Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,418 members, 7,911,028 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 11:20 PM

Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct (380 Views)

Governor Sanwoolu Casts His Vote, Advises Peaceful Conduct Of The People / Lagos Bye-Elections: Police Declare Restriction Order, Sue For Peaceful Conduct / Bayelsa: David Lyon Commends INEC For Peaceful Conduct Of Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by Assamjnr: 10:14am On Aug 02
• Says When the Righteous Are in Power, the People Rejoice

• Calls for Continued Support for Gov. Umo Eno

A former ExxonMobil senior staff member, seasoned entrepreneur, and PDP chairmanship aspirant for the 2024 local government elections in Ibesikpo Asutan; Obong Nsikak Oku, has commended the people of Akwa Ibom for their peaceful disposition amid the nationwide protests.

Our reporter observed that on the first day of the protests, Akwa Ibomites and residents conducted their civic and economic activities with usual orderliness, without any security incidents in any part of the state.

In contrast, states such as Kano, Borno, Yobe, Kaduna, Gombe, Bauchi, FCT, Niger, and Jigawa experienced significant unrest, resulting in the alleged loss of 19 lives and destruction of properties worth hundreds of millions of naira.

Speaking with journalists and bloggers in Uyo, Oku, famously known as G4, emphasized that the peaceful situation in Akwa Ibom aligns with the Biblical statement, When the righteous are in power, the people rejoice. He observed that this development reinforces the reputation of Akwa Ibom as the most peaceful state in Nigeria.

Obong Oku emphatically thanked the residents for heeding Governor Umo Eno's pleas to remain peaceful and avoid violence. He specifically appreciated the students, youths, women, artisans, public servants, traditional rulers, religious leaders, labour leaders, and civil society organizations for their invaluable roles in maintaining peace.

G4 noted that the situation could have been different without the proactive measures put in place by the Governor to improve the lives of Akwa Ibomites. Oku praised Pastor Umo Eno for his numerous programmes and projects, including support for retirees and civil servants, the construction of ARISE homes for the poorest citizens, financial support for entrepreneurs through IbomLED, and investments in education, health, infrastructure, security, and agriculture.

While thanking the people for their peaceful conduct, Obong Nsikak Oku solicited continued support for the governor and his administration to ensure the ongoing progress in Akwa Ibom.

Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by mariovito(m): 10:23am On Aug 02
You write about Nsikak yet post Umoeno photograph...
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by yungkels(m): 10:32am On Aug 02
mariovito:
You write about Nsikak yet post Umoeno photograph...
I tire oo
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:40am On Aug 02
As a former Exxon Mobil executive what has been his contribution to the development of Ibesikpo, or is it only when they want a political post that they remember their LGA? because of the LG autonomy even commisioners are now resigning to run 4 the office of the chairman. Tell him to pack one side.
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by Tsarbomba: 11:11am On Aug 02
Akwa ibomites are cow@rds. That's why there's no federal projects there.!! The squeaky wheel get the grease.!
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 11:36am On Aug 02
And their son Inihe is leading the North and West. Waoooo. I knew it. The promoters will set your base on flame while protecting their home front.
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by PulsingPurple(m): 11:58am On Aug 02
Tsarbomba:
Akwa ibomites are cow@rds. That's why there's no federal projects there.!!
The squeaky wheel get the grease.!

And the non-coward states, what exactly have they achieved?

As an Akwa Ibomite, I intended making a post here to congratulate everyone for observing peace here, not because things aren't hard here or we were silenced, but because we've not seen sufficient motive.

Remember we joined #EndSARS, but what happened?
Civilian properties were destroyed to pass a message.

If we want to make a unified protest against hardship in Akwa Ibom, we'll try our best to do so without making things worse for ourselves, and there's no assurance that a protest demonstration won't cause havoc.

I went to work yesterday, everywhere was so peaceful, except a few officers casually scattered across.

Which brings me back to what I meant to address:

After all the 'federal projects' in non-coward states, we still have a more peaceful society here and cheaper costs of living.

That's not to say I (we) support Tinubu's laws or anything.
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by Tsarbomba: 1:06pm On Aug 02
[/quote] What criteria did you use to determined that Akwa ibom has cheaper cost of living?
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by Tsarbomba: 1:15pm On Aug 02
PulsingPurple:

As an Akwa Ibomite, I intended making a post here to congratulate everyone for observing peace here, not because things aren't hard here or we were silenced, but because we've not seen sufficient motive.

Remember we joined #EndSARS, but what happened?
Civilian properties were destroyed to pass a message.

If we want to make a unified protest against hardship in Akwa Ibom, we'll try our best to do so without making things worse for ourselves, and there's no assurance that a protest demonstration won't cause havoc.

I went to work yesterday, everywhere was so peaceful, except a few officers casually scattered across.

