Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,115 members, 7,943,030 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:14 PM

Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) (26734 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu Celebrates Her 69th Birthday (throwback & Recent Photos) / Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal / Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by Omicronvaccine: 9:02am On Jul 31
This was the last performance of Nigerian music legend Onyeka Onwenu. She sadly passed away at the Reddington Hospital in Lagos after slumping at the birthday party of Mrs. Stella Okoli.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmY2aef-a0g

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by yesloaded: 9:04am On Jul 31
My favourite song, 'one love keep us together'

RIP Legend

14 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by magoo10(m): 9:06am On Jul 31
One love should have kept us together
The message was clear ,she has played her part .Rest in peace white stallion

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by mightyhazel: 9:09am On Jul 31
Great Woman

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by Bubu4Sea: 11:29am On Jul 31
This world no balance.

The person giving us little joy dies.

The person sniffing cocaine & looting Nigeria remains 🙄

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by SpaceX: 11:29am On Jul 31
may the good Lord bless her soul, heaven just gain a shinning Angel. Greatly appreciate her contribution to society.

21 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by JackDaAlienz(m): 11:30am On Jul 31
Ok
Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by dahmie2013: 11:30am On Jul 31
Jagaban2012:
Regarding Oweka Onyeka, we know that King Sunny Ade was nominated and received a Grammy Award...now tell me any Ibo. Musicians , dead or alive who have been nominated for grammy award talk less of receiving it....King Sunny Ade is an institution of music ....he is not in the class of onyeka ... onyeka is a local champion ........show me on grammy one got or nominated for .....and I will show myriad of globally recognized award that King Sunny Ade got ....After Fela Kuti in music...nah Sunny Ade....Onyeka no dey at all....in fact, the collaboration he did with your Onyeka was one of the worst selling albums in his music....compare to the one he made without any collaboration.
Ask some of your Ibo musicians why their fame has dwindled since they collaborated with the Yoruba musician. and not until they sing in Yoruba language they can reach their target audience ....
Even an illiterate Yoruba
Boy and musician like Portable " has gotten many awards than what your Onyeka Owneu has ....except for her age ..Portable has.more award than Onyeka Owenu is making .

Ask Burna Boy not to sing in Yoruba language and style and see if he can maintain his fame....Burma boy rode on the wings of Fela music to gather fame for himself. Tell him to switch to his style of music in portharcout and let see how far....

Idiot..... .
Please shut up already...

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by Lazy9jaYouth: 11:30am On Jul 31
People should understand that distraction need to be ignored.
Jagaban2012:
Regarding Oweka Onyeka, we know that King Sunny Ade was nominated and received a Grammy Award...now tell me any Ibo. Musicians , dead or alive who have been nominated for grammy award talk less of receiving it....King Sunny Ade is an institution of music ....he is not in the class of onyeka ... onyeka is a local champion ........show me on grammy one got or nominated for .....and I will show myriad of globally recognized award that King Sunny Ade got ....After Fela Kuti in music...nah Sunny Ade....Onyeka no dey at all....in fact, the collaboration he did with your Onyeka was one of the worst selling albums in his music....compare to the one he made without any collaboration.
Ask some of your Ibo musicians why their fame has dwindled since they collaborated with the Yoruba musician. and not until they sing in Yoruba language they can reach their target audience ....
Boy and musician like Portable " has gotten many awards than what your Onyeka Owneu has ....except for her age ..Portable has.more award than Onyeka Owenu is making .

Ask Burna Boy not to sing in Yoruba language and style and see if he can maintain his fame....Burma boy rode on the wings of Fela music to gather fame for himself. Tell him to switch to his style of music in portharcout and let see how far....

Idiot..... .

37 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by olatade(m): 11:31am On Jul 31
Still hustling until the end

cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by Akenzua01: 11:31am On Jul 31
So so sad undecided

RIP to this great icon.

4 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by Astra101: 11:31am On Jul 31
So it's confirmed

Rip
Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by Okoroawusa: 11:31am On Jul 31
Jagaban2012:

Idiot..... .
Are you sure you are mentally okay?

