Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,575 members, 7,965,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 11:09 AM

Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi (24138 Views)

Protests: Tinubu postpones FEC Meeting, Summons Service Chiefs / "Nigeria’s Economy On Path Of Recovery, I’m Not Afraid Of Protests" – Tinubu / NLC Protests Tinubu’s N500bn Subsidy Palliative, Demands 300% Pay Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by ibechris(m): 9:12am On Jul 28
Georgry:
grin

During the campaign period last year anybody who dare to oppose Mr Peter Obi on any issue is quickly aggressively attacked by the Obidient mob, in fact they gave no body the right to make their own choice or ask questions of a man who was governor for 8 years, they just want you to join the moving train or you're gonna be canceled, he's been portrayed as a very clean, not corrupt and a messiah, when you dare ask about his past they just attack you and tag you an enemy of Nigeria, the Image they gave him doesn't suit any of the Nigerian politicians, dissent isn't allowed in their dictionary and to be very honest with you guys, if Peter Obi had won nobody will have the right to protest in Nigeria.

Modified : to all the useless mob quoting me, the title of this tread was initially "why I don't want Peter Obi or Kwakwaso to rule Nigeria" I believe it was edited by the mod before they sent it to front page, it was because of their headless mob who have sacrificed their Brain in the altar of politics, you guys could bare all the hunger and death during the Naira War Emefiele waged on Nigerians because you thought it would be in your favour, I don't care about anybody protesting, it is the right of Nigerians, nobody can tell anybody not to protest, but if Obi had won, you guys will attack anybody who want to protest just like an headless mob.

That is what the writer is saying that,Tinubu has no cult followers like Peter Obi,Rabin Musa Kwankwaso.

U go school at all.
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by Georgry(m): 9:12am On Jul 28
tuoyoojo:
The writeup is true

However with the cult followership of obi, his followers would demand accountability from him. Even now, if he does wrong, he is reprimanded

Provide 3 scenarios where Obi has been reprimanded by the Obidients? He's been blindly supported by you guys.

1 Like

Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by Georgry(m): 9:13am On Jul 28
ibechris:

That is what the writer is saying that,Tinubu has no cult followers like Peter Obi,Rabin Musa Kwankwaso.

U go school at all.

To through my post again, this time slowly.
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by Honestey: 9:19am On Jul 28
But in all honesty, protest is not the answer. All the demand Sowore listing out are things Tinubu is working towards but without removing subsidy how will he get fund to execute them?
I just pray that protest doesn't escalate to something bad
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by WikeTheDrunk(f): 9:23am On Jul 28
Georgry:
grin

During the campaign period last year anybody who dare to oppose Mr Peter Obi on any issue is quickly aggressively attacked by the Obidient mob, in fact they gave no body the right to make their own choice or ask questions of a man who was governor for 8 years, they just want you to join the moving train or you're gonna be canceled, he's been portrayed as a very clean, not corrupt and a messiah, when you dare ask about his past they just attack you and tag you an enemy of Nigeria, the Image they gave him doesn't suit any of the Nigerian politicians, dissent isn't allowed in their dictionary and to be very honest with you guys, if Peter Obi had won nobody will have the right to protest in Nigeria.

Modified : to all the useless mob quoting me, the title of this tread was initially "why I don't want Peter Obi or Kwakwaso to rule Nigeria" I believe it was edited by the mod before they sent it to front page, it was because of their headless mob who have sacrificed their Brain in the altar of politics, you guys could bare all the hunger and death during the Naira War Emefiele waged on Nigerians because you thought it would be in your favour, I don't care about anybody protesting, it is the right of Nigerians, nobody can tell anybody not to protest, but if Obi had won, you guys will attack anybody who want to protest just like an headless mob.

Huge load of garbage comment. This is fit for the dustbin.
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by Uncletony(m): 9:26am On Jul 28
ALTERNATEID:
Do we have governors in Nigeria at all? What exactly are they doing to help the people? How come no one ever talk about state governors who collectively collects about 48% of all revenues accruable to the Federation Account?
Coz the governor didn't remove fuel subsidy and don't make monetary policy

1 Like

Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by pseudaria: 9:26am On Jul 28
raskymonojendor:

A large percentage of the population are illiterates. Nobody cares about the governors. Lol.
Does the govs control interest rates, do they control subsidy do they have control over imports can they open the borders and let rice jmporrters bring in their goods without paying over exorbitant fees to customs thereby making rice prices triple do they decide if there will be fuel scarcity or not, do they control security. The gov of Delta was not even allowed to enter okuama during the military raid. You know the truth but just want to talk for foolish bigoted reasons . Bleep off

2 Likes

Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by Georgry(m): 9:28am On Jul 28
WikeTheDrunk:

Huge load of garbage comment. This is fit for the dustbin.

The mere fact that you quoted me means the comment has substance that attracted you to it, you can now cry or attack me, it's the norms for you people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by Watinani(m): 9:31am On Jul 28
Remman:
Your opinion, thoughts and imaginations are entirely yours and cannot decide the fate of others.

Now we know where you stand.

