Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,859 members, 7,902,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 03:05 PM

‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo (5049 Views)

Trees, Waters Of Kogi Will Vote Dino Melaye If He Consults Us – Witches, Wizards / I’m Nigerian By Birth, Says Atiku- PUNCH / Nigerians Are Frustrated, Says Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by Islie: 9:06pm On Jul 26
Elder statesman and former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, on Thursday, said his mother carried his pregnancy for 12 months before his birth, attributing the delay to the handiwork of witches and wizards.

Obasanjo, who is the only Nigerian to have ruled the country as a military dictator and a democratically elected president, claimed the witches and wizards gave his mother a tough time before God’s intervention.

This was revealed in a statement by his media assistant, Kehinde Akinyemi,issued in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

The statement noted that the former president made the assertion during a drama presentation titled “Aremu Omo Asabi” held to mark the 66th anniversary of his late mother, Bernice Obasanjo’s passing.

The drama was held on Wednesday at the main auditorium of the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library, Abeokuta, Ogun State.

The ex-president lamented that it was unfortunate that his mother never lived to see how marvelously God had helped him become great in life and enjoy the fruits of her hard labor.

He said that although his mother gave birth to nine children, only two of them, himself and his sister, survived.

“I was told I was in my mother’s womb for 12 months, and since I was born, I have not been left for once. She had nine children, but two of us survived, myself and my sister,” he said.

I was the only one who went to school because my father’s belief was that no matter how educated a female child is, she would end up in the kitchen.”

The former president promised to support the troupe’s quest to present the longest open drama to clinch a Guinness Book of Records entry.

Speaking at the programme, the state governor, Dapo Abiodun, represented by his Deputy, Noimot Salako-Oyedele, said mothers will forever be the bedrock upon which the foundation of any society is built.

The deputy governor described Obasanjo’s mother as a great woman while alive, saying her influence would continue to endure through the lives of her children, especially Obasanjo, who remains a formidable figure in Nigeria’s history.

The governor added that the musical drama titled ‘Aremu Omo Asabi,’ performed in celebration of her life, was not just recounting history but also a prompt reminder of the sacrifices mothers make and the indelible spirit they pass on to their children.

“This tribute is also a call to action for all of us to honour and support mothers in every way possible. It reminds us of our collective responsibility to create an enabling environment where every mother’s hope for their children can flourish,” she said.

“This is why the present administration continues to pursue policies that ensure access to quality education, healthcare, and opportunities for all so that the dreams that mothers have for their children can be realised,” he said.

https://guardian.ng/news/aremu-omo-asabi-witches-wizards-delayed-my-birth-says-obasanjo/

3 Likes

Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by Ola9ja23: 9:17pm On Jul 26
Great man

10 Likes

Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by Jimas: 9:18pm On Jul 26
Every Great man has is a student of history
One way or the other
Get a SUPER Professional Company Logo, Letterhead Or Outdoor Design for your Business for 2k Only

PAY AFTER SERVICE

Drop us Your Company name for Logo
https://forms.gle/ws9ZHVXMp3HjgD1KA

3 Likes

Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by Softair: 9:45pm On Jul 26
Old soldier never die

6 Likes

Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by Chinkoalhaji34: 9:55pm On Jul 26
Na so e be o!

Baba Obasanjo dey drop wisdom wey go last for ages.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by GreenxGreen: 10:04pm On Jul 26
grin grin grin

So wetin you want make we do with this Nollywood Story ?

Vote you for Third Term

Oga is too late , you don already comot for Aso Rock 😁😁😁

2 Likes

Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by Philipponzaghi: 10:07pm On Jul 26
Ah, Baba always knows how to keep us entertained! A true storyteller, weaving the fabric of our culture with his words.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by illicit(m): 6:17am
He is not the only one to have ruled as military and democrat...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by sIfioksq: 8:02am
Lol. Baba iyabo just dropped another gem!

The man has seen it all, even witches and wizards couldn't stop his shine.