Which brings me back to what I meant to address:

After all the 'federal projects' in non-coward states, we still have a more peaceful society here and cheaper costs of living.

That's not to say I (we) support Tinubu's laws or anything.
?? Cheaper cost of living? Lol
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by PulsingPurple(m): 1:25pm On Aug 02
Tsarbomba:
What criteria did you use to determined that Akwa ibom has cheaper cost of living?

Mention the non-coward states and mention their average house rents for a two-bedroom flat in an average area of the state. We can start from there.
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by SyrusdeHansome(m): 1:43pm On Aug 02
PulsingPurple:

Mention the non-coward states and mention their average house rents for a two-bedroom flat in an average area of the state. We can start from there.
Ask him to mention his state if he's man enough and if he's proud of it, let's compare it side by side with Akwa Ibom that was created the same year with Katsina state that has produced presidents.
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by PulsingPurple(m): 2:06pm On Aug 02
SyrusdeHansome:

Ask him to mention his state if he's man enough and if he's proud of it, let's compare it side by side with Akwa Ibom that was created the same year with Katsina state that has produced presidents.

Bro will probably make up something or change the conversation.

Just like he hasn't answered what they have achieved as a whole.
Cos there's a difference between achievement on paper and realistic achievements.
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by SyrusdeHansome(m): 2:30pm On Aug 02
PulsingPurple:

Bro will probably make up something or change the conversation.

Just like he hasn't answered what they have achieved as a whole.
Cos there's a difference between achievement on paper and realistic achievements.
Don't mind him. Apart frm Lagos, which other states were as serious as the ss states during the endsars protest?
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by Tsarbomba: 3:06pm On Aug 02
PulsingPurple:

You're trying deflect from the question. You claimed that akwa ibom has a 'cheaper cost of living', now provide the comprehensive criteria or methodology you used to come to that conclusion grin
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by OldBeer: 3:09pm On Aug 02
My people are not bornthroway like dem abokis. We value our lives here.
We love how peaceful our state is and we want to keep it that way.
Anybody that wants to be violent can go up north. Or else we descend on you ourselves. kiss
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by PulsingPurple(m): 3:11pm On Aug 02
Tsarbomba:
You're trying deflect from the question. You claimed that akwa ibom has a 'cheaper cost of living', now provide the comprehensive criteria or methodology you used to come to that conclusion grin

Are you playing dumb?
Don't you realise that the first criteria I've listed is COST OF HOUSE RENT?

Why not answer let's compare, then we move to the next one.
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by Melagros(m): 3:12pm On Aug 02
COMRADES, that Akwa Ibom State governor is a clown, the way he is going, if care is not taken, Akpabio will unseat him in 2027. Because the man na complete mumu, he doesn't know how politics work in Nigeria
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by PulsingPurple(m): 3:15pm On Aug 02
OldBeer:
My people are not bornthroway like dem abokis. We value our lives here.
We love how peaceful our state is and we want to keep it that way.
Anybody that wants to be violent can go up north. Or else we descend on you ourselves. kiss

At least take it easy with the remark before you offend someone.

But TRUE! Haters and co don't understand why Akwa Ibom is classified as a peaceful state, no be only for news, but also in reality.

When things get bad bad bad, we go protest.
For now, we would rather like a calm environment to go to work every morning and get something to survive with.
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by Tsarbomba: 3:36pm On Aug 02
PulsingPurple:

Are you playing dumb?
Don't you realise that the first criteria I've listed is COST OF HOUSE RENT?

Why not answer let's compare, then we move to the next one.
Is house rent the only indicator of cost of living? Why not include food prices grin
Besides, the point of discussion wasn't about house rents, but federal projects. Mention 10 critical federal projects in akwa ibom. I'm all ears!
Re: Protest: G4 Applauds Akwa Ibom People Over Peaceful Conduct by PulsingPurple(m): 3:58pm On Aug 02
Tsarbomba:
Is house rent the only indicator of cost of living? Why not include food prices grin
Besides, the point of discussion wasn't about house rents, but federal projects. Mention 10 critical federal projects in akwa ibom. I'm all ears!

You're saying I told you that house rent is the only thing that dictates cost of living?
Again, are you playing dumb?
Didn't you realise I said we'll move to the next one?

You're mentioning food price that is static? Slightly varying between PRODUCING/IMPORTING states and CONSUMING states...?

Yes the discussion is about 'federal projects', that's why I asked:

[Especially with their federal projects]

From which I proceeded to state that us (without the so-called 'federal projects') have better costs of living.

Now who's deviating?
You haven't answered a single question yet.

You shouldn't have mentioned me if you were going to play dumb.

Go and search online, you may learn a thing or two.

(1) (Reply)

Kano Protesters Storm Streets Despite Curfew, Massacre (Videos) / Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Deal, Kills Scores In Fresh Attack / Ekiti State & Workers Welfare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.