Anyway to any sane person knows this is core truth and we dont expect you to believe it
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by Houseontherock1: 9:32am On Jul 28
CilicMarin:
Classless, meaningless and incoherent article...

Tinubu is on the right track. And he will govern till 2031 at least, if the constitution is not ammended for 3rd Term...

No gain without pain... The economy will soon turn the corner, and we shall all celebrate.

May God Bless Nigeria.
Now I believe there are people paid stipends to counter any and every constructive or destructive article even without giving it deep thought! How can you seriously type this trash in response to what Kperogi wrote there? It takes insanity and delusion to be this gullible! My family had a visitor who came from Lagos recently. When this visitor was going, we had to give him N50,000 as t-fare and whatever! This same boy visited us in April 2023 and he left with 10k which conveniently covered his t-fare and whatever- less than 14 months apart! This situation is affecting you but your delusional egocentric attitude will not allow you to speak out!
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by CharleyBright(m): 9:33am On Jul 28
Georgry:
grin

The issue is about Tinubu not Peter Obi.
How come you left Tinubu and be focusing on Peter Obi.
Omo Ale jati- jati
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by Smartcitizen: 9:37am On Jul 28
Georgry:
grin

This write-up is about Tinubu's fumbling government o!

This is a perfect example of the syndrome he is talking about.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by Artscollection: 9:38am On Jul 28
Georgry:
grin

You are one of the people that have abdicated their brain also.
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by CharleyBright(m): 9:38am On Jul 28
CilicMarin:

Tinubu is on the right track. And he will govern till 2031 at least, if the constitution is not ammended for 3rd Term...

No gain without pain... The economy will soon turn the corner, and we shall all celebrate.

May God Bless Nigeria.

Pea-brained minion that has sold his heart to devil to continually defend evil.
The same song Buhari sang for 8yrs that Nigerians should endure that there is light in the end of the tunnel. He did 8yrs and left no end to the tunnel talk less of light. And u people want to blindside us with same narrative for Tinubu abi.
Make we no enter any yeye tunnel, make we stand outside and see the light.
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by Azazyel: 9:52am On Jul 28
Chinkoalhaji34:
Farooq Kperogi is spot on. We’ve seen enough of these politicians playing the same old game.

Peter Obi and Kwankwaso are just two sides of the same coin, always promising change but delivering nothing but noise. It's time we demand real leadership, not just recycled politicians with shiny slogans.

Well said
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by Festy4u(m): 9:53am On Jul 28
CilicMarin:

May God Bless Nigeria.

An "abdication syndrome" fellow spotted! grin
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by Azazyel: 9:55am On Jul 28
mrvitalis:

Obviously u haven't left Nigeria

No region has built a city that can match Onitsha metropolitan area the most built up area in Nigeria

Don't call lagos because Nigerians built Lagos for 70 years

Who be this one? Are you hungry or something?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by blacknp(m): 9:58am On Jul 28
BeardedMeat:
Did you read how Farooq kperogi orphanized the urinating machine? Didn't even give him a slot in his SW!

Aregbesola it was who told the world that Thinubu was a creation of blind loyalty because most of the achievements attributed to him were fallacies.
You prayed to Jehovah to bring Tinubu down for you, God heard your pleas, & made him president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria abi?
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by Shikini: 9:59am On Jul 28
Sad
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by membranus: 10:01am On Jul 28
sulaak:

Governors are not the ones importing $24 billion barrel of oil, when there are refineries in the country

In 2022, the countries that had a largest trade value in imports than in exports of Refined Petroleum were Australia ($36.9B), Mexico ($36.8B), France ($24.7B), Nigeria ($19.7B), and Indonesia ($19.6B).

https://oec.world/en/profile/hs/refined-petroleum

Tinubu knows that the protest will remove him form power.

After August 10, I will come back to ask you if your protests have removed Tinubu from government.
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by djon78(m): 10:01am On Jul 28
Georgry:
grin

You couldn't even understand what Farooq kpegori wrote and just be talking off point.

He said
Obi and Kwankwaso has cult followers like former president Buhari

If they were president s, they may get away with the present precarious situation because of there following
Like Buhari got away with a lot

But Tinubu is not like that

He doesn't have cult like followers
Even in his South West
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by felaismyhero(m): 10:05am On Jul 28
mrvitalis:
You don't want the best candidate to rule because people support them?

Which is more or a cult.. People who support the best available candidate
Or people who support and obvious bad candidate

The fact that people think Obedients can control Peter Obi means they haven't done any single research about the man or his politics... Obi had similar support in Anambra with ojukwu backing and stuff like that

Did they control him? .. People need to ask why Anambra people changed his name from AdaObi to Okute

As far as Obi believe he is doing the right thing he is brutal ask around

Anambra had the worst cabal of God fathers till Obi humbled them.. I mean people the president at that point feared

Oga say the real reason u don't want Obi and stop being a coward
How's Obi the best candidate? What special achievement of his makes him better than any other governor in Nigeria? Is Anambra better than Lagos or Rivers or Edo? Unthinking fanatical devotion to a Nigerian politician, especially one who once was in the PDP/APC. The author rightly infers that in the event of protests ( Obi too advocated for subsidy removal); fanatics like you would still defend Obi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by djon78(m): 10:08am On Jul 28
CilicMarin:

May God Bless Nigeria.

