Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,211 members, 7,963,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 02:00 AM

How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: (50433 Views)

Bed Bugs Infestations In Lagos / bugs / Bed Bugs In My House: Any Remedy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by Entanglement: 5:15pm On Aug 03
YINKS89:
Personal experience;

So it happened that my dad sent me to one of his friends office to pick up a file and on getting there the man was not around so the secretary asked me to sit down on the sofa (my greatest undoing)

The man's office is a very big one so they have a separate visitors room where you can just relax while you wait for him. I sat down and slept off while waiting for him but woke up to a sting.

My first thought was maybe it was this normal mosquitoes that flies around so I did not read much to it then the man came attended to me and I went to give my dad his files. Note that I don't stay with my dad so immediately I dropped the file I excused myself and went home to my roomself contain on getting hoke I took off my cloth threw ot on the bed and went to take my shower (2nd mistake).

When I got back I picked up the clothes and put it in the basket unbeknownst to me I already have a foreigner in my room. After about 3 days I started noticing stings but this was different from the normal mosquitoes because I fleet my room at interval. One night it was so much that I had to wake up in the middle of the night to check that was when I stone of them on the wall, I killed it but then I begin to wonder how I got it there.
To cut the story short I discovered that I got it from my dad's friend office the day they decided to dispose off the Cushine in that off due to bug and funmigate then it dawn on me where they came from.

Note that I used a lot of chemicals but they wouldn't leave, sniper ,DD force, baygon even kerosene but alas that said my time is over in that house. Immediately my rent was due I took very few cloths to the dry cleaner got rid of most of my household items by selling it off to get a new one and that was how I got rid of bed bugs.

Those things never die.

If you've ever experienced bed bug invasion share your experience and how you got rid of them.
best method is to dry your stuff in hot sun

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by Raskimonojendor: 5:15pm On Aug 03
Kitoona:
Why did you chase them at the first place, they are called bed bug not outside bug, they are meant to stay at your bed.
They hide inside sofas too. Basically anything that has foam.

1 Like

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by EnterpriseMan(m): 5:16pm On Aug 03
The only way to get rid of bed bug is boiling hot water. I once had the issue in my previous apartment. I used all sort of chemicals known to man but they don't die and they have one strong smell when you kill them. What I did was simple, my bed had a water proof layer all around it so they can't get into the foam.
Anyway it took me an entire day.
1. I brought a big 200ltr drum into my room and filled it with water through a hose and dipped 6 ring boilers into it and left it for 2hrs to boil.
2. Then every clothing in my room I dipped into the boiling drum of water and took straight to my washing machine to wash with hot water. When the room no longer had any clothing, I flushed the drum and boiled another full drum.
3. I took my pressure washer that I use for my car and sprayed boiling hot water in every part of the room. Everything I did not need I simply set it on fire including all the trash. The walls, the ceiling every part of the room was washed, then I moped the water off the floor, scraped the old paint and sprayed the room again. Then I took the mattress out to dry and left the room to dry for 2days then I re painted the room.

I never found or saw any bed bug in that room ever again until I left that house.

I found the hot water solution on YouTube. Apparently it kills bed bugs easily even the eggs that haven't hatched yet.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by kernniejay(m): 5:18pm On Aug 03
Lexusgs430:

Those insects too would be wondering, what this hopeless human beings are doing on earth, always trying to kill them........😁😂
May be. But fact is that The Creator made every creature for man, not man for the creatures.

2 Likes

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by GboyegaD(m): 5:19pm On Aug 03
donbenie:
If you are buying second hand items,it comes with its own hazards and bed bug infestation is one of possibly many..
If you don't want any wahala,buy brand new items..

While your assertion is true however, anyone who sells infested item without informing the buyer is wicked.

4 Likes

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by Umuinyioku: 5:19pm On Aug 03
YINKS89:

Someone sent me this on twitter, said it's highly effective but you can't stay in the room for 2 days
Yes. Dress force Just N500.

