussing the issue of productivity, the government is shooting itself in the foot.

He said the Tinubu administration has unwittingly accepted a measure that will increase inflation in an already depressed economy, adding that the net effect will be devastating in no distant time.

“The question that experts and well-meaning stakeholders should answer is, how will such a rule-of-thumb pay rise impact on production and, in effect, on the economy?

“The answer is negative, because our civil service, for example, has never been trained to be result-oriented. Thus, productivity cannot suddenly increase in an obvious vacuum.

“It is certain that without a corresponding and measurable increase in productivity, sudden wage increases will tilt to only one direction, which includes higher inflation, reduction in the quality and standard of living of the general populace.”

He said the implications of the sensational wage increase will soon dawn all, pointing out that since the discussion was primed at minimum wage earners, it would soon extend to higher income earners.

“Later on, States and Local Government staff will follow suit. Finally, the bombshell will land on the organized private sector, which has all along been on a life support, gasping for oxygen over the past nine years.

“Upon full implementation of the new wage arrangement, the net effect will be a massive rise in production and service costs alongside price increases that will place goods and services beyond the reach of the common man. This, in turn, will lead to mass layoffs and increased security challenges, thereby sustaining the vicious cycle ad infinitum,” he declared.

The frontline industrialist listed measures that could help ameliorate the severe economic stagnation and associated problems caused by Labour’s emphasis on wage increase.

He recommended the following: “*Very serious and severe cuts in the cost of governance across the board,

“*A bold head-on and total war on corruption and corrupt practices, both covert and overt, especially along the corridors of power and among all persons and corporate institutions, as well as countries with dealings, directly and indirectly with public resources.

“*Declaration of a state of emergency in the productive sectors of the economy, with stress on stricter control on the infiltration of goods and services produced outside Nigeria.

“*Provision of major and necessary factors of production. Serious control over security challenges, and every other factor that could impinge on production.”

Obidigbo lamented that Labour missed a golden opportunity to redirect Nigeria’s economy by insisting that the government should immediately and convincingly devise positive and tangible ways to increase productivity across the country.

“Such massive increase in productivity can trigger massive job opportunities for Nigeria’s teeming youths. Improved productivity again will put more bread on the table of more families, improve living standards, and serve as buffer against security challenges.

“The world over, jobs are used to fight insecurity, but in Nigeria, it seems that insecurity is used to fight jobs. Briefly, improved productivity will help to stabilize the economy, reduce inflation, create jobs, and guarantee an improved standard of living for the people. Sudden wage increase, without corresponding increase in productivity cannot do the magic.

“It should be noted, therefore, that it is not the amount of money in one’s pocket that matters, but what the money can purchase that counts. Nigeria seems to have lost the middle class completely. Even the lower upper class is seriously under threat of extinction, as such we all may be gradually sinking,” he declared.

Source :https://tribuneonlineng.com/how-tinubu-can-address-nigerias-ailing-economy/

4 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by DaddyCoool: 6:14pm On Jul 26
Obidigbo, who is the President of Osisioma Foundation, said President Tinubu should realise that he inherited a crop of kleptomaniacs from former President Muhammad Buhari’s eight years of maladministration

This statement is true but he forgot to add that baba then added his own kleptomaniacs so that we now have kleptomaniacs squared, a real kleptocracy!
(Those from Sango Ota, see the meaning below)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by Man102: 6:17pm On Jul 26
Obidigbo is a very intelligent man

6 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by Man102: 6:24pm On Jul 26
DaddyCoool:
Obidigbo, who is the President of Osisioma Foundation, said President Tinubu should realise that he inherited a crop of kleptomaniacs from former President Muhammad Buhari’s eight years of maladministration

This statement is true but he forgot to add that baba then added his own kleptomaniacs so that we now have kleptomaniacs squared!

Hahahahaha hahaha, you are very funny

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by DaddyCoool: 6:32pm On Jul 26
Man102:

Hahahahaha hahaha, you are very funny

I modified the post. Check it out😆
Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by Oilwell(m): 6:37pm On Jul 26
The man no go hear. His ears are for fancy.

