Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,033 members, 7,946,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 06:57 PM

Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde (478 Views)

Ipob-Igbo Women Cries Bitterly,it Is Not Fulanis But Igbos Destroying Properties / Claim That UN Will Intervene After 30 Days Of EndSars Protest Is Fake / #ENDSARS: It’s Your Right To Protest, Buhari Tells Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by press9jatv: 10:57am On Jul 28
“Protest is your right, please do it peacefully without destroying lives and properties”

~ Seyi Makinde pleads with protesters.

https://x.com/NigeriaStories/status/1817467164925837525O

2 Shares

Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by press9jatv: 10:58am On Jul 28
Seyi makinde has always support his people when they intend to protest for what is demanding from the government. This is not his first time, and I believe they will listen to him by making it a peaceful protest.
Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by Mrfixitt(m): 10:59am On Jul 28
Makinde is on point. Agbado miscreants are all over the Internet saying otherwise. Bunch of regards

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by press9jatv: 11:01am On Jul 28
No one is going to destroy anything. It is the APC and Tinubu will bring in hoodlums into this protest. We must be careful and fish them out.

Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by Aboks(m): 11:12am On Jul 28
Protest protest protest
Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by Ddeliverer007(m): 11:17am On Jul 28
This is a wise, rich Governor. But a helinus or two that are unemployed, hungry and always beating their younger siblings who question their redundancy in life is all over nairaland drooling in stupidity..

1 Like

Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by richiemcgold: 11:22am On Jul 28
In a nutshell, Makinde isn't against the protest.
Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by LagosPrince: 11:23am On Jul 28
The whole south west will join in the protest
Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by Iamgrey5(m): 11:28am On Jul 28
LagosPrince:
The whole south west will join in the protest
Not in Ibadan or Oyo state oh.

8 Likes

Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by omowolewa: 11:30am On Jul 28
Bad Governance
Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by Iamgrey5(m): 11:30am On Jul 28
press9jatv:
No one is going to destroy anything. It is the APC and Tinubu will bring in hoodlums into this protest. We must be careful and fish them out.
Most Youth association have been warned in Oyo state within the week.

I know what I am talking about

I have been to Oke Ogun axis the past two weeks because of my work..

Don't follow this guy to destroy Oyo state's peace.

8 Likes

Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by press9jatv: 11:33am On Jul 28
Iamgrey5:

protest will surely hold in oyo state too and it will be very massive. Too much hunger in the land. An hungry man is an angry man.
Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by press9jatv: 11:34am On Jul 28
Iamgrey5:
it will hold in ibadan and other cities in oyo state. Infact seyi Makinde will attend to the protesters too.
Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by Iamgrey5(m): 11:35am On Jul 28
press9jatv:
protest will surely hold in oyo state too and it will be very massive. Too much hunger in the land. An hungry man is an angry man.
Protest will not hold.

Imams and pastors being warning people since last week.

4 Likes

Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by Iamgrey5(m): 11:35am On Jul 28
press9jatv:
it will hold in ibadan and other cities in oyo state. Infact seyi Makinde will attend to the protesters too.
Seyi Makinde has gone on Vacation since last week.

6 Likes

Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by yarimo(m): 12:33pm On Jul 28
MAKINDE criminals Obidients will not like your advice oo 🤣 thieves

5 Likes

Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by press9jatv: 12:33pm On Jul 28
Iamgrey5:
Protest will not hold.

Imams and pastors being warning people since last week.

you will see the pictures of massive protest nationwide on nairaland . Be prepared
Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by Googledotcom: 12:40pm On Jul 28
Iamgrey5:
Says one man sitting and typing from his toilet.
Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by Iamgrey5(m): 12:42pm On Jul 28
Googledotcom:
Says one man sitting and typing from his toilet.
I have been to five local government area in Oyo state over the last months and I know people have been warned.

6 Likes

Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by JagabanB: 12:45pm On Jul 28
press9jatv:
It is APC and Tinubu that are looking for Sanwo-Olu's house address?
Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by GeneralPula: 12:48pm On Jul 28
His kids won’t be there tho..

So think wisely..

4 Likes

Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by kunle4toyeyaho: 12:49pm On Jul 28
Iamgrey5:

The protest is needless. Tinubu is very courageous to take some bold steps. Somebody met a debt of N77trillion and an advance sale of crude,yet Nigerians want him to continue piling up the debt by continuing paying for subsidy and indirectly subsidising Niger,Cameroon &Benin Republic.