Very effective. I used it and it worked.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by Starpro87(m): 5:19pm On Aug 03
emilo2bad:
Sniper and kerosene will eliminate them
very effective
used and thank me later

It's too tempting to have sniper at home, most especially when you have a cheating girlfriend.

3 Likes

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by BALLOSKI: 5:23pm On Aug 03
general111:
I'd rather live on the street than live in a bedbugs infested house.
They will cause ptsd
I de get goosebumps reading the story like this.
Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by Umuinyioku: 5:23pm On Aug 03
YINKS89:
Personal experience;

So it happened that my dad sent me to one of his friends office to pick up a file and on getting there the man was not around so the secretary asked me to sit down on the sofa (my greatest undoing)

The man's office is a very big one so they have a separate visitors room where you can just relax while you wait for him. I sat down and slept off while waiting for him but woke up to a sting.

My first thought was maybe it was this normal mosquitoes that flies around so I did not read much to it then the man came attended to me and I went to give my dad his files. Note that I don't stay with my dad so immediately I dropped the file I excused myself and went home to my roomself contain on getting hoke I took off my cloth threw ot on the bed and went to take my shower (2nd mistake).

When I got back I picked up the clothes and put it in the basket unbeknownst to me I already have a foreigner in my room. After about 3 days I started noticing stings but this was different from the normal mosquitoes because I fleet my room at interval. One night it was so much that I had to wake up in the middle of the night to check that was when I stone of them on the wall, I killed it but then I begin to wonder how I got it there.
To cut the story short I discovered that I got it from my dad's friend office the day they decided to dispose off the Cushine in that off due to bug and funmigate then it dawn on me where they came from.

Note that I used a lot of chemicals but they wouldn't leave, sniper ,DD force, baygon even kerosene but alas that said my time is over in that house. Immediately my rent was due I took very few cloths to the dry cleaner got rid of most of my household items by selling it off to get a new one and that was how I got rid of bed bugs.

Those things never die.

If you've ever experienced bed bug invasion share your experience and how you got rid of them.
Dress force powder is being hawked. Buy from them. Not Jumia. Very effective and you won't see it again!

2 Likes

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by chatinent: 5:25pm On Aug 03
If I lodge in a hotel, I take almost one hour investigating the foam, duvet and everything in the room. Cos I refuse to import begbug to my belongings and export them to my house. If I see even one bug, I rather sleep inside rain outside than sleep in that room...but definitely they'd change the room.

I can't bear bedbudgs. I just cannot. E better make e bi one million mosquitoes cos I dey always lodge with insecticide.

But you selling bedbug-infested belongings to unsuspecting people is evil. If I were a judge, I'd sentence you to life imprisonment.

4 Likes

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by donbenie(m): 5:26pm On Aug 03
GboyegaD:

While your assertion is true however, anyone who sells infested item without informing the buyer is wicked.
That would also depend on the price at which they were being disposed of..
If you are buying something at a price which seems too good to be true..
If you didn't do your due diligence..
You only have yourself to blame,if there is more than meets the eye..

1 Like

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by Deasegun19(m): 5:33pm On Aug 03
ceejay80s:
This is the best way to kill them completely...
Gloss paint or oily paint...there's a chemical in some of those gloss paint that is pepprish in the eye,
Paint ur whole house leave ur clothes and everything in that room and go stay outside,they die immediately.
Ask painters what they add to those oily paints, u must use with the paint,

I can testify to this. It was after a repaint we discovered they don't exist again in our room.

We tried everything, e no work.

I think they mix petrol and water with the paint.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by newoffer: 5:35pm On Aug 03
Lime is plenty now. Buy lime squeeze it. Buy Dettol and kerosene mixed together. They will run away. This creature don cause person to get stroke from excess sucking of blood. Lime kerosene and Dettol . Mix them and spray every wood joint and corner. If u no fit buy lime ask aboki for free lime waste wey he don squeeze. Boil the waste in hot water. Drain the water add salt and Dettol to it.
Tohsynetita1:
please share the image, a friend of mine is facing same

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by Thecorporatesho(m): 5:45pm On Aug 03
Satanic blood sucking animal... Stayed in my house for 3 years even after relocating thrice... Fuel kills them instantly tho.... Coupled with the grace of God

3 Likes

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by Advancedman(m): 5:45pm On Aug 03
fineboynl:
Some species can survive 1year plus without blood meal and reproduce really fast, their egg can survive harsh environment. It's the reason they can be difficult to completely get rid off.

