Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,622 members, 7,979,104 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:27 PM

Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me (2427 Views)

I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by Afodot0022(m): 6:40pm On Jul 31
Good day my lovely people, it always good to share life with you people here. Pls I need to ask, what is the advantage and disadvantage of living together with your girlfriend under the same roof. My girlfriend had an accommodations problem, her friend they stay together kick her out for no just reason, she wanted to get an apartment and the money she was ask to bring was quite much 250k, I convinced her to come stay with me and save that money for other things, initially she opposed but later agreed to come stay.
My reasons for her staying are there..
1... I want to get to know her better cos I believe when you live with someone in the same space, that's when you get to know them better, I was once married and have learnt a lot on how ladies pretend in dating but show their true color in marriage, atleast I want to know her well before making another serious commitment of marriage.
2... She works and earn a decent salary which I think will be an added advantage for me by her supporting by we both sharing bills together, it will lessen by burden. Though I haven't discussed this with her yet but hope to soon cos I can't let her depend solely one me while she works.
3.... Ever since I separated from my wife, it's not been easy living alone as a man, the cooking ,washing ,cleaning and loneliness has not been easy, so we living together will atleast help me in these area.
To be candid, the girl is a good girl and I was the one that disvirgin her, she is submissive and respect me, but you know you can really say of a person character until you live with them.

Now my question is to those that have been in this situation of living together with a girlfriend you are yet to marry, how did this affect the relationship afterwards. Pls share your experience be it negative or positive, I really want to learn from others to see if I can proceed on this or just abort mission by not allowing her to stay any longer. Do you think it make sense I share bills with her or I should should all financial responsibility even though am not capable of that now.. pls help me to navigate this scenario

1 Like

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by finallybusy: 6:44pm On Jul 31
Do am, na. Anybody hold you?
Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by Klass99(f): 7:09pm On Jul 31

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by Jeon(f): 7:17pm On Jul 31
Chaii, wetin I want talk nadis person talk so.

I sincerely hope you plan to share house chores with her, to support her and lessen her burden. As you expect her to share bills with you, to support and lessen your burden. I doubt this though considering what you said in point 3.

Ever since I separated from my wife, it's not been easy living alone as a man,the cooking ,washing ,cleaning and loneliness has not been easy.

I thought you logical gender people said marriage doesn't benefit men and women bring nothing to the table. Why are you looking to get married again through the route of immoral cohabitation, when your first marriage didn't work out?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by Afodot0022(m): 7:26pm On Jul 31
I need response from men that have experienced these or also experiencing this to share their experiences. Thank you
Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by Jeon(f): 7:33pm On Jul 31
So you want to use someone experiences to live ur life whereas you were gave brain before anything else.

Some people no go ever rise for this World. This is why we have many people in the mud and pits because of copy and paste kinda lifestyles.

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by chiiraq802(m): 7:33pm On Jul 31
Yes. including her friends and siblings.

1 Like

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by kkins25(m): 8:00pm On Jul 31
Afodot0022:
Good day my lovely people, it always good to share life with you people here. Pls I need to ask, what is the advantage and disadvantage of living together with your girlfriend under the same roof. My girlfriend had an accommodations problem, her friend they stay together kick her out for no just reason, she wanted to get an apartment and the money she was ask to bring was quite much 250k, I convinced her to come stay with me and save that money for other things, initially she opposed but later agreed to come stay.
1... I want to get to know her better cos I believe when you live with someone in the same space, that's when you get to know them better, I was once married and have learnt a lot on how ladies pretend in dating but show their true color in marriage, atleast I want to know her well before making another serious commitment of marriage.
2... She works and earn a decent salary which I think will be an added advantage for me by her supporting by we both sharing bills together, it will lessen by burden. Though I haven't discussed this with her yet but hope to soon cos I can't let her depend solely one me while she works.
3.... Ever since I separated from my wife, it's not been easy living alone as a man, the cooking ,washing ,cleaning and loneliness has not been easy, so we living together will atleast help me in these area.
To be candid, the girl is a good girl and I was the one that disvirgin her, she is submissive and respect me, but you know you can really say of a person character until you live with them.

Now my question is to those that have been in this situation of living together with a girlfriend you are yet to marry, how did this affect the relationship afterwards. Pls share your experience be it negative or positive, I really want to learn from others to see if I can proceed on this or just abort mission by not allowing her to stay any longer. Do you think it make sense I share bills with her or I should take all financial responsibility even though am not capable of that now.. pls help me to navigate this scenario

You're lazy bruh... Not ready for marriage. No wonder the last one collapsed. How many cloths do you wash? For how many people do you cook for?

