Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,615 members, 7,979,083 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:02 PM

Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba (20465 Views)

Gunmen Killed Four Policemen In Oraifite , Anambra Snatch Rifles / "I Pretended To Be Dead When Gunmen Killed Six In My Family" - Survivor (Photos) / Unknown Gunmen Killed After Fierce Shootout With Soldiers In Rivers.Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by MasterJayJay: 8:10pm On Jul 29
Abia State Government, has cleared the air on the Monday morning raid by unknown gunmen in Aba, the commercial capital of the state, explaining that no security agent was killed during the attack.

Commissioner for Information, Prince Okey Kanu, who confirmed the attack during a press conference on the outcome of the State Executive Council meeting in Umuahia, said the hoodlums operating in three vehicles stormed the commercial city, and were engaged by security agents.

The invaders were said to have been overpowered by the superior power arms of the security operatives leading to the death of one of the assailants on the spot.

One of their operating vehicles (a sienna) was said to have gone up in flames apparently following the gun duel that ensued between them and security agents.

Another vehicle a highlander jeep, belonging to the hoodlums, was abandoned and recovered by security operatives while the hoodlums who escaped with bullet wounds fled the scene in their third vehicle (a Lexus jeep).

The Information Commissioner accused disgruntled elements unhappy with the level of development driven by the Alex Otti-led administration, of masterminding the occasional attacks on security operatives in Aba.

He, however, disclosed that the Governor had given a marching order for the perpetrators to be mauled down, vowing that no part of the state will be a breeding ground for criminals.

” The State Government has zero tolerance for criminal activities, and will not allow anybody to destroy the modest gains of the Otti-led administration”, he vowed.

Responding to an inquiry on the number of casualties recorded during the attack, Special Adviser to the Governor on Security, Navy Commander Macdonald Ubah (retd.), said that besides the one hoodlum killed at the scene of the attack, another member of the criminal gang who escaped with bullet wounds was also reported dead.

He said the fleeing criminals were trailed to a bush on the Aba -Port Harcourt Expressway where they had gone to probably bury their dead colleague when they sighted security operatives and fled again.

The SA explained that apart from the two casualties from the attackers, no other casualties were so far recorded.

He said that Government had adopted a new approach in its determination to flush out criminal elements from the state.

Meanwhile, the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Maureen Chilaka, had told Vanguard that the police command was still gathering details of the incident, and would later issue a statement after its findings.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/07/no-security-agent-killed-during-attack-by-unknown-gunmen-in-aba-abia-govt/

7 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by MasterJayJay: 8:10pm On Jul 29
Nna mehn! I heard the shooting. I live near 8 balls close to express.

Thank God na the terrorists collect wotowoto.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by chiiraq802(m): 8:18pm On Jul 29
Nice one
Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by MasterJayJay: 6:31am On Jul 30
nlfpmod
Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by confusedlady(f): 6:52am On Jul 30
😆 🤣 😂 Lol...

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by vengertime: 9:10am On Jul 30
Nigerian security bastards will never admit that they have casualties on their own side if you don't snap them pictures while they lay on the ground like goats.

How are we sure they're not Fulani herdsmen trying to kidnap abians and also Agbado people trying to destabilise Abia State. My people let's wake up these people are evil

Awon Chuck Norris grin grin grin

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by phemmie06(m): 9:10am On Jul 30
More of it to come.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by CrownedPhoenix: 9:10am On Jul 30
It's high time the indigenes of the affected region revolt against these gunmen.

How can you hold a whole region to ransome every Monday?! To what end?

They can't make money on Mondays , they can't write exams, why are the Easterners quiet on this? undecided

Before you quote me: go through my posts if you think I support this govt. I will ignore silly quotes.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by YourGFsnatcher: 9:11am On Jul 30
Gwo gwo gwo
Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by VirginOlosho: 9:11am On Jul 30
Damn..
Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by Nwaokunkpara: 9:11am On Jul 30
Politicians trying hard to disrupt the people's governor of Abia state

2 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by mrjoeblinks: 9:11am On Jul 30
Ehen?
So dem still dey kill unknown gunmen
Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by BluntCrazeMan: 9:12am On Jul 30
Can we now have PEACE in Aba.??
((Since the Aba-Chapter of UGM had been neutralized.??))
Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by 1gbdata: 9:12am On Jul 30
tongue
Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by atobs4real(m): 9:13am On Jul 30
Rest in peace to No identity evil doers
Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by saintbillion(m): 9:13am On Jul 30
Why kill them? Why not capture them alive or catch them red handed? Why split blood and waste bullets in this Tinubu economy? Well let me go and print my own placards for the August protest. We move. MrCork is back to protest too, whom am I?
Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by Naira20: 9:13am On Jul 30
Uxo
Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by Creamypie(m): 9:13am On Jul 30
Good. Meanwhile, their supporters on this forum don praise u.g.m based on the fake news they killed 3/4 policemen and one POS operator yesterday. Ntoooor

2 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by Naira20: 9:13am On Jul 30
Uzondimma
Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by itelima: 9:14am On Jul 30
Since reversal of the national anthem, na so so problems here and there.... Good help us.

Black man.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by santaclaws: 9:15am On Jul 30
saintbillion:
Why kill then? Why not capture them alive or catch then red handed? Why share blood?

Are you a terrorist sympathiser? 🤔

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by chido20(m): 9:15am On Jul 30
No picture. I don’t believe it

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by Ogonimilitant(m): 9:16am On Jul 30
I hope they have not killed an innocent citizen and term him unknown gun men

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by Macphenson: 9:16am On Jul 30
They are trying so hard to disrupt the good governance Alex Otti is delivering to the people of Abia state.

Am happy the security operatives foiled their evil plan this time around.

4 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by saintbillion(m): 9:16am On Jul 30
santaclaws:

Are you a terrorist sympathiser? 🤔
No. I'm advocating for justice. How manytimes them done kill bandits?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by PortHarcourtcit(m): 9:17am On Jul 30
Unperturbedpota Bigyash skooltynz Cindypresh DatniggaDaz, one biafla terrorist is out... Chukwu okike abiama DALU... Ekene diri Chukwu... ✅

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by chido20(m): 9:17am On Jul 30
CrownedPhoenix:
It's high time the indigenes of the affected region revolt against these gunmen.

They can't make money on Mondays , they can't write exams, why are the Easterners quiet on this? undecided
the druggie in aso rock is holding the whole country to ransome and I don’t see you complain about it

2 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by EmeeNaka: 9:17am On Jul 30
I hate it when police report that these terrorists escape with gunshot wounds. Why?
They all deserve to die. None should escape

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by saintbillion(m): 9:17am On Jul 30
Ogonimilitant:
I hope they have not killed an innocent citizen and term him unknown gun men
That's what just happened there na. Are u new in this country?

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by NaijaCover(m): 9:17am On Jul 30
Hmmmmmm
Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by tungamaje: 9:17am On Jul 30
CrownedPhoenix:

They don't attack villages
Re: Unknown Gunmen Killed In Aba by Omoboricash(m): 9:18am On Jul 30
CrownedPhoenix:

They are hypocrate. They know who are unknown gun men, they just pretent not to know their hideout.
As long as they dont bring their madness to other part of the coutry, let their leaders continues to pretend as if nothing is happening in that region

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stephen Urueye: Killers Of LUTH Doctor, Arrested / Benue Prophet Abducts 3 Girls And Impregnates Them / Soldiers Arrest Herdsman With Bulletproof Vest In Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.