Their bite is painful than that of mosquito and smell very bad and also they reproduced best in crowded room with wooden furniture. Also if you live in ceiling appointment just forgot it because once they enter ceiling it's best to burn down the house.

Smell/odor from insecticide will net affect them unless it touches them.

They are meant for tinubulation.
Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by saddler: 5:47pm On Aug 03
YINKS89:
Personal experience;

Those things never die.

The Englishes you are sparking ehn.....u wan scatter my head
Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by Kaysalas(m): 5:49pm On Aug 03
jopedom:
Those small creatures are terrible..look for SEED CARE and you wont see them again-
What is seed care? Can we see a picture?
Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by Datedoboy: 5:50pm On Aug 03
kernniejay:
Sometimes I wonder why God created those insects, like mosquitoes, cockroach, house flies, bed bugs and others. They don't have any benefit to mankind other than to cause sicknesses.
Lol. The truth is that when God created all insects, they were feasting on plants and seeds, same as animals but when man rebelled against God in Eden, He made some animals and insects rebel against us too.

That's why we have wild animals and insects that feast on our blood. Man lost peace and ultimate protection after that incident but in the future, all animals and man will revert back to how it was in Eden. Revelation 21 vs 3-5

No more insect bite, sickness, poverty and death. Man was created to live forever and God who does not lie will make it happen.

In the meantime, we should try to live right.

6 Likes

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by sonofsteven: 5:56pm On Aug 03
YINKS89:
Personal experience;

Those things never die.

You should have used an insecticide called OJENGBE

can never forget it, one spray lasts for 7days

It kills the bedbug and the eggs

Most insecticide doesn't kill the eggs,that's why it's as if e no dey work, with ojengbe, mosquito won't disturb you for 7days.... the insecticide na once in awhile the seller dey pass, e dey dey hard gan... for lagos island, e cost and like 600ml

1 Like

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by Oyindamolah: 5:57pm On Aug 03
Where can I get it? Have you gotten it?
YINKS89:

Someone sent me this on twitter, said it's highly effective but you can't stay in the room for 2 days
Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by Onwe6666: 5:57pm On Aug 03
Gadafii:
Bed bugs are worse than mosquitoes, these guys are demons

The way they multiply within few days is crazy.

One time I harbored someone for just two days, not knowing he came with bugs into my apt.

The second night's I already got stung like 1k times, I no sleep that night, in the morning I decided to check every corner of my bed and hidden places, swept and sprayed some insecticide thinking I have done a wonderful job

Just two nights later they resumes, omo I wan die.. I could barely sleep on my bed both day or night, but night is worse.. these gangsters are demonic se

I tried everything I could, different insecticides all to no avail

Until someone advised I mix kerosene with sniper in large quantity and thoroughly fumigate the house, burn some other stuff like bedsheet or clothing's they would have come in contact with, which I did

It took me almost six months to finally get ride of them

I just de read your comment de laugh with tears for my eye....hahahaha

I can relate
Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by general111(m): 6:03pm On Aug 03
BALLOSKI:
I de get goosebumps reading the story like this.
what bedbugs has done to me is enough to cry.
Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by JuanDeDios: 6:04pm On Aug 03
Gbolahan111:

Bedbugs can be eliminated gradually and completely, but not immediately. You can try the following approaches:

1. Kerosene is effective in killing bedbug. Clean all your furniture, sockets, cables and any other materials where the bedbugs can hide with kerosene. You can even use kerosene mixed with detergent to mop your room.
2. Bedbugs can hide anywhere. Try and decongest your room. Remove any unwanted items, clothings, and furniture. Discard them if possible. The idea is to create space and avoid packing many things close to each other.
3. Bedbugs cannot survive high temperatures. To eliminate them on a mattress, identify their locations or their eggs, plug your pressing iron and place it on the spots you’ve identified. It will destroy the eggs immediately. You can also think of any other tools that can generate heat - an example is the female handheld hair dryer.
4. Bedbugs feast on humans, and they won’t die if they continue to have something to feast on. If possible, after carrying out the above steps, leave the mattress or the entire room for a day or more. Do not sleep there. The bedbugs will desiccate if there’s nothing(human blood) to feast on.

