Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,573 members, 7,929,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 01:13 AM

Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno (17850 Views)

Tinubu Meets Wike At State House Amid Hunger Protests / Children Stone Tinubu Amid Hunger, Hardship In Nigeria - SaharaReporters / 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by iwaeda: 1:38pm On Aug 01
A 24-hour curfew has been declared in Borno State amid the ongoing hunger protests across the nation.

Spokesman for the Command, Nahum Kenneth Daso, who announced this in a statement on Thursday, said the curfew was on the basis of security concern following the bomb explosion of Wednesday.

Stunned by thousands of storks flying over the sky in Gia Viễn dike, Ninh Bình - Nếm TV

Daily Trust had reported how a bomb exploded at a local tea joint in the state on the eve of the nationwide protest.

Although sources told Daily Trust that 19 persons were killed, the police confirmed 16.

In his statement, the police image maker said the curfew was declared in the interest of peace.

“In view of the constitutional mandate of the Nigeria Police Force and other relevant security and law enforcement agencies toward preservation of law and order in the state. You are all aware of the incident that took place at kawori which was the detonation of improvise explosive devices ordinance device which lead to the death of (16) persons while several others were critically injured and on admission across various Government hospitals in the state.”

“In line with our constitutional mandate towards the restoration of law and order, His Excellency, the executive Governor of Borno State, Prof. Babagana Umar Zulum in consultation with heads of security in the state, finds its expedient to declare 24hrs curfew in the state with immediate effect.”

“I therefore, wish to call upon the good people of Borno State to remain calm and law abiding. Further developments will be communicated to you accordingly please,” the statement read.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-curfew-declared-amid-hunger-protest-in-borno/

7 Likes

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by iwaeda: 1:40pm On Aug 01
grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by EyeCumInPiss: 1:43pm On Aug 01
Any protests powered by hunger is dangerous and highly unpredictable.
A hungry man is an angry man and there is a line between anger and madness. grin

Unfortunately, only language hunger understands is Food, nothing else.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by helinues: 1:43pm On Aug 01
Toh

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by fuckJones(f): 1:45pm On Aug 01
The government is jerking

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by UnfairLife7(m): 1:46pm On Aug 01
Your power is nothing if your people cannot afford quality education
Your power is nothing if your people cannot feed
Why you keep on deceiving the people my brother my sister

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by ambale(m): 2:01pm On Aug 01
helinues:
Toh

Toh Kee you dere foolish man
Mumuness raise to power 10000

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by helinues: 2:02pm On Aug 01
ambale:

Mynd44
Oam4j
Nlfpmod
Fergie001
Mukina
Dominique

Rule 2

35 Likes

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by ambale(m): 2:07pm On Aug 01
helinues:

Mynd44
Oam4j
Nlfpmod
Fergie001
Mukina
Dominique

Rule 2

Na that rule go kee you today

You think I'm afraid of being banned?

You must be a mad person sha

Uve been crying for weeks threatening to maim anyone who tries to protest no one banned you for that

He be like you want to be unfortunate for the rest days of your life abi??

86 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by keymatt(m): 2:11pm On Aug 01
Trying to use curfew to stop protest is like trying to use petrol to quench fire. E no go work. grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by NiRfreak(m): 2:12pm On Aug 01
Government have gone on overdrive using propagada, lies and scare tactics to cancel, douse the moral, and intimidate Nigerians against their lawful right to protest. It's even worse on Nairaland as pro-govt paid-agents infiltrated any thread to amplify such thread and peddle various trope against protest, often times ridiculing us and the suffering of Nigerians. It's a shame and I believe it should fuel our anger to protest the more.
The mildest of govt tactics is to hypnotise and reinforce into the psyche of Nigerians that protest equals violence and death just to discourage us . Bu Historically Govt is usually the cause of all violent protests in Nigeria.
The truth of the matter is, protest by its nature can not always be curtailed or predicted. What determines if a protest will be peaceful is the anger or the gravity of issues that fueled the protest in the first place especially if government is willfully oppressing and causing suffering. Also, Fuelling most violent protest is govts callousness to shoot at protesters. If police shoots at protesters, then there's no more rule of engagement or civility. That becomes a free for all as primal emotion against injustice will take over