Imagine the stories he could tell from all those years! Only OBJ can turn a birth story into a legendary tale.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by Salewa97: 8:35am
Obasanjo no go ever stop to surprise us!

The man don carry plenty stories wey fit make movie. If witches and wizards fit delay baba birth, e mean say dem no fit hold him down now. Na him dey show dem say na God get the final say.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by trutharena: 9:27am
Only few Nigerians understand the depth of Obasanjo's journey. His story is a testament to resilience. Witches and wizards no fit stop am!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by Bullfallo(m): 2:01pm
.If true it only shows his head was stronger. What killed others couldn't kill him
Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by wittywriter: 2:01pm
Africa and myth.

Wittyness.
Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by Anguldi(m): 2:01pm
Even witches and wizards are scared of Tinubu tongue

Jagaban the number one neck presser shocked

Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by Firstcitizen: 2:01pm
Obasanjo, who is the only Nigerian to have ruled the country as a military dictator and a democratically elected president

Very incorrect. What about Buhari?

3 Likes

Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by newnet: 2:01pm
Is it for real.

National Protest : Wonderful Yoruba King, Ooni, Addresses The Youths

Take a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-81xq4v0AfQ?si=Sb5MZVzEo74zjrcQ

https://www.nairaland.com/8166921/national-protest-wonderful-yoruba-king
Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by Lumig: 2:01pm

"Obasanjo, who is the only Nigerian to have ruled the country as a military dictator and a democratically elected president" is untrue. Buhari is also in the same class

1 Like

Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by datola: 2:02pm
Baba oni 'Yabo!
Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by SAMBARRY: 2:04pm
Mshewee
Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by Henru35gv: 2:04pm
:

Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by Anguldi(m): 2:05pm
Firstcitizen:

Very incorrect. What about Buhari?
Tinubu has overfed him Agbado smiley wink cheesy grin
Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by seanery: 2:06pm
No wonder..!!

Seriously mk we dey check the historical birth of our president, governors, senators, etc; some hit head for ground when dem small.

All of dem no just normal.
Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by Omoapena(m): 2:06pm
illicit:
He is not the only one to have ruled as military and democrat...

He forgot Buhari
Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by Michael547(m): 2:06pm
Ok
Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by Frankkub: 2:07pm
Philipponzaghi:
Ah, Baba always knows how to keep us entertained! A true storyteller, weaving the fabric of our culture with his words.
old age no affect this one cool
Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by EdgeUp: 2:11pm
All these men in the limelight are professionals at inventing stories after/to fit the facts grin grin

So, the wizards left his mother and are now his goons abi?

Babasanjo is a real nigga grin
Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by GreenxGreen: 2:11pm
grin

Maybe Buhari ruled as a SUDAN Military Head of State grin grin grin

Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by AnyanwuSK: 2:11pm
What's the biological term for it?
Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by WhizdomXX(m): 2:12pm
Old, rewrite your history, Bubu did both too.
Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by CHIDINMALOVE: 2:13pm
Hmmm.....no be better witch come your mission .... Imagine say na the below....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRaV14fdXuY
Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by efighter: 2:15pm
He needs mental evaluation.

The writer of the report wrote the Obasanjo is the only Nigerian to rule as a military dictator and as a civilian, this is fallacy of forgetfulness, Mumumodu Buhari also equates Obasanjo’s sad record
Re: ‘Aremu Omo Asabi’: Witches, Wizards Delayed My Birth, Says Obasanjo by Fjaiii: 2:17pm
Elevate Your Business/Company to New Heights

Is your company struggling with low sales or lack of awareness? No matter where you're located, you're missing on millions of potential customers online and losing valuable ROI. Let us help you change that.

We offer comprehensive social media marketing strategy services specifically for your business/company to boost your sales and brand awareness, setting you apart from the competition. Whether you sell luxury estates, yachts, cars, gold, offer professional services, or run a small business, our team will manage your social media presence to connect with your target audience worldwide and achieve your business goals.

