Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,378 members, 7,968,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 03:41 PM

It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu (21098 Views)

Full Profile Of New IRT Boss, Tunji Disu As IG Removes Abba Kyari / Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. / Babatunde Fashola Live On "The Discourse" With Jimi Disu @ 2pm Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by blackboy(m): 4:06pm On Jul 27
At least he is talking. But this man has been a supporter of the APC and PBAT even when it was obvious Buhari was a total failure
Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by Iamzik: 4:58pm On Jul 27
mach7:
What is oga JD saying?

I seriously get worried when some of our elders speak and says things that are outrightly false.

What wasn't bad under the military? Cost of living, economy? Security? I mean some of us are not kids or teenagers that you can twist history and deceive. Can he have freedom to speak under the military the way he speaks now? The way he constantly throw shades against the president and even before he became president?

Things are tough, that is very much true and constructive criticism of government is needed to keep the government on its toes. But what he is saying is wrong, fallacious and condemnable.

Comments like these are what sets some of out youths on edge, especially those who didn't experience the military. Is he alluding that going back to the military is better?

If not for emotional sentiments and the fact that our system of governance and accountability is just lacking, for such comments, he should be politely invited to explain himself.

But alas, he is an elite and the people he is talking about are people of his elitist class. So wetin be my own.

Chief I don't know which military regime was worse than what we are experiencing right now.

I'm ready to debate this with fact and figure. Just mention one military regime and let us compare.
Even abacha was better in terms of inflation, food price, foreign exchange and economy. Was there any military government where cost of living increased by over 400% in less than 9 months. Mention it please.

Make Una dey fear God na

1 Like

Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by Insipidvamp(m): 5:06pm On Jul 27
[quote author=mach7 post=131171084]What is oga JD saying?

I seriously get worried when some of our elders speak and says things that are outrightly false.

[The only thing that makes any military junta worse than this disaster of a regime is human rights issues, and this government is even almost as bad in that aspect. In which military regime has basic things such as food and healthcare been this expensive? Name it. ]
Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by Insipidvamp(m): 5:12pm On Jul 27
[quote author=Ikumapkayi post=131171795]This man is an idiot. I don't listen to him again. Such an inconsistent and fake man, lacking indepth analysis. Thank God I was old enough during the military era. It was during this era Dele Giwa was killed, many were arrested without trial. This useless man comes on air to praise same military. The military truncated first republic and with events following leading us to an avoidable civil war.
[ You are a bigger idiot, civil war is much better than what over 80% of Nigerians are facing now. Even if you are okay in this period, show empathy to the less fortunate. Wetin people dey pass through worse pass civil war. Before anything, idiots will say military killed Dele Giwa, is it military that killed Bola Ige? ]
Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by Kobojunkiee: 5:20pm On Jul 27
ikorodureporta:
... from 19th minutes
Babangida, Abacha don get pass mark because of Tinubu. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by KGREAT(m): 6:02pm On Jul 27
Ekenev2:
🤣 If I speak about this government as an Igbo man, they will come me the child of hate.

When Buhari was the president, the North saw him as a saint and didn't participate in the Endsars protest as they perceived it to be a Southern agenda to overthrow the president.

The Yorubas who protested with the Igbos, later turned on the Igbos and accused them of trying to destroy their Lagos under the guise of protest.

Fast-forward to 2024, the North are now ready to protest against Tinubu. The Yorubas are seeing it as a threat to their brother, but somehow are changing the narrative and accusing the Igbos of masterminding the planned protest. President spokesperson accusing Peter Obi, and some even said it was agenda to release Nnamdi Kanu. The Igbos are still the problem 🤣

Even when we have made it clear we don't care about the government, they still want to drag us into the conversation

You are saying rubbish. Yoruba is not supporting the bad government of tinubu. We are all ready for the protest
Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by frog12: 6:02pm On Jul 27
this man is boring grin

1 Like

Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by Brendaniel: 6:27pm On Jul 27
gabbasin:
There's no miracle that can save Nigeria with our (both the leaders and the led) mindset. Economically we've been going down drastically since the civilian government of Shagari and the successive military regimes that came after him couldn't reverse the trend. Even with the advent of this Republic starting with Obasanjo's second coming the economy is still on the downward slope. The fundamental problems are there but our leaders are not ready to face it squarely. We are a country with very low productivity,many able bodied men and women are jobless but they have to feed and this makes them to resort to crime. Politicians in position of authority are less concerned about the situation because the resources from oil is okay for them to live ostentatious lifestyle which is at variance with sufferings of the people they are supposed to help find ways out of their predicament by formulating policies to stimulate job creation, conducive business environment, investment in agriculture and food security. Most of us erroneously believe it is the business of government to put food on our tables and this is the reason why we fail to think outside the box to engage in productive activities for sustenance. Even if we have change of regime today, it will still be the same story of "we've never had it so bad". No regime has been better than it's predecessor in terms of the economy. From N3.50k per litre of petrol in 1999 to to today's staggering price of between 600 to 800 naira as successive regimes raised pump price in view of economic realities of the time. The worst days are not here yet

So what is the solution?
Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by sulaak(m): 6:42pm On Jul 27
Ekenev2:
🤣 If I speak about this government as an Igbo man, they will come me the child of hate.

When Buhari was the president, the North saw him as a saint and didn't participate in the Endsars protest as they perceived it to be a Southern agenda to overthrow the president.

The Yorubas who protested with the Igbos, later turned on the Igbos and accused them of trying to destroy their Lagos under the guise of protest.