These are some of the few steps you can implement to reduce or eliminate the spread of bedbugs in your personal home.

NB: This is my personal research. You can try those steps and revert.
Your research is good. It's difficult, but I've seen them completely eliminated. Kerosene or heat works. In Oyinbo countries, it's heat that bug experts use to get rid of them. DD Force also works - the key is to use use it well and then repeat it after some weeks.

2 Likes

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by tivta(m): 6:04pm On Aug 03
YINKS89:
Personal experience;

Those things never die.

You must have bought fake sniper
Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by jericco1(m): 6:06pm On Aug 03
Bro I have been in a house that was infested with bed bugs it was not funny o

So I had to buy sniper oo and killed everything then sun dried the mattress

The amount of bed bugs killed will fill a cup o. So many

To prevent it one needs to be very clean p

3 Likes

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by doggedfighter(f): 6:08pm On Aug 03
pocohantas:
Comments here are scary. Are they this vicious? I need to be careful where I sit and who I let in.

How do you vet who you let in ?😁

Sometimes even those big people or people we assume that are clean carry them around because bedbugs are tiny demons.

They're in Saloons , offices e.t.c places where people meet.

We hope the universe keeps us away from people and places with bedbugs.

We just hope the universe keep keeping us away from people with them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by cmikel: 6:10pm On Aug 03
YINKS89:
Personal experience;

Those things never die.

It will go away, depends on how u handle it.

Does your matras have a bed cover? First step is to put a sealed bed cover on your matras.

Secondly they also hide in books

2 Likes

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by Jerrywhite77: 6:12pm On Aug 03
Those of u who have experienced bed bug invasion before, how did you get rid of them?
Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by bobbiiee: 6:12pm On Aug 03
Bugs

1. Pack all books, fabrics, and shoes that are not in use into waste disposal nylon. Double it because bugs can survive a few months without food, but can't survive without oxygen.

2. Ensure you iron clothes before wearing them.
3. Spray your wooden bed with kerosene.
4. If you can afford Mackintosh, put your mattress in it. If you can't, iron your mattress thoroughly, that is if the fabric cover is still there.
5. Never use kerosine on the mattress; it will destroy it.
6. They can't survive high temperatures; I can't remember the degree needed to kill them. There is an electric device that is filled with water; it turns it into hot vapour. It kills both bugs and eggs. You can get it on Amazon. The beauty of it is that you don't get to inhale chemicals.
7. In my house, any clothing worn when going out is hung someone before sitting down.
8. I spray the house with a snipper whenever a visitor leaves.
9. It's always good to identify the source; otherwise, the exercise may be in vain.
10. Hiring an exterminator may not work because you can't get rid of them by treating them once.
11. I spray the beds twice or thrice weekly.

It has infested my place twice before I learnt those.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by A305: 6:13pm On Aug 03
kernniejay:
Sometimes I wonder why God created those insects, like mosquitoes, cockroach, house flies, bed bugs and others. They don't have any benefit to mankind other than to cause sicknesses.
human too don't benefit the Earth even the Universe is hostile to you and trying to kill you. The moment you leave Earth; you won't survive 5 hours in outer space.

1 Like

Re: How Bed Bugs Made Me Relocate: by Jflex07(m): 6:16pm On Aug 03
What I suffered in the hands of these bed bugs cannot be overstated. I tried almost everything I could until I was advised to use kerosene and sniper. That was my saving grace.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Sent Away From Home For Demanding Too Much Sex / Husband Waits To Have Sex Until Marriage . . . Then Learns Wife Is 4 Months Preg / Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.