Gov. Makinde always play to the gallery as usual,a man who has not done anything to help the hardship in Oyo state is also encouraging protest. Agric settlement he promised along Ibarapa area/ Ido LG has not taken off since 2019 till date despite the huge resources allegedly channelled towards it.

2 Likes

Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by Shikini: 1:05pm On Jul 28
Good
Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by obonujoker(m): 1:12pm On Jul 28
Iamgrey5:

What peace??

Begging and hungry peace??
Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by press9jatv: 1:25pm On Jul 28
The Nigerian Constitution guarantees the right to freedom of protest under several provisions, primarily focusing on freedom of expression, assembly, and association. These rights are enshrined in Chapter IV of the Constitution, which deals with Fundamental Rights.

1. Freedom of Expression

• Section 39(1):
“Every person shall be entitled to freedom of expression, including freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart ideas and information without interference.”

This provision guarantees individuals the right to express their opinions and ideas freely, which is fundamental to the right to protest.

2. Freedom of Assembly and Association

• Section 40:
“Every person shall be entitled to assemble freely and associate with other persons, and in particular, he may form or belong to any political party, trade union, or any other association for the protection of his interests.”

This section affirms the right to peaceful assembly and association, which includes the right to organize and participate in protests and demonstrations.

1 Share

Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by Goodnewsforlife: 1:28pm On Jul 28
Mrfixitt:
Makinde is on point. Agbado miscreants are all over the Internet saying otherwise. Bunch of regards
all we are telling u igbos is that we are protesting n not talking about forceful change of government or removing tinubu

If your plan is peaceful protest then u are welcome but if you think of revolution or removing tinubu then u are on your own
Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by Grace001: 1:30pm On Jul 28
Failed country governed by wicked and heartless rulers.

The sad truth is that, the m0f0s/stvpid people who voted this Apc useless government won’t come out to protest oo.

It’s the innocent people that will come out and protest, that’s why I’m saying be careful when you go out there to protest, don’t let the useless Nigerian government known for killing her citizen to kill You.

This God forsaken failed country isn’t worth dieing for.

Nigerian government kill her citizens without remorse just to use some few as scape goat (don’t be that scape goat)
Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by press9jatv: 1:32pm On Jul 28
August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest - Seyi Makinde
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has declared that the widespread anger and hunger across the country is the main reason for the planned protest.

Makinde made this declaration while speaking at the grand finale of the 2024 Ibadan Cultural Week, organised by Central Council of Ibadan Indigenes (CCII).

DAILY POST reports that August 1 has been fixed as the day for a nationwide protest against hunger across the country.

Makinde, while addressing the audience at the event held on Saturday at Obafemi Awolowo Stadium, Ibadan, the state capital, maintained that people have the right to protest.

He said that Nigerians planning to protest over hardship in the country should exercise their rights in a peaceful manner and not resort to violence or destruction of public facilities.

He advised the protesters not to destroy government property.

Makinde said, “Nigeria could be in this situation for now. We could be experiencing anger and hunger in the land and that is why our people want to protest.

“Yes, protest is everybody’s right. But remember that we used your money to build all the structures and facilities we have put in place in this state, not mine.

“So, if you want to protest, it must be peaceful.

“If you begin your protest, don’t destroy government properties, otherwise, we will have to use the money we are supposed to spend on meaningful projects to replace facilities that may get destroyed.”

https://dailypost.ng/2024/07/28/august-1-widespread-anger-hunger-responsible-for-planned-protest-makinde/

Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by Melagros(m): 2:16pm On Jul 28
COMRADES, any governor who is intimidating protesters in his state, may he never see peace in family
Re: Protest Is Your Right, Do It Peacefully Without Destroying Properties - Makinde by press9jatv: 3:41pm On Jul 28
#EndBadGovernance Protest Is War Against Hunger, Starvation, Not Against Nigerian State, Says Pan-Yoruba Group | Sahara Reporters https:///3YnCXEa

(1) (Reply)

Protesters Take Over Major Roads In Maiduguri Despite Curfew (Pictures, Video) / Ms. Olaleye Folake Joy Narrates Why She Joined The Protest To #EndBadGovernance / Inec Collation Center Empty, Collation Agents Told To Return Sunday Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.