Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,565 members, 7,941,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 06:21 PM

Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line (17801 Views)

Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC / How To Check Bvn On Mtn Line / Why You Are Unable To Recharge Your MTN Line Across Bank Channels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by Archangels2(m): 6:29pm On Jul 28
Good day people.

Please who else is experiencing this. I just woke up to the realization that MTN has barred my line. The line has been linked to my nin for years but was just barred without warning or due notice.

I can't make calls, receive SMS notifications or receive calls.

Now I have to find a way to go to their office thereby missing my work on Monday.

Even if they were to bar it why on Sunday? What happened to Friday so I have the weekend to rectify the issue?

I smell fowl play

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by slimjohn2k5: 6:31pm On Jul 28
Same here

I think scammers at work. I have moved my cash to my wife's account.

My NIN is verified

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by GeneralOjukwu: 12:49am On Jul 29
grin

Did you try to spread misinformation about FG?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by Archangels2(m): 5:24am On Jul 29
I didn't. I was even on the fence concerning this strike thing but they had to go and activate me

14 Likes

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by Z115: 8:00am On Jul 29
No be only u.. We plenty

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by Cassandraloius: 8:11am On Jul 29
No wonder people full MTN office.πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Nigerian's are not serious jare, na now una eye clear.πŸ˜‚

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by bdon123(m): 8:49am On Jul 29
Archangels2:
I didn't. I was even on the fence concerning this strike thing but they had to go and activate me
Lol 🀣

10 Likes

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by nifemi25(m): 9:14am On Jul 29
Thousands of line was barred yesterday due to nin issue....

8 Likes

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by blowjohn(m): 10:35am On Jul 29
It's the MTN fowls playing... Fowl play grin grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by faceland: 10:38am On Jul 29
Archangels2:
Good day people.

Please who else is experiencing this. I just woke up to the realization that MTN has barred my line. The line has been linked to my nin for years but was just barred without warning or due notice.

I can't make calls, receive SMS notifications or receive calls.

Now I have to find a way to go to their office thereby missing my work on Monday.

Even if they were to bar it why on Sunday? What happened to Friday so I have the weekend to rectify the issue?

I smell fowl play

How can you miss work for line?

6 Likes

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by Ensa777(f): 11:46am On Jul 29
Just dial *996# and follow the prompt.
You ppl have browsing phones but would never use it to make life easy for yourselves.

My mom's own was barred and I googled it immediately iused it in less than 5 mins it was unbarred.
Help yourselves ,this is technological age

69 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by Archangels2(m): 12:48pm On Jul 29
faceland:

How can you miss work for line?

Sadly it's my only line and everything goes there. Bank alert, calls, text messages, OTP.

Didn't know how dependent on it I was until now.

No worries sha

4 Likes

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by Jona11(m): 1:08pm On Jul 29
WELCOME TO ZEDVANCE FINANCE LIMITED! WE ARE GIVING LOANS TO NIGERIANS FROM 5k to 6million SO HOW MUCH LOAN DO YOU NEED NOW?
Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by Badgers14: 2:19pm On Jul 29
MTN jus wan carry this protests for head like gala grin grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by opamoses1: 2:20pm On Jul 29
Are you a yahoo boy

3 Likes

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by DesChyko: 2:20pm On Jul 29
Due diligence my black ass.

I had to keep linking and re-linking mine across many weeks simply because I had access to my dashboard. So I could see the status. This is me who spends half my day on a computer system. This is less than 2% of the Nigerian population.

How could others have known that MTN infrastructure is not up to what they promise?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by bestman09(m): 2:20pm On Jul 29
Didijiji:
YOUR MTN LINE HAS BEEN BARRED!
NO WORRIES : THIS IS HOW TO UNLOCK YOUR MTN SIM

Yesterday morning, U woke up just to discover your MTN line has been blocked. And the tiny voice therein Keep telling you to visit a nearby MTN Office to link you NIN anytime you try making call.

Don't stress yourself going to any office! Worry not!!

Pick your phone, Dial:
*996#
Follow up.
A menu of options will display. Press 1, which will take you to another menu. Press 2, to submit your 11 digits NIN. I mean your own NIN, which must match the BioData on your SIM Card.

Press 1, to accept and confirm the Submission.