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by Enddy50ty(m): 11:31am On Jul 31
We’ve lost a rare gem in the entertainment industry.
Honestly speaking, her talent was unmatched. She already saw this coming when she sang -
“One Love Keep Us Together” But unfortunately we need more than love to keep us together in this country

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by babajeje123(m): 11:31am On Jul 31
Jagaban2012:

Idiot..... .
This is nonsense!

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by AmiableMosquito: 11:31am On Jul 31
See her looking very healthy......na wa oo
May the soul of this illustrious daughter of Nigeria rest in perfect peace. Rest well Onyeka Onwenu MFR.

10 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by jaydeeking(m): 11:32am On Jul 31
May her soul RIP
Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by GUNITGuy: 11:32am On Jul 31
This is the most shocking news ....This is a great woman of Songs in Nigeria...... She's the best in her own way and so Humble .....I grew up listening to her Songs one Love keeps us together ....
Rest in Peace in the bossom of the Lord Onyeka

7 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by Bubu4Sea: 11:33am On Jul 31
Jagaban2012:

[s]Regarding Oweka Onyeka, we know that King Sunny Ade was nominated and received a Grammy Award...now tell me any Ibo. Musicians , dead or alive who have been nominated for grammy award talk less of receiving it....King Sunny Ade is an institution of music ....he is not in the class of onyeka ... onyeka is a local champion ........show me on grammy one got or nominated for .....and I will show myriad of globally recognized award that King Sunny Ade got ....After Fela Kuti in music...nah Sunny Ade....Onyeka no dey at all....in fact, the collaboration he did with your Onyeka was one of the worst selling albums in his music....compare to the one he made without any collaboration.

Idiot[/s]
..... .
Foolishness must be genetic in your family

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by doggedfighter(f): 11:33am On Jul 31
So elegant and full of life.

See those smooth, soft moves she did while performing the song.

An Elegant Stallion indeed !

Farewell - the - well, songstress.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by Sandralight(f): 11:33am On Jul 31
Rip to a legend

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by nolamicautos: 11:33am On Jul 31
After all the wahala and palava this earth go don give us, na die we go still die las las. Unfortunate

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by PayEscrow: 11:33am On Jul 31
Jagaban2012:

Idiot..... .

Sense have been chasing you but you have always been faster.

Like WTF man! Slow down for sense to catch up with you.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by Asonaijaaso: 11:34am On Jul 31
RIP
Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by BABANGBALI: 11:34am On Jul 31
My crush yesterday, today and forever. Onyeka the babe I never had. Rest in peace darling kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

5 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by olusipimp(m): 11:34am On Jul 31
Jagaban2012:

Idiot..... .
What's ur headache with ibo people...if u haven't received ur #saynotoprotest# 5k, don't bring ur frustration here...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by Validated: 11:35am On Jul 31
Jagaban2012:

Idiot..... .
Many are mad ... just a few are roaming the streets. As you can clearly see, this one will soon joint them.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by mcfestgee: 11:35am On Jul 31
Jagaban2012:

Idiot..... .

A lot of people are having mental problems. Please seek medical attention.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by Zupay: 11:35am On Jul 31
A legend.

Still remember as a kid, seeing her attending Mass at St. Agnes Catholic Church, Maryland in Lagos.

Jagaban2012:

Idiot..... .

How many women related to you by blood or marriage, surpassed Onyeka Onwenu's achievements in life?

Look for the nearest psychiatrist hospital and plead for admission, where your mama reach her in life except giving birth to a retard like you.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by GUNITGuy: 11:35am On Jul 31
Jagaban2012:

Idiot..... .
I want to give you an advice ...Just place your hand on your head and say "Sense I receive" just once ...
Please I recommend you say it loud and clear ...It would do you Alot of good

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu 's Last Performance Before Her Death (Video) by Segzy19: 11:35am On Jul 31
Life is so fickle...
Just look at her .... She showed no sign of anything, she was agile, alert, sharp, glowing and appeared to be in her best form doing what she knows best but the next moment things suddenly changed and she is gone....

She left us with a reminder that one love keeps us together.....

Life is Life. It is what it is... No one will truly understand it except the Creator of life....

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sammie Okposo: Cheating Is Bad At His Level & What He Stands For - Ubi Franklin / Most Banged Yoruba Actresses / DJ Cuppy: "How Being A Billionaire's Daughter Affected My Upbringing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.