That "virgin" thing always disgust me ehn. I hope this relationship fails for her sake.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by Theama(m): 8:00pm On Jul 31
No
Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by Blitzking: 8:24pm On Jul 31
lipsrsealed :-X⁶
Afodot0022:

Now my question is to those that have been in this situation of living together with a girlfriend you are yet to marry, how did this affect the relationship afterwards. Pls share your experience be it negative or positive, I really want to learn from others to see if I can proceed on this or just abort mission by not allowing her to stay any longer. Do you think it make sense I share bills with her or I should should all financial responsibility even though am not capable of that now.. pls help me to navigate this scenario
Constant knacking
Regular fighting
She will demand u start providing forget sharing whatsoever
And with constant knacking see finish go enter u might get tired if the love isn't deep
She might get pregnant
She will start asking you when u plan on coming to see her ppl.

2 Likes

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by pocohantas(f): 8:50pm On Jul 31
1) How decent is a salary that it can't pay an annual rent of 250k?

2) You have been married before and you have kids. Kids who are still in touch with you and probably visit. They are also girls from your previous post. So it is important they see you in a good light. Not with numerous women. The next woman they should know you with should be a fiancee/wife. Not a live-in gf, not a babymama. You of all people should know the pains of a single parent home and should do well to avoid a situation that might lead to it again.

3) She is a virgin, she is a good girl, she is hardworking, she is submissive, she respects you, she is this and that. Yet you want to cohabit with the virgin you popped and subject her to intense cooking, cleaning and vetting before doing the needed.

4) She agreed to live with you because her hands are tied. Not because she would have voluntarily cohabited with you if she had the means to get herself a decent place. Not a good way to make a woman be with you. It is in fact worse than whatever it is you are trying to avoid in future.

Goodluck!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by Afodot0022(m): 8:51pm On Jul 31
Honestly just the few days she has stayed,am already getting so uncomfortable and realizing this aren't right. Am trying to see how to talk to her to go and look for an apartment already cos am not just prepared for the aftermath of all this. I just came out from a very terrible marriage that escaping it was like a miracle and won't want any daughter of eve to trap me again in such scenerio
Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by Foodqueen(f): 5:09am On Aug 01
You are asking this question, and you said you were once married

1 Like

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by Twoclans(f): 5:55am On Aug 01
I don't know why I feel so much deep pity for this lady that I don't even know.

Poverty is a bastard sha.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by doggedfighter(f): 7:08pm On Aug 01
Op, you are just a user !

I pity that girl.

4 Likes

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by Sapasenator: 7:18pm On Aug 01
doggedfighter:
Op, you are just a user !

I pity that girl.

User when the girls is getting free rent and food?

Who is really the user here?

1 Like

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by 2special(m): 8:17pm On Aug 01
You want to understand woman.....if you understand her, you won't Love her again.
Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:04pm On Aug 01
$ime ladies are so cheap. A virgin lady who has a stable job reduces herself by dating a divorced man with children, she loses her virginity to such a man, she further reduces herself by going to live with him, giving him her body so freely, $pits sad

4 Likes

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by pocohantas(f): 9:46pm On Aug 01
Twoclans:
I don't know why I feel so much deep pity for this lady that I don't even know.

Poverty is a bastard sha.

Big one. But make I no talk. Any young lady who refuses to heed would understand the hard way that she isn't special.

6 Likes

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by cococandy(f): 10:11pm On Aug 01

She works and earn a decent salary which I think will be an added advantage for me by her supporting by we both sharing bills together, it will lessen by burden. Though I haven't discussed this with her yet but hope to soon cos I can't let her depend solely one me while she works.

You want a wife but without the commitment.

You want her to bring money for you and also cook and clean up after you. How can a divorced after one man like you get a virgin and that wasn’t enough for you, you still want her to pay you and cook and clean for you.

Then in 3 years time you’ll call her old and used even though she probably did everything she felt she needed to show you love.

Na who no know una.

5 Likes

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by cococandy(f): 10:12pm On Aug 01
LilMissFavvy:
$ime ladies are so cheap. A virgin lady who has a stable job reduces herself by dating a divorced man with children, she loses her virginity to such a man, she further reduces herself by going to live with him, giving him her body so freely, $pits sad

Plus her money and other home services too.

Girls really need to be on this forum. it’s very eye opening because NONE of them dudes will ever do this. EVER!

5 Likes

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by bukatyne(f): 10:50pm On Aug 01
Double post.
Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by bukatyne(f): 10:52pm On Aug 01
LilMissFavvy:

This post summarises it.

Well, it happens when a woman doesn't know that she is a woman hence should approach matters of the heart like a woman.

2 Likes

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by Sapasenator: 10:54pm On Aug 01
bukatyne:

This your post summarises it.

Well, it happens when a woman doesn't know that she is a woman hence should approach matters of the heart like a woman.