A president that left issues of national importance that will turn around our economy quickly and focused on changing national anthem and elongating the tenure of the police IG , then making Nepotistic appointments to favour his cronies is not serious leader.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by Gregorystarrrr(f): 6:37pm On Jul 26
You believe something can be done about that?
Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by Chinkoalhaji34: 7:56pm On Jul 26
Obidigbo dey talk like say na magic we go fit stop the bleeding.

The real solution na for Tinubu to gather the right people wey go work with am. We need strong unity and strategy, no be only talk.

Na action we go see results, not just paper plans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by IbnB: 8:00pm On Jul 26
Tinubu's solution to problems is to pay-off selected people and have them launder/manipulate his image with respect to that particular problem

He won't change anything, he won't solve any of Nigeria's problems even if he spends the maximum eight years flexing in Aso Rock.. Nigeria's problems are systemic, you have to be cerebral and altruistic to some extent before you can achieve any progress toward solutions

Na statistics we go chop?!

The joke is on all of you stupid bastards blinded by bribes and short-term palliatives in exchange for real progress and a better life for everybody

8 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by sIfioksq: 8:20pm On Jul 26
Tinubu is the man with the plan! If anyone can turn things around, it’s him. Obidigbo's insights are spot on; we need to rally behind our leaders who have the vision to heal this nation. It's high time we focus on solutions instead of playing the blame game. Let's support Tinubu's efforts to unite and build a stronger Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by Salewa97: 8:28pm On Jul 26
Obidigbo don come again with him wahala.

As if Tinubu no get him own plan already. This man is working day and night to fix Nigeria, but some people just dey look for any small chance to criticize.

Na only person wey no understand the game go talk like this. Make una give Tinubu chance to show wetin him fit do; na him sabi how to handle matter for this country. Let’s support am instead of adding to the noise!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by IbnB: 9:48pm On Jul 26
Salewa97:

As if Tinubu no get him own plan already. This man is working day and night to fix Nigeria, but some people just dey look for any small chance to criticize.

Na only person wey no understand the game go talk like this. Make una give Tinubu chance to show wetin him fit do; na him sabi how to handle matter for this country. Let’s support am instead of adding to the noise!

Tinubu does not have any plan of how to fix Nigeria

Zero plan

5 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by SensualMan: 10:02pm On Jul 26
He can stop the bleeding by resigning and handing over the bleeding nation to the trained medical expert Dr Peter Obi to stop the bleeding.

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by Softiar(f): 10:03pm On Jul 26
Please dear Daddy and Mommy, forgive me for bringing this here. am doing this because av run out of options and I don't have any other choice. My name is kelly, I gave birth to my boy Ayomide 2 years ago and since then it has been a rollercoaster of one event to another. My fiance abandoned us and I move in back with my parents taking care of my son all alone without any assistance even though he was always falling very sick all the time. I notice that he always feels discomfort when his trying to breath so I looked for money to take my son to the hospital. He was diagnosed with congenital heart defect, a hole in his heart, as the cause of his breathing problems. I've cried my eyes out but if only crying can solve problem. I can't stand to see my child in pain.

I've gone almost everywhere I can possibly go but no hope except for hospital. Doctors say that he will need to undergo surgery at UCH for N4.5million and my family with the help of some very kind hearted people have been able to raise part of N3 million. We have sold off almost everything valuable to us but it's not yet enough, that why I am appealing to well meaning Nigerians, if you're touched to save my son's life, please find it in your kind heart to extend a hand of help to him. Nothing is too small in the sight of God. Am calling kind hearted people, please help save my boys life. Please am also calling upon any NGO that can accept my sons condition please. May God almighty bless you immensely and wipe away sorrow from your eye. Amen.

Video Prove;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NNtGTgJiJQ?si=vIjsipVA1A6VvWNs

Access Bank
Kelly Monday

5 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by Melagros(m): 10:03pm On Jul 26
COMRADES, unfortunately, Tinubu lacks the political will to do the needful because he is very incompetent

3 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by Arostar2023: 10:03pm On Jul 26
DaddyCoool:

This statement is true but he forgot to add that baba then added his own kleptomaniacs so that we now have kleptomaniacs squared, a real kleptocracy!
(Those from Sango Ota, see the meaning below)

grin
Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by Angelfrost(m): 10:03pm On Jul 26
Lame and silly excuses...!

1. Tinubu had more than enough time to diagnose Nigeria's problems and pinpoint areas/course of action.

We are talking complete 8 years of preparation prior to Emilokaning about for that crown.

