Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,840 members, 7,945,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 12:35 AM

If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! (454 Views)

INEC: We Faced Challenges With The Irev Portal Due To Technical Glitches / "We Are Not Yet Ripe For It": APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, IReV / What They Told You About Yahaya Bello Vs The Truth (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by successmatters(m): 7:15am On Jul 28
The hypocrisy of some Nigerians is nauseating. You had an election where the electoral body assured you they will use IREV, the opposition LP was in the lead in the early announced results, suddenly they announced IREV portal crashed, and they started announcing results manually.

The ruling party started winning, and surpassed all the lead of the opposition, and BAM! They were declared winners.

You sat down and considered your options, you thought, the victim of the result is an Igbo man, he should go and sit down somewhere. Miscreants were posting "Igbos will never rule Nigeria " and you clapped. The whole events were skewed away with religious and ethnic conflagration, you decided to sweep it under the carpet, and forget it happened.

Well, the chickens will always come home to roost, eventually.

What moral justification do you have to go out and protest tomorrow, you want to protest hunger tomorrow,but didn't protest injustice yesterday.

May God judge all of you.

Me, am never going to protest, it's too late to cry.

Let Tinubu complete his 8 years, maybe by the time all of us suffer and die down to a percentage, some stupid people will reduce in Nigeria for real progress to be made. Maybe our offsprings will learn from this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by Ikaeniyan0: 7:19am On Jul 28
successmatters:
The hypocrisy of some Nigerians is nauseating. You had an election where the electoral body assured you they will use IREV, the opposition LP was in the lead in the early announced results, suddenly they announced IREV portal crashed, and they started announcing results manually.

The ruling party started winning, and surpassed all the lead of the opposition, and BAM! They were declared winners.

You sat down and considered your options, you thought, the victim of the result is an Igbo man, he should go and sit down somewhere. Miscreants were posting "Igbos will never rule Nigeria " and you clapped. The whole events were skewed away with religious and ethnic conflagration, you decided to sweep it under the carpet, and forget it happened.

What moral justification do you have to go out and protest tomorrow, you want to protest hunger tomorrow,but didn't protest injustice yesterday.

Let Tinubu complete his 8 years, maybe by the time all of us suffer and die down to a percentage, some stupid people will reduce in Nigeria for real progress to be made. Maybe our offsprings will learn from this.
The results of each polling unit is out in the open. INEC showed evidence IREV crashed, and even though IREV crashed or not, the result will be the same

3 Likes

Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by Thiefobi1: 7:30am On Jul 28
successmatters:

But the reported malfunction did not affect obi score in lagos, Abuja, plateau, Anambra, Enugu and co.

3 Likes

Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by helinues: 7:31am On Jul 28
grin cheesy

Na only trees no dey move. Election losers should move on

12 Likes

Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by successmatters(m): 7:39am On Jul 28
Ikaeniyan0:
The results of each polling unit is out in the open. INEC showed evidence IREV crashed, and even though IREV crashed or not, the result will be the same

If I tell you what I noticed in my own polling unit, you will cry for Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by successmatters(m): 7:40am On Jul 28
helinues:
grin cheesy

Na only trees no dey move. Election losers should move on

You're correct my brother, even hungry idiots should move on

1 Share

Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by Gregorystarrrr(f): 7:43am On Jul 28
Politics and insult na 5&6
Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by DMerciful(m): 7:57am On Jul 28
Your diversionary tactics will not work. We're beyond 2023 elections.

This planned protest is about ending bad governance
successmatters:

Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by hisgrace090: 7:59am On Jul 28
The burden is so much for Nigerians today.
Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by successmatters(m): 8:25am On Jul 28
DMerciful:
Your diversionary tactics will not work. We're beyond 2023 elections.

This planned protest is about ending bad governance

Really? grin grin

Then we should also find a way to move beyond hunger somehow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by Abee79(m): 8:27am On Jul 28
Your lame attempt to gaslight concerned Nigerians who want a better nation is duly noted and flushed down the toilet accordingly. Thank you 😊
Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by successmatters(m): 8:29am On Jul 28
Abee79:
Your lame attempt to gaslight concerned Nigerians who want a better nation is duly noted and flushed down the toilet accordingly. Thank you 😊

Okay, keep repeating yourself in every thread.

2 Likes

Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by JagabanB: 8:35am On Jul 28
Who declared the early results where LP was winning?
INEC or Obidents?
U foIks love living in deIusîons, this is the new Iie u want to peddIe now?
Obidents said Obi got 1.2m votes in Plateau, 1m in Anambra and started circulating it on social media whereas the actual results were half of that number, are those the kind of early results u foIks are talking about or the results from polling units in SE are what u call early results?
U and I know Obi never stood a chance at winning, but u want to make urseIves believe he won, he won from 3rd position?
Rather than seeing ur short comings and working on them ahead of next election, u want to keep deceiving urseIves that u won the last one and u will Iose in the next one because u haven't addressed ur IoophoIes.

1 Like

Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by JagabanB: 8:37am On Jul 28
successmatters:

Bring evidence that the result from your polling unit was aItered.

