Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,162 members, 7,977,355 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 06:36 AM

Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote (2827 Views)

Peter Obi's Response To Soludo's Attack At Lagos Business School (Video) / Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) / Nigerians Query Obi's Response To Rufai Oseni's Question On Importation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by DesChyko: 9:02pm On Jul 28
As shared by Dr Moses Paul:

Dr Mo: I expressed my worries and concerns about the departure of Barrister Kenneth Okonkwo.

Peter Obi: "Mo, Kenneth, Balami, and others remain my beloved younger brothers, who, in due time, will realize the virtues of humility and patience in trying to do things in a peaceful manner."

"In Nigeria, he continued, we have become all too accustomed to rascality and forcefully doing things, making noise, and bulldozing our way through, even when we are wrong. This behavior is often mistakenly seen as a measure of power or greatness. However, that yardstick must not continue to define us, because that is not the society we want to build. The society we preach is one that values doing things the right way, with integrity, patience, and perseverance, even if it takes time. We must shift our mindset and recognize that true greatness lies not in loud boasts or aggressive actions, but in quiet confidence, humility, and a commitment to excellence. By doing so, we can create a more just, equitable, and prosperous nation for all."

"Mo, we all joined the Labour Party about 18 months ago. We spent the first year on campaigns, elections, and court proceedings. And now, I am expected to become a superman, scattering everything and achieving instant results." He continued, "I appreciate the patience and understanding of the Obidients and plead with them to let us be the example we want to see in our society. This is not the first time I have faced such challenging situations. In fact, this has been my trajectory in life - I am actually energized when people think I am weak and try to walk all over me for doing the right thing."

"Mo, all I can assure you is that doing the right thing is not a sign of weakness. Humility and patience are virtues, not weaknesses. It is a long journey, and I am committed to it. I encourage the #Obidients to do the same - let us walk this path together, with faith and perseverance. We will get there, and our efforts will be worth it in the end."

https://x.com/Drmopaul/status/1817641647141683501

22 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by DesChyko: 9:02pm On Jul 28
Dr Mo: "To the best of my knowledge, Alhaji Dangote did not support you or any of our known supporters during the 2023 general elections. Why would you get involved with his issue to the extent of writing and speaking extensively about it?"

Peter Obi: "It is not about who supports me or not, but about the future of our beloved nation and the suffering masses. If everybody supports me politically, then there is something wrong somewhere. There must be people who, whether you are doing the right thing or not, will still insult you and call you names every day, like one of the presidential candidates who called me a packaged fraud when I have never done anything wrong to him, mentioned his name, or done business with him. In life, we must allow people to be on their own. Whether people support you politically or not should not affect business. Some people hate us for no reason, and that is the truth about politics. We must go beyond parochial reasoning for the country's interest, stability, peace, security, and unity, transcending regional, religious, and tribal intolerance for proper productivity; otherwise, there will be no progress."

"What is important about Dangote's refinery is that it will significantly help the economy by managing our foreign exchange situation and reducing the amount we pay for refined product imports. This is one of the country's major problems today. My support is aimed at ensuring the country works so we can regain the viable position we used to have. If I think it is a monopoly, as many people say, and I am in government, I will give other people the opportunity to do similar things in other areas, like electricity, to improve the overall situation."

https://x.com/Drmopaul/status/1815809757275369682

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by franchasofficia: 9:02pm On Jul 28
My man, the one man army, the man whose silence is louder than thunderstorm cool

Kenneth Okonkwo want Peter Obi to encourage Obidients to use violence to grab power like APC Moslem party.

Kenneth Okonkwo want Obi to become a party hijacker, another Bola Tinubu. Nigeria cannot get it right through our usual politicking by lies, propaganda, thuggery, use of agberos, Boko Haram and Fulani terrorists to grab power.

Kenneth we understand that you are in a hurry to end the evil operation of APC, but remember that you cannot use corruption to end corruption. You cannot use thuggery to end thuggery. We must embrace Peter Obi's new way of playing politics which shuns violence and political thuggery and hijacking of political structures using money and whatnot.

