Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,996 members, 7,938,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:09 PM

Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) (32855 Views)

Emir Of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero, Booed At Inauguration Ground / #ENDSARS: Moment Governor Sanwo-Olu Was Booed At Lekki Toll-Gate (Video) / Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by nlfpmod: 6:13pm On Jul 28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSnmCj33-lw?si=lx0JOCP_-f0gIMyt

Múyìwá Mátùlúkò posts:

At Babcock convocation, Ogun state governor is speaking and decides to warn against impending protests. The audience boos him, he doubles down, promoting the good deeds of the current administration, and gets more boos

A graduand climbs the stage much later and calls out state governors for the state of the economy, gets cheers and a standing ovation

I feel the need to provide context here.

"Audience" includes grandparents, parents, other well wishers. Not just students.

"Graduand" is a 63 year-old who just received his PhD today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAzmIsf1rfM?si=AhACaRncsXJBh1SA

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by madridguy(m): 6:16pm On Jul 28
From the video I don't see where he was booed. If you have another video please post it.

Nevertheless, Tinubu is surrounded by people deceiving him. How can you tell us to be calm when an egg is now 200-220 naira? 10kg of semo is now 16000-18000, 3,000 naira of PHCN under Ikeja electricity under the self acclaimed Band A will only give you just 9 units/ Kw.

Petrol is now 700-800 naira will long queues.

Anyone that want to protest in his/her state of origin should be permitted to protest.

184 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 6:17pm On Jul 28
nlfpmod:
At Babcock convocation, Ogun state governor is speaking and decides to warn against impending protests. The audience boos him, he doubles down, promoting the good deeds of the current administration, and gets more boos
A graduand climbs the stage much later and calls out state governors for the state of the economy, gets cheers and a standing ovation
I feel the need to provide context here.
"Audience" includes grandparents, parents, other well wishers. Not just students
Now, that is more like it! Excellent job by the ajstundecided

19 Likes

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by vicdom(m): 6:20pm On Jul 28
grin
Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by iwaeda: 6:20pm On Jul 28
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSnmCj33-lw?si=lx0JOCP_-f0gIMyt

Múyìwá Mátùlúkò posts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAzmIsf1rfM?si=AhACaRncsXJBh1SA

Our leaders are still living on their high horses, if they know the impact of hunger and hardship in the land. grin grin grin grin grin

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by Cindypresh(f): 6:20pm On Jul 28
Hahaha

Eleyi Abiodun should pay 30k BMC Helinues to come and defend him.

His job is to defend looters and clueless politicians for a living.

102 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by phr0nesis(m): 6:21pm On Jul 28
This video didn't give me what I was looking for. I didn't hear any boo, or are my ears aching?

42 Likes

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by stephenponti(m): 6:21pm On Jul 28
When I saw the Malta 🇲🇹 NNPC comment by Dangote, I suspected there was more to it. Our group decided to investigate further.

Our discovery was deeply shocking.

Thread !

#EndBadGovernanceInNigeria

Firstly I will breakdown the whole Oil theft process and how Oil exporting and importing business works here in Nigeria .
NNPC grants importation licenses to a select group of oil companies, which are responsible for importing petroleum products into the country. These companies set the prices for petroleum products, and the media often refer to them as "oil marketers."

We’ve another set responsible for exporting/selling unrefined petroleum products both locally nd internationally. NNPC nd few partner companies plays a major role in this sector, along with high-ranking govt officials, military leaders, & politicians who r involved in oil theft.

To better understand this thread i will briefly explain how oil exportation and importation works in Nigeria.
Please note every point I will list you will need them as reference as we progress, very important

1. Extraction: Oil is extracted from the ground using drilling rigs.

2. Processing: The crude oil is exported(internationally) to refineries where it is processed into refined products

3. Transportation: The processed oil are transported from the refinery to storage tanks, blending facilities, and ports, typically via pipelines or ships.
4. Export: At the port, the oil is loaded onto tankers or other vessels and shipped to Nigeria and other countries
5. Sale: The oil is sold to buyers in Nigeria at a price set by the importer (oil marketer). The government subsidizes a significant portion of the oil price to make it more affordable for citizens, a practice known as fuel subsidy.
Now let’s link the list together

Recently, Oando PLC announced the approval to acquire 100% of Nigerian Agip Oil Company. This effectively means that the Tinubu family now owns Agip Oil, which is part of Eni S.p.A., an Italian multinational oil and gas company.