1 Like

Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by Abee79(m): 8:45am On Jul 28
successmatters:

Okay, keep repeating yourself in every thread.
Thanks for your advice. It's been noted and flushed down the toilet accordingly 😁
Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by successmatters(m): 8:53am On Jul 28
JagabanB:
Who declared the early results where LP was winning?
INEC or Obidents?
U foIks love living in deIusîons, this is the new Iie u want to peddIe now?
Obidents said Obi got 1.2m votes in Plateau, 1m in Anambra and started circulating it on social media whereas the actual results were half of that number, are those the kind of early results u foIks are talking about or the results from polling units in SE are what u call early results?
U and I know Obi never stood a chance at winning, but u want to make urseIves believe he won, he won from 3rd position?
Rather than seeing ur short comings and working on them ahead of next election, u want to keep deceiving urseIves that u won the last one and u will Iose in the next one because u haven't addressed ur IoophoIes.

No problem, just don't disturb us in your pissful protest. Keep it in your villages. Don't bring it to where we live and do business.

1 Like

Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by DMerciful(m): 9:04am On Jul 28
Yes but forcing govt hands through protest
successmatters:

Really? grin grin

Then we should also find a way to move beyond hunger somehow.
Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by Ikaeniyan0: 9:33am On Jul 28
successmatters:

What happened in your polling unit and happened in soke other few polling unit. what happened in your poling units that almost made people like you cry for Nigeria didn't happen in up to 3% of the polling unit, the election went smoothly in more than 95% of the polling unit

2 Likes

Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by JagabanB: 9:37am On Jul 28
successmatters:

No problem, just don't disturb us in your pissful protest. Keep it in your villages. Don't bring it to where we live and do business.
U are the ones clamouring for protests and all of sudden, it is us?

1 Like

Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by successmatters(m): 10:10am On Jul 28
DMerciful:
Yes but forcing govt hands through protest

Wishing you Goodluck.
Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by successmatters(m): 10:11am On Jul 28
Ikaeniyan0:
What happened in your polling unit and happened in soke other few polling unit. what happened in your poling units that almost made people like you cry for Nigeria didn't happen in up to 3% of the polling unit, the election went smoothly in more than 95% of the polling unit

That's why 3% of us are asking to be left alone. We no go protest.

1 Like

Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by successmatters(m): 10:12am On Jul 28
JagabanB:

U are the ones clamouring for protests and all of sudden, it is us?

I am not sowore.

1 Like

Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by JagabanB: 10:49am On Jul 28
successmatters:

I am not sowore.
I don't look like Sowore either.
Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by mightyhazel: 10:54am On Jul 28
God Bless This Op for echoing my thoughts

1 Like

Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by Ikaeniyan0: 11:05am On Jul 28
successmatters:

That's why 3% of us are asking to be left alone. We no go protest.
People have the right to protest
Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by successmatters(m): 11:11am On Jul 28
Ikaeniyan0:
People have the right to protest

Eniyanman, it's not about rights, it's about the genuineness of their intentions. People should not be penny wise and pound foolish.
Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by successmatters(m): 11:17am On Jul 28
mightyhazel:
God Bless This Op for echoing my thoughts

My problem is, we should have started to solve this problem a long time ago. I have factored this bad administration into my short term plans, and I think I can survive their madness. But I haven't factored this sudden unplanned protests into my plan.

For me and other business people still trying to survive in this caustic business environment, throwing in a protest which might turn violent may just worsen things for everyone. We need stability now, the ship of protest has sailed, since we didn't start it when bigger evils happened.

People should understand and endure for some time. Half peace is better than chaos.
Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by Ojiofor: 11:25am On Jul 28
successmatters:

What do you want LP supporters to do when their leader PO does not want problems and was indecisive?
If PO had called for action people were ready to turn the country upside down with protest.This is one of the reasons Kenneth Okonkwo gave in his letter.A leader have to be a leader.
Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by bigpicture001: 11:30am On Jul 28
successmatters:

Tell us...let's just hear...at least for education and better understanding
Re: If You Didn't Protest When They Told You IREV Malfunctioned, Shame On You! by successmatters(m): 11:40am On Jul 28
Ojiofor:

What do you want LP supporters to do when their leader PO does not want problems and was indecisive?
If PO had called for action people were ready to turn the country upside down with protest.This is one of the reasons Kenneth Okonkwo gave in his letter.A leader have to be a leader.

This is not about Peter Obi but about the indolence of Nigerians. This about how we cherry pick our grievances. An injustice to one is an injustice to all. It doesn't have to start from Peter Obi alone. If he had called, people will call it an Igbo coup, and you know where it will end.

Now Nigeria is in trouble because of that, why are we now crying, its too late. Abeg let me trade my goods in peace, I don't want to waste my time fighting the symptoms while allowing the disease to fester.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking:Kano State Government Has Declared 24-hour Curfew / Proponents Of Protests Backed Out Over Russian Flags In The North / Rivers Politics: Stop The Abnormal Comparison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.