We wish you all the best in your new future political endeavors, we the obedient family will continue to stand solidly behind Peter Obi the rock, we mueve grin

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by Philipponzaghi: 9:04pm On Jul 28
Peter Obi is just trying to play damage control.

The more he talks, the more he loses support. Everyone can see he's struggling to keep his house in order.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by countryfive: 9:04pm On Jul 28
obi no be tinubu

25 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by DesChyko: 9:05pm On Jul 28
Philipponzaghi:

The more he talks, the more he loses support. Everyone can see he's struggling to keep his house in order.

Noted. Now, let's hear from your other four alternate accounts: Salewa97, trutharena, slfioksq and Chinkoalhaji34 in 3,2,1,...

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by Xscape1993(m): 9:06pm On Jul 28
My own presido has spoken like a normal human being not one drug addict, certificate forger, agbero, tout, suspected killer of Funso Williams and a strange man without economy knowledge in Aso Rock.

21 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by Chinkoalhaji34: 9:07pm On Jul 28
Obi's response is just another episode of his never-ending drama.

It's funny how he suddenly cares about support when his own house is on fire.

As for Dangote, maybe he should learn a thing or two about actual leadership instead of playing the victim all the time.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by CilicMarin: 9:13pm On Jul 28
Fake news...Peter Obi who doesn't know how to speak good English, can't put those words together...The man who is as dull as a pig of lead...

A very useless incompetent bigot!

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by DesChyko: 9:16pm On Jul 28
CilicMarin:
Fake news...Peter Obi who doesn't know how to speak good English, can't put those words together...The man who is as dull as a pig of lead...

It's difficult to get 30k in this economy but now that you may likely get 70k, you must earn it. Do better than copy and paste. Have to earn thise wages, bruh. TF is a pig of lead?? angry angry

14 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by Streetinvestor2: 9:20pm On Jul 28
DesChyko:
As shared by Dr Moses Paul:

https://x.com/Drmopaul/status/1817641647141683501
I said it Ken wanted action from obi to defend his mandate or future mandate. He feel obi is too gentle in his approach to a fault. It was thr in between the lines of the open letter. And truely obi is too gentle to a fault. This does not work in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by EasternActivist: 9:21pm On Jul 28
Good PR right there

Now the nollywood guy will now rest like wood🪵

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by Salewa97: 9:22pm On Jul 28
Bitter Obi is at it again, trying to play the victim.

So now he's acting like he cares about Kenneth Okonkwo's departure? Please, we all know he’s just trying to save face after being left behind.

Obi has mastered the art of losing friends and supporters; maybe he should focus on building a real team instead of chasing shadows.

This man always wants to be in the spotlight but can't handle the heat when the real issues come up.

Dangote is a business titan, and Obi is just a wannabe politician with no real plan. It's embarrassing to watch.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by Hankim: 9:25pm On Jul 28
Philipponzaghi:

More Ewedu will help your mental state, something is wrong with line of your thinking grin

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by Ojiofor: 9:31pm On Jul 28
CilicMarin:

Ngene are sure you are not mistaken Peter Obi for your former master Buhari?

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by trutharena: 9:40pm On Jul 28
Peter Obi should focus on his own failures instead of crying over Kenneth's departure. Typical of a man who can't hold on to support.

19 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by Shawarmagirl: 9:50pm On Jul 28
Those who want H.E Peter Obi to use force and give order to the Obident to act are feeling disappointed hence, thinking Peter Obi is weak and leaving. Nigerians are solidly behind Obi QED

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by vowiski(m): 9:53pm On Jul 28
Weak dude..

If he had been declared winner. Is this how he would have been calm to Northern people ?
Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by flokii: 9:56pm On Jul 28
Obi is the next to run away from LP.. rough days ahead for headless mob.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by alimiadedayo1: 9:57pm On Jul 28
Shawarmagirl:
Those who want H.E Peter Obi to use force and give order to the Obident to act are feeling disappointed hence, thinking Peter Obi is weak and leaving. Nigerians are solidly behind Obi QED
you are saying pure nonsense..Did you even read his articles?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by sIfioksq: 9:59pm On Jul 28
Peter Obi is just playing politics as usual, trying to spin the narrative to his favor. It’s funny how he suddenly cares about unity when he’s the one who has been fanning the flames of division.

