Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,719 members, 7,945,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:02 PM

Good Followership IV - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Followership IV (58 Views)

Good Followership II / Good Followership I / Open Heaven 26 July 2024 Friday Daily Devotional | Good Followership (2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Good Followership IV by kpakpandoN(m): 8:05pm On Jul 28
As I conclude my teaching on good followership which I started some days ago, it is important to note that no matter how strong leaders may appear to be, they need to be encouraged sometimes by their followers. This is primarily because leadership is full of ups and downs. During the down moments, encouraging leaders will go a long way in helping them to succeed. Speaking words of encouragement, sending gifts, and honouring your leaders in whatever way you can, will help them feel encouraged to keep going, despite the burden of leadership.

Many years ago, I felt discouraged. I had resigned from my lucrative lecturing job to become the church’s General Overseer and spent almost all my time praying for people and teaching them. There was a lot of burden on me, yet it seemed no one appreciated my efforts. One day, I was so discouraged and tired of my position as the General Overseer and then I fell asleep in my office. When I woke up, a young girl was in my office with a cake. She said that God had told her to bring me the cake. I don’t really like cakes, but I ate it because I was really touched by her thoughtfulness. When God lays it in your heart to do something to encourage your leader, please do not hesitate to do it; it may be the difference between the leader giving up or continuing the work.

A good follower will always try to reduce the stress on a leader rather than add to it. Leaders are human beings like you; they face challenges just like you do, and even more as a result of the leadership position they occupy. You may not be able to totally relieve them of the stress that comes with leadership, but you can encourage them so they don’t feel all their effort is a waste, and so they can keep doing more. Some years ago, I was really down, but what helped me to get up and keep going was the message of one of my daughters in the Lord. She said, “Daddy, let God carry you.” Your message may be what God will use to encourage your leader.

When Jesus was close to His crucifixion, He took Peter, James and John to the Garden of Gethsemane to pray alongside Him; He needed their encouragement for the task ahead.

Pray for your leaders. Sometimes, seeing that you are praying for them is the encouragement they need to keep going.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Christians Should Invoke God’s Vengeance / Do You Want To Take Your Level To The Next Level ? / Its Like Islam/muslims Is A Juju Religion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.