Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,875 members, 7,952,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 06:16 PM

My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. (1005 Views)

The "Protest" That "Restructured" Nigeria By suyi Ayodele / Who Remembers This Caption That Went Viral In 2022? / President Buhari Moves To Proscribe Shiites After Protest That Turned Violent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by burp18: 4:29am On Aug 02
Things are bad and everyone knows things are bad. There was a need for this protest to hold but not in the manner at which it is going on currently. It's really very glaring to all and sunder the North is the only one losing more in this crisis. The ones who instigated this protest, the people pulling the strings have decided to go numb. Even a not very smart person would have seen this from the onset.

This is not a protest
I reiterate; THIS IS NOT A PROTEST

It was barely even 8am in the morning yet and the said protesters(criminals) are already on a destruction spree. Looting and vandalizing public properties and attacking security personnels is not the way to go.

Why block major roads thereby inconveniencing other road users from going about their daily lives? Same freedom you were given to protest is the same freedom you decided to deprive other road users.

The police needs to act and they need to act fast. Any gathering of 20 people or more should be dispersed using the maximum force necessary. An example needs to be set because Nigerians are stubborn people.

Security agencies must not fall these gimmicks of these gathering of criminals in the name of a protest. The goal was clear from the onset.
Obstruct, Destroy and to Provoke our police and into retaliating.

Take your protests to your Presidents, Your governors and all your elected representatives at all levels.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by Zaheertyler(m): 5:19am On Aug 02
What is the difference between the protesters and the govt they're fighting

The lesson is for everyone to embrace humility everyone under the rule of law no exception
If they don't do it now they will do it soon when it will be the only option

General olusegun Obasanjo would never hide behind the police or military at a time like this
He will come out like a man that he is and address the issues
Even if things are rough at the moment
Your manner of approach and kind words is enough to send everyone back home

The protesters are not any different
If you fight fire with fire then you're not smart
You're angry but anger has helped nobody throughout History if wisdom isn't applied
And it won't start today..if you owe me money and I begin to spoil your properties because of anger then I have given you power..

At the end let democracy love and peace win
I think its high time you people started working towards These things as they are the foundation of nation building
For me I have a personal race to follow I can't keep getting distracted
Let peacE reign 🕊️🤍

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by burp18: 5:34am On Aug 02
Zaheertyler:
What is the difference between the protesters and the govt they're fighting

The lesson is for everyone to embrace humility everyone under the rule of law no exception
If they don't do it now they will do it soon when it will be the only option

General olusegun Obasanjo would never hide behind the police or military at a time like this
He will come out like a man that he is and address the issues
Even if things are rough at the moment
Your manner of approach and kind words is enough to send everyone back home

The protesters are not any different
If you fight fire with fire then you're not smart
You're angry but anger has helped nobody throughout History if wisdom isn't applied
And it won't start today..if you owe me money and I begin to spoil your properties because of anger then I have given you power..

At the end let democracy love and peace win
I think its high time you people started working towards These things as they are the foundation of nation building
For me I have a personal race to follow I can't keep getting distracted
Let peacE reign 🕊️🤍
The point I'm trying to make is this protest is going to only make things 10x worse than it already is. People are going to die because you don't expect armed men to fold their arms and watch while they get lynched, stoned or even killed. Tinubu and every other government may have failed us but Nigeria in itself has failed.

We live in diverse complex country that produces and generates nothing. The meagre little resources is not enough to cater for its citizens and it's get misappropriated or stolen all the time. It's so bad they're now borrowing just so they can steal and if we are to say it as it is. This country has long failed. It didn't just start today. My advice for everyone out there is to have a thorough rethink before they take any action. Life's hard enough as it is

3 Likes

Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by DMerciful(m): 5:40am On Aug 02
Because Igbos are not protesting? When I tell people Igbos lead Nigeria by influence, they'd argue.

The East might join after 2-3days
burp18:
Things are bad and everyone knows things are bad. There was a need for this protest to hold but not in the manner at which it is going on currently. It's really very glaring to all and sunder the North is the only one losing more in this crisis. The ones who instigated this protest, the people pulling the strings have decided to go numb. Even a not very smart person would have seen this from the onset.

This is not a protest

It was barely even 8am in the morning yet and the said protesters(criminals) are already on a destruction spree. Looting and vandalizing public properties and attacking security personnels is not the way to go.

Why block major roads thereby inconveniencing other road users from going about their daily lives? Same freedom you were given to protest is the same freedom you decided to deprive other road users.

The police needs to act and they need to act fast. Any gathering of 20 people or more should be dispersed using the maximum force necessary. An example needs to be set because Nigerians are stubborn people.

Security agencies must not fall these gimmicks of these gathering of criminals in the name of a protest. The goal was clear from the onset.

Take your protests to your Presidents, Your governors and all your elected representatives at all levels.

Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by Goodvibes007: 5:46am On Aug 02
burp18:

This is not a protest

Very dark man was one of those asking for protest, he is now begging FG to declare a curfew.

Waspappin' is regretting too and crying all over twitter.

Ibrahimcoomasie:
Very dark man ask president Bola Ahmed Tinubu to declare curfew.

Nlfpmod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T13epzl_dgc?si=6rlNf6omP87tlko8

4 Likes

Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by burp18: 5:52am On Aug 02
DMerciful:
Because Igbos are not protesting? When I tell people Igbos lead Nigeria by influence, they'd argue.

