Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,250 members, 7,974,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:47 PM

World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action (5721 Views)

World Hepatitis Day; Every 30 Seconds Someone Dies Of Hepatitis / World Hepatitis Day : A Hepatitis Free Future / World Hepatitis Day: Are Hepatitis B And C Curable? An Overview- Dr Seyitan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by Dpharmacist: 10:21am On Jul 28
Today is World Hepatitis Day, observed on 28 July, which raises awareness of viral hepatitis, an inflammation of the liver that causes severe liver disease and cancer.

This year’s theme is: It’s time for action. With a person dying every 30 seconds from a hepatitis-related illness, we must accelerate action on better prevention, diagnosis, and treatment to save lives and improve health outcomes.

There are 5 main strains of the hepatitis virus – A, B, C, D, and E. Together, hepatitis B and C are the most common infections and result in 1.3 million deaths and 2.2 million new infections per year.

Despite better tools for diagnosis and treatment, and decreasing product prices, testing and treatment coverage rates have stalled.

But, reaching the WHO elimination goal by 2030 should still be achievable, if swift action is taken now.

Hepatitis: Symptoms

Fatigue, bloating, dark urine, clay-coloured stools, pain, inflammation, weight loss, jaundice, loss of weight, weakness, and other conditions that depend on an individual's liver condition, personal health, age, and immunity are common hepatitis symptoms in prolonged conditions.

When there are no symptoms in the early stages of Hepatitis B and C, the condition becomes alarming but progresses to liver failure and, in more severe cases, death.

Treatment

Hepatitis A: In most cases, there is no need for treatment, and recovery is usually complete without permanent damage to the liver.

Hepatitis B: Antiviral medicines can assist with overseeing chronic hepatitis B, yet there is no cure. There is a vaccine available.

Hepatitis C: The majority of cases can be treated with antiviral medications. Early treatment and regular screenings are essential.

Hepatitis D: There is no specific antiviral treatment for hepatitis D. Managing the infection is crucial.

Hepatitis E: Most cases go away on their own; severe cases may need hospitalisation.

Let's join to beat hepatitis.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by Matheusmartin: 6:51pm On Jul 28
Nice one pharm.

How easy is it for one to get this vaccine??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by Digixtreme: 6:51pm On Jul 28
Play

1 Like

Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by 2mch(m): 6:52pm On Jul 28
Hepatitis C has cure. Hepatitis B will soon have cure. Most adults are exposed to it and it goes away by itself. Except those who their body can’t successfully fight it. But everybody should get tested. Most people live long lives without medication. There is also a vaccine for Hepatitis B, make sure everyone in your household is vaccinated. Not everyone’s body can get rid of the virus.

9 Likes

Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by Fatbam003: 6:52pm On Jul 28
May sickness be far from our abode . Amen

8 Likes

Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by Imoksp(m): 6:53pm On Jul 28
Herbal products available for anyone with hepatitis at a price affordable. DM me
Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by EyeCumInPiece: 6:54pm On Jul 28
Abeg leave that one for now.
The only action we need now na protests against Tinubulation. grin

6 Likes

Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by finallybusy: 6:55pm On Jul 28
Every day is world-one-thing-or-another.

3 Likes

Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by richiemcgold: 6:56pm On Jul 28
The article failed to state the causes of the disease

11 Likes

Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by Oxb90: 6:59pm On Jul 28
And the western world are busy sponsoring LGBT.

1 Like

Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by nautybride: 7:01pm On Jul 28
cool

Hepatitis can be caused by:
Immune cells in the body attacking the liver.
Infections from viruses (such as hepatitis A, hepatitis B, or hepatitis C), bacteria, or parasites.
Liver damage from alcohol or poison.
Medicines, such as an overdose of acetaminophen.
Fatty liver.etc.

1 Like

Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by rollywise(m): 7:01pm On Jul 28
Imoksp:
Herbal products available for anyone with hepatitis at a price affordable. DM me

Na wa. But them say they should not take anything like herbs that it will worsten the liver condition
Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by independence22: 7:03pm On Jul 28
Farmers and Students that need guidance on crop experiment set up and data collection using standardize descriptor. From undergraduate to post graduate. Any crop be it soybean, Cowpea, Bambara groundnut, cassava, yam, mung bean, kidney bean, groundnut etc. Viable seeds are available for SALE. Please contact me.
Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by Amgreatfu: 7:18pm On Jul 28
sad
Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by omojeesu(m): 7:23pm On Jul 28
Boost your glutathione levels
Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by omojeesu(m): 7:24pm On Jul 28
Matheusmartin:
Nice one pharm.

