Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,464 members, 7,923,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 12:19 PM

Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu (700 Views)

Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria / Yakassai: I Knew Buhari Can’t Fix Any Of Nigeria’s Problems / France Can’t Fix Your Problem To You – Macron Tells Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by ogododo: 2:53pm On Aug 01
National Chairman of Abia State Elders Consultative Forum, Archbishop Professor Princewilll Ariwodor, has asked President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, to honourablly quit if he had no solution to the crumbling Nigerian economy.

I See Myself As Beautiful And Well Dressed, I Don't Look At The Mirror So I Won't Have Negative....0:15 / 1:07
keep watching

The cleric who was recently elected the world President of International College and Council of Bishops and Apostles, ICCOBA, in Dublin, spoke with Vanguard in the wake of the nationwide protest against hunger and bad governance.

He argued that the President should not have made himself available to lead the country if he knew he had no solution to the challenges plaguing the nation particularly the hardship created by his anti-people policies.

Professor Ariwodor cautioned Government against any attempt to scare citizens from holding peaceful protest, describing such as an ambush against democracy.

He described the precarious economic situation in the country, and called for urgent action to revamp it.

“We have never experienced this level of decay in the economic management of this country. Other leaders were in one way or the other better than the current Government.

” Tinubu should resign if he is unable to fix the economy. The Nigeria economy was far better before he took over. Buhari handed over to him a better economy which he has now destroyed.

” But his allies and psychopaths don’t tell him the truth. Nigerians are suffering, there is no pretense.”

Archbishop Ariwodor warned against use of force to suppress the nationwide protest, insisting that Nigerians have right to peaceful protest.

“Nigerians are hungry and have the constitutional right to express their grievances through peaceful protest.

” The people are not violent, so, why will you apply force against peaceful protesters?

” Why will you flog people and ask them not to cry? You are flogging the nation and shouldn’t ask the people not to cry.

” Government should listen to public opinions. Pressure groups, provided they are not violent, make Governments to sit up. “

The Abia Elders Consultative Forum helmsman, also warned against any attempt to arrest the 2023 presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Mr Peter Obi, for speaking truth to power.

He said that Obi should not be persecuted for constructively criticising the Tinubu-led administration over its poor management of the economy.

Archbishop Ariwodor declared support for Obi and other Nigerians who had criticised the bad policies of Government, or declared support for peaceful protest.

” Abia elders solidly stand behind Obi. And if anybody attempts to arrest him, we will all march to Abuja, and they should get ready to slaughter all of us there. If anybody touches him for speaking the truth, the person should be ready to kill all of us.

” I spoke with Obasanjo and I agree with his advice to Tinubu that peaceful protesters should not be touched. This is democracy. I totally endorse the position of the former President in the statement he had issued.”

The cleric disagreed with those calling for the shelving of the nationwide protest, accusing them of deceiving the President for personal gains.

“We want to dissociate ourselves with the advice of Igbo leaders who found themselves in position of authority, and do not see the level of suffering of the Nigerian masses as a result of bad governance.

” Why will you want people to keep quiet and remain in the House when a cup of beans is N600 and two cups of garri N500?”

He, however, advised the protesters not to go violent but express their grievances within the ambit of the law.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/08/resign-if-you-cant-fix-nigerias-economy-archbishop-tells-tinubu/

1 Like

Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by alsudan: 2:54pm On Aug 01
Where's has the idiot been since the breakdown of law and order?

But Ronus will come and call the Archbishop names for stating the obvious.

1 Like

Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by Bobloco: 2:54pm On Aug 01
That's the honourable thing to do

But unfortunately, Tinubu lacks honour
Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by AqualinaXYZ: 3:00pm On Aug 01
Resign abi go to jail from Aso Rock

Tinubu has committed crime against humanity

2 Likes

Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by Goodvibes007: 3:02pm On Aug 01
Bobloco:
That's the honourable thing to do

But unfortunately, Tinubu lacks honour
Have you seen any Nigerian president resign from power? Even the politicians that do resign and not kicked out are the ones born and bred abroad like Kemi Adeosun.

6 Likes

Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by dumahi(m): 3:03pm On Aug 01
If Tinubu resigns, who takes over. Bokoharamic Shettima? Frying pan to fire.
Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by Throwback: 3:05pm On Aug 01
Archbishop Ariwodor declared support for Obi and other Nigerians who had criticised the bad policies of Government, or declared support for peaceful protest.

” Abia elders solidly stand behind Obi. And if anybody attempts to arrest him, we will all march to Abuja, and they should get ready to slaughter all of us there. If anybody touches him for speaking the truth, the person should be ready to kill all of us.

Igbo man will always declare supoort for his fellow igbo naa.

We saw how they took Obi campaign to all the churches in the SouthEast, as it became popular sermon very Sunday.

5 Likes

Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by Throwback: 3:06pm On Aug 01
AqualinaXYZ:

Tinubu suppose die hanging

That’s how drug lords are killed

DSS should take note.

5 Likes

Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by AqualinaXYZ: 3:07pm On Aug 01
Throwback:

DSS should take note.

Amadioha should take note

Since DSD has a separate market they buy things cheap

Keep editing my comment at your discretion
Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by Throwback: 3:10pm On Aug 01
AqualinaXYZ:

Amadioha should take note

Since DSD has a separate market they buy things cheap

Keep editing my comment at your discretion

You are asking that a President should be killed.

You are Igbo, so I do not expect much from you.

