Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,203,979 members, 7,987,502 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 11:58 AM

I Was Given Fake Insurance. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Was Given Fake Insurance. (14732 Views)

Have You Ever Been Given A Lift By A Lady Before? / ‘12 Million Nigerian Motorists Carry Fake Insurance Papers’ / 12 Million Nigerian Motorists Carry Fake Insurance Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by Neroclassic001: 2:23pm On Aug 07
Bullfallo:
thanks but what is this insurance all about? What are the benefits to motorist in Nigeria if it can cost that much every Year? Thanks.

Many Nigerians believe there are no benefits. Reason why the fake are so rampant. The only reason I would want to do the original is just to remove that name that is there.

Thanks.

Do it with Sanlam nig. The best in the business.
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by saveyou: 2:36pm On Aug 07
In 3rd it's difficult to process your claims. Comprehensive insurance is the best. I'm a licenced insurance agent with a reputable company. . If you're interested in the comprehensive insurance, kindly contact me through my email address so that I'll guide you on how to go about it.
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by iyatrustee(f): 2:48pm On Aug 07
uuzba:

The guy is not issued, that's why I called him idiot.
What happens in that situation?
How do you get claim?

He'll fix out of pocket.
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by Marc3500: 2:54pm On Aug 07
Eya sorry
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by VanuatuWycombe: 3:04pm On Aug 07
RealLordZeus:
I used fake insurance for a whole year. A day to the date of expiry, I was stopped by VIO on the Highway, I carried document give them with full chest only for them to say my insurance is fake, na so I called the agent that assisted with the procurement then, the man come dey beg VIO say probably the thing never enter system, for a whole year nitori Olohun..

The strangest part is the road worthiness, when this agent gave me the document last year, I scanned the barcode and it brings someone else name, I complained and he gave me another one the following day, I scanned that one and it brought my details.

Due to the insurance wahala, I decided to renew my documents myself, when I get to the vio office, the woman in charge said my road worthiness is fake, I denied say lai lai, I've confirmed this thing before, she asked me to scan again and to my surprise, it's saying invalid.

Fear Nigerians 3 times in a day

He used barcode generator/editing software/app to edit someone’s road worthiness barcode and then inserted your details into it and saved it back as barcode (in jpeg format) before superimposing it on the fake document he sent to you the second time.
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by murphyung(m): 3:20pm On Aug 07
Bullfallo:
When I bought a Nigeria use car some years ago. I paid to changed ownership and renew all documents.

They did the change of ownership which is proof of ownership and renew the particulars to new name but they forge the insurance certificate.

Unknown to me the insurance was fake. And I have been using it like that since. It turn out now that the last insurance on their system is old and not the one I did and is not even in my name but the previous owner. Because they didn't do the insurance my name is not on it at all.

AIICO INSURANCE got your back. It's easy. Just log onto their website
https://www.aiicoplc.com/
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by coolbode1: 3:39pm On Aug 07
Bro, there are various benefits if you insure your car or any property and a claim will be paid adequately.

I'm an insurance professional.

My advice is to get comprehensive insurance and not third party.

Though comprehensive is a bit costly cos it will covers :any damage to ur car,theft,fire,3rd party property damage up to 3m,passengers, medical expenses to 3rd party,death to third party (unlimited but reasonable)Strike riot and civil commotion,flood

But,

Third party only covers other people's property or vehicle up to 3m and not cover you AT ALL...

08029012147 for more info

Thank you.

.[quote author=Bullfallo post=13125414thanks but what is this insurance all about? What are the benefits to motorist in Nigeria if it can cost that much every Year? Thanks.

Many Nigerians believe there are no benefits. Reason why the fake are so rampant. The only reason I would want to do the original is just to remove that name that is there.

Thanks.
[/quote]
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by Bolingoyabongo(m): 4:37pm On Aug 07
You don't need anyone to do it for you. It's just 15k.
how did he know he was given a fake insurance. Has he gone to the nearest office of the company or the company is non-exisistence? And for the 15k cover you recommended is it for a 'third party' liability cover or comprehensive
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by biggy00000(m): 4:47pm On Aug 07
uuzba:

You have benefitted?
OK.
In the case you are jejely going on your own and one idiot comes and jams your car, how do you get your benefit from that idiot driver/okada/keke?
All that is expected of you is to get a picture of the accident, include the licence plate if possible, contact your insurance company, who will then request for a quote from your auto shop, negotiate with them and pay you after you must sign indemnity form to say this claim has been settled.
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by debayun(m): 5:00pm On Aug 07
Bullfallo:
When I bought a Nigeria use car some years ago. I paid to changed ownership and renew all documents.

They did the change of ownership which is proof of ownership and renew the particulars to new name but they forge the insurance certificate.

Unknown to me the insurance was fake. And I have been using it like that since. It turn out now that the last insurance on their system is old and not the one I did and is not even in my name but the previous owner. Because they didn't do the insurance my name is not on it at all.

First let me derail you here and tell you insurance works in Nigeria I have the experience and billions of naira in settlement to prove it. The first thing you need to do is get an insurance broker. They are the professionals who point you in the right direction and make sure you get your right as the insured.

For your question about the benefits of insurance, a third party motor insurance helps cover you if you have third party accidents meaning with an authentic insurance cover which you can confirm same on askniid.com, you are covered for any third party offense for up to the tune of N3,000,000 for property damage and unlimited cover for damage to body or death. It is very important you get one as it helps to protect you. Bro just get an insurance broker

1 Like

Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by saintnegroid(m): 5:37pm On Aug 07
Bullfallo:
those 3rd party insurance tend to be scam in this country. The insurance companies are owned by corrupt Nigerian politicians.