Agip Oil operates 17 onshore oil blocks and produces 11 million barrels of oil and condensates annually, and it also manages the Bonny natural gas liquefaction plant. One might wonder why such a successful company would divest 100% of such a critical asset.

Observing similar situations, like the case with Dangote, suggests that this sale was not made lightly. Now, these crucial oil fields and plants in Nigeria are under the control of Tinubu through Oando PLC which is Tinubu’s family owned not even NNPC.

Stay with me please

Continuing, with their control over substantial oil reserves in the Niger Delta and the ability to explore further through Agip Oil, their next step is refining. Instead of building a refinery in Nigeria, they opted to construct one in Malta 🇲🇹.

This move allows them to exploit the country's resources and obscure their activities.

In early 2021, Enemed Co Ltd, the leading fuel supplier in Malta, issued a tender for the leasing of storage tanks and a blending facility at the Ras Hanzir Oil Terminal in Malta.

Ras Hanzir Oil Terminal Limited won the bidding. It is owned and operated by the Tinubu family, with Wale Tinubu, who is also the chairman of Oando PLC, serving as its chairman along with other members of the Tinubu family and their associates.

The company has already established a functioning refinery in Malta, they have now acquired the storage tanks and blending facility oil terminals, which were recently exposed to the public.

Stay with me please

After Tinubu was sworn in as president, his first major move was to announce the removal of fuel subsidy, while the government continued to pay in secret, allowing him to increase petroleum product prices. This move was designed to benefit his own monopoly.

With the recent forced acquisition of Agip Oil by Oando PLC, Tinubu as an individual has become the largest oil exporter, explorer, and marketer in the whole country, second only to NNPC.
Here’s the pattern: Tinubu, through NNPC, will sell Nigeria’s oil to himself at a low price via his company in Malta. He will also explore, extract and export oil using his newly acquired Agip Oil Company, which operates across the Niger Delta states of Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa,
I’mRivers, Imo, Abia, Akwa Ibom, and Cross River.

Tinubu will then buy back the refined oil from his company in Malta through NNPC and as an oil marketer via one of his companies OVH Energy(Oando) at a higher price and export them back to Nigeria
The refined oil is sold to the Nigerian public at a high price, while the subsidy, although officially removed, is still being paid secretly. Essentially, Tinubu is paying himself subsidy.‼️

This scheme an extraordinary level of financial exploitation

Even after he leaves office, and Nigeria remains without refinery which he will make sure of, his Oil Monopoly over the country will remain standing. As if that is not enough, the govt will still pay him for subsidy!

He sold Over 2 Billion Dollars worth of petroleum products to Nigeria through the Malta refinery just in 2023 alone, that’s an example of what the future of Nigeria Oil importation will look like

That’s why he will fight the Dangote refinery with everything he has; if it becomes operational, his multi-trillion-naira oil monopoly enterprise will collapse.

The price of petroleum products like fuel will keeping increasing, while he still pays himself subsidy.

Considering his age, one might wonder what he needs all this money for, other than sheer greed. It's truly disheartening.

Copied.

https://punchng.com/eni-gets-approval-to-sell-agip-to-oando/#:~:text=Eni%20has%20received%20the%20nod,as%20well%20as%20power%20generation.

https://punchng.com/nigeria-imported-2-25bn-fuel-from-malta-report/

67 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by Cindypresh(f): 6:21pm On Jul 28
Madridguy and seunmsg wey dey defend clueless politicians.

May we never be so poor morally that we end up defending failures for crumbs

madridguy:
From the video I don't see where he was booed. If you have another video please post it.

Nevertheless, Tinubu is surrounded by people deceiving him. How can you tell us to be calm when an egg is now 200-220 naira? 10kg of semo is now 16000-18000, 3,000 naira of PHCN under Ikeja electricity under the self acclaimed Band A will only give you just 9 units/ Kw.