Fast-forward to 2024, the North are now ready to protest against Tinubu. The Yorubas are seeing it as a threat to their brother, but somehow are changing the narrative and accusing the Igbos of masterminding the planned protest. President spokesperson accusing Peter Obi, and some even said it was agenda to release Nnamdi Kanu. The Igbos are still the problem 🤣

Even when we have made it clear we don't care about the government, they still want to drag us into the conversation

You are dumb; you are conflating Yoruba people with the corrupt Yoruba political elites; it is this tribal generalisation that has become the bane of some Igbo people. The masterminds of the protest against Tinubu are Yoruba, likes of Sowere and Human Rights Activist Deji Adeyanju.

Here is a debate between a Yoruba man that supports the protest, Lawyer Deji Adeyanju and an Igbo man that has collected Tinubu agbado

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tsR9CEMPXw

1 Like

Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by Snowx: 7:01pm On Jul 27
And some persons will open up their mouth and said that worst democracy is better than military rule...useless philosophy
Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by RepoMan007: 7:20pm On Jul 27
Fr33born:

You expect them to talk against their Tribesman?
They would rather die of hunger and hardship than express how they truly feel about this government. Some of them may even prefer to commit suicide than protest against their Tribesman in Power
I thought they cried out with Ebi npa wo o?
Your pain has eaten your brain.
Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by bizzibodi(m): 8:00pm On Jul 27
It wasn't this bad then,except ibb regime that SAPped Nigerians.
Even local governments were functioning.
Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by K4diamond: 8:31pm On Jul 27
The same military regime we all witnessed, they disrupted academic calender, session used to start in January and end in November, human rights were abused, saw dust was our cooking gas, you walked miles because of petrol scarcity, extra judicial killing, saw live how a cadet slapped a state Judge, industrial actions became order of the day, ruled by decree, indigenization of foreign companies and their allies got the companies, corruption they introduced we are still recovering from it till today and they are still the bad eggs in politics. In addition no freedom of expression if you are bold enough be ready to face the consequences. Uncle Jimi, with these few points though still many to mention, I disagree
Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by anythingoes23: 9:44pm On Jul 27
Military coup can never happen in this country, they are benefitting in this democracy era
1b8m:

If a military coup is the solution to this mess, so be it!
Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by StarRiderr: 9:44pm On Jul 27
Ekenev2:

North never protest against SARS because they were not been disturbed by SARS officials on that part of the Country. Although I'd expect them to be patriotic enough to support that Endsars protest. But in all fairness they were not among the region been disturbed and extorted from operations of SARS now on the ground of the proposed protest everyone is effected by devilish and wicked policies of Tinubu and his bad governance so everyone is expected to join this protest
Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by Chiefwandungu(m): 6:19am On Jul 28

In military we had few thieves in uniform..but now we have plenty thieves in agbada and babariga
- You are spot on, name 10 former Military Governors/Administrator's who are millionaires today? Now name 10 Former Civilian Governor's who are millionaires.....
Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by OBJECTIVITY4ALL: 6:55am On Jul 28
mach7:
What is oga JD saying?

What wasn't bad under the military? Cost of living, economy? Security? I mean some of us are not kids or teenagers that you can twist history and deceive. Can he have freedom to speak under the military the way he speaks now? The way he constantly throw shades against the president and even before he became president?

Things are tough, that is very much true and constructive criticism of government is needed to keep the government on its toes. But what he is saying is wrong, fallacious and condemnable.

Comments like these are what sets some of out youths on edge, especially those who didn't experience the military. Is he alluding that going back to the military is better?

If not for emotional sentiments and the fact that our system of governance and accountability is just lacking, for such comments, he should be politely invited to explain himself.

But alas, he is an elite and the people he is talking about are people of his elitist class. So wetin be my own.

You very much correct, JD is saying trash

How can he be misleading the public as if everyone who withneess ABACHA Regime is late. We shall the economic hardship, if we can survive Abacha, COVID 19, 7month. Sawdust stove,, trekking long distance to school about 2km daily we survive, I remember we use to go and queue at the saw mail to get sawdust for cooking there's no way military can ever be better than civilian rule. No trekking, no use of sawdust, people complain of hardship yet they can afford those things. Someone who can't avoid a bag of rice when it was 25k still complaining now that rice is about 75k, let everyone cut out to the minimal all unnecessary social engagement, wedding, birthday, etc all these are not fundamental but
Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by Knight247: 4:12pm On Jul 28
Ekenev2:

I just don't know what exactly has igbo done to this ronu people always looking for every possible means or ways to include igbos in any thing bad

They should pls face their masters
Re: It Wasn't This Bad Under Military - Jimi Disu by blueAgent(m): 10:19am On Aug 01
uuzba:

-
Correct
Let's remember that during Adam and Eve, there was only sand and bush everywhere.
Today we have all kinds of gadgets. It has taken mankind (they say) 10,000 years to get to our
current civilisation. Discoveries were made in different places and collaboration between individuals
brought about subsequent industries that has led us to today.
For some reason, the DEVELOPED western nations, do not partner/collaborate profitably with African nations.
They either bribe our governments, pollute our environments, or dump waste materials here, but extract
raw materials, (crude, diamonds, cocoa...etc) making sure that we continue to REMAIN underdeveloped and
fighting with each other.
The solution will be for us Nigerians/Africans to collaborate with ourselves, build our industries and refine our
own raw materials | cut off western influence & propaganda.
We JUST HAVE TO cooperate with each other and STOP fighting.
Democracy don't seem to be working. Maybe we do that kind of WAKANDA thing where they had
multiple tribal chiefs elected by "FIGTHING" each other.
Our current governors do not represent our interests.
Maybe our village/tribal chiefs will represent our interests instead.

Wishfull thinking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje / Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark / NDLEA Makes U-turn On Buruji Kasamu: Will Vacate Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.