Violent protest is bottled up anger against insensitivity or callousness of govt as well as perceived injustice, oppression and resistance of govt.....in such scenario, u cant tell a protester how he expresses that anger.
If protest has to be violent especially by destroying govt property, so be it, if it will get the needed attention. It took govt institutions to be burnt down in Kenya before their govt took them serious.
So Nigerians shouldn't play into govt book that protest should be cordoned off in a venue , that it shouldn't involve blocking of roads, or vandalizing govt property. This is the rule of protest everywhere in the world when people protest against suffering and oppression. Otherwise govt will never take us serious.
The efficacy of protest is unfortunately directly dependent on how much it cripples the economy and how much collateral damage a govt fears it will lose on its institutions and property..... otherwise...na rally una dey do o.....

10 Likes

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by Salewa97: 2:22pm On Aug 01
Curfew? Na wa o! Instead of addressing the hunger issues, they just want to silence the voices of the people suffering.

This is classic Nigerian strategy—put a lid on the anger instead of fixing the problems. How can you impose curfew when people are literally crying for help? It’s like putting a band-aid on a broken leg.

The government should focus on solutions instead of stifling protests. Hunger is real, and so is the frustration of the people. Borno needs serious intervention, not just a curfew!

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by Melagros(m): 2:55pm On Aug 01
COMRADES, let Borno State continue enjoying the Bokoharam treatment

4 Likes

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by Atarakpa: 6:54pm On Aug 01
E don happen. And the funny thing with this borno own is that even the b.k guys will join the protest

2 Likes

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by Brendaniel: 6:54pm On Aug 01
The curfew will work if it will solve the problems of the protesters....

5 Likes

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by atobs4real(m): 6:54pm On Aug 01
When the hunger is too much and take advantage of ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by benuejosh: 6:54pm On Aug 01
I said something on the 29th.

Can we all visit the comment here that got me good insults from the people that know themselves?

see it!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by MaverickA3: 6:55pm On Aug 01
ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by mikywonder(m): 6:55pm On Aug 01
helinues:
Toh

Toh kee u dia

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by helinues: 6:55pm On Aug 01
Too early now.

Allow the protesters to protest for more days

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by Caskdoe: 6:55pm On Aug 01
UnfairLife7:
Your power is nothing if your people cannot afford quality education
Your power is nothing if your people cannot feed
Why you keep on deceiving the people my brother my sister
Stop disturbing this forum with your repeated nonsense

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by eldoradoxx: 6:56pm On Aug 01
Vice President Shettima is from Borno.

2 Likes

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by cezarman(m): 6:59pm On Aug 01
ambale:

His type are at the very bottom of the APC Food chain.
They are mostly used and dumped with nothing tangible to show for all the mumu sacrifice he has made for his party... He'll be more annoying in person.

I've come across many of them... Even so called graduates.

SMH

13 Likes

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by Anguldi(m): 7:01pm On Aug 01
Bomb blast, gory images tongue

3 Likes

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by TopeSanwolu: 7:02pm On Aug 01
benuejosh:
I said something on the 29th.

Can we all visit the comment here that got me good insults from the people that know themselves?

see it!

And you how far have you taken your self in life compare yourself with your mate in other countries maybe you be in the same class with their goat idiot

11 Likes

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by Engrjamjam: 7:02pm On Aug 01
k
Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by Zainabwhitemone: 7:02pm On Aug 01
We got you covered.
Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by israelmao(m): 7:03pm On Aug 01
Imposition of the curfew will only aggravate the situation Emilokan must act at supersonic speed before he is caught up in brewing hunger revolution,I have said time without number before now that hunger revolution is the worst of all revolutions that Tiunbu must act fast and tackle the astronomical rise in food items but he kept footdragging and giving Nigerians false hope.Where are the designated shops to buy 50kg bag of government rice?I have not come across one and I live in a city?Do all Nigeria have money to even buy?And again is the rice the only food item affected by the inflationary spiral and incessant insecurity across farmland in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Curfew Declared Amid Hunger Protest In Borno by ogascomax: 7:03pm On Aug 01
Why didn't they use this same energy to declare State of emergency on food and security. It's because of the protest.
Things are just building up and the government better address key issues.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Damaturu, Yobe On Fire? / Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 / National Assembly Postpones Budget Passing Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.