Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,346 members, 7,961,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 04:18 PM

Reaction Required: If I Was Mr President Today! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reaction Required: If I Was Mr President Today! (154 Views)

CJN: NJC Sends Kekere-ekun’s Name To President Today / His Excellency Bola Ahmed Tinubu And Joe Biden US President Today. / Oshiomhole To Declare For President Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reaction Required: If I Was Mr President Today! by bbus: 5:50am On Jul 28
REACTION REQUIRED: IF I WAS MR PRESIDENT TODAY!

In the face of the dire situation (economic hardship & perceived civil unrest) As a Leader to be termed RESPONSIBLE!

I would Immediately make it my primary function to speak to my citizens every day at a scheduled time through all outlets and Live broadcasts.
I was reading a piece yesterday showing the ongoing plans around the Calabar highway and the other extended benefits e.g electricity generation possibilities and irrigation potentials etc
SEE link: https://www.nairaland.com/8167024/nigerias-economy-path-recovery-im#131172904

Upon seeing this...some form of hope arose within me and I felt like at least this is a bit 'visionary'.

Leaders need to have a sense of accountability and engagement directly with the citizenry. African Leaders need to Learn from their western counterparts how to "Get down from that high horse" and speak like normal human beings who know that these positions are Critical temporary positions of privileges that must be administered with utmost sanctity, transparency and accountability to Man and to God.

What would you be doing now IF YOU WERE THE PRESIDENT??

You never know some relevant person may take a cue from your response.....
Re: Reaction Required: If I Was Mr President Today! by helinues: 6:55am On Jul 28
President Ruto didn't miss speaking every Sunday for over a year, yet the Kenyans still went to the street.

It's not about speaking but taking the right action

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reaction Required: If I Was Mr President Today! by bbus: 8:01am On Jul 28
I think we should always be diligent enough to read properly and in context before responding.
Firstly, the reaction required from above post was : IF I WAS MR PRESIDENT TODAY... Give an idea of what 'YOU' would do. (Not to critic another person's idea of what they would do)

You can see how easy it is to criticize others unconsciously without ourselves having or giving NO CONTRIBUTION in a discuss.

Secondly, the post was specifically to Nigeria's own current situation TODAY and not whatever they were doing or saying in Kenya.

The post is very specific and responses or reaction should also be specific. Eg.....If I were Nigeria's president today I would reverse my fuel subsidy decision and apologize for the hardship caused.

Pls feel free to jump in with your own presidential Next Action!!! Happy Sunday smiley

(1) (Reply)

How We Witnessed Increase In Cost Of Commodities / Protest Day 3' | Most Touching Voices & Moments Of Day Three / Hardship: We ‘re Yet To Receive Fg’s 20 Trucks Of Rice – Taraba Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.