2. No one compelled him to pick the names and people he chose to oversee critical positions like security, power and finance.

If he was serious about salvaging the nation, he would've picked the right people, like Obasanjo did in 1999.

3. The first step to succeeding in any leadership position is to set the right examples by matching every policy with personal and cabinet action.

Tinubu hasn't shown a single example that he means to salvage this dying economy from corruption and wastage.

5 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by Meti99(m): 10:04pm On Jul 26
Only the wise will know the mess thatt Tinubu has put this country already..

No time has every Nigeria both rich and poor and people of every age bracket ever hate Nigeria like now.

Glory has departed Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by Arostar2023: 10:04pm On Jul 26
Salewa97:

Na so ... working hard through cronyism( or is it tribalism) and wastefulness abi? Most of the challenges facing this adminstration are self inflicted.

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by EyeCumInPiece: 10:05pm On Jul 26
Thïefnubu said he would hit the ground running.
He has hit the ground running like a man on drugs without direction for over one year.
And yet agbado miscreants said he should be given more time. More time to finish this corn3 patapata.

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 10:05pm On Jul 26
Just give business grants in millions of naira to Nigerians and increase tax a little bit. Then watch how the economy will improve. Afterwards, other things can find their bearing.
Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by PheelzAlmighty: 10:07pm On Jul 26
Story
Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by Obakoolex(m): 10:08pm On Jul 26
grin
Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by lexy2014: 10:08pm On Jul 26
A lot of words and without much truth
Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by GenFunction: 10:08pm On Jul 26
This is mission impossible for Tinubu,need i remind u.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by israelmao(m): 10:10pm On Jul 26
What baffles,amazes and muses me today is that,those who were experts at organising protests against Jonathan administration when cost of living was far more favourable are afraid of entertaining same dose of medicine they served repeatedly to GEJ government.Tinubu was one of the mobilizers and organizers of major protests that rooted out Jonathan government even as at the time Nigerian economy was one of top twenty(20) in the world.Why is the fear gripping him to the point of deployment of 4200 policemen to Abuja alone?

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by BigBashiru: 10:12pm On Jul 26
IbnB:
Tinubu's solution to problems is to pay-off selected people and have them launder/manipulate his image with respect to that particular problem

He won't change anything, he won't solve any of Nigeria's problems even if he spends the maximum eight years flexing in Aso Rock.. Nigeria's problems are systemic, you have to be cerebral and altruistic to some extent before you can achieve any progress toward solutions

Na statistics we go chop?!

The joke is on all of you stupid bastards blinded by bribes and short-term palliatives in exchange for real progress and a better life for everybody

The black man is easily bought with bribes and special gifts.
Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by Reelmii: 10:13pm On Jul 26
grin
Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by Emperormartin(m): 10:14pm On Jul 26
This is what I expect Reno omokri to be saying... People that can find solution on ground which is what the country needs right now not people that gaslight one group to suit another group.

How's he even helping the president and the sinking Nigeria economy...

Las las the Nigeria government won't employ Obidigbo despite his intelligent submission; he looks like IPOB and his name is too Biafran
Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by GreenxGreen: 10:15pm On Jul 26
grin

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Can Stop Nigeria’s Bleeding, By Obidigbo by Abee79(m): 10:17pm On Jul 26
For any leader to stop a nation's "bleeding" state, one major ingredient is needed - patriotism. Ask yourself these questions:
1. Does this particular individual exhibit the sterling virtue of a patriotic citizen?
2. What was his MAIN motivation for cornering power at all cost?
3. What were his concrete economic plans (if any) for the country?
4. How has he responded to the suffering of the masses in the last one year?
5. Are you aware of any concrete plans to rescue the nation from apparent economic collapse?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Happens To Ikwerre If Igbo Secedes From Nigeria / How Do I Join Rotary Club In Gbagada Lagos / Seun: Solution To Tribalism, Trolling, Etc With No Loss In Traffic

Viewing this topic: hotseat, Psady(m), Runshaw, Lanresnett(m), holubee21(m), BIGSALV(m), tabaski, kollinsmuhy, techstack, kennosklint(m), opicgif, profmallor, finni(m), Delawstar, GODISGREAT123 and 25 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 3
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.