NOTE: your SIM card won't be unblocked immediately after this process. Wait for 4- 5 hours for the technical team to verify your BioData.

After 4-5 hours, you SIM confirmation will be unlocked, where SMS will be sent to you to continue with your usual activities with your SIM.
wink

Doesn't work. My wife's sim was blocked yesterday even though i personally linked the line to my NIN. I dialled *996# and after over 18 minutes time wastage, i was linked to a customer care who told me that i MUST visit an MTN office before the issue will be rectified

15 Likes

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by fastseo: 2:20pm On Jul 29
angry

Nigerians it's your right to protest peacefully.
Please come out n protest

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by Parydelegate: 2:20pm On Jul 29
Lol
Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by eepeepook: 2:21pm On Jul 29
It's due to government incompetence on the part of NIMC. They likely have your details in a backlog which they're yet to update. All going to MTN's office will do is reassure the provider that your details have been provided. If barring of any sort takes place in future, you go collect again until the lazy asses at NIMC finally input your details into their database.

10 Likes

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by Olokolobo: 2:21pm On Jul 29
Just to disrupt the incoming protest. Thiefnubun na bastard.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by PDPdestroyer(m): 2:21pm On Jul 29
Nice one! grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by Didijiji: 2:21pm On Jul 29
YOUR MTN LINE HAS BEEN BARRED!
NO WORRIES : THIS IS HOW TO UNLOCK YOUR MTN SIM

Yesterday morning, U woke up just to discover your MTN line has been blocked. And the tiny voice therein Keep telling you to visit a nearby MTN Office to link you NIN anytime you try making call.

Don't stress yourself going to any office! Worry not!!

Pick your phone, Dial:
*996#
Follow up.
A menu of options will display. Press 1, which will take you to another menu. Press 2, to submit your 11 digits NIN. I mean your own NIN, which must match the BioData on your SIM Card.

Press 1, to accept and confirm the Submission.

NOTE: your SIM card won't be unblocked immediately after this process. Wait for 4- 5 hours for the technical team to verify your BioData.

After 4-5 hours, you SIM confirmation will be unlocked, where SMS will be sent to you to continue with your usual activities with your SIM.

2 Likes

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by izubext007: 2:22pm On Jul 29
So MTN needs violence......we pack am give dem wotowoto

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by Pastorjohn2: 2:22pm On Jul 29
God works truly!

You people want to cause chaos and fire in this nation because you think tinubu is a magician that can remove 16 years of pdp corruption for 1 year in office?

Keep foolish yourself and your household!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by marilynhedges7: 2:22pm On Jul 29
Dear Friend, 😍

Whether it’s your japa visa application or one for a new job, all you need is one big YES.

The truth is that it takes a bit of luck (small 2k for data) and plenty of preparation. We can’t do much about the luck and data part but we can help you be very prepared to get that YES.

...And that’s exactly what you’ll be receiving once you connect with our team of experts for a professional CV creation/revamping service.

A CV is more than a list of jobs. It's:

🌟 Your story.

🌟 Your impact.

🌟 Your unique contribution to the growth of your past companies.

Let our team of career coaches help make your CV tell your story in the most compelling way to get that big YES.

πŸ‘‰ Chat us NOW!
Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by Starz825(m): 2:22pm On Jul 29
No be only you guy
Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by olaric(m): 2:22pm On Jul 29
It's like everyone of us has been barred.

1 Like

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by derecho(m): 2:22pm On Jul 29
This move by Tinubu will enable protests to erupt at the MTN offices.
MTN should be wise

6 Likes

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by Kingdavid579(m): 2:23pm On Jul 29
Sorry man

MTN barred my line too, but it's just my bank alert line.

I prefer changing my alert line at the bank rather than waiting in line at a useless MTN office.

It's more honorable to visit a bank than an MTN office at any point.

MTN is doing too much in Nigeria; maybe it's time we join the protests against bad governance and Mtn too

8 Likes

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by yewit37486: 2:23pm On Jul 29
Same with 9mobile. But theirs is not line barring, there is just NO NETWORK even for linked lines.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woke Up To My Barred MTN Line by IbrahimSkiba(f): 2:23pm On Jul 29
You ain't the only one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

RIM (BlackBerry) Falls From Top 5 In Global Smartphone Sales / Htc Innovation 40k / 5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.