Farooq kpegori wrote

"Second, people outside the circles of power and privilege realize that the pains are being borne only by the poor. Tinubu, for example, bought a new presidential jet worth millions of dollars even before the spineless National Assembly had a chance to rubber-stamp it, as is now their wont, among other profligate expenditures amid a biting economic downturn."

"People who are visiting darkness on the poor in the name of a deferred light at the end of the tunnel are glowing in incandescent bulbs of illumination."

These statements are not false

They are telling the populace there is light at the end of the tunnel while they live ostentatious lifestyles, not going through what the masses are going through
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by smtx(m): 10:09am On Jul 28
Chikel20000:
I dare to disagree with Farooq on dis one....Obodients are just zealous people with conscience for good governance....while Buharis overzealous north inclined supporters failed, Obi may not have it thus with Obodients if he dares fail....as for Tinubu....I rather we give him time than protest for now....say 2 or 3 years.....d north didnt protest for Buhari so y will d south protest?

We will never move forward as a nation if we continue with this kind of mindset....you want to give Tinubu 2-3 years because the North the didnt protest against Buhari. Damn!
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by YouAreNobody: 10:15am On Jul 28
CilicMarin:

May God Bless Nigeria.

You're repeating the same gibberish you were spewing during buhari's years.

Shame on you and your kind
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by djon78(m): 10:21am On Jul 28
BeardedMeat:
Farooq kperogi reduced Thinubu to the level of filthy rags he is, he even orphanized him even in the presence of his Agbado colony.
A whole lord of bourdillon!

Upon all the money Thinubu has been spending on the North since 1999, it still couldn't earn him a cozy place in their hearts.

This is a lesson to all men who think money can buy love. Money can only buy you the artificial love of a woman.
Thinubu is a case study.

So, Peter Obi an Igbo man is the one now touted to command a fearsome followership, I thought the yellows said igbos can never produce a politician with huge political following?
Now, their expired hero beer in Aso rock trembles at the sight of Peter Obi!

As the Aboki at my gate would usually say, such as life. 😁

Exactly

With all his financial donations he couldn't win there heart

While Obi wey no dey give shishi now has cult followers

The cult followers isn't just Easterners but cuts across the country
Even some South Westerners follow him

1 Like

Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by sacajawea(m): 10:34am On Jul 28
CilicMarin:

May God Bless Nigeria.
LOOL... Heheheh
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by membranus: 10:43am On Jul 28
BeardedMeat:
Farooq kperogi reduced Thinubu to the level of filthy rags he is, he even orphanized him even in the presence of his Agbado colony.
A whole lord of bourdillon!

Upon all the money Thinubu has been spending on the North since 1999, it still couldn't earn him a cozy place in their hearts.

This is a lesson to all men who think money can buy love. Money can only buy you the artificial love of a woman.
Thinubu is a case study.

So, Peter Obi an Igbo man is the one now touted to command a fearsome followership, I thought the yellows said igbos can never produce a politician with huge political following?
Now, their expired hero beer in Aso rock trembles at the sight of Peter Obi!

As the Aboki at my gate would usually say, such as life. 😁
Kenneth Okonkwo path ways with Obi.
http:///42a8ba89240728en_ng?link=1&client=news
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by WikeTheDrunk(f): 10:47am On Jul 28
CilicMarin:

May God Bless Nigeria.

Coward online warrior
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by surgical: 10:50am On Jul 28
ALTERNATEID:
Do we have governors in Nigeria at all? What exactly are they doing to help the people? How come no one ever talk about state governors who collectively collects about 48% of all revenues accruable to the Federation Account?
you all try your best to shift attention from Tinubu to governors to make them the fall guy for an offence Tinubu has committed
Tinubu is responsible for the hardship the people are facing he should solve it,his policies are responsible, the governors can't do much in that regard, they have no control on monetary and fiscal policies, which is the cause of the problem
You see that when the center was better managed during the pdp years ,you will observe that no matter how poorly the governors performed in their respective states, no where in the country experienced extreme hardship like we see now
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by BeardedMeat(m): 10:55am On Jul 28
membranus:

Kenneth Okonkwo path ways with Obi.
http:///42a8ba89240728en_ng?link=1&client=news
Kenneth Okonkwo never stood any chance where integrity was required. I say good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Protests: Tinubu’s Real Troubles Are Just Beginning - Farooq Kperogi by BeardedMeat(m): 10:56am On Jul 28
djon78:

Exactly

With all his financial donations he couldn't win there heart

While Obi wey no dey give shishi now has cult followers

The cult followers isn't just Easterners but cuts across the country
Even some South Westerners follow him
Two years, who could believe it's Peter Obi that could be the headache of a ruling party?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: General Abubakar Kicks Against Zoning, Defends 1999 Constitution / Insecurity Has Started Again Why Can’t State Govs Take FG To Court? - Rufai / Benue Governor, Ortom, Buys N.5Billion Luxury Vehicles For Aides - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.