4 Likes

Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by Iamanoited: 3:11pm On Aug 01
HE IS AN IBO POLITICIAN.
Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by AqualinaXYZ: 3:12pm On Aug 01
Throwback:

You are asking that a President should be killed.

You are Igbo, so I do not expect much from you.

Any thing you like add to my comment after editing

Na you and your papa business
Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by bigsyke: 3:13pm On Aug 01
Throwback:

Igbo man will always declare supoort for his fellow igbo naa.

We saw how they took Obi campaign to all the churches in the SouthEast, as it became popular sermon very Sunday.
The sad thing, Tinubu removed subsidy also in education and health sector
Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by Chinkoalhaji34: 4:00pm On Aug 01
Na so e be, everybody dey talk like say dem sabi pass Tinubu. But make we no forget say e no easy to fix wetin don scatter for years. If dem fit come together and support am, we go see the better Nigeria we dey hope for. Na teamwork we need, not just talk. Let's give am chance to show wetin e fit do.

4 Likes

Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by hisgrace090: 4:06pm On Aug 01
He knows not how to fix anything but only how to increase taxes on everything.
Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by Judgementa1: 4:18pm On Aug 01
ogododo:
National Chairman of Abia State Elders Consultative Forum, Archbishop Professor Princewilll Ariwodor, has asked President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, to honourablly quit if he had no solution to the crumbling Nigerian economy.

I See Myself As Beautiful And Well Dressed, I Don't Look At The Mirror So I Won't Have Negative....0:15 / 1:07
keep watching

The cleric who was recently elected the world President of International College and Council of Bishops and Apostles, ICCOBA, in Dublin, spoke with Vanguard in the wake of the nationwide protest against hunger and bad governance.

He argued that the President should not have made himself available to lead the country if he knew he had no solution to the challenges plaguing the nation particularly the hardship created by his anti-people policies.

Professor Ariwodor cautioned Government against any attempt to scare citizens from holding peaceful protest, describing such as an ambush against democracy.

He described the precarious economic situation in the country, and called for urgent action to revamp it.

“We have never experienced this level of decay in the economic management of this country. Other leaders were in one way or the other better than the current Government.

” Tinubu should resign if he is unable to fix the economy. The Nigeria economy was far better before he took over. Buhari handed over to him a better economy which he has now destroyed.

” But his allies and psychopaths don’t tell him the truth. Nigerians are suffering, there is no pretense.”

Archbishop Ariwodor warned against use of force to suppress the nationwide protest, insisting that Nigerians have right to peaceful protest.

“Nigerians are hungry and have the constitutional right to express their grievances through peaceful protest.

” The people are not violent, so, why will you apply force against peaceful protesters?

” Why will you flog people and ask them not to cry? You are flogging the nation and shouldn’t ask the people not to cry.

” Government should listen to public opinions. Pressure groups, provided they are not violent, make Governments to sit up. “

The Abia Elders Consultative Forum helmsman, also warned against any attempt to arrest the 2023 presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Mr Peter Obi, for speaking truth to power.

He said that Obi should not be persecuted for constructively criticising the Tinubu-led administration over its poor management of the economy.

” I spoke with Obasanjo and I agree with his advice to Tinubu that peaceful protesters should not be touched. This is democracy. I totally endorse the position of the former President in the statement he had issued.”

The cleric disagreed with those calling for the shelving of the nationwide protest, accusing them of deceiving the President for personal gains.

“We want to dissociate ourselves with the advice of Igbo leaders who found themselves in position of authority, and do not see the level of suffering of the Nigerian masses as a result of bad governance.

” Why will you want people to keep quiet and remain in the House when a cup of beans is N600 and two cups of garri N500?”

He, however, advised the protesters not to go violent but express their grievances within the ambit of the law.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/08/resign-if-you-cant-fix-nigerias-economy-archbishop-tells-tinubu/

So your brother will take over bigot bishop.

All this ibo people sef.
Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by haslaw(m): 4:22pm On Aug 01
When will Nigerians learn the antics of the SE.

This was how Nnamdi Azikiwe positioned his people for a bloody ethnic cleansing they called a coup in January 1966. Same Azikiwe sneaked out of the country just before the coup leaving his friends from other regions to be massacred

3 Likes

Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by princepeter566: 4:56pm On Aug 01
Like deaf and dumb. Tinubu no go hear till what is being cooked will consume him
Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by sIfioksq: 5:08pm On Aug 01
Archbishop, it's easy to talk from the sidelines. Let's see if you can do better! Constructive criticism is welcome, but throwing in the towel won't help Nigeria. We need solutions, not just words.

3 Likes

Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by ogododo: 5:12pm On Aug 01
Nlfpmod dis man self get hearing problem.
Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by Kobojunkieee: 5:15pm On Aug 01
AqualinaXYZ:
Tinubu has committed crime against humanity
Make him resign commit aso rock first. We go pick am up on the road out of aso rock and put am in chains first for killing innocent protesters and so on .. undecided
Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by trutharena: 5:41pm On Aug 01
Archbishop should focus on prayers instead of resignation talk. TINUBU is a man of action, and he is committed to fixing Nigeria's economy. Let’s give him the chance to deliver on his promises!

3 Likes

Re: Resign If You Can’t Fix Nigeria’s Economy, Archbishop Tells Tinubu by ogododo: 8:39am On Aug 02
Gwo gwo.

(1) (Reply)

Another South African Saga / Status Of The Nigerian Freedom Of Information Bill / Al Qaeda To Cut At Least 5,000 Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.