Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,475 members, 7,929,569 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 04:59 PM

EFCC -- Obj + Annenih Are Criminals. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC -- Obj + Annenih Are Criminals. (830 Views)

Ike Ekwereamadu Blasts Buhari:'If People Around U Are Criminals,We Are Not' / Is Annenih Paying The Price For Being Loyal To Jonathan / Obasanjo Overthrows Annenih In What Could Divide Pdp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC -- Obj + Annenih Are Criminals. by babasin(m): 11:26am On Sep 26, 2007
The Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, has said that he is ready to die to rid the nation of corruption.

Whenever any Govt official says this, we know they are trying to protect their income. Ribadu should spare us.
cool grin angry cool

Responding to a question from a member of the audience on why the EFCC had refused to arrest former President Olusegun Obasanjo and a former Minister of Works, Chief Tony Anenih, Ribadu said Obasanjo ought to be given credit for initiating the anti-coruption war.

He said contrary to the figure quoted as the budget of the ministry under Anenih, the EFCC found out that it got less than N50bn instead of N300bn vote.

Interesting, this means OBJ was evil: he only allocated N50bn to fix all Nigeria roads while Abuja Stadium was built with N12bn??

Ribadu is lying, surely.
grin grin grin

He added, “There are worse criminals than Obasanjo and Anenih.

“People should be asking that such criminals should be brought to justice rather than Obasanjo.”

So he admits that OBJ + Anneh are crimnal!  Thats honest.
grin cheesy grin

To those who insist that the anti-corruption war is selective, the EFCC chairman simply said, ”If Nuhu is not doing it – going after them – another person can.”

Ribadu lost me on this one.

grin cool

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200709260283853
Re: EFCC -- Obj + Annenih Are Criminals. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 26, 2007
babasin:

To those who insist that the anti-corruption war is selective, the EFCC chairman simply said, ”If Nuhu is not doing it – going after them – another person can.”

Ribadu lost me on this one.

grin cool

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200709260283853

Translation: We had to start from somewhere. Rome was definitely not built in a day.
Re: EFCC -- Obj + Annenih Are Criminals. by chidichris(m): 4:35pm On Sep 26, 2007
a picture of our road under Annenih and obj, an expressway - enugu - ph expressway.
if ribadu finds out that N50 billion was given against 300 billion then we will be forced to ask where is 250billion maybe in transcrop or bell university.
well, tony annenih is out of the question as he has said it times without numbers that no pot is big enough to cook him as long as nigeria is concerned. i am here to tell you that the man(annenih) knows a lot so a touch on his personality can take nigeria and nigerians to the most secret places of our dear devil(obj)
by the way, marwa was arrested and released after agreement and some refunds before the presidential election giving him the sample of what it will look like if he continues in his presidential ambition - today he is an ambassadorial nominee.
a man who stole money and was caught as a public officer is now been appointed again.
we are all going mad in nigeria.
i am here to inform yar adua on the need to appoint kalu, alams and Ngige to some important sector of our economy.
ribadu does not need our consent to die, suicide will be better for him for allowing himself to be used.

Re: EFCC -- Obj + Annenih Are Criminals. by babasin(m): 6:01pm On Sep 26, 2007
@chidchris,
if ribadu finds out that N50 billion was given against 300 billion then we will be forced to ask where is 250billion maybe in transcrop or bell university

Well said. You have hit the nail on the head. 

Ribadu should stop deceiving himself and gullible Nigerians.

by the way, marwa was arrested and released after agreement and some refunds before the presidential election giving him the sample of what it will look like if he continues in his presidential ambition - today he is an ambassadorial nominee.

You are winner on that.
grin cheesy grin
Re: EFCC -- Obj + Annenih Are Criminals. by angel101(f): 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2007
Sounds like a joke to me
Re: EFCC -- Obj + Annenih Are Criminals. by saintchux(m): 9:50pm On Sep 26, 2007
If Ribadu want to die, I have not objection to that, but he should not saying that he is ready to die to rid Nigeria corruption because there is no sign that shows that we want to even break him leg in fighting corruption.

Ribadu want us to write petition against OBJ before he start to investigate him.
Ribadu want us to write petition against IBB before he investigate him.

All the petition written by Gani against IBB is not enough, what does Ribadu want before he prosecute IBB?

Let him tell us people that wrote petition on Atiku, Orji Uzor Kalu, Peter Odili, Chimaroke Nnamani, Joshua Dariye etc that he have investigated and prosecuted,

Ribadu is only deceiving himself, when he start fighting corruption we will know.
Re: EFCC -- Obj + Annenih Are Criminals. by chidichris(m): 11:07am On Sep 27, 2007
i have changed my mind, he must not die until we know the end of his fight against corruption.
we want to see how he will handle this war at hand in the house of reps.
he can die after fighting the war in the house of corruption.
etteh is set to be the next in line hope he will fight well as usual before dying.
Re: EFCC -- Obj + Annenih Are Criminals. by hdemocrat(m): 12:18pm On Sep 27, 2007
Since Ribadu has agreed that both OBJ and Annenih are thiefs and rogues,what is he waiting for?Let him arrest and prosecute them.But Can He?
Re: EFCC -- Obj + Annenih Are Criminals. by hdemocrat(m): 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2007
Come October 1st, Nigeria will be celebrating her 47th independence anniversary, but the question is "IS NIGERIA TRULY INDEPENDENT?"
Though Nigeria might have gained her independence from the colonial master but 47 years after how far has she gone?
Nigerians are not really being enslaved by outsiders but by fellow Nigerians. Education is nothing to write home about, power zero and there are mass unemployment while poverty rate is on the increase.
In your own opinion, do you think Nigeria is truly Independent?
Re: EFCC -- Obj + Annenih Are Criminals. by babasin(m): 2:04pm On Sep 27, 2007
@chidichris
i have changed my mind, he must not die until we know the end of his fight against corruption.
we want to see how he will handle this war at hand in the house of reps.

Fully agreed.

All eyes on loud-mouth ribadu who wants to die for Nigeria, his Nigeria(fully of $, £, estacodes, villa in abuja)

grin grin grin
Re: EFCC -- Obj + Annenih Are Criminals. by chidichris(m): 6:57pm On Sep 27, 2007
from the confirmation of transparency international, nigeria is the 32nd most corrupt country in the world. how far has this war on corruption by efcc helped us. it has really increased the level of corruption because the new parttern of corruption allows loyalists to do whatever they like and get away with it.
such is the new case in nigeria otherwise, ribadu shld be able to tell nigerians why andy uba's case of money laundary means nothing to him. he shld be able to tell us how he know that turaki did not spend his state's funds on third term.
let him tell us what happened to n250 billion obj mapped out for roads and then let him justify the n50 billion annenih confirmed reciept from fg and the states of our roads.
he shld be able to name at least a loyalist of obj within his eight years in power that has been caught in the web of efcc.
these corruption fighting organisations in nigeria should be able to tell nigerians what corruption is all about and how chris uba and adedibu are yet to be confirmed corrupt.
i believe oprah in her theory of corruption in nigeria.
with time, we will begin to see how corrupt efcc herself is.

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Madam Speaker / Nine Killed In Burmese Crackdown / South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.