How easy is it for one to get this vaccine??

Exactly what they want!
Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by Verbtips(m): 7:26pm On Jul 28
Fatbam003:
May sickness be far from our abode . Amen
amen
Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:34pm On Jul 28
3500 / shot for 3 months... I think the vaccine for this ailment should be subsidized or made free like other vaccines in the past ( yellow fever et all). It will drive a wider coverage
Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by omojeesu(m): 7:37pm On Jul 28
When are we the sleeping, programmed and brainwashed world wake up to these vaccines pedlars?
Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by OCHKESTINE(m): 7:41pm On Jul 28
Been on tenofovir medication for the past 2 and half years for chronic Hep-B.
Every 6 months I spend over 80k on all test because I am not on HMO,
Tenofovir used to be around 5k for a bottle of 30 tablets, it moved to around 18k due to this current economy.

If u know where I can get subsidised medication and periodic screening, kindly let me know.

3 Likes

Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by Nobleou(m): 7:54pm On Jul 28
There is cure for hepatitis in Benue State
Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by Imoksp(m): 7:55pm On Jul 28
rollywise:

Na wa. But them say they should not take anything like herbs that it will worsten the liver condition
That's a big lie. They don't want you to get healed by natural means but instead keep gulping chemical laden drugs into your system that's bad for your liver. Herbs given to us by God Almighty is there for our use.

1 Like

Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by Davoneskay(m): 8:17pm On Jul 28
Someone told me that the cure to herpatitis B (the one that affects the liver). I don't know how true it is. Anyway, here is the purported cure:

1 teaspoon of salt
A bottle of sprite.

Preparation: get a large cup (there's a reason it has to be large). Pour a teaspoon of salt into the cup and thereafter, the sprite. Ensure that the foaming drink does not spill on the floor (e get reason). Drink the whole content and that's the end of the sickness ...so I was told.

NB: the cup should be very big so that even if the drink foams hard it doesn't spill on the floor else it doesn't work ( that's quite funny). I may not totally believe it sha. And the Sprite drink shouldn't be can but, bottle.
Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by Asquare84(m): 8:18pm On Jul 28
Ther is cute for hepatitis B, I was diagnosed and got treated for the disease, the doctor came all the way from jos to Abuja to treat people with hepatitis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by Asquare84(m): 8:19pm On Jul 28
Davoneskay:
Someone told me that the cure to herpatitis B (the one that affects the liver). I don't know how true it is. Anyway, here is the purported cure:

1 teaspoon of salt
A bottle of sprite.

Preparation: get a large cup (there's a reason it has to be large). Pour a teaspoon of salt into the cup and thereafter, the sprite. Ensure that the foaming drink does not spill on the floor (e get reason). Drink the whole content and that's the end of the sickness ...so I was told.

NB: the cup should be very big so that even if the drink foams hard it doesn't spill on the floor else it doesn't work ( that's quite funny). I may not totally believe it sha. And the Sprite drink shouldn't be can but, bottle.

Are you sure this is true.
Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by Anguldi(m): 8:41pm On Jul 28
I did on 18th shocked
Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by Davoneskay(m): 8:41pm On Jul 28
Asquare84:

Are you sure this is true.

If you really read my write-up you'd know I cannot totally affirm it. I was told by a man who is familiar with the occult. Again, I cannot attest to it.
Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by tallfish145(m): 8:54pm On Jul 28
rollywise:

That disease nearly killed me 2004 if not for herb. I went to the hospital but that was a mistake

1 Like

Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by rollywise(m): 8:57pm On Jul 28
tallfish145:
That disease nearly killed me 2004 if not for herb. I went to the hospital but that was a mistake

Send me your watsap bro
Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by Timmade007(m): 9:34pm On Jul 28
tallfish145:

Chief wat did u use to battle it??

I am in the same shit currently
Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by tallfish145(m): 9:50pm On Jul 28
Timmade007:

Chief wat did u use to battle it??

I am in the same shit currently
Na one herbalist made the herb for me in my hometown, Osun state
Re: World Hepatitis Day: It's Time For Action by tallfish145(m): 9:52pm On Jul 28
rollywise:

Send me your watsap bro
call me direct. 08039443344

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bauchi Discharges 9 COVID-19 Patients Today / COVID-19 Update For September 9 2021 In Nigeria / 80% Of Nafdac’s Equipment Not Working – DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.