They take turn in stealing the money and pay bribe, tax to government. It's the rule to have 3rd party insurance to protect other road users but that doesn't work here and turn to corruption.

While the police taking advantage of it to extort money from motorist. The 3rd party insurance is just to steal from motorist. Imagine 15k.

It's the reason many Nigerians prefer the fake once.
third party is not a scam. We have a lot of insurance sold at revenue house, some at secretariats and they are never real insurance. If you need a reliable insurance please visit any insurance company and buy your third party and comprehensive insurance. Third party insurance does not cover your car, it covers the third party car hence the name. Comprehensive insurance covers both your car and the third party car. Comprehensive insurance is 5% of the value of the car. Anytime your car involves in an accident, call your insurer. Most Nigerians do not know that insurance still pays in Nigeria. Please be enlightened. If you have any issues pertaining to insurance you can contact me. If you want to know more you can still contact me
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by femi4: 6:57pm On Aug 07
Bullfallo:

You allow your self to be scam. Autoreg normally send sms to confirm your subscription
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by coolbode1: 7:01pm On Aug 07
I disagree Sir/ma, insurance is not a scam when you have a good insurance professional like me (I'm an insurance brokers).

I've assisted so many to solve their genuine claim.08029012147... more details
rajiedreez:
No vex, insurance in Nigeria is another scam and money laundering avenue people don't know about
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by coolbode1: 7:04pm On Aug 07
Insurance does not cover wear and tear, mechanical fault.... Insurance is a live subject.... I'm a professional insurance broker
chatinent:
Until you get car problem, you will not realise that the insurance paid for in Nigeria does not work.
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by KINGBEN1(m): 7:11pm On Aug 07
Meet reliable and top Insurance Practitioners for anything insurance.

Check my signature

Contact me
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by Abicarrick: 7:48pm On Aug 07
When we tell people to unsure their vehicle with reputable insurance companies, they tend to go with the ones issued by vio personnels ....

I work with Axa Mansard insurance company, Abuja .

I could insure your car if you want
Note: after insuring it, for verification you can visit Axa Mansard site or walk inyo any of their office across Nigeria to verify your customer number.

There are other insurance policies too like health, group life, Marine ( for importation), education plan, savings plan.

You can reach me on:

Note: you're paying to Axa Mansard insurance company account directly and not to any personal account. And you're to confirm it before making any payments.

So make una patronize una boy o, make una no carry my work give another person. cos the benefits are numerous, if person no tell u, u no go know o

Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by Abicarrick: 7:50pm On Aug 07
coolbode1:
Insurance does not cover wear and tear, mechanical fault.... Insurance is a live subject.... I'm a professional insurance broker
That's not true, Try Axa Mansard and see
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by Abicarrick: 7:52pm On Aug 07
[quote author=Neroclassic001 post=131382244][/quo
That's an indegenous insurance company now, please come to Axa Mansard o, it's a global brand
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by owolabi5: 8:01pm On Aug 07
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by rapheal5(m): 10:07pm On Aug 07
ceejayluv:

Na because we never Torchlight their matter.... A few major lawsuits and legislative interventions will Wake them up.
Yea some day
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by rapheal5(m): 10:08pm On Aug 07
dsamedaniels:

There's actually no benefit from car insurance, because it wasn't registered with any insurance company, it is police or road safety money. After that compulsory one, rush to an insurance company; in this case Sanlam insurance and get your vehicle insured it is this insurance that is beneficial when anything happens. comprehensive insurance, #15,000 with tracker. Thank you. 08164538974 Chinedu, sanlam Insurance agent, to know more about anything insurance visit my Facebook page All about insurance. Thank you
Are you sure 15k with tracker?
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by rapheal5(m): 10:10pm On Aug 07
ppogba:

Never say say.
You stand to be corrected and you will be corrected.

Most of the half truths and naked lies about how insurance does not work are from people who cannot boast of owning a bicycle.
But i haven't heard from anybody that the insurance people turn up for them....
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by rapheal5(m): 10:13pm On Aug 07
ppogba:

Why bother yourself about the validity when all you need to do is to just walk into the office of a reputable insurance company and get it yourself instead of an agent?

With that, you are as bold as a lion when stopped by a police officer
Then i think those legit insurance people need to create more awareness online, than going through this photocopy/printing people at every government sectariat/road safety offices.
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by Emmy000seun(m): 10:45pm On Aug 07
You might be right..but looking at the financial commitment of third party to comprehensive,
its a lot ov money.. i think in 2022 downward , third party insurance cost 5k while comprehensive insurance is 10 percent of the amount you bought the car..
iyatrustee:

Not true. Third party insurance is exactly what it is. It covers the damage done to the other party's car.

Most times motorist don't claim on 3rd party because they are not aware it is a valid and binding contract.

Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by manuelbreez(m): 10:54pm On Aug 07
Yampotatocarrot:

Where in Lagos?
Please Dm . My WhatsApp is on my profile
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by anikkybrand: 11:24pm On Aug 07
Like someone said AXA MANSARD for car insurance

To check go to ASKNIID website to be sure of your car insurance certificate

You can contact me
I work for a very good insurance company
Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by anikkybrand: 11:34pm On Aug 07
At AXA MANSARD insurance company.
Offer original certificate

For your health insurance
Motor insurance
Professional indemnity
Group life

Re: I Was Given Fake Insurance. by anikkybrand: 11:39pm On Aug 07
They do
Try Axa, you will not regret.
quote author=rapheal5 post=131389778]
But i haven't heard from anybody that the insurance people turn up for them....[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Engine Oil Specifications Explained - What Does It Mean? / Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. / Are LASTMA Officials Afraid Of Rich Men In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.