Petrol is now 700-800 naira will long queues.

Anyone that want to protest in his/her state of origin should be permitted to protest.

Hahaha😭😂😂

Coming from someone that defended incompetent buhari for 8 wasted years and still went ahead to vote microphone licking Tinupoo

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 6:21pm On Jul 28
Naija jungle done finally mature.

Do anyhow, you go collect.

20 Likes

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by UncleKoboko: 6:21pm On Jul 28
grin
Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by franchasofficia: 6:21pm On Jul 28
Ip0b members and Igbos have taken over Babcock University, this must be resisted by all Yoruba Ronus using our weapon of mouth destructionangry angry

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by UselessBuharist: 6:21pm On Jul 28
Perfect! We must start shaming them. Whether president, governor, minister even their wives should be booed at any public event they show up to coax Nigerians.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by Jnrprince1(m): 6:21pm On Jul 28
I fear who no fear government
Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by Cindypresh(f): 6:21pm On Jul 28
D

I dey book space dey wait for agbado urchins
😂
franchasofficia:
Igbos

You don swear say you no go ever make peace with common sense🙄

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by MasterJayJay: 6:22pm On Jul 28
Reno Omonkey: Na Igbo people dey boo am

25 Likes

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by 0taPiaPia(m): 6:22pm On Jul 28
In tery G's voice, tasting the microphone ehhh 🎤🎙️

7 Likes

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by Uncletony(m): 6:22pm On Jul 28
Dapo with his dirty tribal sentiments!
Spits on these sophisticated vagabonds!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by Kalashnikov49: 6:22pm On Jul 28
These are real Omoluabi.

Remember that RONU miscreants on this platform LOVE DAPO ABIODUN. A resounding failure grin grin grin

IGBOs just sit back and eat your Popcorns ...

South West will be the epicenter of the protests...It will be Yoruba Omoluabi vs Yoruba miscreants from Agbado kingdom.

23 Likes

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by mytime24(f): 6:22pm On Jul 28
Keyboard warriors go soon say na obedient them be

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by GanagiBitrus: 6:22pm On Jul 28
Instead of focusing on the protest, why don't they focus on doing the needful to avert the protest.

I really believe restoring fuel subsidy is possible if Govt can deal with corrupt practices associated with the subsidy and also drastically cut down on cost of governance amongst others.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by Bigboytinz: 6:22pm On Jul 28
Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by Bobloco: 6:22pm On Jul 28
angry
Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by GeneralPula: 6:22pm On Jul 28
I checked the video and didn’t see any Booooooo

6 Likes

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by coded01: 6:22pm On Jul 28
Great Babcockites grin grin
Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by AmazingELixir: 6:23pm On Jul 28
Ok

Eleyi wetin you commit again to elicit this response from your people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by BaddestQueen(f): 6:23pm On Jul 28
MasterJayJay:
Reno Omonkey:Na Igbo people dey boo am
Rhino ofockry is a criminal

5 Likes

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by Dollarmind001(m): 6:24pm On Jul 28
Reno monkey...what do you have to say about this?
Is it still Peter Obi that sponsored the booing?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by pitroski(m): 6:24pm On Jul 28
Useless governor when never fit road self dey talk

3 Likes

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by fredoooooo: 6:24pm On Jul 28
Very good ... That's it

1 Like

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by Alexis11: 6:25pm On Jul 28
MasterJayJay:
Reno Omonkey: Na Igbo people dey boo am

Yoruba people are not saying they are not protesting, they just don't want people that will use that opportunity to burn their town/region or loot their shops.

Let everybody protest peacefully in their various states/regions.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Booed At Babcock Convocation (Video) by dumahi(m): 6:25pm On Jul 28
GeneralPula:
I checked the video and didn’t see any Booooooo
Thank you. I was already suspecting that I was mad before I saw your comment. Watched without earphones and didn't see any booing. So, I was about using earphone in case they booed in a kind of whisper 😮‍💨.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Grazing: Miyetti Allah Expresses Shock Over South-East Governors' Decision / Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers / G5 Governors Set To Endorse Peter Obi In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.