Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,225 members, 7,904,057 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 07:44 AM

Top Websites You Should Visit With Extreme Caution - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top Websites You Should Visit With Extreme Caution (2085 Views)

What Are Your Fav Websites You Go When Bored / Top Websites / Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Websites You Should Visit With Extreme Caution by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 04, 2011
Hello webmasters, how well do you trust the reports of McAfee Site Advisor?

If you have noticed, gnbo.com.ng has a paid listing by google for keyword "web design" and related keywords.

I use a McAfee Site Advisor, each time I do a google search and www.gnbo.com.ng is listed, it flags as an
unsafe site to visit.

I assume that the reports of McAfee can be trusted, though i may be wrong.

This is not to tarnish the image of any website, but to ensure that website owners/administrators have the security
of the internet users in mind.

What other sites are unsafe to visit?

Re: Top Websites You Should Visit With Extreme Caution by larion: 8:23am On Dec 04, 2011
WTF, poster r u 4 real, shocked u said u dont want 2 tarnish d image of d website, but exactly wat av u done? kind of unfair 2 KILL some1's sweat, c your topic self ''top website u shld visit , bla bla'', any1 one seeing it will think u av done some homework and abt 2 give us @ least 5 - 7 websites we shld b careful with, but rada u went as far as showing screen shots of how mcafee buried d site, its totally unfair and absolutely unethical professionally, me just think u av a crush on d dude, mayb he/she took one of your jobs grin, i might b wrong, but rili u no try, and yes DONT even go there, d site is not mine and i dont know or av any link with d owner, if u wanted 2 point errors there r beta ways u cld av done dat, i rili suspect u av sometin else u r not telling, if dis is how u do your profession den i shed tears 4 your career cry

m a regular member of d webmaster section but more often dan nt i come in as anonymous and keep mute, too many nonsense do go on and i still remain mute, dis is just one issue i cant afford 2 remain mute on, total nonsense!!!! so unfortunate d spam bot cldnt place a firewall on your post, rubbish angry
Re: Top Websites You Should Visit With Extreme Caution by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 04, 2011
Larion, I think you got the wrong side of my post.

I thought we all would reason that the internet should be a place where we all can get what we want without the fear of loosing personal information or feeling unsecured.

Of course, i've got no issues with them, i love there project and even helped a colleague with the service they are offering. But this is a website i would not attempt to access from my PC.

larion:
if u wanted 2 point errors there r beta ways u cld av done dat, i rili suspect u av sometin else u r not telling, if dis is how u do your profession den i shed tears 4 your career.

You see Larion, the only good thing i see in your post is that i went about it the wrong way, and for that, I APOLOGIZE

Meanwhile, I fear that you may never stop shedding tears, if you think that pointing out websites that are unsecured for internet users is not an ideal thing. I've been a victim in the past, and will never be again.

Once again, I APOLOGIZE for going about this the wrong way, but i have no regrets haven mentioned that.

(1) (Reply)

Wordpress, Joomla & Drupal Which Do You Prefer (state Your Reasons) / Wife Feeling Irritating To Kiss His Husband On Wedding Day . / Can I Create Forms In Flash?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.