Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,467 members, 7,929,549 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 04:28 PM

Extortion At The Corporate Affairs Commission- CAC - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Extortion At The Corporate Affairs Commission- CAC (110 Views)

Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring / Benefits Of Registering Your Company With The Corporate Affairs Commission / How To Register Your Company With Corporate Affairs Commission (cac) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extortion At The Corporate Affairs Commission- CAC by musicwriter(m): 6:31pm On Aug 01
Injustice is at every corner in Nigeria.....you begin to see the reason for the protests.

I wanted to register a business name, and after paying the normal N10,000 for business name registration, the corporate affairs commission is asking for an additional N62,000 (see attachment) or thereabout to proceed. Why? Because they said the business start date I've put in by mistake is older than 28 days, therefore, I must pay N150 per day for a year plus some months.

This is an e-Extortion because there was no warning whatsoever that submitting the form would attract additional charge. So, basically, they're holding me on an e-hostage/kidnapping to pay N62,000 or thereabout.

But even if I made a mistake in the business commencement date, I should be able to correct it since the business is still under registration. As long as the business hasn't been registered, there's no genuine reason why I shouldn't make correction without a fee.

I've waited patiently for the 60 days period window allowed to register a business to expire, so that I can either cancel the registration to get a refund or begin the registration afresh but none of this an option.

Email messages sent to them didn't get a response. They essentially have no customer service. Now, there's no way to get a refund. It therefore has to be an e-extortion or even a fraud.

Re: Extortion At The Corporate Affairs Commission- CAC by chizzy161(f): 7:19pm On Aug 01
You are obviously not an accredited agent. You ought to have contacted someone more knowledgeable in that field. Now you have lost your money.
Re: Extortion At The Corporate Affairs Commission- CAC by chizzy161(f): 7:21pm On Aug 01
You are obviously not an accredited agent. You ought to have contacted someone more knowledgeable in that field. Now you have lost your money. You are probably using someone's login details to access the portal.
Re: Extortion At The Corporate Affairs Commission- CAC by musicwriter(m): 7:48pm On Aug 01
chizzy161:
You are obviously not an accredited agent. You ought to have contacted someone more knowledgeable in that field. Now you have lost your money. You are probably using someone's login details to access the portal.

Are you the only one that doesn't know you don't need an agent to register a company?

Next time don't jump in to comment on something you know nothing about.

This is not the first company I registered all by MYSELF

1 Like

Re: Extortion At The Corporate Affairs Commission- CAC by Kobicove(m): 9:09pm On Aug 01
musicwriter:
Injustice is at every corner in Nigeria.....you begin to see the reason for the protests.

I wanted to register a business name, and after paying the normal N10,000 for business name registration, the corporate affairs commission is asking for an additional N62,000 (see attachment) or thereabout to proceed. Why? Because they said the business start date I've put in by mistake is older than 28 days, therefore, I must pay N150 per day for a year plus some months.

This is an e-Extortion because there was no warning whatsoever that submitting the form would attract additional charge. So, basically, they're holding me on an e-hostage/kidnapping to pay N62,000 or thereabout.

But even if I made a mistake in the business commencement date, I should be able to correct it since the business is still under registration. As long as the business hasn't been registered, there's no genuine reason why I shouldn't make correction without a fee.

I've waited patiently for the 60 days period window allowed to register a business to expire, so that I can either cancel the registration to get a refund or begin the registration afresh but none of this an option.

Email messages sent to them didn't get a response. They essentially have no customer service. Now, there's no way to get a refund. It therefore has to be an e-extortion or even a fraud.

My advise to you is to create another profile then start the business name registration process from scratch but this time with a different name.

Unfortunately you would have to forfeit the 10K you already paid
Re: Extortion At The Corporate Affairs Commission- CAC by chizzy161(f): 9:19pm On Aug 01
musicwriter:

Are you the only one that doesn't know you don't need an agent to register a company?

Next time don't jump in to comment on something you know nothing about.

This is not the first company I registered all by MYSELF

Continue doing nonsense with your oversabi.
Re: Extortion At The Corporate Affairs Commission- CAC by musicwriter(m): 9:41pm On Aug 01
Kobicove:

My advise to you is to create another profile then start the business name registration process from scratch but this time with a different name.

Unfortunately you would have to forfeit the 10K you already paid

Good idea!

And that's exactly why I waited for the 60 days registration window period to elapse.

After the 60 days window passed, I tried registering the same company name from another account. But they won't let me, instead it brings up the company at the same stage where I am stuck in the other account. It wants me to pay the so called penalty even in the second account!!

That's the more reason it's an e-extortion. It's a fraud!!

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Richest People From 14 States Of Nigeria. / Franchise Opportunity For Your Business Growth / How To Create Interactive Ebooks That Add Value To Your Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.