She gives her body to him anyway regardless of whether she lives with him or not. In 96% of relationships, the minimum expectation from the man is the " giving of the body".
Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by bukatyne(f): 10:57pm On Aug 01
Afodot0022:

In summary, you want a wife when you can't pay bride price.

Well, na your babe get market; na she go name price.

1 Like

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by bukatyne(f): 11:05pm On Aug 01
Sapasenator:

She gives her body to him anyway regardless of whether she lives with him or not. In 96% of relationships, the minimum expectation from the man is the " giving of the body".

This is beyond 'giving' her body.

Except she doesn't have a good plan for herself, the OP is not a spec.

A man who thinks that N250k annual rent is 'on the high side' is broke. N250k rent in itself is cheap meaning an accommodation that isn't 'decent' or in the outskirts of town (except they are not in a capital city).

Why would a virgin be with a broke divorcee with kids? If he were young like her, we would say they are starting life together.

He is already second hand and he doesn't have the finance to make up for it? He doesn't have systems in place and is looking for someone to do chores and pay bills?

A red billboard for a single virgin (well, I am speaking for myself).

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by Sapasenator: 11:13pm On Aug 01
bukatyne:

A man who thinks that N250k annual rent is 'on the high side' is broke. N250k rent in itself is cheap meaning an accommodation that isn't 'decent' or in the outskirts of town (except they are not in a capital city).

Why would a virgin be with a broke divorcee with kids? If he were young like her, we would say they are starting life together.

He is already second hand and he doesn't have the finance to make up for it? He doesn't have systems in place and is looking for someone to do chores and pay bills?

Honestly the dude might have other qualities that might have endeared him to her. The vice president of the United State married a divorcee with two kids and till now does not have any child of her own.

250k per annum in rent? That, I agree with you is on the low side and dude will certainly be struggling but again, perception is in the eye of the beholder.

Now coming to the subject of virginity, as a guy I must be sincere with you, Virginity is not on the top of the list of the qualities I am looking for in a woman even though some ladies think their virginity to be an asset. It may be but I have other overriding qualities that must be present as well before I consider virginity so a lady should not think highly of herself if virginity alone is what she brings to the table.

2 Likes

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by imustsaymymindo: 2:18am On Aug 02
Lol. Only the first point which is getting to know her feels important to me.

My guess is you would finally find out the reason her friend chased her out.
Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by IsellSmartTvs: 2:44am On Aug 02
There will be lots of see finish from both sides,if you can work together to overcome it…then living together won’t be a problem.
Avoid it or Embrace it…that will shape the future of your relationship
Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by Afodot0022(m): 11:20am On Aug 02
Life will humble you soon so you realize what life is all about

bukatyne:

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by Gerrard59(m): 11:23am On Aug 02
Afodot0022:
Good day my lovely people, it always good to share life with you people here. Pls I need to ask, what is the advantage and disadvantage of living together with your girlfriend under the same roof. My girlfriend had an accommodations problem, her friend they stay together kick her out for no just reason, she wanted to get an apartment and the money she was ask to bring sed this with her yet but hope to soon cos I can't let her depend solely one me while she works.
you think it make sense I share bills with her or I should should all financial responsibility even though am not capable of that now.. pls help me to navigate this scenario
I am curious sha, is that you never did those chores as an adult or even as a teen?

That said, I find it interesting a Nigerian man is willing to split bills with his partner. Sha, know it that financially independent people are assertive and opinionated regardless of the gender. She will ask for rights in the relationship compared to someone who is not contributing financially. Money begets independence. On the other hand, wetin make you separate from your ex-wife? Hope it will not affect this relationship?

P.S. I see why modern women drag their feet towards getting married. I am curious why washing, cleaning and cooking are difficult for an adult male.

2 Likes

Re: Should My Girlfriend Cohabite With Me by Gerrard59(m): 11:28am On Aug 02
bukatyne:

This is beyond 'giving' her body. Except she doesn't have a good plan for herself, the OP is not a spec. A man who thinks that N250k annual rent is 'on the high side' is broke. N250k rent in itself is cheap meaning an accommodation that isn't 'decent' or in the outskirts of town (except they are not in a capital city). Why would a virgin be with a broke divorcee with kids? If he were young like her, we would say they are starting life together. He is already second hand and he doesn't have the finance to make up for it? He doesn't have systems in place and is looking for someone to do chores and pay bills? A red billboard for a single virgin (well, I am speaking for myself).
I saw the rent part but didn't want to question it because situations are different. He could be the richest dude in his environment. The bold is appropriate. He has to bring forth an additional feature to a comparable bachelor.

P.S. He did not mention children. But if he has any, bad deal for the girl. She loses bigly (apologies to Donald Trump).

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Storborn House Wife. / Please, In Need Of Legal Advice. / How Long To Wait After Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.