Where was this support for the people when he was busy scheming with his clique?

Now that Kenneth Okonkwo has moved on, he wants to act like a saint. Let’s not forget the chaos he brought to Anambra; it’s no surprise he’s now trying to ride on Dangote's coattails.

All talk, no action. The agulu fraud strikes again!

19 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by flokii: 10:09pm On Jul 28
vowiski:
Weak dude..

If he had been declared winner. Is this how he would have been calm to Northern people ?

Nigerians don't know what God did for them with PBAT..
Someone like Obi would have left Emefiele to remain as CBN Governor, filled all top slots with North and his own kinsmen. Just exactly the way GEJ played his game woefully.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by kilmot: 10:14pm On Jul 28
DesChyko:

Noted. Now, let's hear from your other four alternate accounts: Salewa97, trutharena, slfioksq and Chinkoalhaji34 in 3,2,1,...
Omo, how did you discover that? I just checked all monikers you mentioned and they were all created same day.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by specialmati(m): 10:15pm On Jul 28
Philipponzaghi:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin your comments are like that of yarimo and helinus.say one thing your agberos chairman ,the builder of lagos from the sea,the one that gives you the air you breath in Lagos have done since he became president.please just one

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by specialmati(m): 10:18pm On Jul 28
flokii:

Nigerians don't know what God did for them with PBAT..
Someone like Obi would have left Emefiele to remain as CBN Governor, filled all top slots with North and his own kinsmen. Just exactly the way GEJ played his game woefully.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin it's only a demon will glory on the mess the chairman of all touts and agberos have done to this country.only a demon

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by amazingspiderma: 10:19pm On Jul 28
Na so
Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by EmeeNaka: 10:28pm On Jul 28
DesChyko:

How come you discovered these accounts? And the idiot is actually typing one after the other. So most of this APC comments are actually made by a single person with multitude of accounts.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by sirchim(m): 10:28pm On Jul 28
franchasofficia:
My man, the one man army, the man whose silence is louder than thunderstorm cool

Kenneth Okonkwo want Peter Obi to encourage Obidients to use violence to grab power like APC Moslem party.

Kenneth Okonkwo want Obi to become a party hijacker, another Bola Tinubu. Nigeria cannot get it right through our usual politicking by lies, propaganda, thuggery, use of agberos, Boko Haram and Fulani terrorists to grab power.

Kenneth we understand that you are in a hurry to end the evil operation of APC, but remember that you cannot use corruption to end corruption. You cannot use thuggery to end thuggery. We must embrace Peter Obi's new way of playing politics which shuns violence and political thuggery and hijacking of political structures using money and whatnot.

We wish you all the best in your new future political endeavors, we the obedient family will continue to stand solidly behind Peter Obi the rock, we mueve grin
Abegi helep me telet Dem 😀

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by Walai(m): 10:39pm On Jul 28
I am not a blind follower, I use my senses.
Right from the beginning, Obi have emphasized it time and time again that he is not desperate to be President.
Kenneth Okonkwo and his cohorts wants Obi to hijack LP and form a strong Obidients cabal/ political thugs that can do any dirty job in the typical Nigerian political way. Unfortunately, Obi does not play the typical cabal/thuggery politics like Nigerian politicians.
Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by obailala(m): 10:44pm On Jul 28
Philipponzaghi:

Loses support from who exactly? .. losing support from hungry characterless political jobbers and thugs?
Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by NwaliE01: 10:50pm On Jul 28
Philipponzaghi:

You lie big time bros. Where do you get your statistics that he has lost supports of the people?
Re: Peter Obi's Response To Kenneth Okonkwo's Depature & Show Of Support For Dangote by idahme(m): 10:51pm On Jul 28
CilicMarin:

And ur God didn't come to debate the one who doesn't know how to speak good English? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

South East Just Giving A Joy Of Matured Politics / Edo Polls: Photos Of APC Ward To Ward Rally In Etsako East LGA / Some 'Experts' Are Advocating A Two-party System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.