Here Are Some of Our Services:

Design Services:
Logo Design: Starting at ₦3,000
Advertisement Design: Starting at ₦4,000
Event Card Design: Starting at ₦3,000
Invitation Card Design: Starting at ₦3,000
Banner Design: [/b]Starting at ₦3,000
[b]Business Card Design:
Starting at ₦3,000
Letterhead Design: Starting at ₦3,000

Marketing Services:

Social Media Management: from ₦50,000
SEO Services: from ₦50,000
Content Marketing: from ₦3,000 per piece
Email Marketing: from ₦30,000
Facebook/Instagram Ads Setup: Starting at ₦10,000
Google Ads Setup: Starting at ₦10,000
Twitter Ads Setup: Starting at ₦10,000
Audience Targeting and Analytics: Starting at ₦10,000
Ads Account Problem Solving: Starting at ₦10,000

E-commerce Solutions:
Shopify Dropshipping Store Setup: ₦150,000 - ₦300,000
Online Store Development: ₦150,000 - ₦1,000,000
Payment Gateway Integration: ₦30,000 - ₦200,000

Website Solutions:
Basic Website: ₦50,000 - ₦500,000
E-commerce Website: ₦150,000 - ₦1 million
Custom Web Development: ₦300,000 - ₦2 million+

Mobile App Development:
Simple Mobile App: ₦100,000 - ₦1 million
Complex Mobile App: ₦500,000 - ₦5 million+

Social Media Setup:
Professional Instagram Business Account Setup: Starting at ₦5,000
Professional Facebook Business Account Setup: Starting at ₦5,000
Professional Twitter Business Account Setup: Starting at ₦5,000

Other Services:
Google Business Listing: ₦5,000
Pay*stack/Flutter*wave/Sel*ar Store Design: Starting at ₦10,000
Buying Real Nigerian Followers: Starting at ₦4,000
Video Ads Creation: Starting at ₦5,000
Landing Page Design: Starting at ₦5,000
Company Brochures, Profiles, Newsletters, Proposals, Business Plans: From ₦1,500 per page
CV/Resume: From ₦5,000

Business Registration and Annual Returns:
Business Name Registration: ₦25,000
Private Limited Company Registration: ₦55,000
NGO/Association Registration: ₦130,000

Annual Returns Filing:

For Small Companies: ₦18,000 per year
For Business Names: ₦16,000 per year
For NGOs: ₦26,000 per year

Our goal is to unlock your business's full potential with our expert social media marketing services and a unique marketing strategy tailored just for you. We create a customized plan based on your brand, audience, and goals to set you apart from the competition.

CALL/WHATSAPP US NOW! For your convenience, you can easily copy the number directly from my profile or type the number manually from the image below.

(1) (2) (Reply)

419 Scam Hits Kenya / 49 Sitting 99 Standing Suffering & Smiling- Has Naija Always Been Bad / Ogun State Governor Forced Lawmaker To Take Allegiance Oath!

Viewing this topic: Eyakuare, MisteerConcord(m), Oba1ni(m), Ray1251(m), Chine12(m), ReadaDream(m), mbahkay, tohiga4631, Meel, iceflex(m), Didijiji, Kingosytex(m), DORS(m), basynem1(m), Holyfic, Davischatroom, Kingluqman(m), joemag, Mrread(m), McAustin92(m), livinbygrace, CaptainZubi, kokoA(m), bamayo(m), sakaayo, Clintonpaul, killsmith(f), Komu1048(m), casualobserver, fredopareto(m), Gifted77, Chickameda, adams123, Ghoststory, SHEAU(m), Truth234(m), BigBelleControl(m), Emmaari, DMCY, foleskay(m), lekzwyc(m), Successdude(m), tbliss22(m), Richlolly, sheun92(m), Alearna, olabode4dkoko(m), betabread, Simplefemo(m), Bonijy04 and 133 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.