The East might join after 2-3days
There are almost 500 different ethnic groups in Nigeria. I don't remember mentioning any tribe. Nobody cares whether you join the protest or not. What you should understand is, it gets around. What gets around will go around. What affects one Nigerian affects all.

5 Likes

Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by helinues: 5:52am On Aug 02
I slept like a baby yesterday night.

We secured South West all through yesterday.

Kudos to everyone who kept things real

7 Likes

Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by burp18: 6:03am On Aug 02
Goodvibes007:

Very dark man was one of those asking for protest, he is now begging FG to declare a curfew.

Waspappin' is regretting too and crying all over twitter.

Declaring a curfew is only going to make things worse. The people that instigated this, the people inciting this who are in their far away region exonerated from all these really should have a rethink. The protesters masquerading as criminals will keep doing what they know how to do best which is too loot, constitute nuisance and destroy and when there's nothing left to loot or destroy. They'll move to other regions. E go reach everybody I'm very certain of this. Except of course if there's a way this can be averted and contained. What affects one Nigerian affects all. That's how we are wired.

4 Likes

Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by MaziObinnaokija: 6:05am On Aug 02
cool Allow Kano,up North gov to enjoy the breeze.Their 👁 go clear soon.

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by MaziObinnaokija: 6:08am On Aug 02
cool As long as their madness stay off SW corridors cool cheesy wink
Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by Jokay07(m): 6:08am On Aug 02
helinues:

Seems the North scored own goal yesterday
Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by helinues: 6:08am On Aug 02
Jokay07:

Seems the North scored own goal yesterday

I don't know oo and I don't want to know.

Me dey mind my region like kilode for this period

2 Likes

Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by Sheuns(m): 6:11am On Aug 02
What do you mean by those that instigated the protests?

The August 1 date was picked and circulated by some northern groups. Why do you want to pin the protest on some other people?

2 Likes

Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by burp18: 6:20am On Aug 02
Sheuns:
What do you mean by those that instigated the protests?

The August 1 date was picked and circulated by some northern groups. Why do you want to pin the protest on some other people?
What northern groups if i may ask? What's their interest and what do they represent? It is in the best interest of everyone that this thing is contained right now because the longer it takes, the harder it'll be to contain.

4 Likes

Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by seanwilliam(m): 7:36am On Aug 02
I’m in full support of protest as it’s part of fundamental human rights, but what I’m totally against is destruction of private and public properties.
Anyone caught engaging in destruction of properties should be dealt with without mercy.. imagine looting a fellow citizen shop going through same hardship as you all in the name of protest … if na me, na shoot I go shoot u ..
However it’s high time Ogbeni Tinubu addressed the nation, make him no dey hide behind him wife like mumu… if him know say e no sabi what to do, make e step down or gtfo..
life is becoming unbearable for people out there.

People Dey vex, hunger dey deal with them..
Make e reduce petrol price, and open border ( if that will mitigate food inflation ),.. him sha claim to sabi politics, make e do something …

And to y’all batists and obidients using the protest to score cheap points, both of una no get brain..

Koko be say make Nigeria dey ok, I don’t give a damn about yall ..

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by nedu666: 8:27am On Aug 02
burp18:
What northern groups if i may ask? What's their interest and what do they represent? It is in the best interest of everyone that this thing is contained right now because the longer it takes, the harder it'll be to contain.

You don't have to be a coward online. We know you're upset that the Northerners who you and fellow Yorubas have turned to their self appointed spokesman like slaves are disappointed that they are protesting against tinubu. You wished it was lgbos protesting so that you can justify your false narrative. So stop pretending we know busybody like you

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by Lance008(m): 8:31am On Aug 02
Jus Dey play
Aboki mak don change am to we are no longer interested
Ba muayi
Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by amazingspiderma: 8:48am On Aug 02
I laugh at people who want these set of Nigerians to protest peacefully.

These people are protesting their survival. I bet you until they are able to afford food again, they will keep repeating this behavior.

Nigeria has cross the threshold of affordable living.
When hardworking people cannot feed themselves again. A husband looking at his wife and kids and realize he is suddenly not going to be able to properly take care of them.

Unless you are a father, you will not understand.

There is no peaceful end in sight with the way things are at the moment.

Something has to give.
Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by Atuero(m): 9:22am On Aug 02
helinues:

Who are the we?
Sometimes you attach undue importance to yourself because a platform (nairaland) has been given to you to misuse

People are so simple, and so subject to present necessities, that anyone who seeks to deceive will always find someone who will allow himself to be deceived.”

— Chapter XVIII of The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli
Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by helinues: 9:23am On Aug 02
Atuero:

Who are the we?
Sometimes you attach undue importance to yourself because a platform (nairaland) has been given to you to misuse

People are so simple, and so subject to present necessities, that anyone who seeks to deceive will always find someone who will allow himself to be deceived.”

— Chapter XVIII of The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli

Don't ask me dumbo questions

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: My Take On The Protest That Went Down Yesterday. by burp18: 12:37pm On Aug 02
nedu666:

You don't have to be a coward online. We know you're upset that the Northerners who you and fellow Yorubas have turned to their self appointed spokesman like slaves are disappointed that they are protesting against tinubu. You wished it was lgbos protesting so that you can justify your false narrative. So stop pretending we know busybody like you
I asked you a really simple question. Who are these Northern groups and what do then stand for? What do they represent? You're not very smart sorry to say.

(1) (Reply)

Open Defecation In Nigeria By Geo Political Zones / Are The Political Parties Ready? / Joint Campaign Flier Of 28 Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.